Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dancy
procrastinator

ame wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 pm
dancy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:59 pm Oh yeah, I was watching a recent video in which three teachers who didn't know D&P reacted to one of Dan's videos (I Nearly Blinded Myself), one of Phil's videos (DIY GLOW IN THE DARK FLUFFY SLIME), as well as a joint one (THE PHOTO BOOTH CHALLENGE). All three of them seemed to find Phil's video and personality a lot funnier and and expressed that he was more entertaining, which was kinda interesting to me considering I've often seen people describe Phil's content as childish/immature (which isn't something I agree with). Dunno, I just liked seeing that, I guess.
ooooh i wanna see that video, do you have any links? im a sucker for reaction videos
Here you go!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

dancy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:59 pm Oh yeah, I was watching a recent video in which three teachers who didn't know D&P reacted to one of Dan's videos (I Nearly Blinded Myself), one of Phil's videos (DIY GLOW IN THE DARK FLUFFY SLIME), as well as a joint one (THE PHOTO BOOTH CHALLENGE). All three of them seemed to find Phil's video and personality a lot funnier and and expressed that he was more entertaining, which was kinda interesting to me considering I've often seen people describe Phil's content as childish/immature (which isn't something I agree with). Dunno, I just liked seeing that, I guess.
Idk their reactions kind of made since to me. If you don't even know who dan is a 20 minute video is quite a lot to ease someone into. Phil's video was short and entertaining. It shows off his humor fairly well.
hello9217
flower crown

Sorry for the double post but I noticed they updated the website where they got rid of all the dates they have already done. The TBC shows are still up. The Canada one is literally in August though, or at least looks like it will be in August, so I have no clue how they will ever work that one through. Just need that sweet communication.
amberblogslife
squish

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:26 pm
ame wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 am
obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:51 am
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 pm I have a crush on someone, but I'm too scared to ask them out, as I'm a huge loser. Help!
D: Relatable! Okay. What would you say, Phil? Give us some love advice?
P: Jake, if they don't accept you for being a huge loser, then they're not worth it!
D: Exactly, Phil! Thank you. That is the only piece of advice you need. Never change yourself for somebody else, okay. If you're like a weird youtube obsessed anime loving nerd, you find yourself another weird youtube obsessed anime loving nerd, okay. At the end of the day, if there are enough people to fill a theater with Dan and Phil fans, there's weirdos out there for everybody! It's true. [Dan starts like five more sentences here but only gets a few words into each one so it's entirely nonsensical to transcribe.]
There's a lot about both of the Warsaw shows that I liked but this stood out to me because this isn't the first time they've given relationship advice while also managing to project bit of their personalities into it (i.e 'youtube obsessed anime loving nerd'). It really makes my demon side come out, but it's also just kind of nice? I know the repetition of it makes it old really fast but I just like it a lot.
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:06 pm What's in Dan's Box?
- Dan's furry boyfriend
D: In this box?! Are you okay-
P: Are there any holes??
D: He dead. He is - my furry boyfriend is crispy like Phil's cactus. That is - oh, jesus. Well, I'm hiding the shame inside this box.

- his phone
D: What is on my phone that I have to lock it in-
P: That's what I want to know.
D: Obviously something I was doing with my furry friend.

- a body pillow
D: A body pillow, okay.
P: A body pillow.
D: Of which character, what do you think?
P: Haru.
D: Haru from free. Okay, that's great. An anime body pillow. I love what you're saying about me.
I also loved this. Obviously they've been so casual lately about mentions of male attraction that it shouldn't be a big deal (and tbh it isn't), but it's just pleasing to see them act that way on stage.

Idk I guess what I'm liking the most about II so far is that while it's clearly more scripted than they initially let on, it's nice to have them perform a sort of middle ground between their video personas and the overacting we got in tatinof.
i had a little eyebrow raise reading the "crush question" part. i found it interesting that dan quickly passed the torch to phil. like, he couldve just answered it then phil can give his own two cents after, but instead he let phil say it first then rambled elaborated on it after.
[Dan starts like five more sentences here but only gets a few words into each one so it's entirely nonsensical to transcribe.]
also this made me laugh cz i can almost imagine dan trying to spit out like a million thoughts at the same time but his mouth is literally just two slices of ham stitched together and cant articulate it to save his life. (honestly, relatable)

as for the furry boyfriend, i fucking snickered loudly during my break at work reading this cz all i could see was the thumbnail from this video....
Honestly yeah I almost put the actual quote in the transcript but I was like, no one is gonna know what this means, everyone is just gonna be confused. I think hearing Dan say things makes it very easy to understand when he's just flubbing his words and it not sound like a big deal. We all know Dan's brain works faster than his mouth sometimes. But typing it out always feels like it should make sense but it... doesn't, lmao.
A twitter like from Dan from yesterday:
Dan's twitter likes and tweets have been giving me some actual anxiety lately. I know he's a grown man, but if I saw one of my internet buddies retweeting/liking stuff like this, about a million alarm bells would go off in my head. Probably reading to much into them, but still.
Constantly in an existential crisis.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I take tweets like that as a good sign. It’s a positive message, anyway.
George
sad dimple

I'm standing outside in a huge line in front of the venue in Helsinki, and this line ain't moving. No way the show starts in fifteen minutes.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

THE QUEUE IS FINALLY MOVING

On a positive note, the building opposite the venue is flying a rainbow flag. Totally unrelated but still cute.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Good news, they've got the full set here!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ooh, love the updates!! I wonder what their delay was? Is that kind of delay normal?
knq
lava lamp

Both of Dan’s recent somewhat out of persona tweets strike me as healthy and positive things. If part of being more authentic in 2018 means incorporating therapy stuff into his regular media presence, even when there’s no punchline to hide behind, I’m here for it and kind of proud of him too.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

amberblogslife wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 pm I have a crush on someone, but I'm too scared to ask them out, as I'm a huge loser. Help!
P: Jake, if they don't accept you for being a huge loser, then they're not worth it!
D: Exactly, Phil! Thank you. That is the only piece of advice you need. Never change yourself for somebody else, okay. If you're like a weird youtube obsessed anime loving nerd, you find yourself another weird youtube obsessed anime loving nerd, okay. At the end of the day, if there are enough people to fill a theater with Dan and Phil fans, there's weirdos out there for everybody! It's true. [Dan starts like five more sentences here but only gets a few words into each one so it's entirely nonsensical to transcribe.]
There's a lot about both of the Warsaw shows that I liked but this stood out to me because this isn't the first time they've given relationship advice while also managing to project bit of their personalities into it (i.e 'youtube obsessed anime loving nerd'). It really makes my demon side come out, but it's also just kind of nice? I know the repetition of it makes it old really fast but I just like it a lot.
- Dan's furry boyfriend
D: He dead. He is - my furry boyfriend is crispy like Phil's cactus. That is - oh, jesus. Well, I'm hiding the shame inside this box.

- his phone

- a body pillow
D: Haru from free. Okay, that's great. An anime body pillow. I love what you're saying about me.
I also loved this. Obviously they've been so casual lately about mentions of male attraction that it shouldn't be a big deal (and tbh it isn't), but it's just pleasing to see them act that way on stage.

Idk I guess what I'm liking the most about II so far is that while it's clearly more scripted than they initially let on, it's nice to have them perform a sort of middle ground between their video personas and the overacting we got in tatinof.
i had a little eyebrow raise reading the "crush question" part. i found it interesting that dan quickly passed the torch to phil. like, he couldve just answered it then phil can give his own two cents after, but instead he let phil say it first then rambled elaborated on it after.
[Dan starts like five more sentences here but only gets a few words into each one so it's entirely nonsensical to transcribe.]
also this made me laugh cz i can almost imagine dan trying to spit out like a million thoughts at the same time but his mouth is literally just two slices of ham stitched together and cant articulate it to save his life. (honestly, relatable)

as for the furry boyfriend, i fucking snickered loudly during my break at work reading this cz all i could see was the thumbnail from this video....
Honestly yeah I almost put the actual quote in the transcript but I was like, no one is gonna know what this means, everyone is just gonna be confused. I think hearing Dan say things makes it very easy to understand when he's just flubbing his words and it not sound like a big deal. We all know Dan's brain works faster than his mouth sometimes. But typing it out always feels like it should make sense but it... doesn't, lmao.
Dan's twitter likes and tweets have been giving me some actual anxiety lately. I know he's a grown man, but if I saw one of my internet buddies retweeting/liking stuff like this, about a million alarm bells would go off in my head. Probably reading to much into them, but still.
i don't think that's a sad tweet at all, i think it's actually correct. it's a mindset i like to be in, it's more realistic. i'm curious to know why some people are feeling this way toward him?
edit: last week i seen people get worried about a tweet he liked from Contrapoints that said "i'm sorry, i'm so fucking sorry." or something like that, but i was laughing cause it's an entire thread that was originally about pizza.
Last edited by ratlad on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
dancy
procrastinator

hello9217 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:55 pm
Idk their reactions kind of made since to me. If you don't even know who dan is a 20 minute video is quite a lot to ease someone into. Phil's video was short and entertaining. It shows off his humor fairly well.
Yeah, I suppose that particular video from Dan may not have been the best one to show to a first-timer but it's nice to see a bunch of adults who aren't familiar with Phil genuinely enjoying him and his video without saying he's being juvenile or not acting his age or whatever kind of criticism some people like to give Phil.
hello9217 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:29 pm Sorry for the double post but I noticed they updated the website where they got rid of all the dates they have already done. The TBC shows are still up. The Canada one is literally in August though, or at least looks like it will be in August, so I have no clue how they will ever work that one through. Just need that sweet communication.
Hm, I believe D&P haven't said anything about the TBC dates since March, thus I'm really hoping and expecting they'll address it sometime in the next two weeks before they head off to the US. Their Rize live show is in one week, so we'll see what happens...

I also saw this on the tour website, which must've been added recently. I think it's rather weird that even people who don't have a ticket to the show can enter the prize draw, since I thought this was gonna be a trick to sell more tickets. Is there any point to this whole thing besides it just being nice for those who couldn't afford a ticket or who didn't manage to get a VIP ticket? And wouldn't it make sense for the email to also include for which date/venue you want to win the M&G though? I had also kinda expected that the winners would be notified earlier than the day before the show, so they would have more time to adjust their travel plans if necessary :shrug:
George
sad dimple

Not really a spoiler but
Apparently Dan's been a naughty boy for Santa and also if there are Moomins out there Phil's ready to.... befriend them
Last edited by George on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 pm Ooh, love the updates!! I wonder what their delay was? Is that kind of delay normal?
They only had two people checking tickets and two other people checking bags, so I'm assuming that was the reason for the delay.
Phil was propositioning to all the potential Moomins in the audience during the opening bants.
amberblogslife
squish

ratlad wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:51 pm
amberblogslife wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 pm
- Dan's furry boyfriend

- his phone

- a body pillow

i don't think that's a sad tweet at all, i think it's actually correct. it's a mindset i like to be in, it's more realistic. i'm curious to know why some people are feeling this way toward him?
edit: last week i seen people get worried about a tweet he liked from Contrapoints that said "i'm sorry, i'm so fucking sorry." or something like that, but i was laughing cause it's an entire thread that was originally about pizza.
can't speak for everyone, but with me it's just being overprotective I guess. I'm actually a psychologist, so rationally I do know that this is probably him being more open about therapy and "living his truth". Emotionally I just get triggered because I'm probably projecting or something. Good on him though!
Constantly in an existential crisis.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Under a cut because it's both an embed and also an actual spoiler, but man you can hear how sick Phil is in this one, especially toward the end. Hope Dan is giving him some sweet vaping tips.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Aww, he sounds bunged and husky, bless him, but his singing still sounds great. That's the best bit of the song.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

dancy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm
hello9217 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:55 pm
Yeah, I suppose that particular video from Dan may not have been the best one to show to a first-timer but it's nice to see a bunch of adults who aren't familiar with Phil genuinely enjoying him and his video without saying he's being juvenile or not acting his age or whatever kind of criticism some people like to give Phil.
hello9217 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:29 pm Sorry for the double post but I noticed they updated the website where they got rid of all the dates they have already done. The TBC shows are still up. The Canada one is literally in August though, or at least looks like it will be in August, so I have no clue how they will ever work that one through. Just need that sweet communication.
Hm, I believe D&P haven't said anything about the TBC dates since March, thus I'm really hoping and expecting they'll address it sometime in the next two weeks before they head off to the US. Their Rize live show is in one week, so we'll see what happens...

I also saw this on the tour website, which must've been added recently. I think it's rather weird that even people who don't have a ticket to the show can enter the prize draw, since I thought this was gonna be a trick to sell more tickets. Is there any point to this whole thing besides it just being nice for those who couldn't afford a ticket or who didn't manage to get a VIP ticket? And wouldn't it make sense for the email to also include for which date/venue you want to win the M&G though? I had also kinda expected that the winners would be notified earlier than the day before the show, so they would have more time to adjust their travel plans if necessary :shrug:
The fact you can enter without a ticket will be for legal reasons. It's usually hidden in a lot of prize draws due to the way laws are written in the US I think.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:09 pm Under a cut because it's both an embed and also an actual spoiler, but man you can hear how sick Phil is in this one, especially toward the end. Hope Dan is giving him some sweet vaping tips.
What show is this from?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:36 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:09 pm Under a cut because it's both an embed and also an actual spoiler, but man you can hear how sick Phil is in this one, especially toward the end. Hope Dan is giving him some sweet vaping tips.
What show is this from?
Warsaw, though I'm not sure which one.
anonymousdork
delia smith

the way his voice drops when he says, "make it this far"... I stan one man only :garbage: :garbage: :garbage:
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

anonymousdork wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 pm
the way his voice drops when he says, "make it this far"... I stan one man only :garbage: :garbage: :garbage:
dan's tone of voice is so sweet and cute :( the way he talks to phil :(
phil's husky voice :( he is doing the best :( wants to make everyone happy and he is succeeding
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I didn't see anyone sharing the new IG story yet. This is very... Dan?
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

somethingsketchy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 pm Ooh, love the updates!! I wonder what their delay was? Is that kind of delay normal?
They only had two people checking tickets and two other people checking bags, so I'm assuming that was the reason for the delay.
To add to this: I was just looking through M&G photos from today and realised that the M&G was held in the entrance hall of the building. It was scheduled to end only ten minutes before the doors were supposed to open, so any delay in the M&G would've pushed back the opening of the doors.
sparkle
blobfish

This post functions as tomorrows daily request from Sparkle for a new dinof video. Please Daniel.

I'm properly angry for the first time in a long while so I'd like another video with something that caught me as off guard as the phrase 'laughter, food, and sex' did, and then trying to work out if Dan made two dick sucking jokes. Its been 3 months and its still my highlight of YouTube this year.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle: