Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

gif credit: gaykery
Please carry on 😎
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Oh what a great thread name! Just in time for the beginning of Pride month as well ;) :prideheart: Thank you whoever suggested it!
autumnhearth
senpai

Fantastic thread name! And with the boys watching Australian Bake Off this morning.

:rainbow: :rainbowsparkle: :prideflag: :rainbowsparkle: :prideheart: :rainbowsparkle: Happy Pride Month! :rainbowsparkle: :prideheart: :rainbowsparkle: :prideflag: :rainbowsparkle: :rainbow:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 amI definitely would get it if this is the first time he's ever done a tweet like this but he hasn't. He tweeted something back in 2015 saying "tweeting indirects about your own problem as a cry for help :lol: :| " and then obviously people ask if everything is ok and he's like yeah everything I tweet is just a joke don't take it seriously. Also in 2015 he tweeted "don't trust people who tell you other people's secrets" and then phandom went mad trying to theorize over who he's talking about and then he does a liveshow saying he's just talking about an old friend and was just trying to tweet in the style of conor franta.
Tbh I think Dan does when when he's in a depressive mood sometimes, and I think he will obviously always come back later and say he's joking but that doesn't mean the tweet didn't originally come from a very low place. And he didn't actually respond with " i'm just joking everything's a joke i'm a joke help" which tbh worried people back then just as much as his original tweet.

That said, I'm not really of the opinion that phandom has to white knight for him. I guess I fall into kind of a middle ground where I neither want to make fun of him for it nor do I feel like whatever mood he was in is something support from phandom can fix. Sometimes you need people in your real life there for you (which I feel like he has), not strangers who don't really know you or really know your problems offering platitudes, no matter how well meaning they are.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Phil busy taking photos of his bf again: ...and Dan's boomerang:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:21 pm Phil busy taking photos of his bf again:
You ever look at shit like this and just think, Fuck. Phil's so in love.

I'm not trying to write fanfic here, I'm just saying Dan talks the talk, but Phil walks the walk.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

they are... so in love...
:happytears:
phil thought about how beautiful the view was and how beautiful dan is and he wanted to capture that
(im gross sorry)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

rizzo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:23 pm You ever look at shit like this and just think, Fuck. Phil's so in love.

I'm not trying to write fanfic here, I'm just saying Dan talks the talk, but Phil walks the walk.
Dan thought the view was pretty, Phil thought he was prettier. <3
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I think the pictures is 99% Phil enjoying the opportunity to prank Dan with a good pun about his name in 1% true love :lol:

The way I look at it, I expect to see the lens and skill of a director when I watch a move, of an actor when i see a character played, en the signs and tricks of a "social media influencer" when i look at their social media. It doesn't mean that none of Dan's personality come out through his tweets, but that I expect him to be aware of what he shares, and use a specific angle and specific filters (and I don't mean just visual ones) when communicating with an audience.
To me, him saying something like "I just wanted to make a tweet in Conner Franta's style" just shows he's trying to imitate the style there of a professional peer and that it can be tricky indeed to interpret it.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
autumnhearth
senpai

Yeah sure, just a prank bro. :roll:

I’m of the opinion that the photo came first and the pun was added to make it social media worthy, just like that silly hopping surfer tacked on the photo of Dan looking out to sea on the beach at Brighton. But you know, I also believe in love.

Glad they are out and about, enjoying the sights.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Can a friend please prank me by taking gorgeous waterfront photos of me and sharing them with 3.5 million people that they know will fawn all over it and me? I could use that kind of prank in my life.
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:28 pm Can a friend please prank me by taking gorgeous waterfront photos of me and sharing them with 3.5 million people that they know will fawn all over it and me? I could use that kind of prank in my life.
Only if you share your life with me and we travel the world I GUESS
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I also believe in true love, but true love doesn't need to come in pictures you take, 'enhance' to be social media worthy and then share your it to 3.5 mil users ;) Maybe prank isn't exactly the word. Maybe they just know that everybody expects photo's of them at about every location and some will read their true undying love in it whatever gets posted, so they give the people what they want.
But hey, it works however an individual thinks about it. Nobody is going to dislike them making nice pictures. I like that they are spending some time downtown, hopefully it will be the start of a long series of touristy pics <3
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
starwatersong
phabergé

More like Amster-damn, amirite?

(Sorry :? )
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

liola wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:32 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:28 pm Can a friend please prank me by taking gorgeous waterfront photos of me and sharing them with 3.5 million people that they know will fawn all over it and me? I could use that kind of prank in my life.
#alioldizzy :love2:
liola
rankussy

They haven't posted touristy pictures in every location at all though? Like I don't understand why every cute thing has to be because the phandom is evil and ugly and force them to be cute and shippy!!

I just don't get it I guess :shrug:
rizzo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:44 pm
The true otp everyone can go home :love2:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker

It feels a bit ironic that Phil’s taken this lovely picture of Dan with a lovely view that he’s completely missing by looking at his phone. It’s a good pose, though.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

true love is taking a picture of someone with a milk moustache and still managing to make them look good
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ugh they are killing it with the pictures and stories today. I love what a lovely day they seem to be having.
liola wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:46 pm They haven't posted touristy pictures in every location at all though? Like I don't understand why every cute thing has to be because the phandom is evil and ugly and force them to be cute and shippy!!

I just don't get it I guess :shrug:
rizzo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:44 pm
The true otp everyone can go home :love2:
Deppy who? Nope just us now.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Heck me, that’s adorable. Milk froth placed perfectly. I wonder if they got in there with a napkin to shape it just right. Glad they’re having a nice time out there.
autumnhearth
senpai

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:01 pm

true love is taking a picture of someone with a milk moustache and still managing to make them look good
Just adding on. Dan’s instastory could almost be read as commentary on Phil’s story of him: similar framing with a 3/4 profile of a dark haired guy from the back in front of the river/canal, then zooming in on the architectural as the thing you’re in love with, but you know probably not.
sparkle
blobfish

God can they please get ugly :dead: how the fuck does he make a milk moustache look not completely gross.

also re: Dans tweet yesterday.
Same lol.

(Also today is one year on here for me. Wow.)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm weirdly happy about all this love from them for my birthplace. :happytears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i don't really think phil takes these pictures of dan cause all the demon phannies are forcing them to, instead i think it's much easier and more logical to assume that he takes them cause he thinks dan is pretty and amsterdam is pretty as well. not everything they do is "giving the people what they want".
:roll:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
yeetussy
glabella

Starting off pride month with a bang :prideflag: :rainbow: :biheart: :demiheart: :genderqueerheart: :nbheart: :panheart: :transheart: :asexualheart:

Phil is not only an actual photographer, but he invented photography itself. Tell me otherwise and Dan will always be his muse fight me

They’re so married it’s ugly someone take away their phones