Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
so_cheesy
butt chair

missemma wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:16 am
blueskies wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:04 am has anyone seen the twitter post about a girl threatening to kill herself and Phil when she meets dnp during ii? tons of people have already emailed the management, and i know that security definitely won't allow murder weapons in, but i still feel quite irrationally worried. i really hope nothing will happen to dnp when they're on tour.
From what I’ve read this morning, management/authorities have been contacted multiple times. The lady’s niece also put up some videos explaining the situation which UpdatedPhan linked to here:
I really don’t think people need to worry, from what the niece says there has been a massive misunderstanding.

Also (to everyone) please do not link directly to the woman in questions social media pages. A lot of attention has already been given to this and we don’t need to give it anymore. Thanks :)
missemma wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:16 am
blueskies wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:04 am has anyone seen the twitter post about a girl threatening to kill herself and Phil when she meets dnp during ii? tons of people have already emailed the management, and i know that security definitely won't allow murder weapons in, but i still feel quite irrationally worried. i really hope nothing will happen to dnp when they're on tour.
From what I’ve read this morning, management/authorities have been contacted multiple times. The lady’s niece also put up some videos explaining the situation which UpdatedPhan linked to here:
I really don’t think people need to worry too much, from what the niece says there has been a massive misunderstanding.
The phandom police is going to go overboard as usual. But honestly, in a case like this it's better to be safe than sorry. I don't know if there's been anything similar in the phandom before but celebrities have died before because of obsessed fans.

What the aunt of the lady wrote incomment under one of her Instagram videos explaining the situation, doesn't really make me feel comfortable at all. I'll paste it here:

"yes, I understand if you don’t know her that that is very alarming to hear. She likes to write, her writings are very “spiritual” and dark in her sense. It was a fictional piece that she had written about “spiritual releasing” and I think she just used Phil as a, sort of, character since she is such a big fan and they really are a big part of her life. It was, in no way, an actual warning or threat"

The fuck is that.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

it's better to be safe than sorry. you don't joke about this shit, you don't threaten people "for fanfic".
she's clearly unstable, and even if we are over reacting about potentially nothing, at least we're taking caution. no doubt that DnP have seen this going around, i hope management and security does everything in their power to prevent her from going near them.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Just wanted to say that Iv actually know about this woman since last year! I was on reddit because I use it for rpdr and I was looking to see if dan and phil had a section, I came across a user called danisnotintersing clicked to see and it was this woman. It was about 4am and I saw she uploaded streams of her talking, I clicked a video that’s not on her yt and freaked out! I had no clue what I was watching and it didn’t make sense. I told one of my irl the next day because it scared me. I forgot about her then one day I was going through comments on old dan liveshow from 2012( it might of been is first one) and when I got near to the bottom and was she had left a comment and it was a couple years old. Over the past couple months I just kept seeing her, it could be a yt comment with her pfp or she replying something to dan and phil and for somehow I just saw it and it didn’t like it at all. I decided to tell my friend/someone in the phandom and send her video she didn’t. My friend found her twitter and got freaked out because the stuff she was saying we said that we should look into contacting the venue because when I saw she had vip I was scared. I decided to follow her yt to check if she made anymore odd videos so when she did we would email the venue if we felt dnp we’re in danger. Fast forward to yesterday.. I was on twitter and just managed to see all this go down from the start. I saw people talking about a woman saying she was gonna do sexual thing to dan. I thought oh it’s some girl who think she’s being funny but the phandom are talking it serious. I went to ig and saw a account I follow upload a thing talking about what she said she was gonna do and more screenshots of her tweets that were scary. Obviously I recognised her face right away and left a couple comments saying she’s not mentally right and don’t message her.

It’s been so stressful watching all this go down on twitter. I think everyone was right to contact the venue and dnp management but then it got out of hand. No one should of been passing her twitter @ around. No one should be contacting to woman. Yes most of the phandom are kids and it’s not a normal thing to react to but like always they have to go a step too far. And I hope people tell everyone else deal with it now. Everybody needs to stop @ing dan and Phil. It’s werid what the person related to her said about it because I don’t think the person is mentally stable I don’t think she’s gonna hurt them but I don’t think this is some joke and she’s a fully aware person? I was worried about everyone taking this to far and th woman hurting herself. You never know what someone is going through and getting messages from a bunch of kids saying things to you because their scared can make you do stupid shit.
I don’t have time to proof read before submitting I’m literally heading out the door. Sorry it’s long I just wanted to say something about it.
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

I was going to bring this situation up last night, but I didn’t know how to do it calmly and the thought of it made me feel ill (I can’t watch the videos, just the stills make me feel nauseous). I’m sure management and the venue will handle it, though I wish there was some way to get her help. I also feel bad for everyone @ing Dan and Phil last night. I hope they’re not too anxious.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

ratlad wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:52 am it's better to be safe than sorry. you don't joke about this shit, you don't threaten people "for fanfic".
she's clearly unstable, and even if we are over reacting about potentially nothing, at least we're taking caution. no doubt that DnP have seen this going around, i hope management and security does everything in their power to prevent her from going near them.
yeah, agreed.
I mean, we've all heard of celebrities killed by crazed fans (selena, christina grimmie, etc.) and this person clearly isn't just a teenager trying to get attention (i think she said she was in her 40s?)

Plus, any family of this person probably has at least a little bit of bias, so I wouldn't completely decide there's no worry until this has been completely looked into by an objective outsider
anonymousdork
delia smith

After catching up on all this, I'm definitely in agreement that it's better to be safe than sorry. Is this woman going to do something dangerous at the show? Most likely not. But if there's even the slightest chance and we know about it ahead of time then the signal should definitely be boosted in order to ensure all the fans and deppy are safe.

But, ugh, what an unpleasant thing to wake up to.
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
hello9217
flower crown

Just in case anyone is still worried, they are aware
alien
procrastinator

I don’t know if this is how it is everywhere but at the venue this woman is talking about going to is somewhere I go frequently and they are pretty strict with security. You can’t bring backpacks and every bag gets checked thoroughly. I think it’s a good idea to contact the venue about it so I hope whoever said they would did. I still might just to be extra cautious.
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

anonymousdork wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:13 pm After catching up on all this, I'm definitely in agreement that it's better to be safe than sorry. Is this woman going to do something dangerous at the show? Most likely not. But if there's even the slightest chance and we know about it ahead of time then the signal should definitely be boosted in order to ensure all the fans and deppy are safe.

But, ugh, what an unpleasant thing to wake up to.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I don't know what it's like in America, but over here (Ireland) you can get into serious trouble with the police for even joking about having plans to harm someone. (Someone jokingly made a statement about a student plotting to shoot up my school a while back and it had to be investigated extensively because of the very slight chance it would happen.)
That being said, I personally don't think (knock on wood) that this person is genuinely going to do something dangerous but it would be silly for the management not to make sure everyone is safe and that this person isn't able to go ahead with her plans, especially after the huge amount of people expressing their concern over this.
I'm glad deps are aware of the issue though and I hope it gets sorted out soon.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

This sounds... ominous?
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

what a unpleasant thing to wake up to indeed, glad to hear the right people where contacted about it.

just wanted to post to say thank you to lefthandedism, hello9217 and fancybum for their answers
:thankyou:

edit: legit went "oh no" out loud when reading Dan's tweet
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

That is one of the most dangerous questions they could ask lol :lol: I'm wondering what'll come out of it, or when said hypothetical video will come out?

...also it always makes me nervous to see people threaten celebs, bad things have happened before so it's just a little scary to see. I'm so glad that this was reported, I'd hate for anything to have happened :?
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
liola
rankussy

I actually said "Dan no" out loud at that tweet I swear
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:19 pm This sounds... ominous?
I'm scared to even look at the replies to that tweet lol. Are people being mostly respectful on the whole, or is a whole lot of chapstick challenge or boyfriend tag requests?
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alien
procrastinator

I know he specifies "on youtube" but I wonder if this has anything to do with tour prep. Or maybe they're just low on ideas and want some to prerecord for while they're on tour.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

I'm glad Phil spoke about it and assured us that everything is okay!

and everyone in the twitter replies are telling DnP to kiss but i don't want that, i just want more pigeons.
or couples yoga challenge
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Has he tweeted this before? I’m getting serious deja vu that he tweeted this and I replied to it. And I just replied to his tweet.... which I never do!!! Sorry I swear I’m having a mini crisi over this. And god is he really asking for trouble with that tweet. I can’t look at the replies so all I’m gonna say is MORE DAILY VLOGS. I’m guessing their trying to find alternatives for when they go on tour because they won’t be able to get as many gaming videos out as regular content like they do now.
hello9217
flower crown

onceinaugust wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:29 pm
I'm scared to even look at the replies to that tweet lol. Are people being mostly respectful on the whole, or is a whole lot of chapstick challenge or boyfriend tag requests?
There are definitely a lot of those but the top ones I have seen, i.e. have the most likes, are best friend tag, drunk gaming, yoga challenge, ditl
PolarFox
truth bomb

so, the sextape is coming out when? :haru:
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
fancybum
senpai

This will probably be worked into their trailer-but-not for tour, right? Like ‘look at us doing what you tell us haha this was fun right? Now imagine seeing it LIVE buy tickets below’. I am both scared and excited if they actually commit to some of the fun stuff suggested.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I just literally laughed out loud in the supermarket. Omg I can never go back there.

Anything drunk sounds hilarious tbh

Oh and good call on the tour promo/trailer @fancybum!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I just want a tour of both of their apartments.

Yes I have been converted into a believer.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
theseclouds
crusty sponge

^I've given up hope for an apartments tour, and we'll get a tour ditl anyway I suppose? I was surprised how tame the majority of the replies are tbh. I'd be really up for some drunk gaming... and I may be high key excited for a best friend tag.
sparkle
blobfish

DAN NO... :rofl:

But if you insist, can Phil please play Fallout 4 as Nate and romance Danse.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
liola
rankussy

Okay I must be out of the loop or something but why is everyone excited about a best friend tag? Isn't that basically what they've done in the best friend quiz videos, and the one dan posted on his channel from... playlist live, i think?

Unless of course they basically take the questions of the boyfriend tag and make it into the best friend tag same way they did the boyfriend choose my outfits into a viewers choose my outfit :mrgreen: :philtrash:

I think this is a good way of getting ideas for pre-filming, but also if the tour actually involves audience participation, a way to gather how much of the reaction would be about phan stuff, considering people are more likely to say it on the internet than in real life. I'm actually more surprised that it was Dan tweeting something ike this and not Phil!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor