Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:17 pm
ratlad wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:23 pm DnP watched the newst Riverdale episode today, they liked the same tweet lol.

also, they're liking the same tweets a lot lately, like the one of PJ talking about how long Luigi's flaccid penis is??
I'm interested in that conversation.
i... fucking love this...
is this the new #dickscourse ???

edit: i know people usually apologize for being top of the page, but i think this is the one thing that deserves an apology. and you won't get one from me.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Phil's always got his mind on the booty lol
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Am I the only one squinting trying to figure out what some of the other drawings were?
autumnhearth
senpai

You’re not the only one, but I’ve got nothing. Some look kinda geometric :shrug:
annoying dog
crusty sponge

If you hold it sideways, it kinda looks like somebody wearing a hat holding a knife to another person
autumnhearth
senpai

Ooo yeah totally, I see a hard hat and a construction site. Danger Men At Work turned dangerous.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Last night @mermaid blood sent me a clip from a June 2014 radio show (around Dan's birthday) in which Dan talks about audience participation and he tells a story about his dad and the Blue Man Group. It got both of us wondering when exactly the last time Dan mentioned his dad was. Does anyone remember mentions past mid-2014?

Here's the clip, for anyone that wants to be nostalgic with us:

phillyforgot
butt chair

I really think it's interesting that Dan and Phil themselves dislike audience participation, but try and engage their audience in their stage show. It just confuses me. :shrug:
fancybum
senpai

phillyforgot wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:12 pm I really think it's interesting that Dan and Phil themselves dislike audience participation, but try and engage their audience in their stage show. It just confuses me. :shrug:
Surprise participation thrust upon you vs. optional participation for those interested with notice beforehand. What’s confusing about them choosing the latter?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:22 pm
phillyforgot wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:12 pm I really think it's interesting that Dan and Phil themselves dislike audience participation, but try and engage their audience in their stage show. It just confuses me. :shrug:
Surprise participation thrust upon you vs. optional participation for those interested with notice beforehand. What’s confusing about them choosing the latter?
Yeah, it's definitely the surprise aspect of it that they don't like. It takes a special kind of extrovert to be totally into randomly being brought in front of a large group of people with no forehand knowledge of what's expect of them. The type of participation Dan and Phil (with TATINOF, presumably for II too) go for involves people who volunteer something and it's recorded prior to the show so that it's "impulsive" and still counts as interaction but there's no potential for surprise at any step.
Sunshine
phillion/danosaur <//3

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:02 pm Last night @mermaid blood sent me a clip from a June 2014 radio show (around Dan's birthday) in which Dan talks about audience participation and he tells a story about his dad and the Blue Man Group. It got both of us wondering when exactly the last time Dan mentioned his dad was. Does anyone remember mentions past mid-2014?

Also in the clip Dan is listing presents, with the intention of segue way-ing into chat about the circus but says “we got tickets” implying his present was a joint one for both of them.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I know it's only been 4 days (5?) since the last vid, but since there isn't much going on, I'd like to go on a little re-watch run. And since everyone always asks for either the recent or the overall favourite vids, I wanna try something else and ask for your favourite 2009/10/11/etc. (or starting 2006, if you're oldschool) videos.
(For an easy overview of which videos are from what year you can use the DD, if you know how to access it)

Also wow I am a stress mushroom now, and only mindly uncomfortable
ratlad
angel bean

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:05 pm I know it's only been 4 days (5?) since the last vid, but since there isn't much going on, I'd like to go on a little re-watch run. And since everyone always asks for either the recent or the overall favourite vids, I wanna try something else and ask for your favourite 2009/10/11/etc. (or starting 2006, if you're oldschool) videos.
(For an easy overview of which videos are from what year you can use the DD, if you know how to access it)

i feel like pinof 2 is underrated, maybe a bit "cringe" since it's old, but still cute.
also I cannot remember which video it is where Dan is talking about how it's "big news" in his life that Phil bought a flat in Manchester and then said "I can't wait to dump all of my shit in there and eat all of his food" (someone pls help me out)
i like a lot of old-school Phil vids, like the weird creepy kinda artsy ones.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:05 pm I know it's only been 4 days (5?) since the last vid, but since there isn't much going on, I'd like to go on a little re-watch run. And since everyone always asks for either the recent or the overall favourite vids, I wanna try something else and ask for your favourite 2009/10/11/etc. (or starting 2006, if you're oldschool) videos.

This is actually one of my favorites - it's kind of a six in one because there are six different video options to click. In case you don't want to go through the interactive video format, here are four of them embedded under the cut:

(and one shows up unavailable)
And the sixth one is my favorite one so posting that one by itself:

honeybee
squish

I don't know why but I always like rewatching:

I think it's bc I find it funny to think of Dan in an office setting? Idk. His commentary just gets me :lol:
autumnhearth
senpai

ratlad wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:45 pm

i feel like pinof 2 is underrated, maybe a bit "cringe" since it's old, but still cute.
also I cannot remember which video it is where Dan is talking about how it's "big news" in his life that Phil bought a flat in Manchester and then said "I can't wait to dump all of my shit in there and eat all of his food" (someone pls help me out)
i like a lot of old-school Phil vids, like the weird creepy kinda artsy ones.
Ratlad, you’re thinking of Pelvic Thrusts a since privated vlog.
I love that part. It’s at 3 mins

I’ll offer up Epic Prank Off, which is unlisted because of the contest ending, but from the same time period as the Japanese Candy Time.

maelstrom
tol bean

honeybee wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:07 pm

I think it's bc I find it funny to think of Dan in an office setting? Idk. His commentary just gets me :lol:
yesssss i love fetus dan what a cutie (also that footage of phil?? where in the world did he shoot that?? and why??)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm a sucker for old school Phil and these are a few of my favourites:

annabanana
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:02 pm Last night @mermaid blood sent me a clip from a June 2014 radio show (around Dan's birthday) in which Dan talks about audience participation and he tells a story about his dad and the Blue Man Group. It got both of us wondering when exactly the last time Dan mentioned his dad was. Does anyone remember mentions past mid-2014?

In my procrastination rewatch of some dnp vids I found this mention (@ 5:27) from Jan 2015. Dan talking about when his dad almost walks in on him filming the yogurt scene from an early vid.

Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

honeybee wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Yeess I love that one. To this day, in actual business environments my mind just goes 'serious business' in dan's voice, sometimes even with the added background music. I also still wonder how he survived drinking those quadruple espresso's. 'May cause heart palpitations' please I'd straight up die if I drank one of those.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

... maybe it was Sam the Surfer and Phil will never know.
ratlad
angel bean

@autumnhearth thank u!!
and
yes oh my god the japanese candy vids!!!!!! those are so warm i love it all
especially the popin cookin one aaaaaaahhhhh
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I love this question, because I was literally just talking to someone about this video yesterday and how it's still such a favorite of mine. (Please see: my rank.)

Deserves a rewatch for Dan's quality impressions if you haven't in a while. (And it juuuust makes that cut for 2011.) I love his no-holds-barred reenactments and also it just really brings me back to the time I first discovered him. Such quality.

For Phil, it's gotta be every video in the chronicles of Simon the Shrimp.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I love fetus Phil, this video is always a classic, and i still want to know WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

And this is one of my favorite (and imo extremely underrated) oldschool Dan videos

Its always crazy too me when i watch old Dan videos how much he's changed since then. Like of course looks wise, but what always gets me is his speaking voice. It's just SO different to me, he almost sounds like a completely different person.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Phil's tweet gave me such a laugh. For some reason I imagine the guy was a really enthusiastic Scottish bloke, I don't know why. I wonder how they got on, if Phil didn't just cancel it.

I love Dan's prank video, he was so naughty, and so cute in that bright jumper.

I haven't watched older videos in a while, but when I did my favourites were

(for which I just searched "Dan too hot")

and ("Phil mall")

Gotta love their popularity that even with those search terms, they both come right up at the top of the list.

I love the bit in Phil's in the thumbnail and Dan was pretty funny, at least I think it was more than just the nudiness, but he does look good (I also loved that patchwork tshirt everyone hated).

Just remembered I used to watch this one a lot too

In the wig, he reminds of an old friend of mine, and the door-slamming bit is brilliant.