Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ewok
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

when will the flower crown trend die the fiery death it deserves? ew. (he does look cute in them though.)

the hat was cute and wearable though. i hope they appreciate my 20$.

eta: top of the page? i’m so sorry.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm not completed enamored with it, but I see where he's coming from and what he's going for. I'm 50/50 on the eclipse stuff because, on one hand I get it, but on the other, I kinda just want that shirt to die with its era. Soooo... I'll probably buy the Don't Talk To Me sweater.

And the size inclusivity? V proud and v pleased. :happytears:

I'm also just living for his photoshoot and the earrings. Lookin' good bb.

Someone, quick, set fire to the whole stock of backpacks.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

I'm really happy for Dan releasing his own Black Edgy Merch™ especially because it seemed like it's something he really wanted to do and honestly seeing him come up with something that he's proud of makes me happy and motivated to achieve my own goals too and I love this side of Dan!
Now for the actual merch... lmao I don't want to be mean and honestly it could be worse but it's his "daniel howell" youtube font/logo all over again like I think I get where he comes from but the end result just looks so amateur and teenager-ish to me I'm actually laughing because it's exactly what I expected from seeing the website. Please take notes from Nathan :ribena:
(Tho I have to mention I've never liked any of their previous merch either and I don't buy a lot of merch in general. Also this is all just my personal taste and I'm not like judging anyone who likes the merch! )

In the end there will definitely be a lot of people who like it + Dan's proud of it + it makes me happy seeing Dan happy (esp. after the padt week) + it gave me a good laugh + we get Cornelia modelling so really it's a win win situation :thumb:
liola wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:19 pm God still love us
omg I'm so excited to see this too :love2: I actually like that we're getting separated merch (even if I don't buy any) because I feel like it gives us more of an hindsight into their personal tastes and choices !
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

@all the people asking for socks, I remember either Markiplier or PDP talking about their sock merch. Apparently socks are pretty expensive to make and the high prices would scare too many people off. My brain is v mushy r n but I have 25$ for a pair of (Mark/PDP) socks in my head.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the merch looks exactly what i expected to be. i made a mental prediction it would be b&w, edgy text, sad/smiley faces, pixel heart (like on the backpack) and a flower crown of some sort. yay for Phil merch!!!!!
Last edited by ratlad on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
DatCog
blobfish

Going against popular opinion here: I really like the bag! I could be slightly tempted by the eclipse sweatshirt but the rest isn't really my sort of thing. Loved the photos in the e-mail though :love1:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

That bag is so ugly oh my god. Somehow I think I hate it more than the blossom merch, the hair sweater and the pixel t-shirt combined lol. I'm considering getting the 'don't talk to me sweater' (even though everything I own is black sweaters and sweatshirts) but as pretty much everyone else is saying I'm really holding out for socks when Phil releases his store. I have to admit I was also surprised by the eclipse top. That was the last thing I expected to see on there, along with the flower crown.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

I actually love the bag :oops:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:36 pm @all the people asking for socks, I remember either Markiplier or PDP talking about their sock merch. Apparently socks are pretty expensive to make and the high prices would scare too many people off. My brain is v mushy r n but I have 25$ for a pair of (Mark/PDP) socks in my head.
Oh. Well if that is the case I guess I, sadly, won't be expecting any socks.
phillyforgot
butt chair

I think Dan's merch is pretty... minimalistic, but I'm sure it will sell well. I'm pretty alright with the 'don't talk to me', but I'm just not especially impressed by the rest :shrug:

The model pictures on the site are really pretty, though. The models (Cornelia and I think the other girl's name is Sarah) are really good-looking and look great in black. <3

I'm looking forward to getting Phil merch soon. I really wonder what he's planning. :tu:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I would have loved that when I was an angsty teen 10 years ago. :shrug:

idk, street style apparel doesn't fit my aesthetic anyway but I can appreciate it. This is just a bit too cringe for me, but I can see why people would love some of this stuff. Not the backpack though, it's ugly as sin and I lowkey judge everyone who buys it (jk). A fiery death to flower crowns as well.

At least the monochrome vaporwave hell I predicted was kept to a minimum.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
starwatersong
phabergé

I’m wondering if he had to get any permissions from Tomska for the “Don’t talk to me” stuff.

Loved the pics, though!

Either way, I wish it was a little more edgy, but I have to keep in mind that it’s merch. There will be lots of Dan fans happy to wear it.

I personally am a big fan of the calendars, advent calendars, and board game, so to each his/her/their own.
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

I'm quite happy about the new merch. I mean, I'm not gonna get anything, but 14-year-old me would buy the heck out of that store, and I think the shirts and the cap look nice. And imo the eclipse print also works - it's been so long since 2012 that it's like a retro thing now. A reference for long time phans.

I'm a bit weirded out by the style tho, because Dan talks about aesthetic so much and they seem to try to design their merch for the young and edgy tumblr people (and Dan is interested in fashion and trends). But their merch and things they call "aesthetic" and "pastel" look like someone joining tumblr in 2013-2015 and trying to run an aesthetic blog without really getting the idea for the first few weeks. They should visit tumblr.com sometime and check what actual teenagers reblog nowadays :D
somelikeitpink
living flop

So this was a .. surprise. Like the don't talk to me thing wasn't but the eclipse throwback definitely was. (although damn the pictures we got from this - the pictures from the dttm sweater are GORGEOUS)

I do have to say though: I didn't expect the shop to open today already, and this somehow .. calms me a little? Because it also explains some off that really "off" vibe I got from him the last few weeks. Because outside of the whole video and everything that happened there, he must have been so anxious about that shop launch and if not anxious then at least stressed probably organising the last bits. So knowing that there was a bit more of a reason behind the strong off vibes we got from him, makes me feel better.

(I am aware that sometimes theres no reason for depressed people to feel sad. but as an outstander who is helpless because theres nothing we can do for dan, this is very... relieving.)
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

I don't love the merch but hell I'd take this over the Japanese themed merch any day. Although the bag activates my fight or flight response, the dad hat is tempting me :hmmm:
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
so_cheesy
butt chair

Hmm I'd actually consider buying an eclipse sweatshirt. And the flower crown is cool.

That backpack though... WTF :D
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I did expect a bit more from Mr. Quality-Threshhold tbh and I feel mean for saying this. But an actual clothing line by Dan would make more sense. While I think some of his fashion choices are atrocious, he does seem to know a lot about it and it would be a great way to make stuff that wouldn't fit on Dan and Phil shop. I mean, I like that eclipse sweatshirt but it's such an obvious design choice that I was surprised he'd revive that again. And a flower crown and a backpack with some patches on it? The only difference to their joint merch is that it's black and it's not immediately obvious that it's Dan merch. I could've come up with that and I have no idea about anything fashion related. So I don't know how to feel about it.

But it seems like another business strategy since Phil is having his own merch too, rather than a Dan passion project as I expected it to be. I have no idea what to expect from Phil's merch though? Socks but since @LtrllySusan says it might be too expensive, I don't know anything else.

I hope I didn't repeat anything, I'm too tired to catch up right now, work killed me.
pulvis et umbra sumus
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

Yeah, well... that happened. I actually ugh'ed out loud as soon as i saw the merch.. but oh well :shrug: as we say here 'sobre gustos no hay nada escrito' (about tastes there's nothing written (?))

But i loved this response about the new model Sarah...

Aw Dan :love1:
fieldoflovers
living flop

The merch is so, and no offense dan, but its 2012. It all seems kinda dated with the flower crowns and eclipse shirt definately. Maybe my expectations were a little high cause I love dan’s style but yeah i’m gonna wait until he releases more stuff and then purchase it.

I actually think the bag is my favourite item in it cause patchwork is a cool addition to stuff but otherwise the store so far is pretty disappointing.

I’ll stick to finding clothes dan owns and buying them online if i can afford them (i’m coming for you ‘life’s a beach, then you die’ sweatshirt)

Also yay for phil’s merch!!!
starwatersong
phabergé

I laughed at loud at Dan’s reply to Caspar liking his merch. Anyone with better embedding skills than me able to add that Tweet?
iero
phabergé

interesting, he plans on selling homeware?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m surprised by how cute it all is, I wasn’t expecting an eclipse revival, flower crown or patchy backpack, but they’re all pretty him (well, younger him I would’ve thought, but the bulk of the audience is pretty young so maybe he’s pitching it right?) I’m undecided about buying something. The last thing I want to do it tell people not to talk to me I’m the rare occasions I go out and with how much I still hope a nice bloke might actually notice me (sadness), but I like the Star Trek text. Just the upside-down smiley would do for me, though merch that’s that simple tends to look kinda lazy, you could buy a cheaper shirt and stick a patch on it yourself.

Sarah and Cornelia look great and he looks stunning. He sounds lovely in his Twitter replies too. I was tempted to reply to his reply to Caspar that black bruises would look good on his arm too if he’s not careful, but it seemed too violent.
somelikeitpink
living flop

iero wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:09 pm interesting, he plans on selling homeware?
PLEASE BRING OUT CANDLES. Its long overdue
DatCog
blobfish

Oh I'm much more keen now that there might be homewares! As a candle collector, I'd buy a dan candle for sure...hope he adds one to his store :please:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Okay, this is a bit random, but I noticed that the customer service email address mentioned on the Terms & Conditions page is that of the Crabstickz Shop. Looks like Dan was in a hurry putting together the page. :lol: I did tweet him about it, but it's unlikely he'll see it. Let's hope he'll notice the mistake soon.