Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Honestly, that poster’s hilarious. Gotta keep the OMG-outside-is-terrifying schtick alive ;) Good colour-coordination, I don’t think we’ve seen that jacket before.
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Ooo check out Phil’s jacket with all those unconventional zips. I like the coming out of the trunk poses.

What is the chance we might get Golf with Friends today or tomorrow? There is still Candy Land left, right? Dressed as their pastel personas perhaps?
obvsly
#relatable

Thank you everyone for the congratulations! :D As for @Stakhanov and @flarequake's observation on homophobic laws in such a country like Singapore and how they might affect the show, I think @blueskies and @flurry, as locals, explained it best in the previous thread. I'm linking to blueskies' answer here and you can just scroll down a bit to flurry's.

The tl;dr version would be that as long as it's not spelled out and they're not physically making out on stage, they should be fine. The show doesn't even really have an age limit posted on the ticketing site (apart from the obvious no infants in arms and children below 6 years old,) while Margaret Cho's stand-up comedy show by the same promoter has an 18+ rating. I'm pretty sure dnp are viewed as 'safe' in the outsider's eyes.

Oh and flarequake is right about vip tickets selling out much faster than the rest. Half of the standard seats are still available for Singapore.
fieldoflovers
living flop

Congrats to everyone who got tickets!
I am curious about the Mumbai tickets, how much did they cost and how much did vip cost? I don’t live in india anymore but I’m soo curious since nobody ever really performs there and that used to make me very sad.

Side note: the new pic just made me so excited for more tour pics
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Um... so Dan's Twitter like. That's a thing :shock: :lol:
ijustwantdeath
squish

fieldoflovers wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:43 pm Congrats to everyone who got tickets!
I am curious about the Mumbai tickets, how much did they cost and how much did vip cost? I don’t live in india anymore but I’m soo curious since nobody ever really performs there and that used to make me very sad.

Side note: the new pic just made me so excited for more tour pics
it starts at 1000 rupees and goes upto 8500 rupees for the vip tickets. which is A LOT in indian currency tbh, espically for a teenager :cry:
fun fun fun
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

I need Phil's jacket!

Congrats to everyone who has a ticket!!
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:46 pm Um... so Dan's Twitter like. That's a thing :shock: :lol:
parallel
phabergé

somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:57 pm
SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:46 pm Um... so Dan's Twitter like. That's a thing :shock: :lol:
... wow?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

lilabet wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:25 am While we’re waiting for Easter baking I thought I’d recommend Tom Daleys which is hilarious. If the boys one is anywhere as snarky we’ll be in for a treat. I know it’s off topic but my excuse is that they’ve mentioned Tom :lol:

I'm sorry i'm reviving this again! watched this yesterday, very cute. Definitely been on a Tom and Lance binge this month… (Is it worth mentioning that Lance's hair made me really want Phil to quiff his, and now look what we have?)

Also… that Twitter like… w o w
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i'm quite angerey that the tour shoot took place before the quiff since there's a very strong reality that the tour merch will feature those photos and i want tour merch with the quiff, damn it!

yes, idb, fall into the tom and lance hole. lance cracked me up in that video!!

that twitter like is great. stupendous memery, thank u dan for recognizing it and bringing it into my life. :tu:

odds of easter baking tonight since last year they uploaded on holy thursday?
Image Image
dancy
procrastinator

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 pm Ooo check out Phil’s jacket with all those unconventional zips. I like the coming out of the trunk poses.

What is the chance we might get Golf with Friends today or tomorrow? There is still Candy Land left, right? Dressed as their pastel personas perhaps?
Didn't they already play the Candy Land level during Gamingmas? I do suppose there could be a gaming video today or tomorrow though, just before the Easter/April Fools video.
Stakhanov wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:57 am Hey, i think you're not the only one wondering what exactly the show will entail. The concept is pretty vague. My bet is the show will be extremely personalty driven (to point out the bloody obvious) so I expect them to basically just bant a bit about themselves and their lives? So far there's been no hint of any sort of overarching narrative. I suppose they could put a lot of what they tell us under the umbrella of "two awkward friends making youtube videos and unexpectedly making that their full-time job, getting asked to do radio shows and speak at conventions all while they 'secretly' just want to watch anime and play games because they are house-dwelling, sun-fearing nerds". That's kind of the extent of the only story arch I can see so far, lest they have a lot of things prepared. Which could be the case, but according to Phil's last show they haven't really prepared much of the content for the show yet, as he said something akin to wanting to involve us more into the making of the show (since there's no specific docu about it now), but he let on that so far they haven't done so much that he would make a video of.
Reading their tour site, "Audience participation" of some sort must also be a bit of a theme but it's hard to say just what they have in mind. Perhaps it's a show where people can decide what direction a scene/story takes, a bit like the fanfic part of TATINOF?
I agree that the concept is still a bit vague but Phil did say that they already know the "timeline" of the show and they've mentioned that they have lots of ideas of what they're gonna do on stage. They also referred to a part of the show that somehow relates to "50.000 volts straight to the nipples" at the end of the CAH video, so I definitely think they know what they're doing. There haven't been any rehearsals yet though and that's probably why they haven't shown us anything but I reckon they will be sharing more soon.

Regarding the audience participation, I'm really expecting more audience input than just choosing in what direction the show goes. I'll just quote what I've said in the previous thread based on Dan's last live show:
Each show will have the same concept but be very different based on what attendees want to talk about or want them to react to. There will be lots of way for people to get involved before the show and maybe on the internet, which is quite intriguing. Is there gonna be a website where people can submit stories/requests perhaps? And those who aren't keen on audience participation can sit back and be entertained but "if you're someone that's really funny or a bit of a troll or that extra person that feels the need to do something and has all these ideas, you can be a part of the show and roast us on behalf of all the other people".
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

yass I love tom and lance's vids, specially the cooking ones, I'm so glad tom tweeted phil as that's how I found him

I like the design of the new poster but I'd wish they'd had happier/smilier faces on them. the whole "omg outside is so scary" in every single ad is getting on my nerves a bit, but anyways congrats to everyone who got tickets, hope u'll have fun!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i miss golf with friends.. :'(
also funny meme that dan liked on twitter, i love it.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
DatCog
blobfish

I'm waiting patiently for another 'Getting Over It' - I loved their January video so much, I still consider it one of my all time faves on DAPG!
autumnhearth
senpai

@dancy oh you’re right they did. I’ve only watched that once or twice (as opposed to the half dozen times with the other golf espisodes) what is left then? Huh, so there could be a chance of baking and April Fools separately? I’m down. I saw that Dan meme on Tumblr, but didn’t realize he liked it. Good for him. :ribena:
Kimship
glabella

ratlad wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:03 pm i miss golf with friends.. :'(
also funny meme that dan liked on twitter, i love it.
Golf With (your) Friends are my fave of their gaming vids. I even bought the game because I enjoyed watching them play. It's fun, although I play solo. There are at least two more levels if they come back to it: Pirates and Ancient. It's been a while since I played, so I don't know if more have been added.
flurry
living flop

obvsly wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:27 am
disenchanted wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:48 am I just got VIP for Mumbai!! I'm dead.

(Also hi, full-time lurker here. Just had to share because I'm so excited ahhh)
Congratsssss! I know EXACTLY how you feel. :lol: I just got VIP tickets for Singapore myself! The first 3 minutes after tickets went on sale were both the longest and shortest moment of my life! My hands were shaking the whole time and I couldn't fill in the card info correctly at first. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. When everything was finally done, I noticed all the VIP tickets were gone. Wow. 3 minutes. And in a non-english speaking country. I'm happy for them.
Singapore is an English speaking country by the way. But anyhow congrats! I'm pleasantly surprised by the ticket prices too. I thought they were all very reasonable, even for VIP.
000dia000
emo goose

The poster is such a design improvement in comparison to their last tour :thumb: if I didn't know who they were, but knew their popularity, the poster would make me more interested indeed. Congrats to people that got tickets :sparkle:
:cactus:
obvsly
#relatable

flurry wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:33 pm Singapore is an English speaking country by the way. But anyhow congrats! I'm pleasantly surprised by the ticket prices too. I thought they were all very reasonable, even for VIP.
You're right! I'm so sorry for that. I was actually thinking 'region' because, like me and my friends who are from Thailand, I know people from Malaysia and Indonesia are going to the Singapore show as well. My excitement completely overwhelmed me when I posted that. Sorry! ^^"
hello9217
flower crown

So this came up on my timeline and the person in the comments is security guard "drake" from TATINOF. He says that he wants to join the tour again and is trying to contact management but has yet to hear back. I could have sworn that Dan said he wouldn't be able to come because he just had a baby but maybe I heard wrong. I want him to join them on tour. I may not have been here when the first tour started but I still heard stories about him.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

DatCog wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:35 pm I'm waiting patiently for another 'Getting Over It' - I loved their January video so much, I still consider it one of my all time faves on DAPG!
Me too! It had so many great moments. Superstitious+sassy Phil rage quitting the game. Feral screech Dan, ranting about foot fetishists. Moosage. I rewatch often :bigthumbsup:
autumnhearth
senpai

LadyLackless wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:19 pm
DatCog wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:35 pm I'm waiting patiently for another 'Getting Over It' - I loved their January video so much, I still consider it one of my all time faves on DAPG!
Me too! It had so many great moments. Superstitious+sassy Phil rage quitting the game. Feral screech Dan, ranting about foot fetishists. Moosage. I rewatch often :bigthumbsup:
Same. I need moosages to be an ongoing “thing”. I’ll take anything at this point though. I’m under the weather, on vacation, alone, with wildfires down the road. Save me from this hell.

Aww Drake. :(
George
sad dimple

Wow, apparently I'm not the only one who's gone down to the rabbit hole of Tom Daley's Youtube channel. He's a good distraction while waiting Dip and Pip to upload. I had to say tho, I find Lance extremely boring/annoying, at least in videos.

To be more on topic, I'm also hoping two different videos for baking and April's Day Fool. Do you guys think they are going to make a whole new channel for it this year?
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
malday
emo goose

If they don't do anything with baking for April Fools', i want Phil to make a fake commercial for his merch in which he launches and models his own brand of cheap(er) Back Egg.

Any other predictions?