Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

ratlad wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:15 am @Templeofshame that actually makes sense, especially in the situation where dan is a guest star on phil's channel (er.. i mean, phil²'s channel ??)
i had his whole domestic moment in my head of them sending out joint christmas cards and bickering over them (which totally happened irl anyway)
Yeah, that's what I got from the "guest" situation. If they send Christmas cards, they are totally joint regardless, given that joint birthday cards are canon.
fancybum
senpai

Lmao if this video sucks (I don’t think it will! I also don’t want to have to eat these words!), Cat’s not going to have an enjoyable day on social media tomorrow. She really wants that credit eh? But uh, no pressure D&P..

Still expecting them to have done a few suggestions, not just yoga, and I’m hoping for like a +30 min video just so I can be disappointed on some level. Where’s the fun if I don’t create my own unrealistic expectations for them to not meet and then maybe blame them for it??
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
scientia
phabergé

Phantasy wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:53 am Tyler Oakley has graduated to full on twunk (from Dan’s likes)...
Man, Tyler is RIPPED these days! His pics have actually motivated me to go to the gym
Also I see that Tyler is already back in the US. Wonder if he even had time to film something with the boys?
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Dan's video theory:
Phil loses a bet and has to carry all of Dan's personal boxes to the moving truck outside, while Dan - and Tyler, who has popped in for a visit - sit on the couch eating popcorn and Haribo admiring the view of a sweaty!muscular!Phil :devious: :tongue:
starwatersong
phabergé

Gordon Ramsay put in his two cents again. Anyone get the reference? (I don’t).
Last edited by mermaid blood on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter code :)
so_cheesy
butt chair

starwatersong wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:41 am Gordon Ramsay put in his two cents again. Anyone get the reference? (I don’t).
Apparently it was an episode of Kitchen Nightmares. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy%27s_Baking_Company
Last edited by mermaid blood on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter code
Ablissa
pastel persona

Um... Oh, I get it. Quotes from the Amy's Baking Company episode. Or some references that I don't get.
liola
rankussy

Having Dan on notifications was the worst decision I could ever make as I proceeded to drop my fucking phone at the beginning of that tweet and get a heart attack. Jesus Dan you love to kill us
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Ablissa wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:51 am Um...
For those who don't know: this is also a reference to the Amy's baking episode of Kitchen Nightmares. It's a notorious episode, and I think the only one where Gordon Ramsay walked out and stopped helping. Amy and her husband were always blaming customers and staff for everything, and complained about being bullied online in blogs, reviews and social media, and later claimed kitchen nightmares purposely portrayed them in a really bad light.

If you're trash like me and sometimes just want to see a total trainwreck, I highly recommend watching that episode of kitchen nightmares.
Ablissa
pastel persona

liola wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:56 am Having Dan on notifications was the worst decision I could ever make as I proceeded to drop my fucking phone at the beginning of that tweet and get a heart attack. Jesus Dan you love to kill us
Same, I got sooo happy for a moment, because lbr it does read like a typical Dan tweet. But then I realized it's a quote :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

A comparison to Amy's Baking Company gotta be the highest level of insult Gordon can give. I'm so proud.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

I just stared at that tweet for a good minute before realizing it must be a reference to something I don't know. Millions of followers trapped inside cat bodies is just amazing :whiskers:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Catallena wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:16 am A comparison to Amy's Baking Company gotta be the highest level of insult Gordon can give. I'm so proud.
Truly and I must say.... hilarious, but wholly undeserved.

liola wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:56 am Having Dan on notifications was the worst decision I could ever make as I proceeded to drop my fucking phone at the beginning of that tweet and get a heart attack. Jesus Dan you love to kill us
OMG, I'm with you. Waking up to that out-of-context notification provided for an intense reaction I am still just coming down from. My heart wasn't ready for that panic.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I had the opposite since the forum on mobile isn’t showing me embedded tweets anymore and I had to go hunting for what it was. It happens to be one of the few episodes of that show I’ve seen, I remember wondering, still do, why they’d got him in to help in the first place. I’m just picturing Dan having to look for the episode to get the whole quote perfectly.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

lol I immediately knew what he was referencing with ABC, which says something about me... what an iconic episode. otherwise that tweet would have sent me spiraling too lol
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Jesus Christ I'm taking Dan off notifications, he almost gave me a heart attack
I legit woke up and went to check my phone still half-asleep because I'm waiting on an important e-mail and I read "Daniel Howell: he is my soulmate and" and I legit got up so fast I still don't know how I did that and kept reading and staring at it because half of it was THAT and half didn't make sense? Then I opened the notification and I felt my soul leave my body when I got the reference.
I'm still calming down and idk if I want to throttle him or congratulate him :lol:

edit: how fun too that I read the bullies and the 'stay strong' part and my mind went to "did someone leak something and this is his reaction? I'm going to HUNT them down"
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

lmfao that tweet. i have all replies turned off on notifs, so i'm fine, no heart attack here.
but i must say, it does fit pretty perfectly with them and the phandom lol.
i'm stoked as damn for the new vid today!
i seen on tumblr someone said "ditl of giving the people what they want" and though it's less possible than just a yoga vid, i still really like that idea.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Here's the reference btw: I really hope that we do get a Yoga video though I fear for the gif makers on tumblr who gif every single touch and eye contact. They might just have heart attack.
phillyforgot
butt chair

Maybe Dan and Phil are doing some other kinds of exercises? A lot of them end up in plenty of muscle pain, especially when you're bad at them (ouch!).
Loafer
sofa crease

I’m guessing maybe...Dan’s video starts by him talking lightheartedly about his struggle making videos, so he decided to give the viewers what they want and let us make requests/suggestions,, showing his tweet and a mountain of suggestions, and then the video mainly is him and Phil doing a handful of viewer requests (including the yoga challenge). End with tying the whole “give the people what they want” theme to ii.

Though I’m hoping for 20 minutes of partner yoga.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

So I actually didn't know what exactly is the yoga challenge and went on youtube to investigate. I saw that LaurDIY did it with her boyfriend and man... if they actually do that.. I might die :lol: straight up might die.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
autumnhearth
senpai

Loafer wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:24 pm I’m guessing maybe...Dan’s video starts by him talking lightheartedly about his struggle making videos, so he decided to give the viewers what they want and let us make requests/suggestions,, showing his tweet and a mountain of suggestions, and then the video mainly is him and Phil doing a handful of viewer requests (including the yoga challenge). End with tying the whole “give the people what they want” theme to ii.

Though I’m hoping for 20 minutes of partner yoga.
That’s basically my thoughts as well :thumb:

I would be happy with either, but if giving the people what they want somehow became a short series, that would be great. Unlikely, but great.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i think dan might upload in the next hour and a half (at the very least, please)
I'm having such warm feelings with this
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He might just be sharing his exercise routine, if it's exercise-related at all (goodness knows what else could have made Phil pull so many muscles). Or maybe DDR again if not Just Dance? I suggested that, amongst others (unrelated to couply yoga).
fancybum
senpai

What if they actually listened to all the suggestions to fight? Is mud wrestling a step too far? (Actually, knowing Phil, jello would be more likely).

Lowkey worried about fanservice discourse to follow depending on what they do, but maybe it’ll be a good indicator of how tense to be about the entire tour? It’s going to be a long year..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me