Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

watsonian wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:00 pm II:
Did Dan get sacrificed (twice?) on his birthday? That's just cruel, man. :cry:
Wait what do you mean twice? Isn't the second show at 8pm? I'm confusion :oops:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!! :hbd: :birthday:

RIP Dan's Youth indeed (srsly y'all, clear your cache to see the header). Can't believe he's 27 years old now. When is the phandom gonna start calling him 'almost 30!!!' now as if it's the end of the world like they did with Phil? :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:28 pm I can see the banner and it is indeed super cute! :ribena:

Thanks for sharing Phil. Love the loveseat shot in the lounge. I’m wondering if the one with the black Santa hat was taken at Martyn and Cornelia’s place. The sparkler is definitely from bonfire night with Bryony and who knows about that old wooden ceiling in the first pic.
my bones are telling me that the wooden ceiling was taken at the cottage they went to with PJ and Sophie for someone's bday last year? i forget whomst. i just remembered the pics and it kinda looks similar to the aesthetics. idk i am wrong probably.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

And even better, the hat came from a fan:

https://twitter.com/powerschlumpfi/stat ... 1081444353
hello9217
flower crown

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:28 pm I can see the banner and it is indeed super cute! :ribena:

Thanks for sharing Phil. Love the loveseat shot in the lounge. I’m wondering if the one with the black Santa hat was taken at Martyn and Cornelia’s place. The sparkler is definitely from bonfire night with Bryony and who knows about that old wooden ceiling in the first pic.
I'm pretty sure black santa hat was taken at the IRL christmas dinner. Cornelia tweeted about it and mentioned dan kept his hat from it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Dan wanting to wear his party hat all day is so pure. Happy 27th :birthday:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Happy birthday to Dan. :birthday:
I've really enjoyed all the content we have gotten today.

Love the banner. :ribena:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Also I hate the trend of just reposting someone else's picture and crediting them in a whole different tweet that most people don't see, but for the sake of having both of these side by side:
sparkle
blobfish

Obligatory Happy Birthday to Dan! :hbd: :birthday: :birthday:

(also to whoever is also a Gemini - yay for us sharing star signs!)

As someone who is currently stuck in 'nobody likes you when you're 23' the only lyric I can think of that references being 27 is 'I've only been here for 27 years. But already my life is over' which seems very on brand tbh :lol:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

ohh my heart- all the birthday instastories and photos, plus a black birthday hat all day because why not?? This is 20gayteen and anything can happen: like my heart actually failing from the sheer domestic coziness of that one photo with an empty bottle wine bottle :blackheart: (I'm still waiting for that drunk gaming video btw :philtrash: )

Congrats to Phandom Gives for surpassing their goal and getting recognized- @lilabet, you should be so proud of the good you've done and the sense of community you've brought to the phandom. Well done!

oh, and of course- Happy Birthday Danny boy, enjoy it! :birthday:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
srutututu
tol bean
Pronouns: she/they/he

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:15 pm Also I hate the trend of just reposting someone else's picture and crediting them in a whole different tweet that most people don't see, but for the sake of having both of these side by side:
During the earlier show they said that they couldn't fit the original wheel through the door (that is true! the doors were v small) and that they needed to improvise :D so they both DIYd it before the show.
@hello9217
congrats!!
Last edited by alittledizzy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tags
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

srutututu wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:15 pm Also I hate the trend of just reposting someone else's picture and crediting them in a whole different tweet that most people don't see, but for the sake of having both of these side by side:
During the earlier show they said that they couldn't fit the original wheel through the door (that is true! the doors were v small) and that they needed to improvise :D so they both DIYd it before the show.
Im confused...so they didnt do the spinning part im guessing? (because wow its paper) Are people annoyed that it wasnt the proper set? I think id be quite disappointed if this is what i got when i went to see them :lol: especially after seeing what its supposed to be like? :shrug:
Last edited by alittledizzy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srutututu
tol bean

Yeah, Dan was just standing there and they were trying very hard to show that Phil didn't hit him on purpose :D (he hit him two times and apologised profusely after every time). Dan was so "angry" that he was chosen (and hit) that he ripped the target (not sure if that was wise, they probably needed to make another one before the next show). Later, Phil got a part of it stuck under his shoe - "wheels" revenge I guess :0
Last edited by alittledizzy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
human
dan hand trash

BSV wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 pm
srutututu wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 pm
Im confused...so they didnt do the spinning part im guessing? (because wow its paper) Are people annoyed that it wasnt the proper set? I think id be quite disappointed if this is what i got when i went to see them :lol: especially after seeing what its supposed to be like? :shrug:
Hahaha idk I think that’s quite a quirky way to overcome an issue they can’t possibly have considered. Who would think that theatre doors would be too small for something about the same height as the boys? I think the thought of them sitting down to draw a target by hand for their show because they care and wanted the audience to have something is quite endearing.

