Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

noodlebum wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:14 pm Bit cuter than Dans photos from today :lol:
As with every beautiful pic of Phil, I'll quote reply it just to keep blessing us. What a man. Content scrunchy smile, roots coming through, quiff and glasses and black making his shoulder look broad and that long neck how is he real!!! :love2: :philtrash: :philtrash: :philtrash: :garbage:
firsttimeposter wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:38 pm
liola wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:04 am On another negative note because I can't help myself, since the beginning of the year he seems to portray himself as distanced from Phil am I the only one having this thought? It disappears when they are in videos together or when he talks about the tour. I'm not sure how to describe it either tbh
I feel the exact same way, more and more things he does and says are beginning to look like him distancing himself from phil, and the Dan and Phil branding. It seems to me like phil pretty much runs the gaming channel all by himself (obviously dan is in them, but I feel like phil finds all the games they're playing, has control over the spons they do, and maybe even edits them all himself??). I hope they'll keep their private relationship even if dan does rebrand away from amazingphil of Dan and Phil.
I mean, I didn't mean it in the way that they will stop working together or living together by any mean, just that I think especially with the tour approaching he feels even more how tied their content is and I don't think Dan or Phil ever wanted that to be honest, not with their individual channels. I also think Dan's mood hasn't helped lately to make us feel like this is nromal instead of scary.

EDIT: I'm so glad I decided to quote the pic as I end up top of the page. You're all welcome I guess
Last edited by liola on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, what a pair they are. I’ve never thought to wash new clothes before wearing them, interesting. Poor Dan, but thank goodness for having some antihistamines around. Otherwise my first thought was calamine lotion (or is that just for sunburn?) Phil looks so lovely and in black with his glasses and everything. That is a good angle. It’s funny to think “he has a nice neck”, but it’s true. I was noticing Dan’s arms and shoulders too, don’t feel bad now we know he’s feeling okay.
dancy
procrastinator

liola wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:04 am On another negative note because I can't help myself, since the beginning of the year he seems to portray himself as distanced from Phil am I the only one having this thought? It disappears when they are in videos together or when he talks about the tour. I'm not sure how to describe it either tbh
I feel the exact same way, more and more things he does and says are beginning to look like him distancing himself from phil, and the Dan and Phil branding. It seems to me like phil pretty much runs the gaming channel all by himself (obviously dan is in them, but I feel like phil finds all the games they're playing, has control over the spons they do, and maybe even edits them all himself??). I hope they'll keep their private relationship even if dan does rebrand away from amazingphil of Dan and Phil.
I know the whole #phandivorce (yuck) thing has already been discussed but what exactly is the emboldened claim based on because I don't feel that way at all tbh?
sadshrew
tol bean

Everyone has their own perspective, but I don't see it that way at all. Dan's really is out there liking shippy phanart because it makes him smile and waxing poetic about Phil's forehead the best forehead that was ever attached to a head. He seemed genuinely excited to plug their most latest gaming vids and the gaming channel in his livestream yesterday. Phil's in charge of the spon since Dan has his problems with it, but I'm sure they both contribute to the channel in their own ways that during their years together they've found work for them.
yeetussy
glabella

OMG Phil :stan: :stan: :stan:

This is the reason I’ve been team quiff since 2014 god bless <3

Can someone start a petition for Phil to never wear contacts again?
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

sadshrew wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:52 pm
Everyone has their own perspective, but I don't see it that way at all. Dan's really is out there liking shippy phanart because it makes him smile and waxing poetic about Phil's forehead the best forehead that was ever attached to a head. He seemed genuinely excited to plug their most latest gaming vids and the gaming channel in his livestream yesterday. Phil's in charge of the spon since Dan has his problems with it, but I'm sure they both contribute to the channel in their own ways that during their years together they've found work for them.
i feel like a lot of people are just actively looking for anything negative with dnp (especially dan)
how does living with your partner for 7 years, then going on 2 tours suddenly add up to them "distancing" away from each other?
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
ratlad
angel bean

phil is just a ray of sunshine!!! look at those ginger roots! i think that colour really suits him.
as a ginger myself, that once had his hair dyed black, the process of growing out natural red hair is really awkward since nothing really goes good with it.. except maybe blond or a darker red.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil looks so good with this hairstyle. Not to bring back flat talk, but I'm bringing back flat talk - It looks like they took this picture outside of the filming flat. It makes me wonder if the filming flat is on the bottom level of their apartment building so they can use the yard and their living flat is on the top because of the skylight.
firsttimeposter
living flop

dancy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:51 pm
I know the whole #phandivorce (yuck) thing has already been discussed but what exactly is the emboldened claim based on because I don't feel that way at all tbh?
Every time they do a spon, it's always phil who has payed the game beforehand, and whenever they're playing a game phil is the one to bring up a forfeit, and only in the latest video was dan remotely exited by a forfeit. I think this feeling for me started in gamingmas, dan definitely didn't seem in the mood for gaming.
firsttimeposter
living flop

ratlad wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:58 pm
sadshrew wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:52 pm
i feel like a lot of people are just actively looking for anything negative with dnp (especially dan)
how does living with your partner for 7 years, then going on 2 tours suddenly add up to them "distancing" away from each other?
I'm one of the people who don't really have anything against dan rn, I find it all to be a bit dramatic and stuff. I am however always very negative when jet comes to them, and I promise that I am not looking for negativity, it's just how my mind works. I have quite the paranoia with dnp sometimes (always), and I'm really annoyed by myself actually lmao.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Anyone got any last minute thread name suggestions? You've got 10 minutes to get them in....
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
so_cheesy
butt chair

missemma wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:31 pm Anyone got any last minute thread name suggestions? You've got 10 minutes to get them in....
Pigeon Fest '18
obviously :D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dancy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:51 pm
I don't see any distancing at all. I'm a bit perplexed at the idea of it. They're about to embark on a six month world tour together, and Dan is more of an active participant in both the gaming channel and Phil's actual channel than he is his own channel. Is it that Dan hasn't posted a selfie of them in a while? Or because Phil hasn't been on Dan's channel? Because that's really the only thing I could think Dan could do to actually be more tied to Phil professionally, but Dan rarely posts pictures of the two of them - and Dan rarely posts videos, full stop. But the guy held an entire q&a on his opinions of Phil's hair on twitter. He spent Phil's entire birthday with Phil's family and one of his rare IG posts is a picture of the birthday cake he got for Phil. His social media is teeming with Phil mentions everywhere.

Unrelated, but aww:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

so_cheesy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:34 pm
Pigeon Fest '18
obviously :D
but it's thread #69 so something slightly dirty needs to be suggested surely (although pigeons are rather dirty and disgusting haha).
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
malday
emo goose

The contrasting photos each decided to post today are like metaphors for their relationships with the audience.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

malday wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 pm The contrasting photos each decided to post today are like metaphors for their relationships with the audience.
Dan gives us hives and Phil gives us sunshine and that sweet Vitamin D?
hello9217
flower crown

I can't post a photo but dan did apologize in the liveshow description that he wasn't making fun of the girl. Good on him honestly I will be happy to put this all behind us.
Edited to add: the liveshow on youtube in case of confusion
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Amiaw wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:48 pm
malday wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 pm The contrasting photos each decided to post today are like metaphors for their relationships with the audience.
Dan gives us hives and Phil gives us sunshine and that sweet Vitamin D?
dan shares something that's going on in his life and phil gives us a HQ photo that tells us nothing more than that the weather is nice?
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Admittedly this is just my opinion and not based on any "proof" but I've always assumed they both enjoy the gaming channel but Dan really enjoys the fact he has Phil to take credit for them playing all the games that aren't fitting of his brand aesthetic (or more accurately what he wants his brand aesthetic to be) so he gets to stay on brand and make a buck from every lame app they can find. JMO of course. :D

(Of course there are exceptions like when the games off brand for Phil like My Horse Prince then it has to be Dan's idea. Usually he ironic idea.)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

hello9217 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:48 pm I can't post a photo but dan did apologize in the liveshow description that he wasn't making fun of the girl. Good on him honestly I will be happy to put this all behind us.
ratlad
angel bean

thread name suggestion: so much cherry blossom everywhere

i apologize for that......
hello9217
flower crown

hello9217 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:48 pm I can't post a photo but dan did apologize in the liveshow description that he wasn't making fun of the girl. Good on him honestly I will be happy to put this all behind us.
Oops just posted a pic that I managed to get but I see someone else got one as well so thank you!
fancybum
senpai

hello9217 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:54 pm
Got a pic
Aw that’s nice to see :love2: :thanks:
Good for him.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That’s a nice explanation especially since it did sound exactly like he was making fun of her. As he says, can’t always get it across how he means it in a liveshow.

I keep wanting to tell him that the Sims isn’t trolling him with their llamas, llamas have always been a theme in the game. The university pack in Sims 2 even had a sports mascot dressed as one (I don’t remember if it did the cheer, but the cheerleader did. They seem to call llamas “gerbitz” in Simlish as in “Vo, Gerbitz!” for “Go, Llamas!”)

I’m trying to think of anything relevant and 69-worthy. Nothing coming to mind tbh.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:53 pm
It's nice to see that he posted that. It looks like he's slowly learning to listen to his audience.