Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

I love the grey wash of the denim jacket, but I’ve never worn a denim jacket in my adult life. I’d need a mirror to try it on at the booth, plus umm the money. So I don’t see it happening for me personally, but thumbs up for the design choice. I was looking forward to the cloudy grey, but was worried about the bit of red on it, it’s okay, but I’ll probably pass. The long sleeve shirt is a cool design, but I doubt I’d look good in it. I’ve finally decided that I just don’t like how I look in the Manchester charity shirt. I think it’s to do with the high narrow collar and my neck/face. Our family doesn’t need another pair of plushies so soon and Phil’s has fringe so it’s obsolete. Most likely my son will ask for the cap or a lanyard (I don’t like lanyards myself but :shrug: ) or maybe just a black flower crown.

@MythicalPinkTrashCan I’m also worried about the lighting, my migraines aren’t that debilitating, but that infinity tunnel looks like a headache and a half, even if it is just projected. I would appreciate general feedback on this from folks attending the first few shows. Though I might just have close my eyes and look down for a bit. Hopefully there are not long periods of flashing or brightness.
dancy
procrastinator

Oh my, Dan and Phil finally having merch that I like? I'm in shock! And I need that demin jacket! It's a shame the Phil plushies still have the fringe but I guess they were already made before he changed his hairstyle.
kavat
pastel persona

Oooh I really like all of the merch. I'm going to have to give myself a budget to not buy one of everything. That jacket is very nice.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yikes, a third set of plushies! What do they do to me? I’ll be buying those, I’m pretty sure, though I saw my other four on my bookshelves and realised I’d forgotten I had them since I moved them into that room (also houses the computer and apparently I don’t look at the shelves much from there. I need to art more, that table is next to it). I really like the hexagonal design so I’m a little torn between the long-sleeved top and the marble tshirt. Normally I wouldn’t do grey or marble at all, but I’m a bit uneasy with the idea of walking down the road with “give the people what they want” on the back. I’m not overjoyed that the poster is that scared-looking photo, I was hoping for something new (and the scared schtick is annoying), but a tour poster would be nice. It’s a good mix of stuff.
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

I love that the merch has both very obviously tour related things, and some more subtle things. I personally wouldn't buy the tshirt or hoodie just because I don't really like walking around with logos on my clothing, but I know some people who definitely would. I love love love the jean jacket, though I'm not sure it would be worth the price in canadian dollars. the plushies are adorable and I want them so much. am I the only one who isn't big on the marble tshirt though? idk I find it very busy looking, though I'm not big on marble looks in general.

overall, I'm really glad they seem to be stepping away from the type of merch with their faces on it to something I would actually wear out in public :thumb:
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
Foofie
smol bean

Anyone thinking that Alfie and Zoe may go to show in Brighton? I could see Alfie potentially going. If so, maybe some extra D&P goodness in Alfie's vlog!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I like the merch, but probably not enough to actually give my money to them. We'll see how I feel when the show comes around 8-)

btw, casual announcement that we're archiving all of D&P's instagram adventures into daily compilations (edited by yours truly) uploaded on our new YouTube channel. Whether you happen to miss some during the day or just wanna look back on the good times in the future, I hope this makes it easier to find and view everything. You can find the compilation archive here.

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:11 am
Catallena wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 pm I tried to fill out the form but I never got my email confirmation so I can only assume Deppy fear me and my ideas. :shrug:
Amsterdam evening show, right?
I got the email but after looking at Tumblr, I decided I'm not funny enough. If you don't mind getting credited as Susan, pm me your answers and I'll send them in for you :D
You're a sweetie :love2: Apparently the website is discriminatory against @live.com address sometimes, so I'll try it with a gmail account if I get some inspiration soon.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Philena
blobfish

Foofie wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:13 pm Anyone thinking that Alfie and Zoe may go to show in Brighton? I could see Alfie potentially going. If so, maybe some extra D&P goodness in Alfie's vlog!
I definitely think Z and A could be a possibility. Definitely Sophie and PJ. Excited to see all the pics.

Also, I didn't realize that I needed a shirtless Phil in bed talking to me until last night. :ribena:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:05 pm Loving the IG stories so far! Hoping we get a sneak of the set next.

I do fear bedgate 2.0 will grow tiring. The WITL bed issue wasn’t as there was content for us to work with.
Every time there is a photo or video with a bed in I immediately die a little inside as I know when I log into anything phandom related there will be long analysis of something that means nothing (to me anyways, I couldn’t give 2 shits where they sleep) 😂

I have been thinking today, I wonder why they decided to instagram story from the start of the tour. Is this a way to make limited video content not so bad? Part of me thinks the tour is maybe sponsored by Instagram! I’ll be interested to see the first m&g photos and if an Instagram logo appears on the back board!

Oh and also, I love the tour merch. It’s so much more mature than usual and it’s great not having their faces plastered over everything. I love the II hoodie, it’s so discretely Dan and Phil related. I think I might be cheeky and wait to buy any merch though until the tour is over because they’ll be selling it in the sale 😂😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

im not looking for a gaming video tonight (obviously?? uh they're busy as hell? and i couldn't be any more happier for them)
but i've been trying to remember the last time they posted lmao
maybe they'll upload one after the first show.
i can't wait to see what game series they've recorded for us. i hope it's an actual game like Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes or Getting Over It and not some google game (although i don't mind those, i just wanna watch them struggle playing something actually challenging)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

So are we thinking its likely that they will sell the tour merch online for a cheaper price after its all said and done? Did they do that after tatinof?

I really really love that denim jacket but its so expensive (about $85 american according to google yikes) and I'll be seeing them in the middle of summer so it would be a pretty impractical purchase for that time of year anyway. So i would be fine with passing on it at the time and just getting the marble shirt if i knew there was a good chance i could still get it later.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Add me to the list of people loving the merch. I'm not going to the tour myself - being closer to 40 than 30 I'd stick out like a sore thumb (no thank you), but I'd totally have bought some of this if I had. I wonder if this more mature look is partly because a chunk of their audience has aged (as well as general aesthetic reasons)? I know even in my late 20s I'd never have bought a lot of their TATINOF merch, but I'd get some of this even now.

I personally really love the denim jacket. It's not my personal style but I do think it looks really good. I would have definitely have picked up the black t-shirt with the tour dates on though, had I been attending. It's not a shirt I would wear, but I do collect shirts like that because I plan to make a quilt one day from band/event t-shirts (logos one side, dates on the reverse) and it would have been a nice addition to it.

Like many of you, I wish the plushy had Phil's new hair, though understand why it doesn't considering how long it takes to make this in general based on what they've said when talking about the pastel plushies.

@huphilpuffs I agree about the marble shirt. I think the main issue is that the colour is too dark. If it was a little lighter the logo would have popped against it more - though it would have then been harder to see the dates that surround it in white. Hopefully that's one that looks better in person.
blackdenim
procrastinator

I'm salty about the merch cos I literally just bought a black denim jacket this week and now I hardcore want this one too. It'd be great to walk around in a jacket that said INTROVERT on it when everyone who's ever met me for longer than about 3 minutes knows I'm as extroverted as they come.

EDIT - I just remembered what my username is on here. This is my most #onbrand comment ever.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Anyone suggest anything fun?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I suggested Motherlover by The Lonely Island as a joke because there will be a lot of Mums in the audience. please don’t look up that song if you’re easily offended.

The things that will get picked are pretty predictable if you ask me:
harry styles, panic, fob, something rappy, something from hamilton or greatest showman, bts song, a dodie track, something edgy that dan is into, a Radiohead song.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
nla
smol bean

I'm loving the ig stories and the new merch, especially the denim jacket. I don't know if it would be best for me to buy it at the venue (that is if they even come lmao) or wait for the post tour sale. I guess it depends on the conversion rate at the time.

Bitter rant about the TBC dates under the cut :sideeye:
Would it kill them to give us any news about the TBC dates? Like, are they still on? Are they cancelled? I mean, they never mention them anymore and didn't put them on the tour t-shirt, so :shrug:

If the TBC dates end up happening are they going to make new t-shirts or are they going to try and get us to buy t-shirts that don't even have our tour dates on them?

I guess I'm salty because I saved up the money to buy tickets on Christmas/ New Years (when they said they would go on sale), but it's April now and I spent part of that money so now I don't even now if I'll be able to afford it even if they do come.
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m proud of you blackdenim! :blackheart:

I made my suggestions too late boo. The only unique one was The Young Professionals cover of Video Games. It’s a million times more upbeat than the original. There is a phan music video of it that’s really fun.

alien
procrastinator

I didn't suggest anything because I just saw it and I definitely wouldn't have suggested Phantasy Fantasy by Superfruit
apathy
sad dimple

nla wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:50 pm I'm loving the ig stories and the new merch, especially the denim jacket. I don't know if it would be best for me to buy it at the venue (that is if they even come lmao) or wait for the post tour sale. I guess it depends on the conversion rate at the time.
I'd like a t-shirt and really want the plushies (my true weakness, thought I was doing so well not buying the pastel ones) but at TATNIOF, there were a lot of people lined up for merch before I even arrived early for the VIP lineup, and it wasn't even open yet. When that was over the line was infinitely longer, and after the show was a nightmare ocean of people just trying to get out the door. There was no chance of fighting that crowd.

So I don't hold high hopes for actually being able to buy anything there this time either. Hope they have plenty of extras for website leftovers afterward. Also the purple hoodies, please.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i hope they put perfume genius in that playlist like i suggested, i know dan loves him.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I know between the UK and US tours last time they had months to rework stuff - I'm kind of sad they won't have that same luxury for this tour, because I'd loveeeee some merch without Phil's fringe on it.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

first of all, i absolutely HATE dan's shoes. very ugly. and i'm usually a fan of the shoes he picks so that's interesting.

also, about merch, if it makes anyone feel better i don't think the conversion rates for the merch in the us and other places will be exact. i just spent a bit of time comparing prices of the stuff on danandphilshop and most of the stuff on the us site is cheaper than it would be if they were doing an exact conversion. i think they'll probably do that on tour as well because even though they make less money on it, i think they realize that they need to sell things at prices that work for people. if they try to get people to pay over 80 for the denim jacket, they'll definitely not be selling as many. it'll be interesting to see how they adjust the prices.

as far as how i like the merch, i'm definitely interested in it. not positive yet what/if i'll buy but i'm encouraged by the lack of their faces and names.

edit: also would have liked to see plushies with quiff phil. it is interesting though. kind of proves that the switch to the quiff wasn't really planned in advance and was more spur of the moment, and i'd been wondering about that.
kalli
butt chair

I didn't suggest anything but I did check to see what other people were saying and the first tweet I saw was suggesting Deepthroat by cupcakKe, which definitely won't be on the playlist but the thought of them playing that is actually hilarious :rofl:

Using Dan's recently played artists on Spotify and referring to twitter requests for specific song choices, as well as making sure to avoid songs with lyrics that may be considered too explicit for some audience members, I'm thinking the playlist will be something like this:
No Tears Left To Cry - Ariana Grande
Dreamer - Charli XCX (feat. Starrah and RAYE)
Chanel - Frank Ocean
See You Again - Tyler, The Creator (ft. Kali Uchis)
HOTTIE - BROCKHAMPTON
Icon - Jaden Smith
Thought Contagion - Muse
Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
The Last Of The Real Ones - Fall Out Boy
Say Amen (Saturday Night) - Panic! At The Disco
MIC Drop [Steve Aoki Remix] - BTS (feat. Desiigner)
All The Stars - Kendrick Lamar (w/ SZA)
Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer
In The Middle - dodie
Sweet Creature - Harry Styles
Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
Hard Times - Paramore
UGH! - The 1975
Bad Boy - Red Velvet
Toxic - Britney Spears
Galway Girl - Ed Sheeran
On The Loose - Niall Horan
Lost In Japan - Shawn Mendes
Sanctify - Years & Years

Also, I'm a bit sad the D&P hoodies from the pop-up shop won't also be available on the tour. If I had the pink one I would wear it so often that it would basically be part of my body.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Nice to see he’s been listening to some Shawn Mendes... I’m trying to recall, but I don’t think he’s ever mentioned (or at least gone into depth) on Shawn in any of his live shows. Seems like he would have thrown out a thirsty comment by now.
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

the brighton venue updated the show page with times!
Matinee show 2pm
VIP Arrive – 10am
VIP Start – 10.30am
VIP finish –12.45pm
Doors Open – 1pm
Show Starts – 2pm
Interval – 3pm – 3.20pm
Part 2 – 3.20pm – 4pm

Evening show 8pm
VIP Arrive – 4pm
VIP Start – 4.45pm
VIP finish – 6.45pm