Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
thespacecat
tol bean
Pronouns: he/him

mm_sunny1993 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:57 pm Videos Dan unlisted or deleted if someone is interested:
How to use a Gimp (2009)
A Day In The Life Of A Superhero (2010)
Truth or Dare (2010)
Dan vs. Phil (2010)
Stupid Air Fresheners (2010)
Dan and Phil play Sonic 4 (2010)
I NEARLY DIED. (not) (2010)
AmazingDan 2 (2010)
LET’S GET PHYSICAL (2011)
How To Make British Pancakes (2011)
Would You Rather ..? (2011)
wwwsexyllamas.com (2011)
SPIRAL OF LIES (2011)
HOT BOYS on Teen Cribz (2011)
Truth or Dare 3 (2011)
Inappropriate Winking (2011)
OMG WTF ASDFGHJKL (2011)
OMG UR soo POSH L0L!!1! (2011)
Oli Sykes - Would You Rather (2012)
LEFT HANDEDISM (2012)
How To Speak Northern (2012)
Truth or Dare 4 (2012)

Haven't watched most of them to be honest but I kinda liked some of them. And that's definitely more than 9 videos like he said :rofl: :sideeye:
Thanks for posting this list! i was wondering which videos he had unlisted.

It could just be from my end, but the links I've found to these videos leads to either an "Uploader made this video unavailable" screen, or a grey ( ! ) symbol over a blank screen.
For reference, I am getting links from danandphilvideocatalogue on tumblr. Non-unlisted/private video links from their tumblr work just fine. Do links to these videos work for anyone else?
in the meantime, it's time for me to start binge-watching cringey reaction channels
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

It was a nice ls, I really have nothing to complain about. I would talk about highlights but head is unlisted videos mode right now. I hope it was more about the problematic humor than he let on. I’ve been waiting for AmazingDan2 to die a fiery death and for the Truth or Dare series to fade away. I also really don’t care for Would You Rather and I never even watched the Oli Skyes one until the other day (I’ve actually been watching a lot of his early videos these last few days because I attempted the insane feat of making a competition brackets of all his videos... yeah). But why oh why would you unlist Dan vs Phil? (Mind you I can think of three fan music videos which use the Jamaica vlog footage better than the original, but still). I’m kinda sad that the GiffGaff vids are unlisted just because their different and creative, but at the same time there are definitely uncomfortable moments with the gimp, so I get it. Weird that My Psycho French Teacher came back recently just to disappear again. I guess I’m just glad that How To Make British Pancakes isn’t completely gone. Yeah there’s a few uncomfortable moments, but it’s a classic. I understand Sonic 4, I actually prefer the two on their side channels. I’m surprise That Charity Advert stayed. Oh and the Krave Challenges are also gone. No more literal Danasaur. Well he’s hidden at least, all of these are just hidden. Better save them now just in case though. Wait... what rizzo? They’re GONE gone?! You’re right, what the hell?
theseclouds
crusty sponge

thespacecat wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 pm
mm_sunny1993 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:57 pm Videos Dan unlisted or deleted if someone is interested:
How to use a Gimp (2009)
A Day In The Life Of A Superhero (2010)
Truth or Dare (2010)
Dan vs. Phil (2010)
Stupid Air Fresheners (2010)
Dan and Phil play Sonic 4 (2010)
I NEARLY DIED. (not) (2010)
AmazingDan 2 (2010)
LET’S GET PHYSICAL (2011)
How To Make British Pancakes (2011)
Would You Rather ..? (2011)
wwwsexyllamas.com (2011)
SPIRAL OF LIES (2011)
HOT BOYS on Teen Cribz (2011)
Truth or Dare 3 (2011)
Inappropriate Winking (2011)
OMG WTF ASDFGHJKL (2011)
OMG UR soo POSH L0L!!1! (2011)
Oli Sykes - Would You Rather (2012)
LEFT HANDEDISM (2012)
How To Speak Northern (2012)
Truth or Dare 4 (2012)

Haven't watched most of them to be honest but I kinda liked some of them. And that's definitely more than 9 videos like he said :rofl: :sideeye:
Thanks for posting this list! i was wondering which videos he had unlisted.

It could just be from my end, but the links I've found to these videos leads to either an "Uploader made this video unavailable" screen, or a grey ( ! ) symbol over a blank screen.
For reference, I am getting links from danandphilvideocatalogue on tumblr. Non-unlisted/private video links from their tumblr work just fine. Do links to these videos work for anyone else?
in the meantime, it's time for me to start binge-watching cringey reaction channels
^I'm getting the same. :(

I completely get wanting to distance himself from "the past" (like someone else mentioned, I too privated basically my entire LJ a while ago), but unlisting them would've been sufficient. No new fans will stumble upon them without much digging, and those of us who are extreme enough to have the links bookmarked somewhere can still enjoy them while also realizing this is the Dan of the past and that things have changed. :shrug:
yeetussy
glabella

Can we all have a collective moment of silence for the culture that was lost today :dead: :angel2: :wahh:

I’m not sure how much I believe the ‘Sandra’ gimmick (I feel bad for her if she does exist), he could’ve just said he didn’t feel comfortable with having those videos up.

I also think ‘How to Speak Northern’ was unlisted because Chris was in it? I remember reading smth abt Chris being jealous and controversial recently, idk tho
hello9217
flower crown

yeetussy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:04 pm Can we all have a collective moment of silence for the culture that was lost today :dead: :angel2: :wahh:

I’m not sure how much I believe the ‘Sandra’ gimmick (I feel bad for her if she does exist), he could’ve just said he didn’t feel comfortable with having those videos up.
For some reason I believe that the email was fake. Like people get pissed at dan over some things that he still continues to do to this day *cough* hyping videos up and then being annoyed when they aren't received correctly *cough* but we are supposed to believe an 11 year old caused him to delete a large portion of his videos. Sure.........
Also he changed the video name called 'Opinions' to 'Expression OPINIONS on THE INTERNET' and 'Spoilers' to 'Why I HATE Spoilers.'
fancybum
senpai

yeetussy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:04 pm I also think ‘How to Speak Northern’ was unlisted because Chris was in it? I remember reading smth abt Chris being jealous and controversial recently, idk tho
:rofl: Thanks for that. I hope for Chris's 99th upcoming comeback he works that into his rebrand. Ooh you thought you knew crabstickz but he's back and he is jealous and controversial. I for one cannot wait.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
simmehchan
butt chair

Didn't he already say in his video where he looked at Hello Internet and a few of the 2009 ones that he kept them up even though he was embarrassed by them? I guess that's changed. And why he's still not deleted the one that stars a literal r*pist is way beyond me. :shrug:

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
knq
lava lamp

Dan complaining about google linking to the main Pinterest page when you just want to see the photo is the most #relatable he has ever been.

I find his video deleting spree very suspicious! Mostly because as far as I can tell, no one knew about it until his liveshow. Did he delete videos just so he could have a title for his liveshow? (While I sincerely doubt he's still concerned about the negative reaction to his last liveshow (if he ever was) deleting old videos and telling people about it is a pretty solid way of taking control and re-directing anticipated criticism.)

He also said when he was sick, he watched every video ContraPoints had posted to Youtube. That could have prompted him to think about people discovering him today and watching his entire backlog. I do wonder how he decides which videos not to delete. With how much Dan seems to (periodically) hate Dan, I'm surprised by the amount of content that has stayed public over the years.
000dia000
emo goose

At this point whenever Dan mentions a new live show or video just I know to expect some strong reactions. I don't know, but I sometimes think that people are scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to trying to find something positive to say. Maybe this is a personal feeling, or maybe others feel this weariness from waiting around and expecting something from him, but never get anything from it.

I notice that people some content with the "knowledge" of their relationship or whatever, that imagining it is somehow satifisfying but I can't really relate to that. I feel that there never seems to be a positive progression for Dan, everything just seems to backtrack and his attitude to his audience is as ever condescending. I think I'm really over his behaviour and the ways about him. He's just an endless cycle yet with people defending it as a sign of self growth. Is anybody actually happy with Dan at the moment? He has these moments that make me wonder why exactly people still stick around.
:cactus:
fieldoflovers
living flop

simmehchan wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:19 pm Didn't he already say in his video where he looked at Hello Internet and a few of the 2009 ones that he kept them up even though he was embarrassed by them? I guess that's changed. And why he's still not deleted the one that stars a literal r*pist is way beyond me. :shrug:
Wait is his collab with alex day still up? Or is this about ‘i will go down with this ship’? Because i do wonder about that, I know that’s one of his most popular videos and it is lucrative and I would think that deleting it would be in line with the rest of his deleting spree but is money the reason he still has it up?
I’m so curious about this tbh.
Side note: dan named his liveshow “why i deleted old videos” and that was interesting cause during the show he said “unlist” and didn’t make a big deal of it but its a big enough deal for it to be the title? Interesting.
lovely-daniel
phillion/danosaur <//3

god idk if im angry or devastated. wtf im just really not feeling this at all. it doesn't feel right. it isn't sitting with me. anyone else relate?
Last edited by lovely-daniel on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-c
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I mean... if beef with Chris was the reason Dan removed that video I'm even more angry that I Will Go Down With This Ship is just sitting there. I used to get why he would leave it up but now that other 2012 era videos are apparently fair game, it needs to go. It's super outdated by now anyway, new younger viewers won't get what the fuck a Cherimon is. At least show Charlie, who himself removed videos with his former best friend and firmly distanced himself from that piece of shit, some fucking respect and delete that ugly thumbnail.

But I suppose having a bad haircut in a video is worse than an known sexual abuser. Priorities. :roll:

Also I know I'm being dramatic (would you expect any less of me? no, exactly.) but as 2012 era subscriber who really isn't into Dan's current content the way he goes on deleting sprees and defends it is extra upsetting. Do I still have worth as subscriber to you Dan? Or am I just part of the cringe phase that you would rather have go away? You're more focused on all these ~new~ people than about the people who have been with you for these past years throughout all those things you now hate so much...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fancybum
senpai

000dia000 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:24 pm At this point whenever Dan mentions a new live show or video just I know to expect some strong reactions. I don't know, but I sometimes think that people are scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to trying to find something positive to say. Maybe this is a personal feeling, or maybe others feel this weariness from waiting around and expecting something from him, but never get anything from it.

I notice that people some content with the "knowledge" of their relationship or whatever, that imagining it is somehow satifisfying but I can't really relate to that. I feel that there never seems to be a positive progression for Dan, everything just seems to backtrack and his attitude to his audience is as ever condescending. I think I'm really over his behaviour and the ways about him. He's just an endless cycle yet with people defending it as a sign of self growth. Is anybody actually happy with Dan at the moment? He has these moments that make me wonder why exactly people still stick around.
I'm generally happy with Dan at the moment*

*but I reserve the right to take this back after actually watching the liveshow

and please let's not baselessly besmirch Chris kthx. The video was probably just weird and awkward (WHICH WAS ITS CHARM FUCK OFF DAN)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

where is all of this negativity coming from what
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

Katka wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 pm And the reason being "I look bad in them" is kinda sad. He looks younger in those videos and he looks like someone whose look was trendy in 2010-2012 (let's be real, so many people thought Dan was really hot back then. It's just what we looked like). I really hope he doesn't really think his younger self looked bad. :| (I mean, by today's standards we all probably looked bad in 2012. Fashion changes, big deal, right?)
he still makes pretty consistent digs about his appearance, so i don't think how he actually looks is going to change how he feels he looks. the way he reacts to things like this is always way stronger than you'd react to just not liking that haircut anymore so it makes sense that the negative feelings he has towards himself in the past are worse than "hm that haircut looks bad"

i'm definitely pretty biased when it comes to not downplaying what people say negatively about their appearance because EDNOS and body dysmorphia but i don't think it's a thing you should downplay about people whether they have a medical issue or don't and just don't like how they look. if someone's claiming to be unhappy with how they look to the extent of deleting videos that still earn money and that they know they'll be criticised for deleting, it's fair to believe that that's the conclusion that feels logical to them because that's how strong the feeling is
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
hello9217
flower crown

Ok I'm actually laughing a bit because he is already claiming copyright and all the re-uploads and deleting them. Thank God PINOF's aren't on Dan's channel or else I bet they would be gone too. Also the links to inappropriate winking, Omg your'e so posh, left handedism, and omg wth asdfghjkl all still work yet he takes down dan v phil completely :(
knq
lava lamp

ratlad wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 pm where is all of this negativity coming from what
Dan is a lot more controversial than pigeons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

:tinfoil:

Weren’t we all just bringing up a bunch of 2009-2012 videos we loved? If he’s creepin’ and that was the impetus for this, I..... I....... I won’t buy his merch. The little shit.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Looks like he's unlisting most of them now and not privating them so links you already have should still work.
lila23
tol bean

Hello everybody!

Well yes, I'm happy with Dan at the moment, and most of the time I can say. I think he's a decent human being, not perfect (but nobody is). He hasn't done anything awful for me to consider him being a bad person, and I still get much pleasure watching him and Phil. I'd prefer him not to over-explain always every decision he makes, for me there's no need for that, but for him it's important or he can't do it otherwise, so I accep that.

I don't really care if he deletes some videos he's not happy with, it's his choice. How he manages his youtube channel is probably one of the only things he has control of, because lots of other things are out in the internet forever...
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Don’t worry guys it appears he was only joking again (woops lol - Dans words) and he has made an error and is unblocking the “acceptable” ones. If he doesn’t unblock lol ur so posh or I almost died then I’m unfollowing 😂

Ps. I haven’t watched the liveshow yet but there is a pattern emerging. Dan goes live, phandom is angry. Woops lol.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

just leaving this here
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

ratlad wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 pm where is all of this negativity coming from what
I think it was that he said that he unlisted them ( ie we would all be able to get to them through existing links that are quite easy to find if you are a fan) and they are actually private/deleted so we can't watch them. I've looked into it further and he seems to have done a mix. So there are some that he unlisted which maybe he wants to still be accessible to fans like British Pancakes but then there are those completely private. It'd be interesting to know which are which but I don't have time to look through them all.

I'm also wondering why the Alex Day video isn't at least getting unlisted. Is it still getting that many views? I haven't watched it in forever. Or is he really proud of the video regardless of who is in it?

I've completely forgotten the password for the Drug Deal :sherlock: Once I have time I might have to actually start downloading some of my favourites. It's like being in the Skam Google drive fandom all over again.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m sad he took down the danosaur/Krave challenge videos. The last danosaur was one of my favourites, though I admit mainly for how he looked in those trousers :roll: though it’s funny in itself too. He seems to have a weird yardstick for what he’s cringing over if he’s left some that are still up, as people have said. Also the charity advert one with Chris is still up, and maybe another? I’m not sure now.

Hmm, do I like Dan? Yes. I thought for a moment and as I’ve said before, I identify with him a lot and that’s different than liking him, though it clouds my judgement sometimes. I’ve felt distanced lately, in a good way, just being busier and happier, and also noticing differences in his personality vs mine. Makes me want to watch Bojack Horseman and see what Diana’s like cos I’m always interested in understanding them better. His patronising schtick is annoying, though I tend to give things like that a pass with “he’s 10 years younger than me, he’ll grow out of it”, and maybe I shouldn’t.

I don’t think we have to like everything about them, though it’s different if you like very little. We all have people we love, but who have traits we don’t like. Over time and especially lately I’ve realised how little Phil is really the cute boy I fell down the rabbithole for since it was his sweet 2012 self in the time of “things I thought were true” and besides being quite a nice guy, and often quite sweet, there’s a lot more to him. I guess that’s okay since getting to know him better didn’t put me off, but still, realising I’d become such a fan based on just seeing a part of his personality made me wonder briefly if I should have at all.

I do think he means it when he says he doesn’t like how he looks. He knows a lot of people think he’s gorgeous, but that doesn’t mean he believes it all the time. I think it’s a common thing if you were bullied or had low self-esteem as a kid.
Last edited by flarequake on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

16:50 - "but there we go, character progression, we all like it"

He's so self-aware (and fandom-aware)

(that's as far as I've gotten in the liveshow so far, but had to come here to post that because it stuck out to me)