Germany - Berlin Tempodrom - 9th June

Lea Lilienthal
not a first-time poster

Hi there :D As I'm going to the show on my own, I hope that I can meet some people in the afternoon/evening before the show starts. If anyone is planning something like a meet up, I would love to join as well!
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

I'm so nervous, I've considered selling my tickets more times than I want to admit :? I'll be travelling alone and I do not cope well without friends and family as my security blanket, even though I once lived in another city without them nearby. Go figure. It does help a little that I'm not the only one who's going alone though! And I'd definitely love a meet-up.
pulvis et umbra sumus
theseclouds
crusty sponge

Hey, don't be nervous! :hug: I know travelling on your own can sound scary, but it'll all be fine! and once you're in Berlin you'll be surrounded by loads of likeminded people :D

I think a few months back there was talk of making a group on whatsapp or telegram or sth to maybe coordinate a potential meetup better? Does anyone wanna get that started? :D
fondsmiles
phabergé

theseclouds wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:41 pm
I think a few months back there was talk of making a group on whatsapp or telegram or sth to maybe coordinate a potential meetup better? Does anyone wanna get that started? :D
oooh yes i am definitely for a group chat! telegram is good because you don't even have to share phone numbers with each other, you can use user names. i would also not mind creating the group chat! just send me your user names if you'd like to be in it and i'll add you :)
[x]
[x]
uninspiredbun
crusty sponge

@nephilimcat same, i had to avoid everything regarding the tour and especially meet and greet pics like the plague because it all made me not wanna go :?

@fondsmiles yes i'd like to join your group for some sight seeing maybe? i'll be arriving friday as well but i'm staying at a hostel near the venue

i also like the idea of a group chat but i don't have telegram so i'd have to download that first
holowaterfall
tol bean

feels really good to know that one is not alone with anxiety regarding the show..but I'm also happy I've kept my ticket and to meet you guys :ribena: .

@fondsmiles should we send you a PM for the telegram group chat thing?
the weeping of the sea
fondsmiles
phabergé

holowaterfall wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:37 pm feels really good to know that one is not alone with anxiety regarding the show..but I'm also happy I've kept my ticket and to meet you guys :ribena: .

@fondsmiles should we send you a PM for the telegram group chat thing?
yes, please do! :) we're four people right now and have veeeeery vaguely discussed some things. :D I'll add you if you send me your user name!
[x]
[x]
loonyradish
living flop

Anyone else here staying in Berlin for the whole weekend? I'll be there from Friday morning to Sunday evening. Meeting up with a friend on Saturday, but I'm still looking for company on the other days! Are any of you meeting up on Friday/Sunday? <3
fondsmiles
phabergé

loonyradish wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:13 am Anyone else here staying in Berlin for the whole weekend? I'll be there from Friday morning to Sunday evening. Meeting up with a friend on Saturday, but I'm still looking for company on the other days! Are any of you meeting up on Friday/Sunday? <3
I personally won't have time, sorry! I'm doing stuff with friends on friday and on sunday i already drive back home pretty early in the day. maybe someone else has time, i wish you luck!
[x]
[x]
loonyradish
living flop

fondsmiles wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:54 pm
loonyradish wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:13 am Anyone else here staying in Berlin for the whole weekend? I'll be there from Friday morning to Sunday evening. Meeting up with a friend on Saturday, but I'm still looking for company on the other days! Are any of you meeting up on Friday/Sunday? <3
I personally won't have time, sorry! I'm doing stuff with friends on friday and on sunday i already drive back home pretty early in the day. maybe someone else has time, i wish you luck!
Thank you! Hope you'll have a good time in Berlin!
theseclouds
crusty sponge

I'm gonna be busy on Friday meeting old friends who live in Berlin, and I'm travelling on to Prague on Sunday, so I sadly won't be available either, sorry!
Berlingirl
first-time poster

Hi everyone,

I've been reading/lurking on here for over 2 years now, but never got to writing myself.
I'm going by myself to the Tempodrome show, because nobody I know is watching D&P.

I'd love to meet some fellow fans if someone wants to meet up.
fondsmiles
phabergé

Berlingirl wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:21 am Hi everyone,

I've been reading/lurking on here for over 2 years now, but never got to writing myself.
I'm going by myself to the Tempodrome show, because nobody I know is watching D&P.

I'd love to meet some fellow fans if someone wants to meet up.
hi berlingirl, of course! i am sure a bunch of us will be around a couple of hours before the show, but if you want in on eating lunch together (as we're currently planning), you should join our telegram group :) just message me with your user name if you're interested.
[x]
[x]
loonyradish
living flop

One of the things that stuck with me were Phil saying something about "lets get casual" but he used a short form of "casual", so what he said sounded like "let"s get cash", and that made me laugh. Sadly no one else laughed, but it was still a good moment :lol:

Edit for correct quote
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

I gotta say, I thought the show was good but too scripted. I don't get how they say that Interactive Introverts is more interactive than Tatinof - I think Tatinof was actually done better with audience participation (the why I was a weird kid pictures, Internet Support Group voice messages, 7 second challenge..). To me, II was a bit too much talking and not much doing anything.
Also, I feel like the audience in Berlin didn't get half the jokes. Too young and not enough understanding of English.

Loved the second part a lot more than the first, I didn't like the simulation bit in the beginning (like seriously, they just chose the options they wanted, in the end there was one where the audience was clearly louder for the other one) and I also didn't like the survey part.
Absolutely LOVED the bits they knew in German, actually probably the funniest thing about the show! Also loved the bit with the ball/magic paper trick.