Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alien
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

human wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:21 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:05 pm My body woke me up at 6am apparently knowing the baby content was up, but what did I do? I continued reading the fanfic I started last night (at @alittledizzy ‘s recommendation), for *hours* before checking Tumblr. It’s totally worth it though: https://archiveofourown.org/works/14320 ... s/33044433
Oh look another chapter posted in the meantime, bye guys!

But no, the baby content killed me. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to reblog. I just love it all. Pearl is truly a beautiful baby. I too was excited to see Phil’s pancake colosseum and was intrigued by Dan’s dip breakfast. And all the baby interactions: dead. I actually feel physically gross and quite hungry, but emotionally I am fulfilled.
I can say this as I knew exactly where they were eating when I saw Louise's meal lol. Mexican is usually my breakfast of choice also, including in IHOP lol. They went to Giraffe and Dan had the shakshouka:

Shakshouka
Unbeatable eggs baked in tomato, red pepper and chilli. With toasted flatbread.
(Menu is here)
I was really curious about what dan’s meal was because it looked so good! Thanks for the info on it lol.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

Awww baby Pearl is so.beautiful!! And d&p looked so soft with her!
(I loved Louise's commentary about how fame and succes hasn't change them!!) I saw a comment here earlier about louise and her chummy. She an zoe are not friends anymore? (Sorry if this is off topic)
sonicgreen
woodland creature

allsaintshowell wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:31 am that was the best way to start off my birthday <3 baby content is the only content i care about right now
:rainbowsparkle: Happy Birthday! :rainbowsparkle1:

Yeah I didn't think i would like the vlog that much. I'm really not a baby crazy person but it was so sweet, (and pearl really is a gorgeous baby!). I knew I wasn't prepared the moment I saw phil run up to the stroller and immediately coo. So much softness in just a few clips.
And louise caught me a little off-guard with her comments about the boys being just good people, that was nice.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Those clips from Louise's vlog singlehandedly revived my interest in Dan and Phil enough to prompt me to post on here again after at least a little while, oh my goshhhhhh :') That was so so so incredibly sweet!!
a) Dan calling Phil "sweet but clumsy" in the dressing room at II
b) Phil running toward Louise and Pearl and immediately cooing over her
c) Just.. everything else. Dan was such a natural with her, the way he smiled at her and held her comfortably and made silly faces at her and adjusted her dress and tickled her tummy when he passed her over to Phil, omg :love2: And Phil was just overwhelmingly lovely as well, he clearly thought the world of her but was maybe a bit nervous he wouldn't hold her properly, bless :')
d) They both look INCREDIBLE lately. Like, they are just glowing! They look so healthy and happy and just amazing tbh. Better than they've ever looked ever I reckon.
e) Louise making a point to say afterward how genuinely lovely they are, and how fame hasn't changed them, and calling them good eggs :''')

Just, what a wholesome video, we are blessed on this day :love1: :love1: :love1:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth
senpai

Thanks for the menu link @human.

And yes, happy birthday @allsaintshowell!

I love the double denim, triple in the case of the above M&G. While the pose kinda failed for what it is supposed to be (I think the boys should have switched places) I love Phil with his chin tilted up looking as tall if not taller than Dan.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

damn, that vlog was so freaking cute :love2: :love2: i don't have anything new to say but seeing them with a baby gave me so many warm feelings (and also made me miss my baby nephew so much i'm almost sad now)

side note.... phil looks SO GOOD in that m&g outfit today <3 denim jackets and black & white work so well on him wow
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

sorry for double posting but i think phil might be acting like a proud boyfriend again :/
knq
lava lamp

There are so many wonderful IG stories today! I love how much Dan loves cherry blossoms. I'm also just assuming it's a cherry blossom because it's pink. That is the extent of my plant knowledge. Dan Howell put a smiley face on his photo and wished everyone a good morning. What is this. I like it.
Edit: Forgot I wanted to reply to this!
rizzo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:10 pm After Louise talks about her tearing at 12:40, does Dan say to Phil, "well you should be confronted with reality"? Why, Dan? Why should he be? I need answers.
I hear "Well, you should be confronted with the reality of ch--" and then he's cut off, but I'm assuming 'childbirth.' Possibly in reference to Phil's mpreg fascination, possibly just Dan being a Dan.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

watsonian wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:25 pm
rizzo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:10 pm After Louise talks about her tearing at 12:40, does Dan say to Phil, "well you should be confronted with reality"? Why, Dan? Why should he be? I need answers.
I hear "Well, you should be confronted with the reality of ch--" and then he's cut off, but I'm assuming 'childbirth.' Possibly in reference to Phil's mpreg fascination, possibly just Dan being a Dan.
nah, I bet it's because Phil's wife is pregnant and has been complaining to Dan that he's not supportive enough
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, all the ig stories at once. Phil playing with that big mouth thing :roll: his eyes look very white in the video game filter one (I actually nearly wrote philter). He looks so scary in the twilight m&g photo, but it’s great, I saw her tweet before about asking them to do that pose. I love the look on Dan’s face too. Their pal Mark seems to have loads of shots of them, looking forward to seeing them.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Black clothing plus glasses is definitely my favourite Phil look (and one he so rarely embraces). They both looked really good in Louise's vlog actually.

Also did anyone else feel there was an excessive amount of hand caressing in the handover of Pearl?
knq
lava lamp

@LurkingTrash omg louise is janice isn't she come on guys you can tell me

@pearshaped34 I feel like nothing is really excessive when you are holding someone's baby. I was so relieved she didn't start crying when they moved her. I keep thinking of the radio clip where Phil says babies cry whenever he holds them. Dan tickling her tummy and offering his finger was all in the name of preventing the Phil-exposure tears. Good job, lads.

How many years apart is Dan from his brother, anyway? I was surprised by how comfortable he seemed holding Pearl.
lilabet
philussy

Exciting phandomgives update. @blackdenim managed to get Dan and Phil Shop to donate some amazing items. Full details are avilable on the website here http://phandomgives.com/2018/05/05/dans ... -giveaway/ but it does include some Dan merch!!

Thank you to everyone who has been helping out, donating your VIP bags and getting things signed. Here's to raising even more than the goal of £8000 :respekt2: :platonic:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
pcvaidya
squish

I'm a little late to the party, but I could watch 100 years of D&P being v gentle with tiny babies.
dancy
procrastinator

Dan: Oh no, my last tweet was 6 days ago, I'd better write a generic and #relatable tweet so it doesn't seem like I've abandoned Twitter in favour of Instagram!
lilabet
philussy

Since it's a bit slow i thought I'd mention there is a tiny Dan and Phil reference in Tom Skas video at 9.22
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
liola
rankussy

I was going through the spoiler hashtag on twitter
there isn't actually much spoiler from tonight's show, which i found quite weird until i came across a tweet from someone that attended the show and said most of the changing bits were the same as the London show, i'm assuming because they're filming so to make it easier to edit it together? I guess it makes sense but i hope it was just a couple of things or it would destroy the purpose of asking for questions and answers for those cities :shrug:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:56 pm I was going through the spoiler hashtag on twitter
there isn't actually much spoiler from tonight's show, which i found quite weird until i came across a tweet from someone that attended the show and said most of the changing bits were the same as the London show, i'm assuming because they're filming so to make it easier to edit it together? I guess it makes sense but i hope it was just a couple of things or it would destroy the purpose of asking for questions and answers for those cities :shrug:
I definitely think it's for filming purposes, yeah. I'm really surprised they didn't film in Milton Keynes since they would have had two shows at the same theater.

Though if it does turn out they're just gonna hit a pattern with the shows then it's quite annoying because it really does nullify their entire little tagline.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

watsonian wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:50 pm How many years apart is Dan from his brother, anyway? I was surprised by how comfortable he seemed holding Pearl.
about six years iirc (and also judging from seeing dan's brother as a baby in dan's childhood videos)
Grey
lady door

Sorry to interrupt conversations for this. Does anyone have suggestions for good first videos to show someone of Dan and Phil? (Maybe a little tame on the sexual innuendos) Either on their main channels or gaming channel?
How do you “introduce” Dan and Phil to someone?
I'm having a stress.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Grey wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 am Sorry to interrupt conversations for this. Does anyone have suggestions for good first videos to show someone of Dan and Phil? (Maybe a little tame on the sexual innuendos) Either on their main channels or gaming channel?
I think starting with PINOF is good though a little wild. For individual content I recommend just cute vlogs/relatable/usual content, and gaming videos have loads of options! I really like the "don't talk and nobody explodes" ones because its fun and frustrating, maybe just simple flash games that center on the bants? I usually pick the more recent, because their current content has been so golden for me.

Phil:
- Why I can't go back to the gym
- Things I regret buying
- I killed my houseplants

Dan:
- My evil piano teacher
- I nearly blinded myself
- My Bahamas travel disaster
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

alright, im gunna haveta stretch my typing fingers because this is going to be a long read...

im sure many of you have pointed it out already - mister daniel is quite a natural when it comes to interacting with babies. i guess it comes from his innate love of children or from experience or BOTH, but it gave me such a glee watching how he lovingly holds little pearl in his arms and just being very gentle with her. i think he got the basics down honestly: he maintains level eye contact when talking to her, talks to her clearly, shows an expressive face and a warm smile, knows how to hold her PROPERLY....gee i could go on and on. i definitely think that hes a capable caregiver when he puts his mind into it. yet if hes so capable, why did louise end up choosing phil over dan to take care of pearl?

her reasoning was that phil would be "less terrified and deal with situations better" which is very interesting. phil has said on many occasions that babies "seem" to hate him. ive already dropped my two cents in this in that i do think its just his inexperience on interacting with babies, that and his inner panic is reflecting towards the baby in question. from my experience, children are very sensitive to subtle facial expressions and overall body language thats why in a moment of crisis, you must do your GODDAMN best to act calm because if you panic, then EVERYONE panics. i agree with what @watsonian said about dan preventing the "phil-exposure tears" lol. dan, being the baby whisperer, made sure pearl knew she was in safe hands, and at the same time, reminding phil that its alright.

anyways, i do think that phil has a potential to be a good parent/caregiver - he just needs to let go of his insecurity and belief that all babies hate him. because 1) everyone can be insecure towards handling and interacting with kids, no matter how experienced you are (heck i still get scared sometimes when babies im feeding start to cough because i FOR SURE dont wanna do baby cpr even tho i know how and is qualified, its still hella scary) and 2) babies have different personalities and comfort zones. some babies are just naturally sociable and some take time, and its all good. they dont cry because of phil, they cry because they probably dont know him yet. like louise said, phil seems to know how to deal with situations whenever it arises. yes, he may panic but i have a feeling that its a productive kind of panic. the most recent example i could think of was when dan almost blinded himself. i dont know how accurate dan's anecdote is, but phil seemed to know how to convert his "stress" adrenaline into "lets get shit done" adrenaline. he didnt just sit there and panic with him, he actively sought out help (googled what to do next) and assisted dan whenever he can (immediately told dan to wash it out again, helped him with the eye drops). in moments of stressful situations or emergencies, sometimes its inevitable to freeze but knowing how tosnap out of it and make use of the adrenaline rush to your own benefit is a good skill to have.

tldr; phil is a reliable person, he just needs to believe in himself more.

and i think this is where louise was getting at. sure, dan is good with babies but he can also be pretty careless at times (reasons why dans a fail™ yay). phil seems to be the one to handle situations much better - and when youre working with kids, honey, theres gunna be a LOT of those. however, like phil said, he can be quite clumsy.....but thats where dan comes in. its a perfect balance.

-----------------------------------------------

CAUTION: the next part may come off as very demon phannie but click the spoilers if you want some fic inspo i guess lol
in terms of parenting: both of them can be endearing but to put it simply, dan is the fun dad and phil is the responsible dad. itll most likely be dan whos on the floor crawling with the baby and playing together while phil is researching for homemade baby food recipes or setting up the baby monitor. theyll build the crib together ala "the wardrobe" style. theyll both suck at changing diapers at first, probably get peed at while changing them once or twice. then as the kid grows older, theyll do family gaming nights with mario kart or board games. phil will be the one to nag about doing homework but hell also help whenever he can. dan would be that one very loud and supportive parent during school recitals. but, it can also go the other way where dans the one to listen to worries about school or love life and phil plays duo in fortnite or helps them with a good idea to prank dan....its a good balance.
ok im done bye :garbage:
"you are next to me in my life"
sweetlyphan
delia smith

Grey wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 am Sorry to interrupt conversations for this. Does anyone have suggestions for good first videos to show someone of Dan and Phil? (Maybe a little tame on the sexual innuendos) Either on their main channels or gaming channel?
First few episodes of the sims? From what I remember they don't have too many innuendos (I could be wrong). Those were the videos that got me into watching Dan and Phil.
:prideheart2:
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

the avenger we never knew we needed
Image Image