Besides, in Basingstoke, they said “bring on the target!” instead and it was a smaller target because the stage was so tiny, that they just stood in front of. Besides that it’s pretty funny to have Phil squealing as he spins, it wasn’t that different? They still make a big act of trying to miss but deliberately aiming sometimes for somewhere that doesn’t hurt or sometimes somewhere close to the others body. The target spinning doesn’t make a great deal of difference! They only spin it all the way around 2-3 times. It didn’t spoil anything in Basingstoke particularly.
Enjoying the birthday content a lot, d’awwww. Hoping they all went out tonight or at least had drinks in the hotel to celebrate!
Ablissa
pastel persona

Phew.
I attended both the shows in Warsaw today. The first one I had a front-row, M&G ticket for, the second was some rubbish seat just to see the other show.

I've never loved these boys more than I do right now, almost six years in the Phandom, I'm just in love, blown away and so happy. I'm sitting here trying to memorise everything to keep for when depression hits me hard again.

I don't want to spoil anything, but I guess it's no spoiler to say that we sang happy birthday on the first show and then "sto lat" (Polish happy birthday) which Dan seemed to like, and then on the second show he requested we only sing sto lat instead. Both times singing was suggested by Phil, but we had the plan to do it anyway. We had birthday hats on both shows (he remarked on them both times but holy fuck did they make it hard to see from the back rows!!!)

On the second show, we had pieces of paper with candles on them, Dan spat on blew the candles and we turned the papers around to say "one year closer to the sweet release of death" or "happy birthday Danny boy".
On the second show we also sang sto lat again once they left the stage.

Dan wore his hat for the majority of the matinee show and the entirety of the evening show.

People brought them a lot of candies, baked goods, even vodka :D and it was all delivered by the staff at the venue. Enjoy boys :thumb:

I hope that Dan had a good birthday despite working the whole day and I'm just so happy that I got to see them on a day like today.

Spoilers inc
liola wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:14 pm
watsonian wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:00 pm II:

Did Dan get sacrificed (twice?) on his birthday? That's just cruel, man. :cry:
Wait what do you mean twice? Isn't the second show at 8pm? I'm confusion :oops:
Dan got sacrificed on the first show, Phil lost the lightning thing though. Dan also got the bad scenario on the first show where he died in a furry rave toilet lol
On the second show, Phil got sacrificed, Dan lost the lightning, Phil got the bad ending with satan and Dan got the "happy" ending of being in a polygamous relationship with 4 furries.
ironic
lady door

Some thoughts after the Polish show (the first one):
Quite frankly I was a bit underwhelmed; like I don't regret going 'cause it was nice and all and it's so cool to finally see them in the flesh; the problem is most of the time they didn't really feel real? Idk maybe it's because I was sitting way in the back of the theatre so I didn't see them that well but my point is more about what they showed and not what they looked like. It just all felt a little bit too... practiced? fake? idk what's the word I'm looking for, I kind of felt like watching two clown-ish comedians which would be totally fine if their jokes weren't so old and overused to the point they don't make me laugh at all.

People seemed to enjoy it, though! And it melted my heart to see so many happy teenagers laughing and singing; even more to see so many teenagers wearing pride colors and manifesting themselves in other ways. (Man times has changed since I was their age and I'm not even that much older. Or maybe it's just the city.)

Anyway, there were some really nice moments and I like that we managed to sing happy birthday in Polish and that Dan liked it. They're cute and I love them even when they bore me, what do :shrug: :love1:
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I'm a bit late (not that it matters, he's not reading this anyway), but yay happy birthday dan! The black party hat was hilarious.

And congratulations to Phandom Gives on the tweet and reaching the goal!

Quick shoutout to Phil for showing up with the good photos of Dan. I've never been less attracted to him :lol:

I also loved the handmade spinning wheel. There's just something so cute about imagining them on the floor, frantically drawing circles on these massive papers, just so they could have something to work with at least. And let's be real, it fits their whole DIY-youtube thing as well. And then just ripping it apart? That just sounds great, all that hard work, gone in one moment of rage :lol:
Ablissa
pastel persona

ironic wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:18 pm Some thoughts after the Polish show (the first one):
Quite frankly I was a bit underwhelmed; like I don't regret going 'cause it was nice and all and it's so cool to finally see them in the flesh; the problem is most of the time they didn't really feel real? Idk maybe it's because I was sitting way in the back of the theatre so I didn't see them that well but my point is more about what they showed and not what they looked like. It just all felt a little bit too... practiced? fake? idk what's the word I'm looking for, I kind of felt like watching two clown-ish comedians which would be totally fine if their jokes weren't so old and overused to the point they don't make me laugh at all.

People seemed to enjoy it, though! And it melted my heart to see so many happy teenagers laughing and singing; even more to see so many teenagers wearing pride colors and manifesting themselves in other ways. (Man times has changed since I was their age and I'm not even that much older. Or maybe it's just the city.)

Anyway, there were some really nice moments and I like that we managed to sing happy birthday in Polish and that Dan liked it. They're cute and I love them even when they bore me, what do :shrug: :love1:
Funny how we can have such differing opinions, haha. I had high-ish expectations and they exceeded them still.
It was rehearsed, I'll give you that. I've read the spoilers though so I knew what to expect. I found similar patterns in the two shows even if answers and questions were different. And yeah, jokes about cereal and house plants do feel old by now.
But through all that, they still felt genuine to me, and they played off each other beautifully. idk, I really loved the show, and I'm definitely not a teen, I'm 27.

I agree the crowd was really colourful and it was great to see so many happy faces.
srutututu
tol bean

ironic wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:18 pm Some thoughts after the Polish show (the first one):

I pretty much agree.

Tiny spoilers:
It was like a bingo card. There was Loki - the one crispy dude, more dead houseplant jokes, stealing cereal (a LOT of this joke in the first show), Phil being so pale af that he needed to put on SPF50 to go outside and get coffee - even though it was cloudy in Warsaw today, furry stuff, Haru body pillow, "the sweet release of death" from Dan a couple of times... yeah! If you knew how they joke about this stuff almost every show, then you were disappointed for sure.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I missed the edit window, and I wanted to add my m&g pic, so here it is. I look awful & like I'm about to cry (which I probably was), Dan looks like he wants to die, Phil looks tired. But still, it was great. :D
(Sorry if this doesn't belong in the main thread, feel free to delete if so, I'm just on a "phan rush")
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

srutututu wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 pm

I pretty much agree.

Tiny spoilers:
It was like a bingo card. There was Loki - the one crispy dude, more dead houseplant jokes, stealing cereal (a LOT of this joke in the first show), Phil being so pale af that he needed to put on SPF50 to go outside and get coffee - even though it was cloudy in Warsaw today, furry stuff, Haru body pillow, "the sweet release of death" from Dan a couple of times... yeah! If you knew how they joke about this stuff almost every show, then you were disappointed for sure.
I feel like if you expected Dan and Phil to literally put on an entirely different show every single night for 70+ shows then I can see the disappointment, but I also feel like that would be a highly unrealistic expectation to have to begin with. They're not professional stage/improv comedians, they're not theater actors - sorry Dan, I know you did drama and all, but - they're youtubers who I think actually do a really fantastic job of changing it up just enough so that no two shows are identical while also keeping it within a framework that isn't going to mentally or creatively exhaust them.

So yeah, they do reuse a lot of the jokes, but to me that's just like... what happens in a show, you know? They do have a script, they're putting it on for a different audience every night presuming most of the audience hasn't seen/heard/read every spoiler, that's how shows on tour generally operate. I guess while I'll have the same reaction of 'yeah, I've heard this' I don't blame them for the fact that nothing will be a surprise to me, I consider that as being on me for having sought out the spoilers.
srutututu
tol bean

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 pm
srutututu wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 pm

I pretty much agree.

Tiny spoilers:
I feel like if you expected Dan and Phil to literally put on an entirely different show every single night for 70+ shows then I can see the disappointment, but I also feel like that would be a highly unrealistic expectation to have to begin with. They're not professional stage/improv comedians, they're not theater actors - sorry Dan, I know you did drama and all, but - they're youtubers who I think actually do a really fantastic job of changing it up just enough so that no two shows are identical while also keeping it within a framework that isn't going to mentally or creatively exhaust them.

So yeah, they do reuse a lot of the jokes, but to me that's just like... what happens in a show, you know? They do have a script, they're putting it on for a different audience every night presuming most of the audience hasn't seen/heard/read every spoiler, that's how shows on tour generally operate. I guess while I'll have the same reaction of 'yeah, I've heard this' I don't blame them for the fact that nothing will be a surprise to me, I consider that as being on me for having sought out the spoilers.
I know, I know :D I knda knew what was coming and I still enjoyed the show, just saying if somebody knows all the jokes already it might be a bit boring. My main issue is that some of those jokes I've been hearing for years (especially the cereal stealing stuff), not that every show is simillar. The whole premise of this tour was to show more realistic side of their personas, but honestly it's a mixed bag. A lot of what they are doing right now is groundbreaking for their realtionship with their audience, for years they hadn't acknowleded some stuff and hadn't talked about other things. And now, they want to change it, and I know I can't expect them to suddenly take a complete 180 turn.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm working on the matinee transcript, but like... can we just consider this our IDB shoutout from Dan?
Joint Truth Bombs: If they released a fragrance, what would it be called?
D: A question people on weird forums have been asking for years.
Last edited by mermaid blood on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: because i'm an idiot
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:25 pm I'm working on the matinee transcript, but like... can we just consider this our IDB shoutout from Dan?
lmao. who's calling who weird, mister?

but also... yeah fair enough
srutututu
tol bean

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:25 pm I'm working on the matinee transcript, but like... can we just consider this our IDB shoutout from Dan?
More like:
D: What do Dan and Phil smell like? A question people on weird forums have been asking for years.
:lol: