Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

alien wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:33 pm I’m sorry if this is ugly I’m on my phone

:05 “we’re having a furry threesome” Phil says he knew dan would say something about furries but doesn’t say anything about the threesome comment which Dan replies with “just living my truth Phil”
:34 dan says “peta would not approve” about the game they’re playing and my first thought was “who’s peter?”
1:58. “Cause hamsters they just roger(?) anything...same tbh” I’ve never heard the term “roger” for “have sex with”before is that what he says? Anyway it’s clear dan’s not picky.
3:46 out of all the animals Phil would like to ride a tiger is not one of them
4:02 “I’ll hit ya mum’s box...I mean I didn’t say that. I did not say that.” Phil really cracks himself up with that one. Dan: “that’s a solid not okay”
5:12-5:26 Phil talks about his heart racing which leads to this adorable quiet voice exchange between the two of them
6:26-6:34 Phil wins the first round and does the most adorable boasting
6:36-6:53 dan somehow knows Phil is going to make a “hit the road jack” reference which leads to dan saying the spend too much time together and they need some time apart which leads to them fake crying and then “but seriously we’re both really weird” and I think the whole thing was hilarious
8:52 dan: “you can imagine if we’re filming this right now how it was when we were actually doing this for hours trying to get the medals” they sure spend a lot of time together don’t they
9:26 dan: “I’m fine I’m calm and my resolution is to not scream because when we play games in real life and we’re not filming I’m never emotional” Phil: laughs “oh yeah” dan: “alright dans angry when he plays Mario kart Mr Phil playing fortnite- career ending - his language”
11:42-11:52 Phil’s goes to imitate what the next animal is but uses a noise which dan objects to. Phil: who makes the rules? Dan: “ugh *eyeroll* ok fine”
11:54- 12:10 talking wild hogs and horses
13:05 Phil: “how ya finding it?” Dan: “I’m concentrating massively” phil: “I can tell”
14:48 dans long drawn out bleep and Phil’s adorable laugh
16:34 dan dies where phil did earlier and they can’t remember the time correctly (genuinely I didn’t get the sense they were making this up) but say it’s the same which leads to an all or nothing but if you actually pay attention to the time dan was technically faster lol
17:20 a now 3rd mention of how much time they spent together playing this game “we did have no life for a solid 2 weeks maybe”
17:23 rock paper scissors, dan wins and chooses phil to go first. Phil: “I choose you philichu” in the funniest voice. Idk why I love this part so much
18:12 Phil puts the bandicoot cut out on dan’s cheek with a nice hearty pat
18:53 dan imitates a “wild phil crying at crash bandicoot”
19:06 “give us a thumbs up” “what does that say about you? That you want more furry threesome action from dan and Phil maybe we’ll add some more to the pile know what I’m saying? The dog pile” “stop”

Unimportant side note: I think it’s so gross when they bite the controller lol
Very important side note: phil looks incredible in his glasses
1:58 Yes, to “roger” someone is (old fashioned, kind of posh) British slang for having sex - so Dan is basically saying he will have sex with anything here!

Edit: sorry not to cut down the quote, I’m on mobile

Edit2: top of page whyyyyyy
peekatyou
drama llama

hello9217 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:05 am Also why would people think they would make their relationship obvious? In 50 days they are starting their world tour and quite a few countries they are going to are not lgbt friendly. Here's a post from awhile back someone made about them visiting russia and why it's important:
https://quercussp.tumblr.com/post/17023 ... the-russia
I don't know, some people make it sound like Russia is the only thing holding them back from coming out before the tour. Do people think the guys will be attacked on the streets, or even not allowed in the country at all? They don't ask your sexuality when you enter the country, and as long as you don't act like L*gan P*ul in Japan, you're 100% fine. If they're so scared to come to Russia, which they absolutely, absolutely shouldn't be, they can just say 'you know what, f that country' like Thom Yorke did, and never come. But that'd be a shame 'cause we love them here and want to see them live and give them a hug. :ribena:
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

flurry wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:46 am
Offtopic(how do I do this on my phone?): I saw Cat's latest video on not being invited to Vidcon because now only the "famous" Youtubers get to go and so "original creators" like herself are sidelined. Personally I thought it was whiny and annoying but I would love to hear what others think, especially since Dan and Phil were with Cat quite a lot in previous Vidcons and that's when videos of them three together emerge in her vlogs too. The reason I didn't agree with her video is that clearly those with more views are going to be at Vidcon and just because she was there before doesn't guarantee a free pass to every Vidcon for the rest of her life - that would also take the chance away from new creators who are gaining popularity. And in any other job, those who don't perform don't retain their positions/privileges even if they've been 20 years in the job, so I just felt she didn't make much logical sense.
I recommend the Catrific thread, there is some discussion of it there!
applegrass
dank meme

If I hadn't known it was Crash Bandicoot, I could have missed it because of the "Furry" title - that would be a shame. Although I have no childhood memories connected to this game, I am totally on board whenever they play it. It feels natural, simultaneously calm and competitive. I desperately want good videos like this one to get the amount of views and likes they deserve.

Also, 2017 has brought us Dan embracing his curly hair. Is 2018 bringing us Phil embracing his glasses?
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

peekatyou wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:42 am
hello9217 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:05 am Also why would people think they would make their relationship obvious? In 50 days they are starting their world tour and quite a few countries they are going to are not lgbt friendly. Here's a post from awhile back someone made about them visiting russia and why it's important:
https://quercussp.tumblr.com/post/17023 ... the-russia
I don't know, some people make it sound like Russia is the only thing holding them back from coming out before the tour. Do people think the guys will be attacked on the streets, or even not allowed in the country at all? They don't ask your sexuality when you enter the country, and as long as you don't act like L*gan P*ul in Japan, you're 100% fine. If they're so scared to come to Russia, which they absolutely, absolutely shouldn't be, they can just say 'you know what, f that country' like Thom Yorke did, and never come. But that'd be a shame 'cause we love them here and want to see them live and give them a hug. :ribena:
i always get the sense their decisions around their personal life are personally-motivated rather than logistical/financial, as in if something was completely doable but also potentially stressful and triggering (relatively, to their day-to-day experience) they may not opt for it at the moment (i'm taking my cue from the past week also, pretty heavily).

i really shouldn't be speaking to this as i know nothing, and don't have the time to research more trustworthy sources than wiki right now, but m/m sex is not legal in Singapore either, and they have media laws banning the 'promotion' of both m/m and f/f "lifestyle". i have vague memories of signing an online petition a few years ago countering a petition to prevent Adam Lambert from touring to perform something or other (he did end up performing, and tbh that sort of protest happens in a lot places even without illegal status). hopefully our Singaporean posters can take over from here though.

I liked the video as much as I could, with that pretty obvious wash over it in terms of Dan's demeanour which made me a tad sad. we haven't seen that insecure snappy competitiveness in a while, i don't need to hope he's doing okay though because i know he will be soon. will be easier to reflect more objectively in a few weeks i reckon, for both him and the audience.

i'd like to see more gaming they do offscreen, it seems to be an easier headspace for them to just bang out videos in? and is enjoyable for me to consume as far as gaming channel themes go, as a bonus.
applegrass wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:27 am Also, 2017 has brought us Dan embracing his curly hair. Is 2018 bringing us Phil embracing his glasses?
yes! we're spoiled. cough obligatory i hope phil's eye health improves though blah blah cough.
art in avatar by lily
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I think that last sentence sort of explains itself. It would be an easier headspace for them exactly because they aren't banging out a video. The moment they know they are filming, i think we'd just see what we are used to on the gaming channel.

How I imagine D&P gaming off camera:
A lot more shouting -also by phil- and lot harsher and more crude remarks /friendly insults being hurled at each other, laced with even more competitiveness. I don't think their competitiveness is related to insecurity?
A.k.a. : how gaming between (two) guys tends to go down, and it's what a lot of friends playing among themselves just enjoy (not just jocks, my friends are a bunch of geeks but when we game we enjoy the "psychological warfare" aspect and we boast a lot about how we well crush all resistance ;) ). But i don't think their real life gaming behavior would be a fan favorite.
Also they are their unique selves and are "very weird" (as Dan claimed yet again), so they probably do all kinds of stuff that we wouldn't expect them to do in front of the spotlight ;-)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

women are extremely competitive gamers and also enjoy snarky heated gamer banter. it's not a 'guy' thing :lol:
i'm watching people shit talk each other on twitch as i type this very sentence.

i meant comparatively to how he displays his graciousness and sportmanship in some gaming videos, it often correlates with him displaying higher spirits in other areas. just my observation ;)
art in avatar by lily
dancy
procrastinator

Ehh, I didn't love this video which has more to do with the fact that I think the gameplay is kinda boring rather than the bants. To me, Crash Bandicoot is the kind of game that's fun to play myself but I don't really enjoy watching someone playing it. I'm not surprised that Phil is the one who tweeted this video since Dan seems like he's been trying to avoid audience interaction which I don't really blame him for. I'm not expecting a live show from him anytime soon either and while I'd love for Phil to do one next week, I doubt he will unless they've got something tour-related to announce or show.

Speaking of the tour, Dan did say a couple of interesting things during his live show and I'm excited to hear more in the next couple of weeks so we won't be so clueless about it anymore. He said they'll share some stuff that they plan on doing on stage, pictures/concept art of the set and another trailer of some kind. Each show will have the same concept but be very different based on what attendees want to talk about or want them to react to. There will be lots of way for people to get involved before the show and maybe on the internet, which is quite intriguing. Is there gonna be a website where people can submit stories/requests perhaps? And those who aren't keen on audience participation can sit back and be entertained but "if you're someone that's really funny or a bit of a troll or that extra person that feels the need to do something and has all these ideas, you can be a part of the show and roast us on behalf of all the other people". Truly sounds like it's gonna be a rollercoaster and I pray that people will behave, though I'm sure that D&P will make sure that things don't get out of hand regardless of them saying the audience will be the one in control.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

dancy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:50 pm Speaking of the tour, Dan did say a couple of interesting things during his live show and I'm excited to hear more in the next couple of weeks so we won't be so clueless about it anymore. He said they'll share some stuff that they plan on doing on stage, pictures/concept art of the set and another trailer of some kind. Each show will have the same concept but be very different based on what attendees want to talk about or want them to react to. There will be lots of way for people to get involved before the show and maybe on the internet, which is quite intriguing. Is there gonna be a website where people can submit stories/requests perhaps? And those who aren't keen on audience participation can sit back and be entertained but "if you're someone that's really funny or a bit of a troll or that extra person that feels the need to do something and has all these ideas, you can be a part of the show and roast us on behalf of all the other people". Truly sounds like it's gonna be a rollercoaster and I pray that people will behave, though I'm sure that D&P will make sure that things don't get out of hand regardless of them saying the audience will be the one in control.
I had theorized this in the past, thinking maybe the audience participation would be tied into some sort of app/website. The vibe that I’ve been getting from what we’ve heard so far is: scaled up PINOF on a stage.

And I heavily agree with that last sentence, D&P are too big of control freaks to let it get out of hand. I’m sure they’ll be either screening the responses they get from the audience, or will opt for preset questions like the fanfic portion of TABINOF. Leaving it up to the audience fully would be a complete disaster lmao :lol:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan may still be slightly cold shouldering us on twitter, but he did respond to Owen Jones.
starwatersong
phabergé

dancy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:50 pm I'm not surprised that Phil is the one who tweeted this video since Dan seems like he's been trying to avoid audience interaction which I don't really blame him for.
It's too bad, as I prefer when Dan tweets it because he also replies on Facebook, so I feel like you get double the replies. As he has pointed out more than once (including in his last ls), the Facebook people tend to be a little milder (probably because their names are attached to it).
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Slightly off-topic but I was just rewatching "Predicting Dan's future" and had a good giggle about how 2018 Dan was predicted to have "masculine energy".
There's a dick joke in here somewhere.
honeybee
squish

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:40 pm Slightly off-topic but I was just rewatching "Predicting Dan's future" and had a good giggle about how 2018 Dan was predicted to have "masculine energy".
There's a dick joke in here somewhere.
I literally did the same thing yesterday lmao
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

looks like phil's home for mother's day!
Image Image
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I wonder what the chances Dan went with Phil are? I mean, he's been to IoM for father's day before. (But I also expect Dan at some point to spend some time with his own family before jetting off on tour. His grandmother seems the type who would put in an official request to see his face regularly.)

But hey, progress on the twitter front - we got a Dan style robo tweet.
phillyforgot
butt chair

allsaintshowell wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:51 pm looks like phil's home for mother's day!
Yup, it looks like Phil's gone home to visit his family. He really takes every chance he gets to see them, doesn't he? :lol:

Considering Dan's gone along on a lot of family events recently, I wonder if he's going along this time again. I'm sure Phil wouldn't mind the company too much. :shrug:
hello9217
flower crown

I think it would be good for Dan to have gone up north with Phil after this whole past week just so he can relax a bit.

Also an hour later and Phil's replying to peeps. Did he tweet before he got on the plane and then decide to talk to people once he got off? That's different
lila23
tol bean

Yes, It'd be good if they were together there, and if it's not the case I hope Dan goes visit his own family. As he has said many times he doesn't like to be alone much.

Guys, if you're up there together, go for a hike or build a snowman and send us a pic please! It's what we want, and need probably ;) .
phillyforgot
butt chair

lila23 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 pm Yes, It'd be good if they were together there, and if it's not the case I hope Dan goes visit his own family. As he has said many times he doesn't like to be alone much.

Guys, if you're up there together, go for a hike or build a snowman and send us a pic please! It's what we want, and need probably ;) .
I don't know if Dan would tell anyone if he was up there with Phil. He always struck me as the type to hide that sort of stuff. But maybe that's just me. :shrug:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

phillyforgot wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:29 pm I don't know if Dan would tell anyone if he was up there with Phil. He always struck me as the type to hide that sort of stuff. But maybe that's just me. :shrug:
Yeah, Dan's unlikely to tell us if he's made the trip north. But Cornelia might spill the beans. :tu:
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
lila23
tol bean

They've told it themselves 3 times if I remember well (the time with the horse pics, when they went hiking and Dan fell, and last Christmas). Who knows? But it'd be cute...
autumnhearth
senpai

I have no opinion on if Dan went up north, I just hope he is with family this weekend, whether they are Howells or Lesters.
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

I won’t be at all surprised if Dan’s going to visit his mum.
Baring in mind that the he can get from London to Wokingham in less than an hour via train. Easily able to go to his parents and come back within the same day whenever he wants.
With their uploading schedule he could make the journey once a week and we’d probably never notice :shrug:

Phil has further to travel and a plane flight to go through to do the same. So plenty of time for him to get bored enough to tweet about it.
fancybum
senpai

bookfiend wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:53 am I won’t be at all surprised if Dan’s going to visit his mum.
Baring in mind that the he can get from London to Wokingham in less than an hour via train. Easily able to go to his parents and come back within the same day whenever he wants.
With their uploading schedule he could make the journey once a week and we’d probably never notice :shrug:

Phil has further to travel and a plane flight to go through to do the same. So plenty of time for him to get bored enough to tweet about it.
What my brain is doing with this information is saying ‘so Dan could totally go see (or have already gone to see) his mom and go to iom. A classic case of ‘why not both’ :lol:

But I also have no actual opinion and will just wait and see (or not see). Time apart is healthy and good in any case. But if Dan gets his ass stuck in something at any point, wherever he is, a pic would be nice.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
pearshaped34
morning quiff

bookfiend wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:53 am I won’t be at all surprised if Dan’s going to visit his mum.
He could visit his parents weekly without us knowing but we can probably assume he doesn't because last year he stated in a liveshow in like March he'd meet up with his mom in London to get a jacket he'd left at Christmas back.