The Dan and Phil White Whale - requests

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Coming here before I lose all my marbles...

I might be mis-remembering things, but at some point wasn't there a whole upset because Dan alluded to a Very Important Video "coming soon" (possibly on twitter/during an LS?) and then posted an ISG?

I'm not crazy, am I? (Well, not over this, at least...!)

Cheers m'dears :)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:08 pm Coming here before I lose all my marbles...

I might be mis-remembering things, but at some point wasn't there a whole upset because Dan alluded to a Very Important Video "coming soon" (possibly on twitter/during an LS?) and then posted an ISG?

I'm not crazy, am I? (Well, not over this, at least...!)

Cheers m'dears :)
youre not losing your marbles, i do remember people being upset at how dan hyped up his videos on liveshows sometimes. i cant really give a good consensus as im one of the people who didnt think it was a big deal, but i do remember the cycle went like this: dan vaguely hyped up a thing > people get hyped and some people thinks its him "coming out" or something to that extent > things comes out and its totally different from what people expected > people get mad at him for hyping up said thing

to answer your question tho, yes. that did happen, and its something that happened more times than we can count so i personally am constantly on "im not expecting anything big" mode. people should just get used to how dan is instead of constantly getting carried away by his words imo....especially in an unscripted liveshow
"you are next to me in my life"
DryCereal
koi pond

Hi @ame! Thanks for the reassurance Im not going crazy! ;) I actually managed to find the LS segment I was looking for this morning, it's the one on the 21/2/17 - before he uploaded ISG9.

*does a happydance*
sunshinias
spork

Does anyone have a full body picture of dan's coat? I'm trying to draw it
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

sunshinias wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:55 am Does anyone have a full body picture of dan's coat? I'm trying to draw it
which....coat? if youre talking about dans semi-transparent white coat then i remember just watching and pausing "giving the people what they want" video - they both wore it there. but if not then....i cannot help you there buddy
"you are next to me in my life"
sunshinias
spork

ame wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:49 pm
sunshinias wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:55 am Does anyone have a full body picture of dan's coat? I'm trying to draw it
which....coat? if youre talking about dans semi-transparent white coat then i remember just watching and pausing "giving the people what they want" video - they both wore it there. but if not then....i cannot help you there buddy
I mean the black one that he wears in the festive day in the life vid. I tried looking at that video but he never shows the full coat from the front :(
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

sunshinias wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:32 pm
ame wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:49 pm
I mean the black one that he wears in the festive day in the life vid. I tried looking at that video but he never shows the full coat from the front :(
Heres the original jacket online! (or at least a photo)
knq
lava lamp

This is so vague, but I'm going a bit crazy remembering a few seconds of a gaming video and never finding it again.

Dan and Phil are competing, but it's not necessarily a Dan vs. Phil. Dan fails at something in-game, but he's very close, and he either does the rage screaming thing or the silent and shocked thing. Phil is giggling and either shakes Dan's shoulder, reaches for his shoulder, or just tilts his head towards Dan's shoulder (my memory is seriously this vague) and still giggling saying something like 'you almost had it' or 'you were so close.'

It was cute. I was probably on DAPG. This is all I remember. :( halp me
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

@watsonian Could it be one of the Impossible Quiz videos? D&P aren't competing against each other in them, but I think there's a moment in one of the videos where everything else you described happens.
knq
lava lamp

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:45 pm @watsonian Could it be one of the Impossible Quiz videos? D&P aren't competing against each other in them, but I think there's a moment in one of the videos where everything else you described happens.
Ooh, it absolutely could be! Maybe the reason I haven't been able to find it is I mistakenly thought it was a competitive game.
DryCereal
koi pond

watsonian wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:28 pm This is so vague, but I'm going a bit crazy remembering a few seconds of a gaming video and never finding it again.

Dan and Phil are competing, but it's not necessarily a Dan vs. Phil. Dan fails at something in-game, but he's very close, and he either does the rage screaming thing or the silent and shocked thing. Phil is giggling and either shakes Dan's shoulder, reaches for his shoulder, or just tilts his head towards Dan's shoulder (my memory is seriously this vague) and still giggling saying something like 'you almost had it' or 'you were so close.'

I'd check Dan vs Sans from the most recent gamingmas too... :shrug:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I'm torturing Google and the forum search right now but I just can't find it - when did Dan mention that he got a DM from Queer Eye's Antoni? I am pretty sure it was a LS...
Amiaw
interactive introvert

watsonian wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:28 pm This is so vague, but I'm going a bit crazy remembering a few seconds of a gaming video and never finding it again.

Was it in Getting Over it around 19:10?
kavat
pastel persona

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:41 am I'm torturing Google and the forum search right now but I just can't find it - when did Dan mention that he got a DM from Queer Eye's Antoni? I am pretty sure it was a LS...
It's in this LS from after the Truth video, at about 11.55.
knq
lava lamp

Amiaw wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:50 am

Was it in Getting Over it around 19:10?
It was not, but that was very cute. <3 At this point I think I may have just pasted together a few different interactions in my memory and thought they were one.
KoR
first-time poster

Literally just made an account just to reply to this lmao

I’m pretty sure it’s golf with friends: Christmas caddy lads 9:28-9:41 :)
knq
lava lamp

KoR wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 am

Literally just made an account just to reply to this lmao

I’m pretty sure it’s golf with friends: Christmas caddy lads 9:28-9:41 :)
yaaaaassss! You beautiful human being, you. Thank you! I’d stopped looking as I thought I made it up. It’s as cute as I remember too. <3
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

There's a moment in one of Dan's 2016 liveshows after they left the BBC where he read out a question asking about when they're supposed to return and he made a face which kind of confirmed that they won't be returning any time soon. Does anyone know which one that's from?
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:46 am There's a moment in one of Dan's 2016 liveshows after they left the BBC where he read out a question asking about when they're supposed to return and he made a face which kind of confirmed that they won't be returning any time soon. Does anyone know which one that's from?

at 56.52
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

idk wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:41 am
obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:46 am There's a moment in one of Dan's 2016 liveshows after they left the BBC where he read out a question asking about when they're supposed to return and he made a face which kind of confirmed that they won't be returning any time soon. Does anyone know which one that's from?

at 56.52
You're a life saver thank you so much!
autumnhearth
senpai

Hello lovely helpful people with brilliant memories, does anyone know where the image on the top left is from? (Sorry this was just the easier way to embed)
I saw one version that had a BBC Radio 1 watermark on it, but I can’t find the particular show or special it was from. And all the gifs I’ve seen of it lead to self insert fan fic (why?)

Or if you know of any other recorded instance where he is wearing that frowny face earring that would be great! Apparently my mind knew for a fact that Dan wore red circle and yellow triangle earring on the Empire State Building in 2012, but it can’t place this guy :(
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:40 pm Hello lovely helpful people with brilliant memories, does anyone know where the image on the top left is from? (Sorry this was just the easier way to embed)
I saw one version that had a BBC Radio 1 watermark on it, but I can’t find the particular show or special it was from. And all the gifs I’ve seen of it lead to self insert fan fic (why?)

Or if you know of any other recorded instance where he is wearing that frowny face earring that would be great! Apparently my mind knew for a fact that Dan wore red circle and yellow triangle earring on the Empire State Building in 2012, but it can’t place this guy :(

Specifically at 2:43
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

Ooo nice! Thank you!i remember watching this once. I wonder if his black earring in the other ear has a face on it. Edit: ah it totally does yay!
starwatersong
phabergé

Who is at 1:26-1:31 in the video? It's definitely Dan and Phil's old flat. Anyone know?

ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

ok i feel like im going crazy, but i remember an interview of some sort, or maybe just someone asking dan and phil about how they deal with arguments or just keep peace at home and work together, and phil said "never go to sleep on an argument"
he's said this a couple times, and i'm not thinking about the part in Dream Daddy, i'm positive that it was in some sort of interview.
but i cannot find it and i am determined to prove that it's real, i remember watching a clip of it earlier this year and it's driving me bonkers. i thought it was the sugarscape interview after tabinof, but i watched all 3 and it's not there either. someone on tumblr said that they remember it as well??? does anyone remember this?
help pls nd thank u.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl