Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

ahriem
dank meme
Pronouns: she/her

jimmy linked something vick hope wrote about discrimination in the radio and knowing nothing about how radio works i found it interesting.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

New Jimmy video!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I feel personally catered to with that kind of content I can actually nod and agree along with.

Really interested about his rebranding. I can't think of anything immediately wrong with his content now, or even that immature about it, but I'm still fascinated to see where he's gonna take it.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Why is Jimmy so relatable? And hilarious. Seriously people, if you're not watching him, you need to get on that
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Aw, Jimmy, I love that he talks about, um....* tear myself away from his baby blue eyes :loveeyes: *....how adulthood seems to supposedly be all about using your time to make money. I don't think a lot of people actually state it that baldly. Looking forward to even more adult content from him!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Honestly that video was so relatable I feel attacked. Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places, but I don't think I've ever seen such a blunt video about being a working adult and a creative, and the common struggles surrounding that. It was really refreshing. (but again I felt really called out because I remembered half-way through the video that I should probably do my taxes and catch up on uni work soon instead of all the other stuff I do on the side lol)

I'm really excited to see what he does with his channel, but considering the fact that I genuinely enjoyed watching him load a dishwasher and review a mop, I think I'm down for anything.
ahriem
dank meme

if the rebrand ends up meaning he does more videos about things he's actually interested in, like the history tour, rather than focusing on being entertaining i'll be very happy but since pretty much everything he does seems to be enjoyable because *he* is so likable i'm sure it'll be good either way.

i saw a comment earlier where someone said he reminds them of old school youtube. since i basically ignored the existence youtubers until last year i missed all of that when it was new but he definitely reminds me of what bloggers were like before blogging was really a thing and most people still called them online journals or weblogs - being creative or sharing things as an end rather than a means to build a platform or a career or whatever.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I don't know how to put instagram stories on here, but Jimmy's currently in LA and he is fully living out his inner child at theme parts. It's beautiful.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:18 pm I don't know how to put instagram stories on here, but Jimmy's currently in LA and he is fully living out his inner child at theme parts. It's beautiful.
For, uh, archival purposes, I've been screen-grabbing most of them, and I can upload them on my lunch break for anyone interested!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I didn't get all of them, nor was I able to get the videos unfortunately, but under the cut is some really delightful Jimmy content.

I wish I could have gotten the videos because he's as hilarious and wonderful as ever in them, but the pictures aren't too shabby I suppose. do i post too much in this thread? yes, most definitely lol
sonicgreen
woodland creature

…I'm adding one more for good luck. Is that a good enough excuse?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm seriously living for Jimmy's instagram. He's such a gem, and I wish I could post the "rant" he did on his story earlier because it was really funny.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

^ oo what did he rant about?
art in avatar by lily
ahriem
dank meme

assuming it's the one about malibu beach and the weather
so... i'm in malibu, on the beach, don't know why everyone goes on about it, actually a bit of a dump. (pans camera around the clean, mostly empty beach to show the waves) look at that, ugh, horrible, can't stand it here, can't wait to get back to london, hope it's rain [cuts off]
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:babuse: :elephant: :babuse: :elephant: :babuse: :elephant:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I really can't wait for more Jimmy content, and their podcast is definitely a topic I'm interested in.

Also just dropping this screenshot of one of Jimmy's last instagram stories from when he was in the States that I found funny and forgot to post earlier
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

yay! they're posting so many little videos and audio things on the patreon already (i pledged a dollar, we'll see how that goes. i'm going into some extreme budgeting in the next few months). i haven't had a chance to watch any of them nor the first episode, but i'm excited, lol.

and the second episode is coming!
art in avatar by lily
kavat
pastel persona

Jimmy can talk to me about his plants all damn day. What a lovely video. :cactus:
phillyannie
not a first-time poster

kavat wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:06 pm Jimmy can talk to me about his plants all damn day. What a lovely video. :cactus:
He can talk to me about ANYTHING all damn day. I love him :love2: he makes it sound so natural to talk to the camera.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Just dropping this here because it made me stupid laugh too hard for my own good first thing in the morning. Just another reason why I love Jimmy a lot.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

omg moody it's like you summoned a jimmy video by posting about him

obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I...that is pure witchcraft. I'm very happy to see a new video from him, and it was really interesting to see him open up like that. I just really enjoyed the way he went about this video. It was something very personal and raw, and I liked how he addressed what he learned from the situation, despite it being really quite awful.

Something that I've always loved about his content, especially in the last year or so, is that he gets to the point and talks to his audience like adults, which I value a lot, and I found that that shone through really broadly in this video. I'm actually really excited to see where having an editor will bring his channel, but more so because it means more Jimmy content (!!).
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

hellooo!
i don’t know if it’s the right place to ask that: i’m always confused about jimmy hill and his relationship with phil! all i know is that, they both went to york and they were friends? and what else? is that the only thing to know?
because i’ve read several fanfics with jimmy in it and therefore tried to make some research but never found anything concrete and i just gave up! but since it’s finished and i’m finally in holidays i’m finally gonna read amaaf!! so i just wanted to know what i... need to know before i start reading haha
also i guess watching some of jimmy’s vids would be good?
:gayaf:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:40 pm hellooo!
i don’t know if it’s the right place to ask that: i’m always confused about jimmy hill and his relationship with phil! all i know is that, they both went to york and they were friends? and what else? is that the only thing to know?
because i’ve read several fanfics with jimmy in it and therefore tried to make some research but never found anything concrete and i just gave up! but since it’s finished and i’m finally in holidays i’m finally gonna read amaaf!! so i just wanted to know what i... need to know before i start reading haha
also i guess watching some of jimmy’s vids would be good?
Hi! There honestly isn't much to know past that. I'd say they were probably more online friends than anything else (doing stuff like commenting on each other's videos and being mutuals on twitter who would occasionally talk). Presently, I'd say they're just friendly with each other since they (and Dan) follow each other on twitter and instagram (though Jimmy is not subtle when expressing how much he misses--mainly--Phil on twitter). You can check out the phimmy timeline here if you want a record of some of their interactions up until February 2016.

As for videos, under the cut I've linked some good starter videos to get into Jimmy's content. I hope you enjoy! (And I also hope you enjoy amaaf when you read it. That fic is everything.)

This last link is a playlist of all of his House Files videos, where he remodels the flat he bought a few years ago. You can watch it here.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Jimmy is smart and quirky and queer and attractive in real life (his public persona, ofc), which makes him a good model for fic, I think. He's an old-school YouTuber and does TV presenting and lives in London (with his boyfriend) so in a lot of ways he does seem to be of a type with Phil (and Dan).

Jimmy doesn't post often these days, but he's made about 300 videos over the years, so he's definitely a good go-to when others are not posting. :sideeye: It's disappointing that he's never gone much above 100k subscribers, but his fans seem loyal.

I'll add one of my faves of his videos to the starter kit--I like the practical advice, the enthusiasm about school and research, and the insight into Jimmy's interests:

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."