Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

I will always prefer how (natural?) they are on their gaming channel vs the presenter-personas they use on their main channels, especially on dinof.
Reacting to PINOF1 was the hardest part of the video to get through for me, but the video got better afterwards. The yoga was hilarious and the Manchester part was a little emotional (did they film that part before asking for video ideas?).

Overall the video left me happy and sad because it seemed like they were ending a chapter, not just selling a tour.

The end just made me even sadder i am not able to go to the tour.
Last edited by malday on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sadshrew
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

I was in bed about to go to sleep when they dropped the video, but after watching it I have abandoned all hope of ever falling asleep because I'm crying happy giddy tears and having a crisis. Tag yourself I'm Phil saying fuck because I can't believe this is a thing that now exists on Dan's main channel and not on ao3.
deadcrush
smol bean
Pronouns: she/they

I'm still very behind on reading all the posts, but I have to say that it was immediately one of my favorite videos they've uploaded... idk it just reminded me of all the joy these two dorks have given me in last couple years <3
(and sorry if this didn't make sense, I'm still a complete emotional mess and I can't properly think)
hear all the bombs fade away
firsttimeposter
living flop

This video.. oh man. So Good. For some reason, it kinda scared me too though?? Like, didn't it feel like Such An End Of An Era? They tied up all the loose ends, they said goodbye to Manchester, they reacted to the most famous of all videos (which was a bit too iconic to be in a montage of things imo), they literally did what we wanted them to do most, and now? What's left? Crumbles.

Some things made me shift a bit as well, like the whole talk about dogs.. really sounded like "what about you phil? What about your Individual future, r ya gonna get a dog in this future of yours?", it sounded very separate. It completely blew a whole in my dreams of their dog-future together lmao fuck that's sad.

This vid was iconic though, never have I ever felt this many emotions at once. They're really giving it their all (even if I feel as though this might be All). I actually smiled through the whole thing holding in tears, the yoga thing was top-comedy and dan looked amazing in those pants, I'm So Glad they're giving more bloopers/extended scenes of the Manchester ditl on phils channel, can't wait for those, they kept making eye contact and saying nothing which made me feel a bit awkward but oh look at that kind of love, phil saying 'even you' about the improvement of glitter on dan makes it sound like phil thinks dan is already 100% perfect and that's Also a special kind of love.

Wow I have a lot more to say, cause this video was everything. Let's leave it as this for now. Wooebfjd.
Last edited by firsttimeposter on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

they gave us exactly what i wanted and now i don't know what to do with it im in shock (but the best kind of shock)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I can't actually wrap my mind around how good that video was. Even the parts I was dreading (pinof reaction) ended up being delightful. and the yoga! manchester! dog! UGH!

pinof react was still prob my least favorite but that's like saying the chocolate cake with chocolate icing is my least favorite kind of cake, meaning i will express that preference while still stuffing my face with it and asking for seconds.
DatCog
blobfish

I’ve been feeling less than enthusiastic about the tour recently but my god that video has got me so excited again....arghhh Brighton is less than 2 weeks away, can’t wait!!! I might even keep my tickets for Plymouth and not sell them as I planned, even though I could really do with the cash :D

Going to watch Phil saying fuck on a loop for the rest of the evening.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Oh man... i'm getting emotional

Yeah @malday i feel you on it feels like a closing chapter and the sadness that i can't go to the tour... but wow what memories have been made. It feels bittersweet.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

malday wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 pmOverall the video left me happy and sad because it seemed like they were ending a chapter, not just selling a tour.
I kind of got the same feeling, but in a happy way? It felt less like they were closing something off, as much as it felt like they were saying, "This is who we are now. We're comfortable being this open." So the chapter closed is one of... distance, and repression, and holding themselves back.
starwatersong
phabergé

By the way, I also look forward to the reading the expanded two flats theory with the additional backgrounds we received today.
liola
rankussy

firsttimeposter wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 pm This video.. oh man. So Good. For some reason, it kinda scared me too though?? Like, didn't it feel like Such An End Of An Era? They tied up all the loose ends, they said goodbye to Manchester, they reacted to the most famous of all videos (which was a bit too iconic to be in a montage of things imo), they literally did what we wanted them to do most, and now? What's left? Crumbles.

Some things made me shift a bit as well, like the whole talk about dogs.. really sounded like "what about you phil? What about your Individual future, r ya gonna get a dog in this future of yours?", it sounded very separate. It completely blew a whole in my dreams of their dog-future together lmao fuck that's sad.
I actually didn't feel like that at all! I think it was even enough of a THING that they talked about it as a possibility? I mean, it's on Dan's channel, i'm actually surprised they even got just as silly and free with sexual jokes and not once pushed the haha bros no homo jokes. If anything this is the first time I think they talked about the possibility of getting a dog in a main video that isn't a liveshow or the gaming channel, and it was either phrasing it like that, kinda evasive, or straight up asking "are we adopting a dog after tour?"

They even think of their relationship as 10 years long, they seem almost eager to be able to say they've been together (a friends, partners or whatever one think) for TEN years. Like it's barely been 8, calm down! :mrgreen:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

(first time poster in the main threads hi)

I'm honestly shocked by how much I adored that video? I expected it to be really cringey and tense and yet they seemed to genuinely enjoy most of it? a few jokes here and there but like they seemed to be open and happy and having fun and watching it was such a joy for me. I agree that it feels a bit like the end of a chapter, but a lot like a step forward in this continuous "2018 dan and phil" evolution, I suppose.
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
dancy
procrastinator

I take back every negative thing I've ever said about them because that was such an insanely satisfying video which I'm probably gonna watch about a million times :stan: And there's gonna be another trailer and more pictures of the set and vlogs on Phil's channel, I'm living!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

During the pinof bit, when 2009!Phil leans on 2009!Dan’s chest.... and 2018!deppy didn’t comment at all. I’m STILL REELING.
moaninglisa
drama llama

firsttimeposter wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 pm Some things made me shift a bit as well, like the whole talk about dogs.. really sounded like "what about you phil? What about your Individual future, r ya gonna get a dog in this future of yours?", it sounded very separate. It completely blew a whole in my dreams of their dog-future together lmao fuck that's sad.
same. i've been having this strange hunch for a while and i thought i was just being pessimistic for no reason at all, but it really looks like some things are changing after the tour. which feels really weird because just last year they seemed so... together? i don't know how to put it. like they wanted to build a life together but now it's the total opposite.
-i just realized i'm a drama llama. how fitting.
Last edited by moaninglisa on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parallel
phabergé

oh my god i think i died. i don't think i can even type out my thoughts right now i'm too. wow. WOW.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

This video is now part of my morning routine. This video gets rewatched every single day. This video will single-handedly cure my depression.

I'm... shook? Like if I was upset to be missing the tour before, I definitely am now. I spent most of this video just rewinding endlessly. I didn't know what to expect but this is instantly a favorite video :stan:

PINOF reaction reminded me of how much I love the little noise Dan made when he was tackled. They looked so incredibly good wearing each other's clothes, esp. Phil in all black (although let's be real, they looked incredible this entire video :love2:) DITL recreation was nostalgic and super sweet. Yoga... :philtrash: Dogs... are dogs. Perfect. And Phil swearing? God, I wish he would more.

Basically, I'm content beyond belief. This turned my day from bad to great, real quick. :blackheart: this does feel like the end of deppy being closed off and stuck in the past; seeing how they look now, how open they are... it seems like 20gayteen is blessing us again. Honestly what a time to be part of the phandom, I love you guys I'm so full of emotions fuuuck

oh, and a quick special mention the little stripe of natural hair peeking through in Phil's quiff- that alone made the video :garbage:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
sadshrew
tol bean

firsttimeposter wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 pm

I wouldn't read too much into his choice of words there. He did refer to their life earlier in the video. I think they were redrawing some of their boundaries with this vid, and Dan sometimes backtracks a bit in the process as he searches for a balance that he's comfortable with. I would place more weight on the fact that they filmed in Manchester and acknowledged places of significance that ring a bell if you're invested in them as a couple. The wheel, Manchester macchiatos, these are not part of their official branding, these are part of their shared personal history that they never meant to share with us. They didn't have to acknowledge them but they did it anyway, and they did it on Dan's main channel.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

i'm trying to sleep because it's late here but i keep hearing dan's voice in my head saying "meet the new member of the family" when introducing the dog.
like look i know that right after he said they were just kidding but that sentence did things to my heart
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

moaninglisa wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:37 pm
firsttimeposter wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 pm Some things made me shift a bit as well, like the whole talk about dogs.. really sounded like "what about you phil? What about your Individual future, r ya gonna get a dog in this future of yours?", it sounded very separate. It completely blew a whole in my dreams of their dog-future together lmao fuck that's sad.
same. i've been having this strange hunch for a while and i thought i was just being pessimistic for no reason at all, but it really looks like some things are changing after the tour. which feels really weird because just last year they seemed so... together? i don't know how to put it. like they wanted to build a life together but now it's the total opposite.
They were nothing but more open in this video than they've ever been. Dan talks about a new member of "the family" and how this isn't the right time for a dog in "our life" - I don't see how fully acknowledging that the life they live together is theirs somehow means less than the comments you're mentioning. Dan and Phil both regularly use singular terms for things they both do that we know they both do. That's kind of human nature; if I go somewhere with my best friend I might still say "I went" and not "we went" when talking to someone else. I have a roommate, sometimes I say I want to go home or to "my house" and not "our house." To selectively decide that you can tell the state of their relationship/long term plans based on that just feels like confirmation biased towards the separation you're already anticipating/afraid of.

I mean - everyone is absolutely welcome to their interpretation, I just genuinely don't get how that video was a huge example of anything but how committed and together they are (in whatever way you want to interpret the togetherness). I can't imagine anyone look at how radiantly happy those guys are right now and seeing the worst case scenario.
saffarinda
truth bomb

i haven’t been on idb in awhile but,, y’all thinking dnp are seperating after this tour smh. the only sense of finalisation within the vid came from maybe the fact that they’ll probs never do another proper tour after this and the old dnp era is finally coming to a conclusion.

but other than that? nah.

i think a lot of people get surprised when they refer to themselves as seperate people and think it alludes to deeper problems but, honestly, it’d be unhealthy if they felt they had to be a unit 24/7 and didn’t think of themselves as individuals. even married people think of themselves as individuals. it doesn’t imply a brand or irl seperation at any point in the near future.

anyways, i loved the video and it lowkey makes me wanna buy a ticket for another show hMm...
25/04/2017 - #blessed
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

radlad?
ratlaaaad???
RATLAD?
oh my fucking god, he fuckin dead.
hi, I'm trying to process everything.
um excuse me, what? they didn't have to mention the big wheel or caramel macchiatos, that was from a certain video we weren't supposed to see. but they knew.

my wig has evaporated, honestly.
just... y'all know what happened in the vid.
far too much.

and to those who are saying that it was "anti-phan" when they talked about the dog, i just wanna know if we were watching the same video?
dan literally teabagged phil with his neck.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

I just wanna say, to those of you worried or concerned about this being the end of an era. I understand change can be a scary thing.

But try to remember that TATINOF was in its own way the end of an era too and since then the changes have been nothing but positive.
The Dan and Phil who began touring in 2015/2016 would have never have done the things we saw in this video.
They wouldn’t have done couples yoga, (they wouldn’t even hold hands or link arms in a 3 legged DDR Challenge).
They wouldn’t have reacted to PINOF1
They wouldn’t have worn each other’s clothes and complimented each other on it (they were trying to deny that they’ve ever shared clothes at all)
They would never have acknowledged how important the Manchester Eye and that Starbucks in Manchester were to them given that anyone whose seen the V-day video or old tweets will think of it.
Heck, just earlier today Dan insinuated (even if it was only through a joke/quote) that Phil was his soulmate.
They wouldn’t have used plurals for the majority of the dog talk.

It might be the end of an era. But just because things are changing doesn’t mean it won’t bring good things. :respekt2:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm legit so shook and delighted I have no words, I'm a mess rn
Thank you god for blessing us this day
fuck me, now I need to find a way (and money) to go to tiit
they better release the final tbc dates soon (each day that passes makes it look more like it isn't going to happen :cry: )
drearyquery
drama llama

Dropping in after months to say I laughed at Phil trying to explain the couples yoga challenge without saying the word couple (reminiscent of boyfriend buys my clothes)

Also- I might have missed something but what are the new decorations in Phil’s closet?