Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

i think they realized there was absolutely zero spon in the last gaming video and dialed it up to 1,000 for this one, and i'm honestly here for it. i genuinely enjoyed that video and paused a lot to silently scream at my laptop and flip them off (that split second of dreamy music and filters??? what was that?????? i have questions???????)
Image Image
fancybum
senpai

Um wow I love lamp

(but overall general misery not abated because Phil refuses to pair his glasses with the forehead WHY. You know what, the vid was perfect and maybe glasses on top of it would have been too much to handle, ok he’s just looking out for us, ok)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
smartcookie
drama llama

I’m now going 100% unapologetically demon but honestly wtf
At roughly 3.44 dan draws the card reading ‘during sex I like to think about ___’ but before reading it out he says (perhaps paraphrasing here) ‘ are you ready to publicly kink-shame me, phil?’ And yeah, I get it is a joke, but wow a little on the nose don’t you think? Cos if not my senses are betraying me that is quite phan-implying :phangoggles2:
Cos yeah, what he I said with that essentially saying is that phil for one reason or another would know he’s kinks and yeah it just struck me as really odd and on the nose
Please don’t say I’m tho only one who picked up on this?!
This is a mess, I’m sorry, I’ll go back to watching
everything sucks forever
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

okay then
DatCog
blobfish

Ahhh that was so good, I’ve wanted them to play CAH for ages. Have to say it gave me flashbacks to the time I played it with some friends a few years and horrified them so much with one of my response cards I don’t think they’ve looked at me the same way since :oops:

They both looked so good in this video -
I’d be perfectly happy for them to always wear matching black :D. Definitely reckon there’ll be something like a electro-shock truth detector type game in TIIT.
000dia000
emo goose

Batman isn't Marvel, Dan.

I loved this video. Phil was great.

I was taken aback at the prompt @3.37 "During sex, I like to think about [blank]." Dan, I suppose he was making the whole scenario hypothetical that it was him in the situation and what he thought about during sex. But the way he phrased it, made it seem he was getting mildly offended by the jokes as if it was between him and Phil. Particularly when Phil changed his answer from the pigs to "Teaching a robot to love." and Dan said, "What's more distressing about me?" I'm just saying that this whole conversation was hypothetical, considering that I don't see anybody else mentioning in. I'm not trying to double over backward to make a point or whatever, but the moment just made me double take. Still, considering the whole rest of the video, I don't really think that exchange was entirely stand-alone lol
:cactus:
ironic
lady door

i just came here to say phil looks absolutely effing gorgeous in this video k bye :dead: :philtrash: :love2:
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
zazzed
squish

smartcookie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:08 pm I’m now going 100% unapologetically demon but honestly wtf
At roughly 3.44 dan draws the card reading ‘during sex I like to think about ___’ but before reading it out he says (perhaps paraphrasing here) ‘ are you ready to publicly kink-shame me, phil?’ And yeah, I get it is a joke, but wow a little on the nose don’t you think? Cos if not my senses are betraying me that is quite phan-implying :phangoggles2:
Cos yeah, what he I said with that essentially saying is that phil for one reason or another would know he’s kinks and yeah it just struck me as really odd and on the nose
I totally picked that up too. Replayed it about 5 time and was like...yep that is definitely important considering the obvious implications.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

smartcookie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:08 pm I’m now going 100% unapologetically demon but honestly wtf
I picked up on exactly this, that sounds like something you would say to a partner? or someone with a knowledge of your active sex life? or maybe it was just #BANTS and it means nOTHINg

Also editing to add: Phil hands back the cards they used as an example originally and says, "You gave me nickleback and yeast, I don't want those" and then they burst into laughter at the potential innuendo. Love it.
sparkle
blobfish

Going to go full demon and say that the card Phil 'couldn't say' was the electroshock one because Dan has a Frankenstein kink.

(srs though, in current context its something that seems a little deliberate to keep in)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

ironic wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:16 pm i just came here to say phil looks absolutely effing gorgeous in this video k bye :dead: :philtrash: :love2:
the most important part of this video imo
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I was really excited for the video when I got the notification and it didn't disappoint. :D That is definitely one of the tamest games of CAH I've seen played, but it was still funny and honestly not something I expect to see on DAPG. They both looked great (but especially Phil tbqh) and seemed like they were enjoying themselves. It would have been great if they'd played longer but maybe they can revisit the game in the future. :pls: Maybe with Tomska? I think he'd be a good one to play with.

The video Dan did with Tyler where they played it is still one of my favourites he's ever done and this wasn't quite on that level for me, but that's just me being nitpicky.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

pilotlight wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:02 pm
The video Dan did with Tyler where they played it is still one of my favourites he's ever done and this wasn't quite on that level for me, but that's just me being nitpicky.
I agree it wasn't quite as hilarious as the Tyler one. But Deppy just can't be as unreserved as Dan could with Tyler. And really could we the audience handle that level of play between Dan and Phil without a collective heart attack? Maybe in a year. :thumb: <3
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

holy. video.

I'm so curious what part of Inactive Ingredients Dan was referencing with the thigh caressing/volts to the nipples.

I'm overwhelmed by Phil with the hair and the black and Dan's earring and the game and the fact that Phil went with "cheeky bum sex'. Basically, was this video real? Am I dreaming?
ratlad
angel bean

zazzed wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:18 pm
I totally picked that up too. Replayed it about 5 time and was like...yep that is definitely important considering the obvious implications.
yeah i thought that too, not that i really need any further """proof""" but it definitely implied something lmao
i thought i would sound too demon by pointing it out....
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
knq
lava lamp

Dan Howell, advertising his own merchandise: If you dON'T LIKE IT THAT'S FINE.

Oh Dan.

Can I just say I am here for them joking about sex without the usual 'that sounded so wrong' thrown in? I get that that's usually the punchline, but I appreciate these more sex positive jokes. I want to hear sex joked about like it's fun and a bit embarrassing, not ~dirty and ~wrong. Also, Dan and Phil Solving Teen Pregnancy(tm) and being really proud of themselves was <3
ratlad
angel bean

As Of Today, I Officially Hate 2 Wild Men.

but seriously, this video made me laugh (i felt like a third wheel, like i was the friend being ignored at a game night with some friends that have way too much sexual tension.... from personal experience..)

i had a feeling phil was gonna wear the flower crown and dan was gonna wear the hat, but I thought the jumpers would be switched! dan telling phil he looks so soft and tellin him to do a lil spin will be written on my tombstone
:happytears: :dead:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Loved the video! An underrated moment I haven't seen mentioned yet is when Phil answered "same-sex ice skating" to "what is there a lot of in heaven?" I don't know, I just thought it was sweet (and telling) that that's something he'd be interested in/that he thinks should exist irl. And I know there's the obvious link to YOI, but it still stood out to me. Their mutual sense of injustice that it doesn't exist was v relatable, as a not-straight person.

Other than that, totally agree with everything others have already said, and it was a great vid!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay the video was amazing and I will have more thoughts on it later, but first - the most relatable adult business person!Phil twitter like yet.
firsttimeposter
living flop

Okay so I'm a first time poster, and very creative with my username lol. Really I created this account to know.. Will there be a thread where people can talk about what happened at their 'II' WITH SPOILERS on here? Cause it'll obviously, unlike tatinof, be different every day, and for people who can't come (cough), I think it'd be cool to have people talk about their experiences and the show and stuff? Does anyone know if a thread like this will happen?
greenergrass
stress mushroom

firsttimeposter wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:02 pm Okay so I'm a first time poster, and very creative with my username lol. Really I created this account to know.. Will there be a thread where people can talk about what happened at their 'II' WITH SPOILERS on here? Cause it'll obviously, unlike tatinof, be different every day, and for people who can't come (cough), I think it'd be cool to have people talk about their experiences and the show and stuff? Does anyone know if a thread like this will happen?
Welcome!

There's a thread for "Meet & Greets / Conventions" and then "Interactive Introverts: World Tour". I'm guessing it's fine to post show spoilers there, but you could always use the spoiler option to hide spoilers if you're not sure.

The mods can probably clarify this more for you.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

ironic wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:16 pm i just came here to say phil looks absolutely effing gorgeous in this video k bye :dead: :philtrash: :love2:
lol same, no insightful analysis or deep dissections- just appreciation for how great Phil looks today, esp. the black (which is striking on him) and the hair (which gets better every time he does it) :lilheart: :blackheart: :lilheart:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
scientia
phabergé

ratlad wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:15 pm
zazzed wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:18 pm
yeah i thought that too, not that i really need any further """proof""" but it definitely implied something lmao
i thought i would sound too demon by pointing it out....
I 100% thought the same as all of you

but

Dan framed the a lot of the cards as if it was pertaining to the person who’s turn it was. He did the same thing with the ‘Why am I sticky?’ question too at 5:44.

Also Phil was beautifully giggly in this video <3
knq
lava lamp

000dia000 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:15 pm Batman isn't Marvel, Dan.

I loved this video. Phil was great.

I was taken aback at the prompt @3.37 "During sex, I like to think about [blank]." Dan, I suppose he was making the whole scenario hypothetical that it was him in the situation and what he thought about during sex. But the way he phrased it, made it seem he was getting mildly offended by the jokes as if it was between him and Phil. Particularly when Phil changed his answer from the pigs to "Teaching a robot to love." and Dan said, "What's more distressing about me?" I'm just saying that this whole conversation was hypothetical, considering that I don't see anybody else mentioning in. I'm not trying to double over backward to make a point or whatever, but the moment just made me double take. Still, considering the whole rest of the video, I don't really think that exchange was entirely stand-alone lol
Good point! I was curious when I watched the bit you described.

Dan's answer was on brand, Phil's first answer was zany, but the third one, "teaching a robot to love" and Dan asking what was more distressing about him, I don't think I get the joke.

Is there an obvious joke there?

Is it about robot sex? Is he going to start joking about having a Real Doll fetish?

Orrr. Dan is just as distractible during sex as any other time so he stops in the middle to have a 20 minute conversation about whether robots can love or be programmed to feel emotions, like what even are emotions and what makes them real or valid and what would it take for a robot to feel, what if a robot could be created to mimic all the same brain processes as a human, would it have emotions, can simulated emotions be valid like human emotions and really how can you tell that another human is experiencing emotion the way you experience it with any more certainty than a robot are we all just robotist?

I doubt that was the joke but wow I am going to need this headcanon in all my smut now.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I wasn't feeling well so I took a nap (which went on longer than planned oops) and I woke up in an alternative universe?? Dan and Phil playing Cards Against Humanity on the gaming channel? Sounds fake but ok.

BUT WHAT A VIDEO :stan: It was pretty tame for CAH I suppose, but I didn't expect anything else from a DAPG video. It was still really funny. Plus it featured Phil in black. If he had worn glasses I'd be dead on the floor now.

Notes:
- As soon as I figure out a capitalism joke about Dan's name it's over for that Capita£ester bitch! (anyone any ideas?)
- Phil wiggled his butt just then but Dan's hand got in the way. Not giving the people what they want...
- Phil schools Dan on being a good capitalist by critcizing his #spon skills.
- ajshflksd Look At This Graph is my fave thing, it's me looking at the sub counts of irrelevant YouTubers I hate plummeting on Social Blade. :twisted:
- Phil in the blank.
- Phil showing Dan his cards... You're supposed to be playing against each other dummy! :roll:
- Dan seems to think that Phil has the ability to roast him about his kinks. These two best bros in the whole wide world are v open witch each other, it's nice to see. :thumb:
- “Only the sweet release of death itself would give me the orgasm I so desperately crave.” I thought sex made you happy boo, what happened?
- Why does Dan sounds like an actual police siren or something when reacting to the Micropig card?
- Dan is very passionate about same-sex ice dancing.
- Here I was thinking Phil is just on a constant sugar high but it turns out he sniffs glue.
- Dan would fuck The Honey Monster. Which I had to Google and ok Dan... we get that you're a furry by now but you don't have to lust over everything in a suit. :?
- *stan twitter voice* "Britney doesn't sing tho." *stan twitter friend voice* "OMG BECKY ASJLIGDKJHOF YOU TOLD HA!!"
- Not to be the str8 person, but I would've picked the Batman/Britney duo.
- Lord we are blessed on this day to hear Philip Lester speak the words 'Cheeky Bum Sex' out loud.
- Phil educating us on pregnancy risks.
- Shut up Dan, I definitely asked for this on DAPG.
- If Phil's merch doesn't contain with a shirt or something that All Or Nothing I'll be disappointed.
- I'm gonna demand the 20 euros I paid for my shit balcony ticket back if I don't see any thigh caressing or nipple electrocution.
- Were the sparkles and music even done in editing, or does that just happen to Phil IRL? It seems plausible to me. :angel2:

Someone asked in the main thread where spoilertastic reviews and debate on the tour would happen.
firsttimeposter wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:02 pm Okay so I'm a first time poster, and very creative with my username lol. Really I created this account to know.. Will there be a thread where people can talk about what happened at their 'II' WITH SPOILERS on here? Cause it'll obviously, unlike tatinof, be different every day, and for people who can't come (cough), I think it'd be cool to have people talk about their experiences and the show and stuff? Does anyone know if a thread like this will happen?
Welcome! :platonic:

As far as I know, most discussion on the shows will happen in their respective threads. You can find those in the Interactive Introverts: World Tour section under the Meet & Greets / Conventions subforum.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr