Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dancy
procrastinator

I'm 21 with a hearing deficiency and I heard Yanny at first, then Laurel all of a sudden and then a mix of the two. I'm confused :shrug:

Anyway, since D&P are posting Instagram Stories while they're home, I don't want to hear the "we have a boring life" excuse ever again and I hope it means they'll continue posting them after the tour as well.
missemma wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:46 pm Also, I take it Deps didn’t do any pre-recording like we thought seeing as they’ve gone home to film Sims and Phil did his video in a hotel room!
I also can’t believe the UK tour will be over soon, it’s gone so quickly.
Yeah, makes me wonder whether they're still gonna be filming any gaming series like they said they would. The remainder of the UK tour isn't as packed as the previous part, meaning they have a few days between some of the shows, so I guess they could go back home then.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

didn't they say in the ls that they pre recorded some series though? probably not the sims, but other ones maybe.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

@dancy That’s exactly what I was thinking re Instastories at home. They would be a good way to build hype for upcoming videos.

@ratlad They said they would be doing a couple new series but I don’t think they said they were already recorded I forget the exact wording, but I remember it being vague, not really past or future tense. I’m wondering if Bucket of Doom is actually one of these.
sweetlyphan
delia smith

dancy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 pm I'm 21 with a hearing deficiency and I heard Yanny at first, then Laurel all of a sudden and then a mix of the two. I'm confused :shrug:
I'm 23 and hard of hearing, I heard the same thing as you. First Yanny, then Laurel, then it kept switching.
:prideheart2:
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

I always get way too passionate about these internet debate things, lol. Yesterday I heard Yanny, but then today I hear Laurel- so hopefully I didn't start losing my hearing overnight :lol:

I feel like every once in a while, the interwebs just needs to find something utterly useless to debate about. What color was the dress (black and blue, fight me)? What color is a tennis ball, yellow or green (green all the way)? What counts as a sandwich (100% structural purist, ingredient rebel)? It's just fun to debate, knowing it's all in good fun :D
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i read something about dan commenting on phil’s video but i can’t find the comment and i didn’t see it discussed here...does anyone have a screenshot?

also, i can’t hear anything but laurel and i’m 24. i keep trying to hear yanny but i can’t.
autumnhearth
senpai

sugar wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 am i read something about dan commenting on phil’s video but i can’t find the comment and i didn’t see it discussed here...does anyone have a screenshot?

also, i can’t hear anything but laurel and i’m 24. i keep trying to hear yanny but i can’t.
Here’s the one I saw and reblogged.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

autumnhearth wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:19 am
sugar wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 am i read something about dan commenting on phil’s video but i can’t find the comment and i didn’t see it discussed here...does anyone have a screenshot?

I just watched Phil's video again before coming here and Dan's comment is still there - its not showing up for me at the top of the comments so i had to search for it but it's got over 6k likes on it.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

i was reading the notes from the manchester show (the may 15th one) and i just want to say how much i love the real talk portion of the show. ive been reading ones from the previous shows and it is my favourite part to read, with the friendship test coming close to a tie, because they just seem genuine with their answers. however, i know theres this pattern for the questions emerging which makes their responses kind of repetitive sometimes. i mean, it shouldnt matter if youre avoiding spoilers since its like a fresh experience but yeah....i just really liked the questions people asked this time.

"Which videos do you like making most?" seems like a simple question but its more grounded and specific to them, which makes their response more genuine and unique to them as opposed to when people ask them "how to start a youtube channel". thats a question that ALWAYS gets asked, but is also pretty general like you can ask another youtuber and the answer will probably be the same in essence but just said differently.

anyways, i also kinda giggled at phils dating advice.
P: There is definitely a nerd out there for you, and it's not about changing yourself to please someone else because in the long run that is not gonna work out.
was this from personal experience, phil? honestly, if anyone needs dating advice, look no further. these two are proven and tested soulmates™, just ask them how they did it.
"you are next to me in my life"
sugar
eclipse shirt

autumnhearth wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:19 am

sweet :( thank you!
kavat
pastel persona

dancy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 pm Anyway, since D&P are posting Instagram Stories while they're home, I don't want to hear the "we have a boring life" excuse ever again and I hope it means they'll continue posting them after the tour as well.
Same! This is what the people want guys. Playing with filters and bickering over memes, yes please and thank you.

Dan's comment on Phil's video makes me smile so much, they really support each other and aren't afraid to show it. Too cute.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Random thought of the morning: One of the things I love about Phil’s last story is just seeing Dan just sitting there browsing before he became aware he was being filmed.

He’s just there doing mundane things on his laptop, not putting a smile on because he’s on camera... just slowly scrolling and almost looking bored. It’s like getting a glimpse of a Dan we don’t see often.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

Why do they still have their calendar on April though? :lol: If I remember correctly, it was discussed here that Phil also used this photo as a profile picture on his personal facebook. Was that photoshoot just an excuse to have a professionally made engagement photo that they couldn't have in Japan? :D
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
autumnhearth
senpai

Eh, I imagine it’s because they left in April and have just not noticed during their two trips home. But nice thought.

It’s nice that they will have a full house tonight. I had to look up Basingstoke (not being from the UK). It’s quite near Reading, which I imagine Dan would want to avoid performing in. The closest he’ll get in Reading, Pennsylvania :lol:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

youtube just suggested Viewers Pick My Outfits! to me again and, since I'm rewatching it, I wonder if it'd be too much to ask for a part 2. Quiff AND good outfits?? :please:
knq
lava lamp

citizen_erased wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:52 pm youtube just suggested Viewers Pick My Outfits! to me again and, since I'm rewatching it, I wonder if it'd be too much to ask for a part 2. Quiff AND good outfits?? :please:
I don’t think he kept any of the clothes from the first one but I’m not saying I’d complain if he did it again. Give me more Daniel being a supportive BF while Phil Tries New Things(tm).

(My phone autocorrected bf to BFF. My phone doesn’t ship it)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

watsonian wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:23 pm
citizen_erased wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:52 pm youtube just suggested Viewers Pick My Outfits! to me again and, since I'm rewatching it, I wonder if it'd be too much to ask for a part 2. Quiff AND good outfits?? :please:
I don’t think he kept any of the clothes from the first one but I’m not saying I’d complain if he did it again. Give me more Daniel being a supportive BF while Phil Tries New Things(tm).

(My phone autocorrected bf to BFF. My phone doesn’t ship it)
dan stole the ripped jeans i'm pretty sure lol
if they didn't keep the rest for themselves, i hope they at least donated them or something. (or gave them all to me :sideeye: )
but in my opinion, i think they kept the sushi underwear lmao.
i would die for a part 2 of that vid!!!!! or a bf pick each other's outfits??!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

@watsonian your phone just knows they’re forever.

Defo kept the sushi pants. I’m wondering why I haven’t seen fan art of one of them wearing them while the eats sushi off their body. Who do I commission?

If they do a part two it would either be after tour (suggestions, ordering online and shipping to one location), or they would have to do a twist with Dan just picking outfits from a store while on tour. But then you have the issue of packing and what to do with the unwanted items (in this case Dan would probably just keep them all).

Still waiting on that trailer. No instastories yet today, but M&G photos should be pouring in soon.
human
dan hand trash

Not a m&g pic but thought I’d share my great outfit for tonight.
Hey, at least it’s black. I’m in stalls so hopefully he sees it. Woo! This thing was so damn small I had to cut all the seams off to even make it wearable.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I know Phil's aunt has the motivator of phandom being her best customers for her etsy shop and that's probably part of why she likes to interact with us but also this is so sweet I'm fucking melting.
autumnhearth
senpai

@human Rawr! You look great! And you’ve updated it well with the black denim jacket. I know the feeling though, last week I wore my Ani diFranco tee from high school to mow the lawn. It’s a medium, I’m an XL. It kept wanting to shimy up and show my belly, but I was just happy it went on easily. Meanwhile I tried on an old pregnancy, peasant style blouse and it tried to cut the circulation off my upper arms. It had to go. Anywho, have a great time!

Awww! Turns out Daniel Lester is a *wonderful* suggestion :cry:
Ataraxia25
flower crown

wow @human you look fabulous! hope you have a great time tonight!
:gayaf:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Huh, I didn't get an instagram notif for this post. I've been getting them reliably for their story updates, but not for an actual post. Weird. :shrug:
Last edited by alittledizzy on Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
autumnhearth
senpai

I got the Instagram notif for once, but not a Tumblr notif. The internet is being weird and slow today.
But Dan sure looks nice in these colored lights.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

One wonders where Phil's jeans were but, aw, woodlice are cute (and really good for the garden!). My kid loved them as a child and called them "pillow bugs" (one of their common names is "pill bug" because they roll up into a ball).
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."