Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
honeybee
squish
Pronouns: she/her

susan2 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:09 pm
Speaking of nerdy charts lol...I was curious yesterday about the numbers of insta stories they've posted in this first month. So incase anyone else is interested -
[data taken from the wonderful IDB YouTube compilations :thumb:]

Average per day = 4.72 (Dan 2.5, Phil 2.22).
Most in a day = 9 (Dan 5, Phil 6).
Fewest in a day = 1 (Dan 0, Phil 0).

19 May, giving us a beautiful visual representation of them complimenting one another, a professional hug if you like.
(yes, i know it's really just Dan obsessing over a bath bomb and Phil having a day off :lol:)
24 May, hopefully an indication of a heavy filming day at home.

I don't really have any conclusion to offer on this, was just personally curious to see if they were falling into some kind of pattern, and I also like to challenge my own perceptions of how I think things are which doesn't always match with reality. (Is anyone analysing their stories more in depth? e.g. types of posts, topics of posts, show days vs no show days etc. - could be an interesting analysis by the end of tour...y'know to find out the important things such as what percentage of Phil's stories are about pancakes :pancakes: :love1:)
As a lover of nerdy charts, I quite like this :thumb:
kavat
pastel persona

sugar wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:05 pm the power couple vibes are through the roof....keep it coming, boys.

also can’t attach since i’m on my phone but cat and tyler’s comments on dan’s insta...two kinds of people :lol:
Image Indeed
rainbowcheesecake
placenta

Hi! Sorry to jump in here out of nowhere...

I've been working on a little project for a while now: Dan and Phil plushies!

I wanted to ask you guys some help with choosing what miniature props I should make to pose them and take some pictures. I'm not the craftiest out there, but I wanted to do something cute.

I've thought of maybe some glasses for Phil and a laptop for the both of them? Would love more suggestions <3

If you want to see other plushies I've made before...
I've made some other plushies of other youtubers (or more like other youtuber's characters: Antisepticeye, Wilford Warfstache and Darkiplier) you can check out on my tumblr:
http://eltrkbarbarella.tumblr.com/post/ ... l-addition,
http://eltrkbarbarella.tumblr.com/post/ ... -better-be and
http://eltrkbarbarella.tumblr.com/post/ ... e-made-for
000dia000
emo goose

Fucking hell :( :( :( This is my new favourite pic of them. I'm enjoying 2018.
:cactus:
serenlas
tol bean

rainbowcheesecake wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:24 pm Hi! Sorry to jump in here out of nowhere...

I wanted to ask you guys some help with choosing what miniature props I should make to pose them and take some pictures. I'm not the craftiest out there, but I wanted to do something cute.

I've thought of maybe some glasses for Phil and a laptop for the both of them? Would love more suggestions <3
OMG these are adorable and so so clever!
I like your ideas for props... maybe an earring for Dan too?
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

rainbowcheesecake wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:24 pm Hi! Sorry to jump in here out of nowhere...

I've made some other plushies of other youtubers (or more like other youtuber's characters: Antisepticeye, Wilford Warfstache and Darkiplier) you can check out on my tumblr:
THOSE ARE SICK AS HELL, I LOVE IT. YOU HAVE SO MUCH TALENT!
i don't have any suggestions, i think glasses and laptops are good! how about an earring for dan? if u haven't already given him one!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The audio I was supposed to get from the Belfast show fell through and I currently have no one on the schedule for tomorrow so if you know anyone who either a) went to the show today and got audio or b) is going to Dublin tomorrow and can record it, please let me know!
DryCereal
koi pond

kavat wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:23 pm
sugar wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:05 pm the power couple vibes are through the roof....keep it coming, boys.

also can’t attach since i’m on my phone but cat and tyler’s comments on dan’s insta...two kinds of people :lol:
Image Indeed
Oh Cat. :rofl: Keep that "straight male friend who knows fashion" AU alive. :ribena:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I honestly thought Phil had painted his nails in that picture and now I’m living for that to happen!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
DryCereal
koi pond

missemma wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:07 pm I honestly thought Phil had painted his nails in that picture and now I’m living for that to happen!
He paints Dan's nails. Abysmally. ;) That might have to be enough for you m'lovely. :thumb:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
hello9217
flower crown

missemma wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:07 pm I honestly thought Phil had painted his nails in that picture and now I’m living for that to happen!
Considering that phil said the one time he had his nails painted he wanted to rip his nails off I really doubt that would ever happen.
knq
lava lamp

Tyler makes an excellent point. He is really a perceptive lad. :lol:

Dan and Phil are looking beautiful, but I wish they would be looking beautiful in color. I, too, was confused by Phil’s hand and wondered if he had very pointy black nails.

