danandphilshop merchandise questions and discussion

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:20 pm Damn, that’s crap, missemma. I guess the glitter makes it stiffer? I have the dark galaxy one and used it daily for a few months, just going to work, but it wasn’t often very full. I took it away with me too so it got stuffed full then and it’s still mostly fine, but I can see where it’s starting to wear, it’s a slightly thinner material compared to other backpacks I’ve had, though I think an Eastpak one is similar and has a hole in, but others have been thicker and stronger.
Maybe I've just been unlucky with the two I had as I know a few people who have the bag and they haven't had an issue.
I'm going to post a photo of my strap that had the issue, it looks like it's been cut with scissors....
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yeah, it does. They might like to hear about it even if they won’t do anything for you.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:50 pm How long does it take from ordering to receiving a tracking number? In the USA. I bought from the US shop and it's been radio silence since.
I just got an email with a tracking!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Meant to drop this in here way earlier, but...

If you're looking for a cute and comfy new pair of slippers, Dil's bunny slippers are not for you.

This shit is cute and well-made from a design perspective, but holy shit are they worthless as actual slippers. All it is is just like... a slab of foam slipped into the fabric and not much else. They're excellent decor, but I wouldn't recommend buying them if y'all are looking for actual slippers to wear.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

rizzo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:24 pm Meant to drop this in here way earlier, but...

If you're looking for a cute and comfy new pair of slippers, Dil's bunny slippers are not for you.

This shit is cute and well-made from a design perspective, but holy shit are they worthless as actual slippers. All it is is just like... a slab of foam slipped into the fabric and not much else. They're excellent decor, but I wouldn't recommend buying them if y'all are looking for actual slippers to wear.
I second this for sure. Someone gave it to me as a Christmas gift and they aren't great. Super cute, though? Not exactly what I would buy myself considering the price is $25 usd (yikes). I've already worn mine down where the foam is completely squished flat…
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I can’t remember when (or where, it may not have even been on idb) but someone said that they wished the Dan and Phil shop would have more transparency regarding the ethics of their clothing, and if they would maybe even have an ethical option if their items aren’t already ethically sourced. I got Lucy Moon’s newsletter in my inbox today about the launch of her pop-up shop with IRL, and she went into detail about the clothing being ethical, and how important that is to her. The prices aren’t very far off from the items in the Dan and Phil shop (a £2 difference for the t-shirt and a £5 difference for the sweatshirt), or their other affiliates (in fact, the prices are the same as the clothing in the Daniel Howell shop), and as someone who tries to buy ethically when I can, the prices are actually quite decent for what the items are.

This is probably irrelevant (I’m not sure how well this fits into this thread either lol), but I thought it was interesting.
sparkle
blobfish

Question: so I bought the Dont Talk To Me long sleeve because I've wanted something like that for a while. I bought mine when it was saying that it'd ship March 23rd, checked the website a few days later and it was saying it'd ship April 3rd (today!) but I haven't had an email/text to tell me its been sent. Just checked the website and it now says shipping on April 17th (in two weeks).

I dont mind waiting for merch, and I wouldnt be too bothered because I knew from the start it was essentially a pre-order. But I went to go see Fall Out Boy on Thursday (for the 5th time, I'm going to both Reading and Leeds fest this year to see them too....) and when I was leaving Manchester Arena the person who was directly in front of me was wearing the exact long sleeve that I've ordered. Suggesting that the first few orders have been sent out, and that it wouldnt be too wild to think I could have it by now? Idk whether to email them or not and see where it is, because I didnt get given a specific date of when to expect it? I've never had a problem ordering from them before so I'm not about to complain, and I knew there was going to be a wait, I just wonder where it is because it'd actually really like to wear it?
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Maybe the wrong path read to ask, but tour merch last time. Was cost the same as the online shop for stuff? DId they do card or was it cash only?
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

sparkle wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:45 pm Question: so I bought the Dont Talk To Me long sleeve because I've wanted something like that for a while. I bought mine when it was saying that it'd ship March 23rd, checked the website a few days later and it was saying it'd ship April 3rd (today!) but I haven't had an email/text to tell me its been sent. Just checked the website and it now says shipping on April 17th (in two weeks).

I dont mind waiting for merch, and I wouldnt be too bothered because I knew from the start it was essentially a pre-order. But I went to go see Fall Out Boy on Thursday (for the 5th time, I'm going to both Reading and Leeds fest this year to see them too....) and when I was leaving Manchester Arena the person who was directly in front of me was wearing the exact long sleeve that I've ordered. Suggesting that the first few orders have been sent out, and that it wouldnt be too wild to think I could have it by now? Idk whether to email them or not and see where it is, because I didnt get given a specific date of when to expect it? I've never had a problem ordering from them before so I'm not about to complain, and I knew there was going to be a wait, I just wonder where it is because it'd actually really like to wear it?
i'm in the same situation!! on twitter you can see that a lot of people from all over the world including the UK have received their merch, including the dttm shirt. i'm going to email them today to ask what the heck is up with it since i ordered the first day merch was released and put a shipping address in central london. also, now the dttm shirt has a ship date of april 20th which is both ironic and frustrating.
Image Image
sparkle
blobfish

allsaintshowell wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:44 pm
i'm in the same situation!! on twitter you can see that a lot of people from all over the world including the UK have received their merch, including the dttm shirt. i'm going to email them today to ask what the heck is up with it since i ordered the first day merch was released and put a shipping address in central london. also, now the dttm shirt has a ship date of april 20th which is both ironic and frustrating.
I did end up emailing them! Basically apparently they ran out of stock and won't get any new in until next Monday. They were nice about it, but it's frustrating.

I wonder if it has anything to do with size? This is the first problem I've ever had with IRL though, so I'm not super pissed, more annoyed because I KNOW that people in Manchester have it already.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:56 pm I can’t remember when (or where, it may not have even been on idb) but someone said that they wished the Dan and Phil shop would have more transparency regarding the ethics of their clothing, and if they would maybe even have an ethical option if their items aren’t already ethically sourced. I got Lucy Moon’s newsletter in my inbox today about the launch of her pop-up shop with IRL, and she went into detail about the clothing being ethical, and how important that is to her. The prices aren’t very far off from the items in the Dan and Phil shop (a £2 difference for the t-shirt and a £5 difference for the sweatshirt), or their other affiliates (in fact, the prices are the same as the clothing in the Daniel Howell shop), and as someone who tries to buy ethically when I can, the prices are actually quite decent for what the items are.

This is probably irrelevant (I’m not sure how well this fits into this thread either lol), but I thought it was interesting.
that is interesting, thanks for sharing. i wasn't aware. and now i'm curious, too...

re: lack of communication with customers on order delays - it's very likely due to sizes going out of stock super quick, sometimes the nature of the beast with small enterprises and printing limited runs so as not to waste money on stock that doesn't sell. however their communication has been poor in this regard for years. there should at least be an auto-email generated informing of updates and giving an apology instead of just leaving customers to check their order statuses themselves, especially if that date continually gets pushed further and further into the future with no word. it's customer service 101. (and would actually save them time and effort instead of responding to confused individuals)
art in avatar by lily