Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

Ewok wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 pm
ratlad wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:32 pm i see that dan has liked a video on twitter today that phil liked yesterday. 8 years later and dan is still stalking phil on twitter. sad!
this reads like a donald trump tweet. i cackled.
I literally snorted lmao
oh dear top of the page
parallel
phabergé

ratlad wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:32 pm i see that dan has liked a video on twitter today that phil liked yesterday. 8 years later and dan is still stalking phil on twitter. sad!
... is it actually a remix of a trump tweet? i swear trump tweeted something that ended with "sad!"
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I'm cringing so hard. Wtf.

Can we please get a gaming vid to distract from this nonsense?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 pm I'm cringing so hard. Wtf.

Can we please get a gaming vid to distract from this nonsense?
Ugh this whole thing is reminding me of when skype was doing the same thing on twitter a few years ago. Even a non-robo tweet from deps would suffice as a distraction at this point lol
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Well we asked for a tweet…
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

sonicgreen wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:29 pm Well we asked for a tweet…
So Phil is still up north then? :lol:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

No liveshow today it seems.

And omg no @ Tesco, they tried this exact same shit in 2013 or something.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
scientia
phabergé

Catallena wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 pm No liveshow today it seems.

Also this:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

sonicgreen wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:29 pm Well we asked for a tweet…
I’d rather he didn’t tweet if he’s going to put tweets like that out. His subsequent replies are also a bit weird. I was hoping it’s just some random meme that I didn’t know about.

I remember the last time he tweeted strangely like this, he went awol a few days and then came back with the “everything I say is a joke, don’t take me seriously, my life is a joke”. I really do hope he’s okay.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

missemma wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 pmI remember the last time he tweeted strangely like this, he went awol a few days and then came back with the “everything I say is a joke, don’t take me seriously, my life is a joke”. I really do hope he’s okay.
I was filling someone in on that whole situation earlier today. It's definitely the same tone to the tweets. I hope Dan's got someone to hang out with - whether it's Phil or a different friend, I definitely believe him when he says he doesn't handle being alone very well.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

His tweet was a bit weird but could be 'just Dan' but then I read the replies and I was a bit unsettled by them tbh. I hope he's okay and that he's mostly just stressed about tour or something.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 pm
missemma wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 pmI remember the last time he tweeted strangely like this, he went awol a few days and then came back with the “everything I say is a joke, don’t take me seriously, my life is a joke”. I really do hope he’s okay.
I was filling someone in on that whole situation earlier today. It's definitely the same tone to the tweets. I hope Dan's got someone to hang out with - whether it's Phil or a different friend, I definitely believe him when he says he doesn't handle being alone very well.
I was about to say "eh guys idk might just be a lol joke it's just his humour" then I remembered I've been making the same kind of even-darker-humour jokes bc of my mental health and I got a therapy session tomorrow for this reason so :backawayslowly:

I don't know if Phil is already home or not, I hope Dan isn't alone but at the same time I'm not that sure he would feel that better. He seems to be having a really rought time and my heart aches for him, especially after last year he seemed to be doing so so well. :(
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

I KNOW I LAUGHED ABOUT THAT AFTER I WROTE IT LMAO
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

Catallena wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 pm No liveshow today it seems.

Yep, started in January 2013 and popped up every now and then in the following years. I used to think the old screen caps were funny, but seeing it now and then looking at how frequent it was in the past and that they even @ ed Dan and Phil (and PJ and Chris?,) in some of them... Nah, not so cool.

Oh dear. Euthanasia jokes always make me uncomfortable.

I was thinking more that it was Phil’s chance to get with Zayn, but sure.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

I don't expect a gaming vid, which is fine because I don't want to watch something when i know dan isn't feeling well...
also I'm very glad that dan is putting his mental health before liveshows. he is probably venting about his depression in a joking manor, which i can relate. but it hurts knowing he's going through this. i know he'll be fine though... i hope phil comes home tomorrow.
remember when dan described being in love as "the fear of them not being there with you mixed with sexual attraction". i just like thinking about that and it warms my heart knowing they've found love.........
:happytears: <3
(just some sappy gross married positivity for ur nerve)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 pmI was thinking more that it was Phil’s chance to get with Zayn, but sure.
That's his angle to get Phil home, I guess - tweet about how he's going after Zayn so Phil rushes back to vie for his rightful place at Zayn's side.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yeah, that tweet made me :shock: I don’t know if any nice things we might say to him helps.
000dia000
emo goose

The last couple of weeks have been really uncomfortable, I feel like we're kind of secondhand witnessing something we shouldn't, something too personal, idk. I'm not trying to insinuate anything but this doesn't seem to be a good time now. I do hope everything's okay.
:cactus:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

This may just be another branded Dan tweet but with everything going on last week and him admitting he's not in the best place, I'm not really that amused, I'm more worried.
If he is just joking, I wish he would just let the audience know. He did that in 2016 when his reaction to memes worried the audience and this situation was a lot more ... it would just be helpful.
000dia000 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 pm The last couple of weeks have been really uncomfortable, I feel like we're kind of secondhand witnessing something we shouldn't, something too personal, idk. I'm not trying to insinuate anything but this doesn't seem to be a good time now. I do hope everything's okay.
Now saying all of that - I don't really think he's joking.I feel the same way as dia- I was just saying I'm getting the same vibes as when I watch Chris Kendall's live shows and I don't really like it.
If Dan needs time away from the audience before tour then he should take it. I'd prefer that to getting tweets and replies that seem off. I also worry about Phil. He should take all of the time he needs to rest and refresh before tour so, while I want him to be there for Dan, he needs to take care too
Last edited by Amiaw on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

000dia000 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 pm The last couple of weeks have been really uncomfortable, I feel like we're kind of secondhand witnessing something we shouldn't, something too personal, idk. I'm not trying to insinuate anything but this doesn't seem to be a good time now. I do hope everything's okay.
The strange thing is that they'd never say "I/We need some days off, see y'all next week" cause that would be too personal by their standards. I agree with you; I want them both well but I'd also rather not be part of this (whatever this is) if it's something that's bad for them.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Idk if I can articulate this well but I'll try. I'm someone who puts a lot of myself on other people. We commonly throw around the word, "projecting" onto dnp here which I am guilty of. I remember last year Dodie Clark was going through some depressive episodes and she was sharing online and doing these long snapchat rants and no one really knew how to respond?? Now Dodie is extremely open about her vulnerabilities and her mental health, and I am in no way equating this to Dan- but I can't help but remember the conversations of "oversharing" and where you have to draw the line with being candid, and being too real?? (No clue if I'm making any sense). When Dan posts these worryingly dark things, all in a succession that TELLS us he's not at 100% right now, it worries me because there is nothing I can do to help? And is it really benefiting anyone to post these things publicly? I understand Dan is a grown ass man who can say what he wants, It's just really hard to "laugh with him" when he's like this. I really do wish they would take a step back or a break if that would benefit both Dan AND Phil's personal life.
tldr; I worry a lot about my boys and it breaks my heart to see dan share such dark things under the mask of "comedy"
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I fully agree, it really has been uncomfortable. I’ve tried to remove myself from the phandom a little recently, just taking a step back for everything to settle. Like you said, I hope everything is okay and Dan has support/friends around.

Edit- even his likes on twitter are a bit :shock:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
hello9217
flower crown

sonicgreen wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 pm Idk if I can articulate this well but I'll try. I'm someone who puts a lot of myself on other people. We commonly throw around the word, "projecting" onto dnp here which I am guilty of. I remember last year Dodie Clark was going through some depressive episodes and she was sharing online and doing these long snapchat rants and no one really knew how to respond?? Now Dodie is extremely open about her vulnerabilities and her mental health, and I am in no way equating this to Dan- but I can't help but remember the conversations of "oversharing" and where you have to draw the line with being candid, and being too real?? (No clue if I'm making any sense). When Dan posts these worryingly dark things, all in a succession that TELLS us he's not at 100% right now, it worries me because there is nothing I can do to help? And is it really benefiting anyone to post these things publicly? I understand Dan is a grown ass man who can say what he wants, It's just really hard to "laugh with him" when he's like this. I really do wish they would take a step back or a break if that would benefit both Dan AND Phil's personal life.
tldr; I worry a lot about my boys and it breaks my heart to see dan share such dark things under the mask of "comedy"
Yeah I agree with you there. I know Dan is one for the more "edgy dark" jokes but I think the difference is we know quite a bit now. We know that he has depression, he told us that he is going through a quarter-life crisis right now, he said Feb. hasn't been the best for him, he seemed so nervous in his last liveshow, and he theoretically is alone right now unless Phil got home today. So with knowing all of these things it's hard to go "Oh there goes Dan with the relatable jokes" because they just make me worried.
Although with your second part about him posting it publicly I'm not sure about. Dan said himself that he like the depression jokes/memes as a way to cope. He's always done this, made these jokes. He's a grown man and if this is what he wants to post and he feels it helps him in some way then he can do what he wants. But I hope things get better for him.
Last edited by hello9217 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i 100% agree. everything's been so weird lately and it's obvious it's had an impact on both of them, and i feel like i'm peeking through their windows right now. i hope dan's doing okay or at least is talking to someone about what's going on. my sympathy feels intrusive right now even though it's really the only thing i can offer.
Image Image
parallel
phabergé

Yeah Dan's admitted to being depressed lately, and these tweets do remind me of that time in 2017 when he tweeted depressing stuff then uploaded ISG9 and all that stuff went down. I hope he's okay and that Phil's at least keeping tabs on him via Skype (not that it's Phil's responsibility to make sure Dan doesn't do anything stupid). We all have bad days and if we were as exposed to the public as Dan and Phil, I'm sure the public would see our worse sides too. I wouldn't be particularly worried tbh. Dan's not the greatest at hiding his feelings/when he's not feeling great so I think we'd be able to tell if something was wrong enough that he'd do something bad.