Thank you to everyone who linked me to the Scotland event and TV show from 2012! I was out today and just got a chance to check. That was indeed the TV show they were talking about. I started with the live show where they sang Phantom of The Opera (which I loved way too much) and then figured I’d work my way forward from the first liveshow after that. What I have picked up on so far is that Phil tells fans he loves them often and I should press the button to become a fan and win a Totoro. :thumb:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Played around with google trends some...
  • The most recent big spike (and second biggest overall) is week of April 15-21. Dan's Giving the People What They Want was posted April 15, Phil's Week in the Life was posted April 22.
  • The biggest spike is week of December 10-16. What happened that week?

Less of the occasional spike of interest, and more like a consistent high interest? Spikes seem to fall predictably around when Dan and Phil post videos.
  • June 4-June 10
  • July 2-July 19 (the one that's not so much a spike as it is a brief but still more consistent period of searching)
  • Jul 23-Jul 29
  • Aug 13-Aug 19
  • Sept 17-Sept 23
  • Oct 22-Oct 28
  • Nov 6-Dec 2
  • Dec 3-Dec 9
  • Dec 17-Dec 23
  • March 4-Mar 10
  • Apr 29-May 5
scientia
phabergé

Dan's Insta story with that Pusha-T album cover...I mean is he roasting it or calling it fire? It's late and I can't tell lol
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:42 am Played around with google trends some...
  • The most recent big spike (and second biggest overall) is week of April 15-21. Dan's Giving the People What They Want was posted April 15, Phil's Week in the Life was posted April 22.

Less of the occasional spike of interest, and more like a consistent high interest? Spikes seem to fall predictably around when Dan and Phil post videos.
  • June 4-June 10
  • July 2-July 19 (the one that's not so much a spike as it is a brief but still more consistent period of searching)
  • Jul 23-Jul 29
  • Aug 13-Aug 19
  • Sept 17-Sept 23
  • Oct 22-Oct 28
  • Nov 6-Dec 2
  • Dec 3-Dec 9
  • Dec 17-Dec 23
  • March 4-Mar 10
  • Apr 29-May 5
FASCINATING. OMG, I really enjoy this and it got me to do a bit of my own digging.

Re: your December find, it looks like the spikes were specifically on the actual 10th and 16th, which coincides with Patronus and Millionaire vids respectively. I feel like that doesn't say much? (Though the 9th was the cheese-costume live stream, so lawd knows.)

I also did a bit of investigating on a grander scale and searched "are dan and phil dating" (blue) vs "are dan and phil together"(red) from Nov 2009 to now:
Biggest spike's on August 2015. Tour + book + lots of 7-second challenge (remember that app?) + questionable shane podcast made that a wild ride, I imagine, but if anyone can think of a concrete moment, that would be cool. And then of course, as you noted - April 2017 has a spike, no surprise. I'm excited to review this when the forever home rolls around.

IDK why this is enjoyable to me, but it is. A+++ post.
scientia wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 am Dan's Insta story with that Pusha-T album cover...I mean is he roasting it or calling it fire? It's late and I can't tell lol
I'm thinking he's calling it fire. I don't foresee Dan criticizing any music on IG stories any time soon.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:42 am Played around with google trends some...

• June 4-June 10
  • Jul 23-Jul 29
  • Aug 13-Aug 19
  • Sept 17-Sept 23
  • Oct 22-Oct 28
  • Nov 6-Dec 2
  • Dec 3-Dec 9
  • Dec 17-Dec 23
  • March 4-Mar 10
  • Apr 29-May 5
That's actually really interesting to see.

From what I noticed, for the big spike in December, some of the more notable things from that week were they went to the Star Wars premiere, and posted the Rainbow Island and school lunches videos (amongst others, but those seem the 'gayest' on the surface).

All of those other ones seem to involve some sort of more explicit indication of their queerness or a viral tweet/video from either of them. I guess when people outside of the core fanbase are exposed to their content and get curious about them, one thing leads to another when google searching. I'm sure this is reaching in a sense, but from my own experience before knowing anything about them besides their names and faces from gifs, I assumed they were together, or at the very least queer, and that was in 2014.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

@rainbowcheesecake those plushies are really cute!!!! i like making concept art for plushies or clothes or whatnot but i dont hve good sewing skills so i do envy you a bit lol, ill go with what people had suggested as well: earrings and glasses would be cute. you could easily use tiny jumprings or tiny malleable craft wires for those. laptops would also be cute!
"you are next to me in my life"
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

scientia wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 am Dan's Insta story with that Pusha-T album cover...I mean is he roasting it or calling it fire? It's late and I can't tell lol
p sure he's calling it fire, or at least that specific song. i listened to it after he posted and have to say i don't agree. i usually love dans music recs but this seemed pretty basic -- i almost wish he was saying he was roasting it :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
sweetlyphan
delia smith

obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 am

• June 4-June 10
  • Jul 23-Jul 29
  • Aug 13-Aug 19
  • Sept 17-Sept 23
  • Oct 22-Oct 28
  • Nov 6-Dec 2
  • Dec 3-Dec 9
  • Dec 17-Dec 23
  • March 4-Mar 10
  • Apr 29-May 5
That's actually really interesting to see.

From what I noticed, for the big spike in December, some of the more notable things from that week were they went to the Star Wars premiere, and posted the Rainbow Island and school lunches videos (amongst others, but those seem the 'gayest' on the surface).

All of those other ones seem to involve some sort of more explicit indication of their queerness or a viral tweet/video from either of them. I guess when people outside of the core fanbase are exposed to their content and get curious about them, one thing leads to another when google searching. I'm sure this is reaching in a sense, but from my own experience before knowing anything about them besides their names and faces from gifs, I assumed they were together, or at the very least queer, and that was in 2014.

The first thing I thought of too in regards to gamingmas was rainbow island. Some other things I found while scrolling my tumblr archive:
  • July- tweeting about uk pride, Dan's tinder video, the first liveshow from the moon room
  • August- joint liveshow, playing dream daddy
  • September- Caribbean holiday?
  • October- inflatable Halloween costume, joint liveshow, spooky week
  • November- dog calendar, "you and dan are so married", joint liveshow, pinof
  • December- gamingmas, Dan spending most of the Christmas holiday with Phil's family
  • March- "trying to live my truth"
  • April/May- "giving the people what they want", joint liveshow, tour, ty ly bb, "mounting some men"
:prideheart2:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

omg stats and colourful charts and analytics and plushies! i'm living for this thread right now

can't wait to read all this back properly later. my analytical brain is SO SATISFIED
art in avatar by lily
Amiaw
interactive introvert

KatjaZoe wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:33 am
p sure he's calling it fire, or at least that specific song. i listened to it after he posted and have to say i don't agree. i usually love dans music recs but this seemed pretty basic -- i almost wish he was saying he was roasting it :lol:
Not a fan of the song either imo but it’s not surprising it got a Dan shout-out because it/the whole album was produced by Kanye
autumnhearth
senpai

Very very cute. I could see a big potted house plant for Phil (a big bulbous cactus with a dark pink flower could look nice in felt, lol, just realized I was subconsciously getting inspiration from the flowers in the basket behind them) and a puppy for Dan/both of them. :love2:

I wish I had a mind for statistics, I want to geek out over the charts, but my brain just nopes out.

Quick vent: yesterday my son sang Toxic in front of my parents at our Memorial Day cookout. I was in the other room and my older brother came in trying to escape. Then my mom helped him cut out a picture of Britney Spears from his Pepsi bottle. He claimed she was his favorite singer. I blame Dan... and I suppose Phil.
dancy
procrastinator

@rainbowcheesecake Aww, those plushies are so cute! I like them more than D&P's official plushies Maybe some game controllers would be nice props too?

I can't believe the UK leg of the tour is already over, I went by pretty quickly! I'm excited to see them travel through Europe now and going to countries they haven't been before or haven't been to often. I hope this means we'll get some more touristy pics and Instagram stories à la DAPGO kinda. I feel like most Insta stories they've done thus far took place in hotels/venues but I'd love to see them do some sightseeing, trying out different cuisines, attempting to speak different languages etc.

Regarding the trailer, I do think it's mainly made to sell more tickets in the US rather than Europe but the US tour starts in 4 weeks, so wouldn't they wanna give people some time to get tickets beforehand? I really don't understand what's taking them so long when they've already got the footage and it's most likely already been edited by Mark (and partly by themselves maybe).
hello9217
flower crown

This may just be me who thought this but I totally believed that the trailer would be for when they put up the tour on netflix or youtube red or wherever they are going to post it. So like it would be the tour ends and then the trailer would be advertising watching it online.
But I also can see them putting up before the US tour starts to sell more tickets. Did they do that for TATINOF?
susan2
rainbow nerd

hello9217 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:55 pm This may just be me who thought this but I totally believed that the trailer would be for when they put up the tour on netflix or youtube red or wherever they are going to post it. So like it would be the tour ends and then the trailer would be advertising watching it online.
But I also can see them putting up before the US tour starts to sell more tickets. Did they do that for TATINOF?
Yep -

wow that acting :lol:
RIP Phil's Captain America t-shirt