Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:59 pm
allsaintshowell wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:52 pm well that was an experience
i got the distinct feeling at the end that this really is a goodbye tour/the beginning of the end

was really interesting to see how they view us and what we “want” from them

when they claimed their youtube personas aren’t really that different from who they are i loved watching two white men lie to me on a stage, hadn’t gotten that since the last one direction tour

phil inadvertently said my name like three times at the very end and i was like please stop. also i ended up with a lot of Dan’s Ass in my view so if you don’t like seeing dan’s face the left side of the floor is definitely for you

phil’s diss track >>>>> dan’s
i’m off for a much needed drink (or two) before the evening show and then i’ll spend the entire train ride home comparing and contrasting
I've definitely been getting that kinda feeling in regards to what you said about it seeming like the beginning of the end.
What do you think they'll do next, if this is hinting at the end? No more Dan&Phil, or no more Youtube in general? Ahh this is stressful (is my comment even a spoiler, I don't know).
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

i got the distinct feeling at the end that this really is a goodbye tour/the beginning of the end
i’m off for a much needed drink (or two) before the evening show and then i’ll spend the entire train ride home comparing and contrasting
We are also doing the same thing! Need drinks to digest it all
i also agree this is the beginning of the end, especially when dan said they may want to do seperate thing in their lives. Sounded very much like they’ll be bringing everything to an end after the tour, not sure how I felt about it tbh.

I hope they cut down the survey section, it was too long and not really that interesting. The end bit was great but it didn’t need 4 sections, 2 and then the big reveal would be fine.

Also the section where people had to shout to pick the scenario was also too long and too predictable. I could do without that section completely.

The layout is definitely a lot like tatinof:
- song
- magic trick
- audience screaming to pick a story line
- truth bombs was like 7 second challenge
- throwing something horrible into the audience
Will definitely give my thoughts on the second show as I’m sure some of it was just teething problems.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

allsaintshowell wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:06 pm

when they claimed their youtube personas aren’t really that different from who they are i loved watching two white men lie to me on a stage, hadn’t gotten that since the last one direction tour

phil inadvertently said my name like three times at the very end and i was like please stop. also i ended up with a lot of Dan’s Ass in my view so if you don’t like seeing dan’s face the left side of the floor is definitely for you

I've definitely been getting that kinda feeling in regards to what you said about it seeming like the beginning of the end. Edit: What kind of stuff did he say?
i kinda felt it? like obviously they’ve been beating it into our heads that this is the last tour they’ll do, but it wasn’t until the sentimental stuff at the end when dan does this weird little speech that i literally said to myself while watching them “this is a goodbye tour”. i’m looking forward to delving deeper into that in like three hours when i see it again.
Wow, I didn't know about Dan's speech. Shit man.
Last edited by TheHomosexualAgenda on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

noodlebum wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:12 pm

I've definitely been getting that kinda feeling in regards to what you said about it seeming like the beginning of the end.
What do you think they'll do next, if this is hinting at the end? No more Dan&Phil, or no more Youtube in general? Ahh this is stressful (is my comment even a spoiler, I don't know).
I see a lot of people saying no more YT, but I personally don't see that at this stage (unless they abandon their main channels and just keep the gaming channel), because even if they're financially okay at the moment, abandoning their current job with nothing else in place is foolish. I have no idea how much money they actually have, but I can't believe it's enough to live on long-term without them doing some kind work.

They may want to leave YT behind, but in order to do that they need to have something else established first, and proven to work long term. They can't just assume that fans will follow them anywhere (assuming any new venture was in the public eye).

ETA: Just read about Dan's speech. Well crap.
autumnhearth
senpai

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:58 pm Two new insta stories from Phil.
Phil Lester with golden glitter eyeshadow is a glorious sight to behold. I’m guessing this was done on stage with the make up brushes.

I can’t believe round two will be happening so quickly. You all are making me emo though. Thank goodness this is a long tour. Maybe. I dunno. I might not survive this emotionally. I put that Dan and Phil would die of exhaustion at the end of tour for Truth Bombs.
liola
rankussy

missemma wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:16 pm
i also agree this is the beginning of the end, especially when dan said they may want to do seperate thing in their lives. Sounded very much like they’ll be bringing everything to an end after the tour, not sure how I felt about it tbh.

I hope they cut down the survey section, it was too long and not really that interesting. The end bit was great but it didn’t need 4 sections, 2 and then the big reveal would be fine.

Also the section where people had to shout to pick the scenario was also too long and too predictable. I could do without that section completely.

- song
- magic trick
Will definitely give my thoughts on the second show as I’m sure some of it was just teething problems.
I mean i never thought they'd do youtube forever and it's been 10 years, every job could become quite tiring after all that time. Unless you think the "separate thing" is more of a personal life thing than something about their careers? I can definitely see them still being together in the future but with different careers, even though at the moment i can't really imagine WHAT
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

"Finger in the red" better be the next thread name :lol:

Not wanting to spoil anything so I'll jusr comment that it did drag on a bit and there were mistakes, like a prop going where it wasn't meant to and Dan swearing accidentally. Plus, was it just me that thought the music/sound effects/everything was too loud for that place? But it was heartfelt at the end of the day and so guess it was cool to be in the same room as The Dan And Phil.

Also apologies for not speaking to many people including some of you guys at IDB - I was in a very anxious mood and just didn't feel it'd make for a good introduction or anything.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
alien
procrastinator

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:24 pm
topdanhowellmemes wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:58 pm Two new insta stories from Phil.
Phil Lester with golden glitter eyeshadow is a glorious sight to behold. I’m guessing this was done on stage with the make up brushes.

I can’t believe round two will be happening so quickly. You all are making me emo though. Thank goodness this is a long tour. Maybe. I dunno. I might not survive this emotionally. I put that Dan and Phil would die of exhaustion at the end of tour for Truth Bombs.
The eyeshadow is a filter on instagram! And you're right it is a glorious sight to behold!

I'm really torn on spoilers rn because my show is 100 days away and idk if I want to be spoiled the entire time or not :sideeye:
malday
emo goose

missemma wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:16 pm We are also doing the same thing! Need drinks to digest it all

- song
- magic trick
i'ts really ending with PINOF10 isn't it.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

liola wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:28 pm

- song
- magic trick
I mean i never thought they'd do youtube forever and it's been 10 years, every job could become quite tiring after all that time. Unless you think the "separate thing" is more of a personal life thing than something about their careers? I can definitely see them still being together in the future but with different careers, even though at the moment i can't really imagine WHAT
wait.... what...? ghhhhhgffff i hate reading this stuff without context. what does he mean? might want to do separate things, beginning of the end? in what way? they literally just said in the liveshow that nothing is changing after tour. that's confusing and i'll definitely be upset if he was lying.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
SquishPhan
capita£ester

- song
- magic trick
I mean Dan already does seperate things, so I'm not too worried about it.
Plus we know we will at least be getting PINOF 10.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:42 pm

- song
- magic trick
wait.... what...? ghhhhhgffff i hate reading this stuff without context. what does he mean? might want to do separate things, beginning of the end? in what way? they literally just said in the liveshow that nothing is changing after tour. that's confusing and i'll definitely be upset if he was lying.
This is what confuses me too. He said only a few days ago 'nothing was changing'. I think there are 3 possibilities.

1. All men do is lie, and they'll bid us goodbye after PINOF10.
2. We're reading way too much into his words.
3. They may want to branch out into solo stuff (maybe on YT, maybe away from it), but will still carry on with YT.
Last edited by phantastically-avg on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Hopefully this will calm people down.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:51 pm Hopefully this will calm people down.
But we were so enjoying our heart attacks. ;) Thanks for the clarity!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

sorry guys if what I said was confusing:
his comment about doing seperate issues was more about doing career things separately not anything more than that. nothing wrong with that, dan did the supergamers on his own and it was fine. Sorry if I caused a panic by saying everything to an end, I didn’t read back what I said properly and can see that it looked like I meant their whole relationship. Oops.
Panic over :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Phantasy
woodland creature

- song
- magic trick
I don’t think they’ll pull the plug on the whole YouTube thing and just quietly fade away—but, I do think they’ve been laying groundwork for a diversified income stream that is not so heavily reliant on the D&P brand or video making. My head-canon is to get through the tour, maybe Dan will drop his June video along the way and it will actually be about sexuality, and after the tour, drop PINOF10 that is more like a celebration and culmination of everything that includes bloopers from past videos that reveal they are a couple. Announce forever home. Get a dog. And focus more on expanding IRL for other creators, maybe move into producing other stageshows, continue developing apps, games, clothes that aren’t solidly D&P.
hello9217
flower crown

I wasn't there so obviously don't know what was said but I actually really really hope dnp do separate things outside of just youtube when this ends. That's good for them and it's not like that's not already a thing with Dan. I think they are at a really exciting time in their life right now and can do so much more. I would also be extremely curious to see what Phil does. He's grown so much and I would love to see him do more with his platform, which so many people on here speak volumes about. Doing separate projects does not mean they will go separate ways.
Has nothing to do with what's under the spoiler but editing to add this cause it's cute
noodlebum
flower crown

Phantasy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:57 pm

- song
- magic trick
I don’t think they’ll pull the plug on the whole YouTube thing and just quietly fade away—but, I do think they’ve been laying groundwork for a diversified income stream that is not so heavily reliant on the D&P brand or video making. My head-canon is to get through the tour, maybe Dan will drop his June video along the way and it will actually be about sexuality, and after the tour, drop PINOF10 that is more like a celebration and culmination of everything that includes bloopers from past videos that reveal they are a couple. Announce forever home. Get a dog. And focus more on expanding IRL for other creators, maybe move into producing other stageshows, continue developing apps, games, clothes that aren’t solidly D&P.
That would awesome (got on boys get that dog), although not sure about announcing they're a couple. Would be good though if they were comfortable with it.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

hello9217 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:58 pm
I wasn't there so obviously don't know what was said but I actually really really hope dnp do separate things outside of just youtube when this ends. That's good for them and it's not like that's not already a thing with Dan. I think they are at a really exciting time in their life right now and can do so much more. I would also be extremely curious to see what Phil does. He's grown so much and I would love to see him do more with his platform, which so many people on here speak volumes about. Doing separate projects does not mean they will go separate ways.
I agree that doing solo projects is a good idea. Who knows how long YT will be financially stable for them after all, and having a body of work outside of it, or different projects within YT that have non-YT potential would be a smart move. I'm really interested to see what Phil would do too. I can see him more interested in the business side of the industry somewhat, but can't imagine him not in front of a camera at the same time.

At the end of the day we still have months more content to look forward too, and if 2018 so far has been any indication, the remainder of it will be a blessing.
In non-spoiler news, my mum just called me to chat and asked how I'd spent my day so far. I decided not to tell her the truth... aka mostly just posting on IDB and sorting out my tumblr queue. :happytyper: :scram:
autumnhearth
senpai

Ah that tarot card is lovely, especially if that was genuinely Phil’s response.

See I heard him saying he was using a filter, I just thought it meant the soft spots. Ah well.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Love the tarot card. :love1:

New video under the cut:
The beginning of Phil's disstrack.
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:51 pm Hopefully this will calm people down.
That just sounds like how they always joke in videos about different "careers" they'd have if everything fails :lol:
some please delete my !dramatic gif, i don't want it to contribute to the panic if people are really panicking.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

oh wow Dan knows how to strike a pose, doesn't he?! Phil maybe should practice a little more :lol:
fizzymcguire
tol bean
Pronouns: she/they

yall im emo they arent coming to my city until august ALSO does anyone have the lyrics to phils diss track that they're willing to share?
noodlebum
flower crown

Those slut poses are amazing :lol: