Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 pm
Grumpybisexual wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:19 pm Aww @sparkle your story is super cute and you all look adorable on the picture!! :love2:

And @autumnhearth
I went to the second Brighton show and they said "superstar YouTube duo, best friends and soulmates forever" :love2: I think Dan just messed it up the first time and said super best friends? :lol:
Dan still says super almost every night!
Ooh interesting! I love small variations like that!! I feel like "super best friends" sounds a bit more ironic than just best friends :lol:

I was also wondering, does Dan always make the "that's why we need to destroy the concept of gender" comment during the simulator segment, when he has to "enter the lady door", or was it a one-time thing?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Spoilers for the Manchester show Phil's family was at under the cut!

Intro banter:

P: So we've only been here for two days and I think my northern accent is starting to leak out. It's just the effect you have on me.
D: I can physically see this happening, it's like the norther Phil goes he just starts going 'hello' - he's coming back.
P: That was a terrible impression.
D: Oh, I'm sorry. [does another impression] My name's Phil. This is my first video blog.
P: There we go.
D: Say 'hey Phil how do you feel at any given moment' - you could say any word... 'ace.' There we go. That's Phil.
P: At the end of the show, I'll be like [thicker accent] Wow guys, this was so much fun.
D: Fetus Phil has re-emerged.
P: It has.
D: But it's not just your hometown. This is the hometown of Dan and Phil in many ways.
P: It is!
D: It does always feels good to be back, even if they've taken away the Shakeaway at the Arndale center. It's literally the only thing I cared about.
P: They have! I could have been so zazzed off a milkshake right now.
D: You could, althought you did slam an entire packet of Percy Pigs, so Phil is zazzed enough right now. He is more than zazzed enough to do this stage show.
P: Percy did not know what hit him.
D: Poor Percy. Percy got absolutely destroyed.

Other fun notes:

- Dan did not call the neon I lights phallic like he normally does. (He says "couple of long boys" instead.)
- Phil referred to the Horse Prince simulation as "another project I was working on" instead of his usual "this is my private simulation" or "my personal simulation."
- Phil left out the joke about the frappacino cream stain on his pants looking dodgy.
- When Phil hits Dan with a projectile instead of Dan, as he normally would, saying something about Phil hitting him in the dick or nuts Dan just calls it his 'safety zone.'
- Dan doesn't make a reference to Phil's jeans being tight - which he often, but not always does.
- Phil made sure to mention his mum multiple times and auntie once (indirectly but I assume it was still on purpose), which is just super cute.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:16 pm Spoilers for the Manchester show Phil's family was at under the cut!

Intro banter:

P: So we've only been here for two days and I think my northern accent is starting to leak out. It's just the effect you have on me.
D: I can physically see this happening, it's like the norther Phil goes he just starts going 'hello' - he's coming back.
D: Oh, I'm sorry. [does another impression] My name's Phil. This is my first video blog.
D: Say 'hey Phil how do you feel at any given moment' - you could say any word... 'ace.' There we go. That's Phil.
P: At the end of the show, I'll be like [thicker accent] Wow guys, this was so much fun.
D: But it's not just your hometown. This is the hometown of Dan and Phil in many ways.
D: It does always feels good to be back, even if they've taken away the Shakeaway at the Arndale center. It's literally the only thing I cared about.
D: You could, althought you did slam an entire packet of Percy Pigs, so Phil is zazzed enough right now. He is more than zazzed enough to do this stage show.

Other fun notes:

- Dan did not call the neon I lights phallic like he normally does. (He says "couple of long boys" instead.)
- Phil referred to the Horse Prince simulation as "another project I was working on" instead of his usual "this is my private simulation" or "my personal simulation."
- Phil left out the joke about the frappacino cream stain on his pants looking dodgy.
- When Phil hits Dan with a projectile instead of Dan, as he normally would, saying something about Phil hitting him in the dick or nuts Dan just calls it his 'safety zone.'
- Dan doesn't make a reference to Phil's jeans being tight - which he often, but not always does.
- Phil made sure to mention his mum multiple times and auntie once (indirectly but I assume it was still on purpose), which is just super cute.
so no mention of "our room"? lmao
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:39 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:16 pm Spoilers for the Manchester show Phil's family was at under the cut!

Intro banter:

Other fun notes:

so no mention of "our room"? lmao
I didn't hear it! But I also never got a response back from anyone that asked me on tumblr so I have no idea when in the show that was supposed to be... it's always possible it's there and I just didn't notice it.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Tyler digging deep into his timeline for this random Twitter like... (he also liked Dan's F U train pic)
alien
procrastinator

Intro banter:

Other fun notes:

why does it crack me up so much that they may have censored themselves a bit because phil's mom and aunts were at the show?? hahaha that's just so funny to me. Am I remembering correctly that Dan's mom and grandma were at one of the other shows? Was that ever confirmed? Did they also censor then too? (if you remember obvs)
knq
lava lamp

Intro banter:

Other fun notes:

The Manchester show sounds especially awesome. My kink is Dan getting himself and Phil mixed up so that he bitches at himself.
Therefore this pleases me:

D: Why did we choose the black floor, if we went for the red glitter it wouldn't be a trip hazard, I'm just putting it out there.
Also Dan, in the Geoguesser video after choosing West Bengal on the map when the correct answer was Thailand, in a Dan vs Phil, with 0 input from Phil:

D: I TOLD YOU IT WAS THAILAND.

it’s a very specific kink okay
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
liola
rankussy

Oh no why does that make me SO warm inside? Why does it make me SO happy? It's just dudes going home for one night to film a video but it's the fact that it's their home and how just content that smile looks on Dan's face Idk man I'm just feeling things

Every single day I keep having "Dan and Phil in 2018 eh what's that about" in my mind and I don't know what it's about but I sure am ready to find out
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

alien wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Intro banter:

Other fun notes:

why does it crack me up so much that they may have censored themselves a bit because phil's mom and aunts were at the show?? hahaha that's just so funny to me. Am I remembering correctly that Dan's mom and grandma were at one of the other shows? Was that ever confirmed? Did they also censor then too? (if you remember obvs)
What's funny to me is that Dans grandma came to the London show and Trey did not tone it down at all. One of the crowd did say Dildo which they changed to Dil Doll but overall they were still calling things phallic etc.
FYI I saw that in the twitter moment the Laurel/Yanny thing is down to age. Your hearing deteriorates as you age and you can here a smaller range of frequencies so you can't hear the Yanny if your hearing has deteriorated which makes me feel old.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

I'm glad they get to go back home again, even if it is only for a day, and of course I'm always happy with the prospect of a new gaming video. Hopefully they'll be able to get a few recorded so they can stock them up for when they're busier.

It's also nice to see Phil in the ii merch. I think until now we've only seen Dan in it (during the meet & greets), haven't we?
lilabet wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm FYI I saw that in the twitter moment the Laurel/Yanny thing is down to age. Your hearing deteriorates as you age and you can here a smaller range of frequencies so you can't hear the Yanny if your hearing has deteriorated which makes me feel old.
I think there's some truth to that, but it's not the only reason. When I listened to it on my PC I could only hear Yanny, and tried it on my phone too and heard the same thing. An hour later I tried on my laptop and heard Laurel. Tried on my phone again just in case it was the speakers, but nope, I can only hear Laurel now. It's kind of infuriating not being able to hear Yanny now, because I know I could before. :x :lol:
firsttimeposter
living flop

lilabet wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm
alien wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Intro banter:

Other fun notes:

What's funny to me is that Dans grandma came to the London show and Trey did not tone it down at all. One of the crowd did say Dildo which they changed to Dil Doll but overall they were still calling things phallic etc.
FYI I saw that in the twitter moment the Laurel/Yanny thing is down to age. Your hearing deteriorates as you age and you can here a smaller range of frequencies so you can't hear the Yanny if your hearing has deteriorated which makes me feel old.
Lol i don't know about that, I'm only sixteen yet I don't hear Yanny? Haha, I don't think it has much to do with age, you don't have to feel old just yet.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

im only 18 and i hear laurel hmm
(i mean, i do have ear/sinus issues that affect my hearing)
but when the recording is pitched higher, i hear a bit of "yanny"

i'm glad to know that they're filming a sims vid!!!! i find it cute that they're back home together on their day off
:happytears:
ok i don't wanna double post but:
phil's insta story ...fuck me....
"woht... WOhT?!?"
i love... them... so much...
Last edited by ratlad on Wed May 16, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
serenlas
tol bean

I'm 37 and I can only hear Yanny (or to be more accurate, "Yah-ee'). I can't hear Laurel no matter how hard I try! On the other hand my 11 year old can only hear Laurel.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Oh my, Dan's tone in Phil's latest insta story :happytears:
liola
rankussy

Phil's insta story, his cute laugh, filming Dan looking so pretty my heartttt :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kalli
butt chair

I always hear Yanny the first time I play the clip, but I can easily hear both as it continues to play and repeat the word.

Thankfully, science daddies Mitch and Greg from AsapSCIENCE have come to the rescue.

If you can't/don't want to watch the video, I'll summarize it under the spoiler:
The words Yanny and Laurel are similar in terms of sound waves, but Yanny is heard at a higher frequency and Laurel at a lower one. The original audio clip is of a man saying Laurel, with an overlay in a higher frequency which causes it to sound like Yanny and creates ambiguity.

When the clip is pitched down, it makes it easy to hear Yanny since the higher frequency is brought down to an audible range for most people, and when it's pitched up, it makes the lower frequency of Laurel much easier to hear. Younger people are better at hearing higher frequencies, which can result in an inclination to hear Yanny. Whereas older people are less likely to pick up on the higher frequency, and will therefore hear Laurel.
Speedygonz33
squish

Me and my sister hear Yanny while my parents hear Laurel it makes me so mad
autumnhearth
senpai

Love ASAP Science (oh no I only heard yanni in their vid, even with the pitch up, earlier I only heard laurel)
Is that actually how he says ‘what’? Giggles along with Phil.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

i am so here for : the casual domesticity, phil's adorable and disgustingly fond little giggle, dan's "wot, wot" and the creepshot war being brought back via ig stories!!
hello9217
flower crown

Such cute insta stories today. I thought that since they were back home we would get none but thanks for proving me wrong boys. :tu:
Also I swear that whenever dan goes up North/hangs with Phil's family he picks up a slight northern accent. I could be wrong but I think either Dan mentioned this once or I saw a video showing it.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

I am living for this domestic vibe that they have going on right now. I'm also living for Phil's creepshot videos of Dan and that most adorable, amused giggle in the world. More of this please Phil!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Pulling from the spoilers thread...
alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 pm
What's in Dan's Box?
- purple gimp
D: Whose seen that crusty old Dan video? Guys, its a strong look - I have a man in this box?
P: Can he breathe?
D: Are you okay?! Carl! ... he is dead like the cactus.
I'm not saying Dan's purple gimp is their consultant. But I'm also not not saying it.

Wuddup, Carl. How ya doing? Do you have to wear the suit every time you catch up on IDB? Seems uncomfortable.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I can only hear yanny and I’m also 37. Also would have been called Laurel if I wasn’t called something else, so that’s funny. Phil looks so good in that grey tour tshirt. Also really pale, I don’t know why I notice it more cos he isn’t actually any paler. I love their bickering. Maybe it’s just the brightness. Also his cheekbones, the quiff and his arms look amazing.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

@sparkle aww I loved reading your m&g review was so lovely. Glad you had a great time.

I’m 38 and hear Laurel! My boyfriend who is 29 hears Yanni!

Also, I take it Deps didn’t do any pre-recording like we thought seeing as they’ve gone home to film Sims and Phil did his video in a hotel room!
I also can’t believe the UK tour will be over soon, it’s gone so quickly.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: