Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

fancybum wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:23 am
bookfiend wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:53 am I won’t be at all surprised if Dan’s going to visit his mum.
Baring in mind that the he can get from London to Wokingham in less than an hour via train. Easily able to go to his parents and come back within the same day whenever he wants.
With their uploading schedule he could make the journey once a week and we’d probably never notice :shrug:

Phil has further to travel and a plane flight to go through to do the same. So plenty of time for him to get bored enough to tweet about it.
What my brain is doing with this information is saying ‘so Dan could totally go see (or have already gone to see) his mom and go to iom. A classic case of ‘why not both’ :lol:

But I also have no actual opinion and will just wait and see (or not see). Time apart is healthy and good in any case. But if Dan gets his ass stuck in something at any point, wherever he is, a pic would be nice.
It took me just a few seconds too long to get the reference and boy was my mind creative in that short span of time :rofl:
fancybum
senpai

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:38 am It took me just a few seconds too long to get the reference and boy was my mind creative in that short span of time :rofl:
I mean the possibilities for that scenario are basically endless now that Dan’s clued us in to the capability of an ass to regularly go in and out of small spaces with apparent ease :ninja:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
blueskies
phillion/danosaur <//3

mermaid blood wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:53 am
peekatyou wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:42 am
hello9217 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:05 am Also why would people think they would make their relationship obvious? In 50 days they are starting their world tour and quite a few countries they are going to are not lgbt friendly. Here's a post from awhile back someone made about them visiting russia and why it's important:
https://quercussp.tumblr.com/post/17023 ... the-russia
I don't know, some people make it sound like Russia is the only thing holding them back from coming out before the tour. Do people think the guys will be attacked on the streets, or even not allowed in the country at all? They don't ask your sexuality when you enter the country, and as long as you don't act like L*gan P*ul in Japan, you're 100% fine. If they're so scared to come to Russia, which they absolutely, absolutely shouldn't be, they can just say 'you know what, f that country' like Thom Yorke did, and never come. But that'd be a shame 'cause we love them here and want to see them live and give them a hug. :ribena:
i always get the sense their decisions around their personal life are personally-motivated rather than logistical/financial, as in if something was completely doable but also potentially stressful and triggering (relatively, to their day-to-day experience) they may not opt for it at the moment (i'm taking my cue from the past week also, pretty heavily).

i really shouldn't be speaking to this as i know nothing, and don't have the time to research more trustworthy sources than wiki right now, but m/m sex is not legal in Singapore either, and they have media laws banning the 'promotion' of both m/m and f/f "lifestyle". i have vague memories of signing an online petition a few years ago countering a petition to prevent Adam Lambert from touring to perform something or other (he did end up performing, and tbh that sort of protest happens in a lot places even without illegal status). hopefully our Singaporean posters can take over from here though.

I liked the video as much as I could, with that pretty obvious wash over it in terms of Dan's demeanour which made me a tad sad. we haven't seen that insecure snappy competitiveness in a while, i don't need to hope he's doing okay though because i know he will be soon. will be easier to reflect more objectively in a few weeks i reckon, for both him and the audience.

i'd like to see more gaming they do offscreen, it seems to be an easier headspace for them to just bang out videos in? and is enjoyable for me to consume as far as gaming channel themes go, as a bonus.
applegrass wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:27 am Also, 2017 has brought us Dan embracing his curly hair. Is 2018 bringing us Phil embracing his glasses?
yes! we're spoiled. cough obligatory i hope phil's eye health improves though blah blah cough.
hi everyone, i haven't spoken here for ages (just lurking 8-) ) but as someone who lives in and was born in Singapore, i would like to further elaborate on this point. under the cut since it's off-topic!
Singapore is generally a very conservative society, especially in terms of mindsets, traditional values, etc etc. one stereotype i would say we had less of is the "Man>Woman" stereotype, but that's another topic altogether. most people among the older generation here believe in traditionally starting a family, giving birth to more than one child, settling down somewhere in Singapore, blah blah. but among the younger generation (perhaps due to the internet and progressive thinking) there has been a lot of rally for change and acceptance, and more teenagers/millenials are coming out and standing up for themselves, their friends, and their sexualities. there are quite a few examples in my school, and this is something i personally am very proud of.
(also: search up pink dot 2017!!)
despite this, there is still a stigma surrounding homosexuals. while i wouldn't say that a homosexual celebrity who came out would get chased around with sticks and whatnot, there would definitely be gossip (in hushed tones at dinnertime while the old folks tut) because it's such a rare thing, and some might choose to distance themselves from the celebrity, though still appreciating their content. this is something that i have found quite interesting - for most older Singaporeans, even if the celebrity you are a fan of has gone against your personal values, you still like and support that celebrity. one example is my mum, who once squealed to me: "did you know Michael Jackson was gay???" and proceeded to list all of her favourite songs of MJ. then the next day at dinner she said she "wouldn't hate on a homosexual, but wouldn't want her relatives/kids (me!!!!......) to 'become' one", which kind of summarises the general feeling among the older generation.

and of course, m/m is still considered illegal in Singapore, though with the way things are going i am very hopeful for a change in the near future. and to bring this back to dnp, as long as they don't explicitly come out, they're fine. and since a larger demographic of their audience is relatively younger, i think they'll be even fine-r. :)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i don't think dan is up north with phil.. (but i would not at all complain if he were!)
but if he is, it's most likely that he went with phil the day before mother's day, and then on mother's day dan will visit his own mum.
I don't really expect them to let us know tbh, not really a casual way to bring it up. but like someone said earlier (sorry i forget who ): !!)
cornelia might slide us a couple pics or insta stories ;)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flurry
living flop

To weigh in as a Singaporean as well: while legally and physically nothing would happen to Dan and Phil if they came as a couple, there would be pressure on them and pressure on the authorities not to allow them in or go restrict who they can sell tickets to (ie raise the age rating of their performance). The Adam lambert case was a good example of a celebrity being under pressure when coming here - not really legal issues per se but definitely there was a maelstrom of ignorance and outcry online.

Another example is the touring company of Les Miserables two years ago - a male actor gave another male actor a friendly peck on the cheek as part of a joke in a scene. Someone raised a hue and cry online and they were told to stop the action. Neither character is explicitly gay in the musical (no it's not Enjolras and Grantaire). Hope that gives you an idea of what it's like here mermaidblood
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

it does, thank you for very much @blueskies and @flurry! the Pink Dot growing in numbers every year is exciting, i loved looking at the photos! living somewhere that only got equal marriage a few months ago (but is a pretty untraditional and secular nation, go figure) i can share in that sense of things changing with the generations, slowly but surely.

the Les Mis thing is...ridiculous to say the least. makes me wonder how they'll choose to handle their tour material place to place, especially if a lot of it will be improvised.
art in avatar by lily
flurry
living flop

mermaidblood That's actually a point I do worry about - how loose in structure the tour actually is and if it will cause wildly varying material from place to place. Some areas like Singapore have much quieter and reserved audiences compared to somewhere like America, for instance, and I'm not sure how certain jokes/humour will go down too. In some ways I almost prefer it to be TATINOF style tour where they do a very preplanned musical/play - although that was a bit too rigidly structured and scripted and it showed. I just wonder exactly where they draw the line between having an audience-directed show and a show that has audience involvement, because depending too much on audience leading is also a. not their style b. rather dangerous if the audience doesn't pull through.

Not gonna lie, the lack of information on the tour is making me sort of nervous, even though logically, I don't have to be since they haven't even released TBC dates :P
fancybum
senpai

Is Dan passively communicating with “us” by liking this or is he just liking a relatable tweet with no other motive? Time to whip out more tinfoil (personally I keep mine handy at all times).
phillyforgot
butt chair

fancybum wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pm Is Dan passively communicating with “us” by liking this or is he just liking a relatable tweet with no other motive? Time to whip out more tinfoil (personally I keep mine handy at all times).
I don't understands Dan's motives, but I can relate to that tweet so much it's embarrassing. :oops:
fancybum
senpai

phillyforgot wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:03 pm
fancybum wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pm Is Dan passively communicating with “us” by liking this or is he just liking a relatable tweet with no other motive? Time to whip out more tinfoil (personally I keep mine handy at all times).
I don't understands Dan's motives, but I can relate to that tweet so much it's embarrassing. :oops:
I mean I relate to it up until the “deal with” part lolol

OR maybe this is some indication he’s home alone having time to be emo. Phil’s too busy familying it up to be liking tweets.... :sherlock:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My vote is definitely passively communicating. The same way his "boo boo the fool" tweet like last week was also passively communicating

I also feel like there's slightly more of a chance Dan is on IoM if Cornelia is as well... though I still don't find myself with a strong opinion either way.
phillyforgot
butt chair

It's nice to hear that Martyn and Cornelia have visited the family too. It's always nice to hear how close the Lester family are to each other. :love1:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

That's kinda hysterical.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
anonymousdork
delia smith

lefthandedism wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:28 pm That's kinda hysterical.
:-?
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

That's definitely one of those better in theory than in practice novelty items.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
phillyforgot
butt chair

I'm uncomfortable with that image to say the least. I hope it won't eat me in my sleep or anything. I mean Phil's mum's usually pretty, but... :| :cry:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

On the bright side, Phil's a sweet son buying her something relaxing and cute-in-theory :shock:

I didn't think Dan liking that tweet necessarily had anything to do with us :shrug: but it is sadly relatable.

The dog show Crufts has been on TV the last few nights, I don't remember now if they've ever mentioned watching it.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Dan also just liked this diet coke tweet? I love that he won’t #spon his own stuff but he’ll contribute to diet coke.
edit: maybe assuming it was an accidental like from a sponsored post?
autumnhearth
senpai

Minnie is horrifying, the Diet Coke lifestyle makes me sad, but this shirt is neat. Old school red and black buffalo plaid + dinosaurs.

fancybum
senpai

sonicgreen wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:19 pm Dan also just liked this diet coke tweet? I love that he won’t #spon his own stuff but he’ll contribute to diet coke.
edit: maybe assuming it was an accidental like from a sponsored post?
Bryony was roasting it earlier, he probably liked it because it’s so stupid. But wow that woman is like a terrifying millennial Jim Jones, don’t listen to her no matter what she says, do not drink the Coke.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Aww, Phil's shirt has dinosaurs on, I didn't see them at first. He looks amazing.

That Coke ad is hilarious. Gotta love a good reason to buy something all rolled into a solid pun :roll:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

off-brand 75¢ 2L diet coke is better than real diet coke
we reject the wealthy lifestyle on this island
also about the phil with fans pic: apparently he was eating at a restaurant (with family i presume??)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

ratlad wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:57 pm off-brand 75¢ 2L diet coke is better than real diet coke
we reject the wealthy lifestyle on this island
also about the phil with fans pic: apparently he was eating at a restaurant (with family i presume??)
So he was at like a restaurant that happened to be in a hotel then? I was confused why he would be at a hotel and not staying with his fam.
And is this confirmation that Dan did not join him on the trip up north? Assuming the fans would have wanted a pic w both of them if they were both there.

Also diet coke is trash and i will judge dan if he's still isnt drinking it on the reg like he was during gamingmas. :yuck:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

Interesting that Phil isn't wearing glasses in the fan picture, as we've been seeing him only in glasses for like a week. I wonder if he got the okay to start wearing contacts again (maybe not all the time, but periodically)? I'm truly invested in the story of Phil's eye health after him tweeting and talking about the optometrist so much!
also I maybe just selfishly want him to wear glasses all the time because I love glasses!Phil :philtrash:
:lion: :prideflag:
autumnhearth
senpai

I thought he said he only had to wear glasses one day a week, or did I interpret that wrong? It bummed me out to hear that he doesn’t like the feel on glasses on his face. I think he needs something lightweight and more comfortable. My husband loves his latest pair of glasses.