Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Timestamps!

:36 - Doing liveshows again feels like going back to school.
:55 - New hair talk. He says he's trying it out - has a new hairdresser (rip Fabrice) and he's gone with a slightly shorter version of his normal haircut, so worst case scenario he can put his fringe down again. His fringe is just defying gravity (and yes, Phil sings defying gravity.)
1:43 - Asks if he likes it, lies and says he doesn't care what his hair looks like. Then immediately says it's a nice change.
2:12 - He's not vain but he's stopping to look at himself in car windows now.
2:30 - He's experimenting with hair products. Before he showered, straightened, put a bit of hair spray on to get rid of splinges. Now he uses sea salt spray, matte spray, wax (super manly wax extreme) and he's trying to learn. Shows off matte hed gas. (I really want to see what their bathroom looks like right now.)
3:15 - There might be a few quifftastrophies.
3:28 - His forehead is cold.
3:45 - Someone says they miss the fringe, Phil says: "It's still here, it's just in a different position." I love how his mind works.
4:00 - Phil volunteers that his instagram was taken by "photographer extrordinaire" Dan Howell. Phil's inability to take a picture has to do with him not knowing what to do with his face. What he thinks is a smile is not a good smile.
4:32 - Forehead wrinkle discussion. "I'm a boy on edge."
4:52 - He says he's not ignoring compliments, he just doesn't know what to say.
5:03 - He's just come in so he's keeping his jacket on.
5:15 - The fringe might not be gone forever, it's just taking a vertical break.
5:38 - He checks to see how many photos they took - there's "like twenty" and he shows two outtakes.
6:42 - His hair is "very fine and fully straight" - not like Dan who has thick, curly hair.
6:57 - He has the controversial opinion that pretzel flipz are god teir snacks. Goes on about that for like two minutes. Is adorable.
7:54 - Went and got a flu jab with Dan, before tour. It's a potential risk if he's seeing loads of people very day and being exposed to the elemnents.
8:37 - Phil overdramatizes things in his head.
8:58 - Phil does an impression of Dan that is pretty spot on. I can totally hear the inflection Dan would have used.
9:35 - He says he wasn't flexing for the doctor, but his arm was tense so the shot went into his muscle and hurt a lot.
10:12 - When it hurt, his first thought was "Dan is a betrayer. He has lied to me." second thought was "I hate the doctor."
10:24 - He was a big baby about it, then tries to reassure people it was fine.
10:36 - The doctor didn't even put the plaster on the spot where the jab was. "Great job, doctor."
11:06 - He really likes his jacket. "Envelope me, softness."
11:18 - Martyn story! Talks about Martyn fainting during injections for a medical trial he volunteered for.
12:48 - Their mum was mad that Martyn submitted himself for the medical trial.
12:57 - "Always one for a little scheme, my brother."
13:31 - Phil eats a pretzel, then talks with his mouth full.
14:03 - Pastel plushie #spon.
14:58 - Dan merch #spon. "It's like Dan has blended himself into a paste and reformed it into merch." Phil will be wearing it in the next gaming video, he thinks it suits him.
15:39 - Phil is working on a merch shop, he's in the discussion phase of what the products will be.
16:13 - He's been playing a lot of Fortnite. He's so bad. (I thought he was exaggerating until he said he's gotten to the final six a few times. Phil how bad are you at this game, I've got four total kills and I still regularly get to final two or three.)
16:40 - Phil thinks it's frustrating when you don't get a reward for something you're trying really hard at.
16:47 - They have a test for how stressed Phil is (playing Fortnite) - if he can say 'yee' in a high pitched voice he's fine, if he says it in a deep/gravelly voice then he needs to stop and play something else.
17:04 - He killed someone with traps, and I'm jealous because I've tried that so many times and no one bites.
17:47 - Mentions the instagram video, talks about his explore page being very strange now.
18:41 - He had a dream that he was hanging out with Harry Styles in Singapore. They were on the same tour, Harry was late for his flight and Phil helped him get to his gate and Harry thanked him.
20:08 - He saw Annihilation on Netflix. He loves original scifi and that all the cast was female. "Super trippy" and he wants to watch it again because the last few minutes were "like having your face ripped off."
21:06 - It's only on Netflix in the UK because the studio thought it was "too smart" (Phil air quotes fail) for worldwide audiences.
21:40 - They're getting close with tour planning. It's getting real now, they start touring the UK in forty days. They know what most of the show is.
22:14 - They're excited to share with us when they start doing things. They're going to do Instagram stories to document stuff during rehearsal and on tour.
22:41 - He didn't like ig stories when it first came out, but he's consuming a lot now.
22:53 - They'll do ig stories while they're out and about and not doing something that is "sitting on a sofa and writing and filming."
23:07 - Last time they were filming the documentary, but this time they want people "as involved as possible" without spoiling it.
23:50 - TBC dates. They've had some issues with some of the venues, but Singapore, Hong Kong, and Mumbai will be out next week. Singapore will be Sept 15, Hong Kong will be Sept 18, Mumbai will be Sept 21.
24:45 - Loads of problems with Montreal venue.
25:05 - Someone is writing about Phil in their dissertation. He speculations on what it could be about ("Youtube, perhaps?").
25:31 - Someone says Fab 5 will be proud of his transformation, he starts talking about how much he loves Queer Eye. "If you want some wholesome Netflix action that'll probably make my cry, watch Queer Eye." He cried at four out of five (eight) of the episodes.
26:07 - The one that does the house is his favorite, because he loves home reno shows and it's a lot of work.
26:44 - Someone comments on how long it's been since his last liveshow by saying 'it's been 84 years...' - he halfway laughs and says, "Maybe." then moves on.
26:53 - He hasn't injured himself yet, but tells a story about how he would cut his hand open during a quarter of the TATINOF shows because the canes were spring loaded and he wouldn't let go in time. It was a "category 2 Phil disaster."
28:14 - He wouldn't get a succulent because Dan has loads and takes ownership of them. He's their fun uncle that doesn't have to water them.
29:03 - Someone asks what he's done today, he says his arm has hurt. "It's been lots of tour planning. It's been a very email-y day, but a very productive day." Also lots of messing with his hair with various products.
29:37 - He thinks Love, Simon is a good plane movie. He likes romantic comedies on planes, so he doesn't cry.
29:57 - He movied himself out during the Oscar season, he's been to the cinema so much this year.
30:20 - He hates bittersweet stuff, he just wants happiness.
30:29 - Glasses update; he has new contacts but they're not perfect. His eyes are still pretty dry. Before he got put contacts in at 10 am when he woke up and be fine til 2 am, now by 8 or 9 pm he needs to lubricate his eyes. It's also a symptom of staring at the screen, eyes match the refresh rate of the screen.
31:11 - He wears his glasses two or three times a week, there might be some tour dates where he's in glasses because his eyes need to rest sometimes.
33:09 - Dab and Evan update.
33:32 - He says devan is "up to the gods of the Sims, but also up to me who is probably the god of the sims as well."
33:45 - Tiny #spon for a couple videos that got missed because they didn't go into subscription videos.
34:01 - "Two bros..." "Thank you Anthony for blessing us with that vine."
34:10 - Someone asks what they should do for their birthday, he advises treating themselves to a giant cake or doing it Phil way by having a birthday month.
34:53 - Someone else mentions a birthday, he talks about how it'll be Dan's birthday on tour and they'll be in Poland.
35:50 - Infinity War talk.
36:34 - Phil wants to be smacked in the face by Thor.
37:30 - Explanation that they call them 'jabs' not 'shots' in England. He thinks 'shot' sounds violent.
38:23 - He sees someone named Dan in chat and immediately asks if it's Daniel Howell.
38:38 - Phil has a scar on his tongue because he bit through his tongue.
AltMay wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 pm Hello there! New user old lurker here, as it's meant to be :)
Just chiming in to point out (aside of all the fwiff discourse which is on point) how his voice dropped and went all soft while impersonating Dan comforting him. We know they obviously use a different tone of voice to talk out of camera, but something about how aware of it he is or idk maybe I'm reading too much into it but it felt really personal and i loved it.
Also, gotta agree with everyone on the fact he's showing so much confidence and I'm absolutely living for it. It was about damn time!!!
This is such a good point, about the tones - I noticed the difference voice and noted it in my timestamps but I hadn't thought about it quite like that, he was definitely using the voice that Dan uses during the less camera-aware moments we see - like when he's checking on Phil or in casual video snippets.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

I really wish they'd consistently put liveshows on YouTube, sometimes YouNow just doesn't work great on mobile but I still wanna watch live? (thanks to alittledizzy for posting a link tho! and for the great timestamps! :love2: )

Phil's quiff is still the highlight of my life, part of me can't actually believe it's finally happened... all he needs is to adopt glasses full-time and I'll be officially deceased (and it's looking like that's gonna happen eventually so.... :stan: )

Now that DnP are planning on using Instagram stories, I might just have to cave and get an insta to see them (unless there's another way? like is it possible to upload their insta stories onto here so a poor Luddite like myself can forgo getting an account?)

...also, random little insertion here, but ahh I didn't know Anthony made the "two bros" vine! I can't believe I didn't recognize his voice- just another reason to thank him I suppose :D

Final thought- I would love an April Fools or Easter vid, preferably combined in someway... (tho I think the real prank would be if they baked something 100% correctly with no missteps along the way :lol: )
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
blackdenim
procrastinator

Imagine if Phil getting rid of his fringe is their April Fool's prank and next Sunday it just reappears again :o :lol:

(Sorry that I come on here extremely irregularly and just shitpost)

ETA: Although to be fair my shitposting is how we ended up with the two-flats theory so I stand by it.
AltMay
glabella

blackdenim wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:22 pm Imagine if Phil getting rid of his fringe is their April Fool's prank and next Sunday it just reappears again :o :lol:
OMG Why would you say sth like that?! HAHAHAHAHA oh god please no!

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
swofro
angel bean

I'm just dropping by to say that Phil has bless me with his forehead that now I despise my dan and phil 2016 calendar that I still hang in my room that features dan and phil with fringe. grrrr. I wish they leak all the pictures from their mini photoshoot in their backyard. Anyway, liveshow was great, I miss him so much and I can't wait for his shop to launch.

I love phil. :love2:
Love is forever
hello9217
flower crown

I know it's been discussed on here before and I saw this on twitter and in this video it shows why we may not get notification for a video.
dancy
procrastinator

hello9217 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:43 pm I know it's been discussed on here before and I saw this on twitter and in this video it shows why we may not get notification for a video.
What do they mean by "notify" in this case? I don't need to receive a notification every time a channel I'm subscribed to uploads a video but I do want to see all those videos in my subscription feed, especially from the channels I regularly watch. Is that too much to ask for? I'm subscribed to those channels for a reason! I don't see how hiding videos benefits anyone (subscribers, channels, Youtube itself). And even some people who have clicked the bell still don't get notifications every time. Youtubers and viewers have been complaining about all sorts of issues for ages and it seems like Youtube doesn't want to anything about it. God, can they just admit to themselves that the website isn't working properly and fix it.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Not surprised by this at this point tbh
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

us : happy, relaxed and delighted by phil's liveshow
dan :
obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:08 pm
(jk tho i love that chatting about his fursona is how dan reconnects with his audience)
Last edited by AroboticPhil on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:08 pm
I feel like the "lol I am such a furry" joke got a bit old? Is it his new "I want death" thing?
autumnhearth
senpai

The replies are hilarious (and numerous). I figured he had this personal conflict with bears.
000dia000
emo goose

Does anybody else remember when his furry mentions were "just a joke" and "shouldn't be taken seriously"?? I remember arguing with people over this, and I'm still fucking bitter over something so trivial. I'm not a furry, I don't care, but look at Dan living his best life out there. What a dude.
:cactus:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Funny tweets, makes me wonder if he's attracted to nerdy bears? It's a sad day for burly construction workers

@000dia000 I don't feel like anything has changed? I still read all of his furry references as just cheeky jokes, a running meme that has become part of his branding much like placentas or llamas or whatever were.
I think the furry subculture fascinates him. He might be drawn to certain elements of the culture. Or maybe he sympathizes with the mockery and scorn the subculture receives (he did get rocks thrown at him for looking like an emo)
But I don't really think he identifies as a furry.
Last edited by Stakhanov on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

at first i thought the tweet was a forfeit for a dan vs phil
like i thought phil must've tweeted it lol
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

000dia000 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 pm Does anybody else remember when his furry mentions were "just a joke" and "shouldn't be taken seriously"?? I remember arguing with people over this, and I'm still fucking bitter over something so trivial. I'm not a furry, I don't care, but look at Dan living his best life out there. What a dude.
Yeah - anyone who doesn't see the pattern to Dan's joking being that Dan 'jokes' about things he's also seriously thinking about really just isn't paying attention.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Well i guess we'll know when he starts getting spotted regularly at actual furry conventions, or is otherwise unambiguously caught in behavior that shows his furry tweets are anything more than a joke - i wouldn't place to much hope in it.

He's hardly the only guy who has been beating the furry drums for laughs or as a light-hearted way to get at other issues. The internet is full of them, and some people have been tapping into that meme for years now. There is a pattern, and maybe with the next rebrand he'll throw in some more tropes for us.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

ratlad wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:04 pm at first i thought the tweet was a forfeit for a dan vs phil
like i thought phil must've tweeted it lol
I 100% thought the same thing - the furry thing is getting so old now, I can't work out if he's joking or not.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm
000dia000 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 pm Does anybody else remember when his furry mentions were "just a joke" and "shouldn't be taken seriously"?? I remember arguing with people over this, and I'm still fucking bitter over something so trivial. I'm not a furry, I don't care, but look at Dan living his best life out there. What a dude.
Yeah - anyone who doesn't see the pattern to Dan's joking being that Dan 'jokes' about things he's also seriously thinking about really just isn't paying attention.
I don’t know, guys. These furry jokes, they’re different from when he joked about his depression or his male attraction. Those jokes were a lot more vague and less blunt. Usually, with things Dan really thinks about, he distances himself from them a lot. He doesn’t shy away from talking about queerness but as soon as people start assuming he’s talking about himself, he backtracks. We know he had a very hard time talking about his depression publicly before he made the depression video as well and used to shy away from a definite answer in live shows. With things that actually concern him, he’s usually a bit unsure and he backtracks a lot with the “It’s just a joke, it’s funny” routine he does so well. He’s not doing that with the furry stuff though and that’s why I think it’s just a meme to him, like the kink jokes were in 2016. He made loads of them for a few months and then they got old and went away. When was the last time he did his “I’m so kinky, lol” thing? I think the furry thing will go the same way.

Another reason why I think that is that Phil usually joins in a la “I would be a scaley, lol”. I think if this was something Dan seriously identified with, Phil would not mock it. Usually when Dan jokes about something he’s serious about, Phil does not join in and it’s always a bit uncomfortable. The furry jokes are super light though and Dan even encourages them. Since being a furry is extremely looked down upon online and mocked a lot, I don’t think he’d joke about it this light heartedly if there was too much truth to it. That’s just not what he does and never has. So tl;dr: Dan jokes about being a furry very openly and doesn’t seem to feel the need to backtrack from it or justify it at all and that’s why I think it’s not real. Usually with topics important to him, he’s a lot more careful and not as brash. Dan is a very self-conscious person and I don’t think he’d lay something like this open when there’s the chance a big part of his audience would mock him to hell and back for it.

Or maybe Dan is sitting at home reading all the “he’s just joking, guys” posts on social media and cackling to himself because he truly is a furry and we shall never know, who even knows.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Katka wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:20 pmAnother reason why I think that is that Phil usually joins in a la “I would be a scaley, lol”. I think if this was something Dan seriously identified with, Phil would not mock it. Usually when Dan jokes about something he’s serious about, Phil does not join in and it’s always a bit uncomfortable. The furry jokes are super light though and Dan even encourages them. Since being a furry is extremely looked down upon online and mocked a lot, I don’t think he’d joke about it this light heartedly if there was too much truth to it. That’s just not what he does and never has. So tl;dr: Dan jokes about being a furry very openly and doesn’t seem to feel the need to backtrack from it or justify it at all and that’s why I think it’s not real. Usually with topics important to him, he’s a lot more careful and not as brash. Dan is a very self-conscious person and I don’t think he’d lay something like this open when there’s the chance a big part of his audience would mock him to hell and back for it.
I'm hesitant to jump in further into this conversation because I don't like situations where it comes off like I'm trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm okay with agreeing to disagree, if you don't find Dan being a furry likely then chances are conversation here won't sway you. But I do want to say to the point I bolded above: in my opinion Phil joins in mocking it because Phil also identifies with it. There have been furry jokes/references around Phil back before Dan was even in the picture.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:32 pm
Katka wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:20 pmAnother reason why I think that is that Phil usually joins in a la “I would be a scaley, lol”. I think if this was something Dan seriously identified with, Phil would not mock it. Usually when Dan jokes about something he’s serious about, Phil does not join in and it’s always a bit uncomfortable. The furry jokes are super light though and Dan even encourages them. Since being a furry is extremely looked down upon online and mocked a lot, I don’t think he’d joke about it this light heartedly if there was too much truth to it. That’s just not what he does and never has. So tl;dr: Dan jokes about being a furry very openly and doesn’t seem to feel the need to backtrack from it or justify it at all and that’s why I think it’s not real. Usually with topics important to him, he’s a lot more careful and not as brash. Dan is a very self-conscious person and I don’t think he’d lay something like this open when there’s the chance a big part of his audience would mock him to hell and back for it.
I'm hesitant to jump in further into this conversation because I don't like situations where it comes off like I'm trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm okay with agreeing to disagree, if you don't find Dan being a furry likely then chances are conversation here won't sway you. But I do want to say to the point I bolded above: in my opinion Phil joins in mocking it because Phil also identifies with it. There have been furry jokes/references around Phil back before Dan was even in the picture.
I mean, you might be right! I just wanted to explain why I think it's unlikely and give another perspective but I'm not saying I'm convinced I'm right, I hope it didn't come off that way. (I didn't know that about Phil either and it makes my point about him mute then if there's backstory.) I mean, I think we can say for sure that Dan is interested in furry culture because he clearly looked into it, I'm just not sure he identifies with it to that extent. He might though of course, it's not like it's a far-fetched theory with everything he's said on the topic. (And if he does, good for him of course.) I think it's unlikely but I also thought the moving theories for example were unlikely until it happened so :shrug:.
alien
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:32 pm
Right? I mean doesn't Phil also poke fun at Dan's attraction to males as well? Most recent being the whole instagram explore page video.
hello9217
flower crown

Katka wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:20 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm
I don’t know, guys. These furry jokes, they’re different from when he joked about his depression or his male attraction. Those jokes were a lot more vague and less blunt. Usually, with things Dan really thinks about, he distances himself from them a lot. He doesn’t shy away from talking about queerness but as soon as people start assuming he’s talking about himself, he backtracks. We know he had a very hard time talking about his depression publicly before he made the depression video as well and used to shy away from a definite answer in live shows. With things that actually concern him, he’s usually a bit unsure and he backtracks a lot with the “It’s just a joke, it’s funny” routine he does so well. He’s not doing that with the furry stuff though and that’s why I think it’s just a meme to him, like the kink jokes were in 2016. He made loads of them for a few months and then they got old and went away. When was the last time he did his “I’m so kinky, lol” thing? I think the furry thing will go the same way.

But the thing is he's been making furry jokes/references for a really long time. Replying to Phil back in 2009 saying "I'm a furry now," saying the longer he spends on /b/ the more he is becoming a furry in 2011, when Phil showed that he went dressed as a lion for the last day of school dan replied "wait are you a furry" in 2013, in 2014 he complained that phil was streaming furry convention dance contests while he was trying to work. It's not like the jokes are new, they are just more abundant and he now talks about them in videos. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything and maybe we shouldn't take everything he says seriously; I'm merely just pointing out that the furry thing is not new.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Our ol' pal Jimmy Hill and his bff Chels did a liveshow today and provided a bit of content for us:

I'm keeping the video unlisted, but share at your own risk etcetc~
hello9217
flower crown

rizzo wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:36 am
Our ol' pal Jimmy Hill and his bff Chels did a liveshow today and provided a bit of content for us:

I'm keeping the video unlisted, but share at your own risk etcetc~
Yeah I saw this live and this part was quite interesting...especially before when they said they couldn't talk about dan and phil. They are both so funny though and I love how little Chels cares; she's just so honest and doesn't bs anything. Good part. 8-)
fancybum
senpai

:dogue: Dan and Misc Watch 2018 :pizza:
no title womp womp 2 (Mar 22, 2018)

(timestamped to the phanshows upload, bless them and not Phil)
Prompted Dan Mention
31:55 (chat) Rename my uke, Dan’s name sucked
“What did he call it? I’m gonna call it… pastel Horace”

38:18 (shouting out fans) “Dan. There’s someone just called Dan. Hi Dan. Is it Daniel Howell? No.”
Unprompted Dan Mention
6:40 “So apparently [my hair is] very fine and fully straight, so it’s quite hard to style, is what my new hairdresser said. Thanks. Not like Dan who has thick, curly hair.”

34:48 “It’s Dan’s birthday when we’re away, I think we’re gonna be in Poland, which is cool. Dan’s gonna have a Polish birthday.”
-piñatas to perogies
Neutral Dan Mention
3:55 (re: forehead pics) “-taken by photographer-extraordinaire Daniel Howell. I was trying to take a selfie and they all looked terrible, so I was like ‘Dan, can you take a photo of me?’ and then literally 3 photos and they all looked great. I was like ‘how could I not do that?’ – apparently it’s about not knowing what to do with my face. I need to learn to just relax the face.”

4:25 “I can tell if I’m not relaxing my face if I get forehead wrinkles. As soon as they appear, you know I’m not relaxed. I’m a boy on edge.”
-a wrinkly boy

7:50 “I went and got a flu jab with Dan, before tour.”
8:24 “Dan had his and he was like ‘Oh I didn’t feel it, it was nothing. Honestly didn’t feel it, it’s fine.’ I was feeling a bit nervous – ‘cause you know me, I always overdramatize things in my head […]– so I was like ‘did it hurt, Dan’, he was like ‘didn’t hurt at all, it was fine, didn’t feel it’.”
10:05 “[the needle] went into my muscle, which was tense, and it hurt so much! So the first thought that went through my head was, ‘Dan is a betrayer, he has lied to me, this is horrible’ and the second thought was, ‘I hate the doctor’”

13:55 “Pastel plushies came out, look at these little small guys. If you want a pastel plushie, they’re at danandphilshop.com. Perfect for an Easter gift for someone that watches Dan and Phil, as the pastel is strong”
-they are almost wearing crowns of thorns, so yes, perfect for Easter. it’s what Jesus would have wanted

14:40 “There’s loads of stuff behind the scenes with these plushies that you don’t see. I think it’s probably like 73 emails and 10 samples before they hit the shelves of the danandphilshop.”

14:53 “Speaking of merch, Dan also released his own line of merch, which is really cool. It’s so Dan, isn’t it? It’s like Dan has blended himself into a paste and then reformed it into merch.”
-ew returning asap and calling police

15:10 “So if you want to check Dan’s merch out, shop.danielhowell.com. There you go, if you want some Daniel merch. You might see me wearing some in a future gaming video.”
-fringeless, wearing Dan merch AND GLASSES and I’ll stop being miserable for at least a week

15:35 “And I’m also working on a Phil shop, it’s in the future, it’s not like coming out next week, it’s in the distant future.”

16:28 (about Fortnite) “And it makes me quite angry, just because I think if you don’t get a reward for something you’re trying really hard at, after a while it gets quite frustrating that people will keep killing you. So we’ve been doing ‘the test’ of how stressed I am. Dan’s like, ‘Are you okay, Phil? Do you need to take a break?’ and if I can say ‘yee’ [excitedly, not scarily, then he’s either fine or needs to chill out with a different game, these fucking adorable bastards, go away]”

17:25 “If you want to see us playing Fortnite, there is a video on DanAndPhilGAMES.”

28:10 (chat) Would you ever get a succulent?
“What a lovely question. Dan’s got loads of succulents, I think he takes ownership of the succulents in this apartment, so I’m just their fun uncle that doesn’t have to water them. So I am surrounded by succulents but I don’t own any succulents.”

33:00 “It looks like things are bubbling away with Dab and Evan. Looks like Devan might be a thing. It’s looking pretty likely.”

33:50 “Go check out DAPG to be up to speed on the Devan soap opera”

CURSED
21:35 (chat) How’s the tour planning going?
“We are getting close. The tour is very real now. It’s a thing that’s happening. We’re gonna be touring the UK- I think it’s in like 40 days or something, so it’s a thing. We know what most of the show is now. It’s got a whole timeline, we know what’s going on, we know what lots of the segments are, we know what we’re gonna be doing. We haven’t started rehearsing yet, but we’re really excited to share with you the process of everything that’s happening.”

22:22 “We’re thinking of doing instagram stories to document loads of the stuff that’s happening, like rehearsals and the stuff that happens while we’re on tour, as well.”
22:58 “Because last time we did the documentary, so it was like, we’re filming everything but we can’t show it yet. But this time, I want you guys to be as involved as possible, without filling it with spoilers, because I want a few surprises [left for the show].”
23:23 “danandphiltour.com”

23:45 (chat) What’s happening with the TBC dates?
“We’ve had some issues with some of the venues, but we are ready to put Singapore, Hong Kong and Mumbai dates out, I think next week.” keep an eye on his twitter

39:55 “If you haven’t already, get your tour tickets, come see me, danandphiltour.com, see the forehead in person.”
Miscellaneous
0:55 (about his glorious hair) “It’s just something I’m trying out. I’ve got a new hairdresser, first of all, sorry Fabrice. Sometimes it’s good to change up your hairdresser now and then.”
-but does this new person come to their house or nah

1:34 “Do you like it is the question. You’re the ones that are seeing me all day, I don’t see myself, so I don’t really mind what my hair looks like”
-IF ONLY but last I checked, we are not collectively DAN

3:39 (chat) I miss the fringe
“Don’t worry, it’s still here. It’s just in a different position, that’s all.”

5:12 (chat) rip to the fringe 2k18
“It might not be gone forever. It’s just taking a vertical break.”
-I’m sure it’ll be back right along with regular live shows, let’s all hold our breath

11:10 “My brother once submitted himself for a medical trial at university, d’you know one of those things to make a little bit of extra money, and it involved injections and he’s terrible with injections. I don’t know if he’s scared of them, but he just has a bad reaction to having a needle in his arm. Anyway, they asked him not to have breakfast or any food for 24hrs before, so he’s feeling a bit faint already and he’s sat in the waiting room getting ready for the injection [and feeling Not Great]. So the thing is, they had to give one injection, then he had to go sit down, and then they had to give him another one. I don’t know what they were injecting, or taking blood or something, but he had the first injection and then went to sit down and the next thing he knew, people were like ‘oh my god, oh my god’. He’d fainted head first into a carpet and then slid, face first, across the carpet. So he stood up, thinking everything was fine, but he had a massive carpet burn all the way down his face.”
“He got removed from the trial and didn’t get any money for it.”

12:40 “Don’t submit yourself for medical trials.” 
-he should put this on his merch

18:38 “I had a dream: I was hanging out with Harry Styles in Singapore and he was late for his flight, and for some reason we were on the same tour, and I was trying to help him get to the gate in Singapore airport and he was like ’Thanks Phil, that’s really helpful’, and that was my dream.”
-Fic Prompts with AmazingPhil

40:25 “This won’t be on my YT channel, because I still haven’t set it up again, sorry.”
-if Chris can manage it, so can you. you’d think in a time when he’s about to ditch us even more he would pay more attention to getting his content to us on as many platforms as possible buT OK THEN, SURE, BYe
:whiskers: Phinal Tally: said ‘Dan’ 25 times :whiskers:
~25/41 mins = 0.60 per min

actually on topic: love Chels and Jim. Didn't love that moment.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me