Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sadshrew
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

I really am here at 2 am contemplating on booking a trip to the neighbouring country because my country's leg of the tour is sold out. I regret watching the video, I didn't want to know how much I want this.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Okay I loved this video but I had to laugh at the Manchester bit. By filming it when they went to visit friends they can now write that off as a business expense. Get that free trip!
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

As well as the massive green Sharpie in Phil’s room from the Tatinof set, I’m pretty sure the big lit-up P on his dressing table is from the front of his shopping trolley from the crafty corner bit.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

drearyquery wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:02 pm Dropping in after months to say I laughed at Phil trying to explain the couples yoga challenge without saying the word couple (reminiscent of boyfriend buys my clothes)

Also- I might have missed something but what are the new decorations in Phil’s closet?
dan said on twitter that the decorations were tatinof props, i guess they decided to shove em in the storage room!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
anonymousdork
delia smith

*contributes only incoherent screaming*
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

I just came to say that I’m actually dead and I cannot wipe this grin off my face and that was amazing! <3 :stan: it was indeed what the people wanted

I cried at the Manchester bit (like, they actually mentioned the wheel)

Also, I made my bf watch it on my second viewing and he BOUGHT TICKETS! We’re going to the ATL show which happens to be on our 12 year anniversary so I really didn’t think it was going to happen :love1:
Reizam
butt chair

THIS VIDEO IS EVERYTHING I COULD HAVE WANTED.

Wow. I already had high expectations for the video as I thought it'd be just the yoga challenge, but this TOTALLY exceeding them beyond what I thought! Any of those things alone would have been a good video by itself, but all of them crammed into one is just pure goodness.

Phil cursing (not just the f-bomb, the way he said "christ" during the yoga bit was too damn relatable for me) and the last yoga pose had me rolling. Dan yelling "pause that shit!" made me laugh even harder.

Manchester was so lovely and nostalgic, it made me feel all mushy inside.

And to top it all off, THEY LOOKED AMAZING. I actually had to pause and step away in the first few seconds because Phil was blinding me with his beauty. And then later on I had to pause AGAIN due to Dan blinding me with his beauty.

In short, this video both made me laugh and warm my heart. Definitely a top 5 favourite.
yeetussy
glabella

I eat my words entirely

speaking of, has anyone seen my wig? Cuz she’s flown off somewhere and idk where
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

yeetussy wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:51 pm I eat my words entirely

speaking of, has anyone seen my wig? Cuz she’s flown off somewhere and idk where
i am glad that all of your worries have flown off with your wig, my friend.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

Phil's 'room' looks more like a set each time.

I'm living for that video. The yoga part. I'm dead.
headaches
placenta

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:27 pm
malday wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 pmOverall the video left me happy and sad because it seemed like they were ending a chapter, not just selling a tour.
I kind of got the same feeling, but in a happy way? It felt less like they were closing something off, as much as it felt like they were saying, "This is who we are now. We're comfortable being this open." So the chapter closed is one of... distance, and repression, and holding themselves back.
i agree with this and think this video was kinda the finale to “amazingphil and danisnotonfire” and after/during(?) the tour we will get to see more “daniel howell” and “phil lester”. im sure everything will be fine and happy in 2019 and theyll still be together (i promise). i mean, phils shirt literally says “bright future” :P
httpixel
placenta

I can't even think of the right words to describe how much I loved this video! Funny, reminiscent, cute... truly the video to end all videos. Also, if anything, this video made me realize how much phil's "room" looks like a set. I mean... It's literally a closet + some props..

Manchester and yoga bits were definitely the best in my opinion! However, I don't understand why so many people hate the Pinof reaction? I agree that some things should be left untouched, but I thought it was fine. Cute how they talked about how the tackle could have been dangerous and didn't even comment on Phil putting his head to Dan's chest. I really loved every second of this video!!

Also, door slam at 5:07? Any thoughts on this?
annabanana
sofa crease

I have watched the video 3 times and have been scrolling through tumblr gifs for the past hour and still can't believe the video is an actual thing that actually happened. they hooked me within the first minute when they said they just want us to know them as daniel howell and phil lester, not the personas YES YES YES YES this is what I truly want

...also my face hurts from smiling
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
hello9217
flower crown

Well damn boys it worked. I was so iffy about whether or not to go to a show bc TATINOF, as iconic as it was, was also super cringe for me to watch online. This show seems like a total step in the right direction for where it seems deppy want to be. I really want to be apart of something like II, it just seems like it will be an amazing experience.

As an aside, it's kind of funny that people are picking out one part of the video and saying "well the tour marks the end of them." How about Dan replying to someone and saying that the sharpie in Phil's room is a prop from tour? Like Phil is so generous to not only take the smallest bedroom but to also allow crap to be stored in it as well. How about them talking about Manchester macchiatos and the wheel? They didn't even go on the wheel in the original ditl but the people part of the phandom know fully well how important the wheel and caramel macchiatos are to deppy. There were such subtle shout outs that people in the phandom will truly know what they mean. Soz mate I'm not taking one comment about dan asking phil if he wants a dog as sign of the end.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

HOLY SHIT. THEY DELIVERED. :stan:

That video was... a lot. A lot of good things. But a lot. I'm not even sure whether I'm alive?? Let's test with some attempts at sarcastic commentary jokes:

- "We wanna connect with you as people." Sounds fake but ok. :shrug:
- For a hot second I thought Daniel had rubbed off on Phil but thank god. No Philip, still just Phil.
- They just wanna please us. But also themselves so buy tickets plz. Genius spon strategy.
- Does Phil just fill that 'bedroom' of his with old props? Not a set at all :thumb:
- "What a mistake."
- jk but I was genuinely scared of that PINOF reaction, I have been for YEARS. But nothing bad happend, thank you 2018.
- Not the first time Phil has pointed out how much hair he used to have. dw sweetie, your hairline is charming :bruh:
- I cackled when they talked about PINOF's editing because the phandom literally put that video back into the right order just by looking at smudged sharpie whiskers and the position of pillows.
- 2009!Phil cutely leaning into 2009!Dan's chest and y'all comment on the tongue thing??? Probably for the best, but bruh.
- I bet Dan made at least half of that mess on the floor, fucking around on Dailybooth and whatnot.
- I legit paused the video for 5 whole minutes after Dan's 'WAIT A MINUTE' at the iconic tackle hug. I was that scared :')
- "Why did you do that??" He just wanted to do cute coupley shit, geez Dan. Don't suddenly pretend you didn't love it.
- Never thought Phil was innocent, but please tell me more about those things you've seen~
- New apartment angle?
- Phil whipping around the 'crotch slapper' like it's a :dildo:
- EXACTLY DAN! Phil in looks good in monochrome because he IS monochrome.
- "Everything is improved with a bit of glitter Dan. Even you." Next PINOF I'm gonna request that Phil poors a jar of glitter over Dan's head. Improvement! :ribena:
- Dan's WOO! is a mood.
- "What's an old video people liked?" The ones you deleted unlisted.
- We're all so predictable that they were able to film the Manchester bit in advance before ever asking the question.
- THE WHEEL AND MACHIATTOS AND JUST STAB ME IN THE HEART. :happytears:
- I genuinely felt a bit sad when they said they probably would never come back here and it's dumb cause duh of course they wouldn't but them saying goodbye like that to the Manchester apartment just fucking HIT me. And it's been YEARS.
- Phil explaining the Yoga Challenge without saying the word couple was highly amusing.
- "I'm just gonna put my ass in the air and hope for the best." - Phil Lester, 2018. What dark time line?? :ASs:
- I can't believe the bottom!Phil side of the NSFW tag on Tumblr won. He said it.
- Dan willingly putting his head between Phil legs. Balls in his neck. Just a normal day right?
- I care about your happiness Phil!! If I wasn't I'd tell you to get a cat~
- Them playing with the dog was the purest content tho.
- That entire rant about why he doesn't swear and nothing about demonetization? Capita£ester has let me down. :(
- brb, making a soundclip of Phil saying 'fuck' my phone's message tone.
- #spon to end all #spons. The stage set seems awesome though! And the show itself sounds a lot less cringe than TATINOF.

I'm glad I bought that cheap balcony ticket back in November because I think I would've wanted to throw money at them after this video anyway. I'm so weak :')

And we're getting some kind 'behind the scenes day in the life vloggy action' on Phil's channel soon-ish? Who are these assholes, delivering quality content we want and shit??? I feel overstimulated, in a non kinky but still fun kinda way.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
karma_yeah
philussy

I've only just watched the video, i'm behind 6 pages of IDB, and my daughter has given me a drink wayyyy tooooo strong!!

But I want to tell you all -- this video is why I LOVE them.

I genuinely love and respect them.

How do they manage to do the things they do, say the things they say, and yet somehow appear "wholesome" to me? Because they genuinely LOVE one another (however you conceive that to be ) -- that's how!

I am wayyyyy old. Probably older than 99% of you. I've seen a lot in my years, and their love, yes LOVE (however you conceive that to be ), for one another is sincere. It is real. And I truly appreciate them.
What goes around, comes around Image
thesadassassin
dank meme

i was really skeptical to come on this website after the video coz it takes one negative comment to ruin the whole video so please if you have something negative to say, put it under a spoiler coz i dont want this gem ruined for me. and im also resisting the urge to watch the video again so i dont overplay it and can save it for years to come.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

Not gonna lie, I was bracing myself for the worst when I got the notification and saw the title & the thumbnail, but. WOW. I mean. Let's just say that suddenly, I'm not regretting anymore the 100 euros I'll spend on traveling to Amsterdam to see the show in addition to the ticket's price :lol:

Personal highlights:
- Phil being offended by Dan's "what a mistake" about pinof1
- Dan's reaction after realising they've been together for 10 years (take it as you want, but that's exactly how I mean it, I don't understand why people think they're separating or something. Like, look at them? :love2: )
- Dan's "top or bottom" glance to the camera, while Phil is laughing hysterically in the background. When you pause it, it feels like it encompasses all of Dan's pain from reading comments about phan for the last 10 years, I'm so uncomfortable :lol:
- Deppy being cute & happy with the doggo. I felt like Dan got a little bitter (idk) at the start of the dog bit for some reason, but then he forgot about everything and they were just so happy and so... themselves with the dog, it's literally too much :happytears:
- Sketches and notes of the set. Yes, give me that behind the scenes stuff, I want to see deppy being all professional

If I were to find something I didn't like as much as the rest (mind you, I really have to strain myself here), I'd say I could've done without the last yoga pose, or even without the whole yoga bit, like some people are struggling with pinof reaction. But to each their own, I guess. For different reasons, I just have more problems with their "forced" physical interactions, as I also do with physical fanservice (I am NOT using this word in relation to deppy, just in general). But I agree that in any case, this video - and probably the tour itself - is a redrawing of their boundaries, and in a big way. I actually have a very good feeling about all of this, and it feels so nice for once, especially after all the Dan-related drama lately.

edit: also, what hello9217 said :ribena:
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
fancybum
senpai

hello9217 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 am How about them talking about Manchester macchiatos and the wheel? They didn't even go on the wheel in the original ditl but the people part of the phandom know fully well how important the wheel and caramel macchiatos are to deppy. There were such subtle shout outs that people in the phandom will truly know what they mean.
I think this is an iffy way of looking at it. I don’t think they’d realistically be giving some kind of special shout out to fans who engage(d) in their unfortunate breach of privacy as some kind of fun thing. Like that those were objectively important things to them is enough of a reason to mention them without feeling the need to censor it just because certain people may think of another place they’ve been mentioned before almost a decade ago (like maybe the details of that vid are not ever-present on their minds in the way it is for some fans so them mentioning something related to it is just them.. mentioning something related to their actual lives.. and not some kind of wink that they’re totally cool with people knowing too many things about them they didn’t willingly share).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
autumnhearth
senpai

So who wants to tell those Interactive Idiots that they’ve only known each other for 8 and a half years (in person, but still not quite 9 from the time they started chatting)? My son was born in July 2009, he will be turning 9 just before we see them on tour. Just because it will be pinof 10 later this year does not equal ten years. Maths.
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:27 pm
malday wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 pmOverall the video left me happy and sad because it seemed like they were ending a chapter, not just selling a tour.
I kind of got the same feeling, but in a happy way? It felt less like they were closing something off, as much as it felt like they were saying, "This is who we are now. We're comfortable being this open." So the chapter closed is one of... distance, and repression, and holding themselves back.
I hope you are right. I guess it says something if they felt comfortable enough to use that thumbnail on a video on Dan's main channel.
willowgarden
squish

Have you ever seen a dog pee in a roughly triangular shape around something it owns?

It marks its territory.
It says, this is mine, not yours.

~They know we cherish the PINOF tackle.
~They know we remember Phil's tweeted threats to chain himself to the wheel when it came down.
~They know that there are certain dark corners of the internet - aherm - where topping/bottoming, and assigning Dan as much moon energy as possible, generates pages of discussion.
~They know we're curious about us, we, ours, the forever home, the forever dog, the forever family.
~They know we heard "their molecules are touching" over a shared hat in a liveshow, and it inspired thoughts of shared beds, clothes, backpacks, vacations.
~They know we want to know the layout of the apartment.

They know we know.
They peed in a circle around all that crap.
We gonna bring it up again, they gonna say, "asked and answered," no embarrassments, and turn away right quick.

Well played. Smile and wave, boys, smile and wave.
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
karma_yeah
philussy

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:05 am So who wants to tell those Interactive Idiots that they’ve only known each other for 8 and a half years (in person, but still not quite 9 from the time they started chatting)? My son was born in July 2009, he will be turning 9 just before we see them on tour. Just because it will be pinof 10 later this year does not equal ten years. Maths.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ikr!! Math R Us

Again, all I can say is how dearly much I LOVE them, and appreciate the glimpse they've given us me into what it could be like had I met my soulmate in this lifetime (yes, I live vicariously).

,And :deppy:, if you are lurking (I'm sure you have better things to do), I just want to say :thankyou: from the bottom of my old, not quite dead yet, heart.
What goes around, comes around Image
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

yikes i haven’t rly been into dnp lately so i sold my ticket for their show it was vip and could i regret it more after that video ... yes :(

phil swearing literally made
me feel weird like even though i KNOW he swears all the time it was just so weird to finally hear it lol
willowgarden
squish

willowgarden wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:29 am Have you ever seen a dog pee in a roughly triangular shape around something it owns?

It marks its territory.
It says, this is mine, not yours.

~They know we cherish the PINOF tackle.
~They know we remember Phil's tweeted threats to chain himself to the wheel when it came down.
~They know that there are certain dark corners of the internet - aherm - where topping/bottoming, and assigning Dan as much moon energy as possible, generates pages of discussion.
~They know we're curious about us, we, ours, the forever home, the forever dog, the forever family.
~They know we heard "their molecules are touching" over a shared hat in a liveshow, and it inspired thoughts of shared beds, clothes, backpacks, vacations.
~They know we want to know the layout of the apartment.

They know we know.
They peed in a circle around all that crap.
We gonna bring it up again, they gonna say, "asked and answered," no embarrassments, and turn away right quick.

Well played. Smile and wave, boys, smile and wave.
Shows up with coffee five minutes later on my own goddamn post: And another thing!

We wonder why people want to see us in each other's clothes. Surprise! But glitter and light absorbing funerary, listen at our laughter. We can do the yoga challenge (let Phil stop waggling his fingrr like a dick first). Jeezus! And we love dogs. Who doesn't? Watch us play with these dogs! Gif the shit out of this dog love. Yes, you gif that run over the fountain wall, here's some more domestic bants as Dan warns him not to fall in like the exasperated guys who's loved him, in whatever capacity, for years.

Are you entertained? We're friends. We love each other. Let's keep moving folks, nothing to see here.

We good. Got other stuff to talk about?! :platonic:
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut