Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

+1 @captainspacecoat @alittledizzy @sparkle
the biggest agree, i'm giving you my thicc agrees.

i didn't want the word "thicc" to be on the top page but here we are i guess
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

honestly i just feel so, so little actual chemistry between them that isn't blatantly 'this is what fans want to hear' that no amount of "but 8 years ago this happened!!" makes me feel strongly that they're together when i used to be very certain they were like i just don't see it without delving into folder of decade old screenshots and deciding to make up the few years since then
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
dancy
procrastinator

TBH when I read about Dan saying Phil plays Fortnite naked on the sofa my first thought was "Ew, that's kinda gross". Like, it's a rented couch and he wants to get his deposit back... :? Anyway, what was Phil's reaction after Dan said that? Did he get embarrassed?
Ngl I've always found relationship talk kinda silly (self-righteousness and same arguments I've already seen a hundred times, big yawn) but I do enjoy seeing alternative (?) opinions and people relating their own experiences to D&P's. Would be rather boring if we all agreed, wouldn't it.

Can't believe the European leg of the tour is almost over now but we're not actually even halfway through the tour yet. I'm excited (and a bit anxious) for what's to come! There's the Rize liveshow (I'll be surprised if it won't crash), Phil's merch, the tour trailer, Dan's video (I think I'm more nervous for the reaction than the video itself), the US tour (tour bus adventures?), more Instagram stories and videos (are we finally gonna get those gaming series?) etc.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

jaej wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 pm honestly i just feel so, so little actual chemistry between them that isn't blatantly 'this is what fans want to hear' that no amount of "but 8 years ago this happened!!" makes me feel strongly that they're together when i used to be very certain they were like i just don't see it without delving into folder of decade old screenshots and deciding to make up the few years since then
I'm just so interested in the opinions of people who used to think they were together/probably together, and now firmly think they are not. All opinions are valid, and no one's gut feeling is more accurate than anyone else's, but I haven't gotten a clear sense of why anyone has changed their mind in that direction.

So: can anyone who feels more certain now that Deppy are not together say why? I'm curious!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

dan’s keysmash in that story. king of gays. thank you.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

someone commented "they are a domestic mess" in the tags on my art and i couldnt stop laughing because its true

anyways

im just all for that character development. im not phased by any of it, im more of cackling at the fact that phil actually plays naked. then the fact that mister daniel was comfortable enough to say it in a live audience is an improvement indeed. honestly, if this happened a few years back, the fandom would implode. there would be people fighting each other, people insisting its just a joke, people going crazy because pROOFS!1, people in the middle going stop guys just let them be. but because this happened Now™, everyone (except for maybe 1%, gotta leave some leeway cz i cant speak for the entire fandom) thinks its just a funny meme no matter what you think of their relationship.

edit: @autumnhearth yes! i saw their fanart and its so funny/cute i love it :love1: :love1: :love1:
Last edited by lesterchuu on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you are next to me in my life"
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:11 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:09 pm
hello9217 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 pm
KatjaZoe wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:15 pm
I'm so sorry i don't want to be the buzzkill no one asked for but i can't stop thinking about this lol. I know this is def a Moment if you already think they're together and its fun and exciting and i'm not trying to take away from that.

But its just strange to me when things like this happen and the main reaction is "yup there no way Just Friends would ever do that".. Because I do? Idk living with my best friends and seeing them naked on a basically daily basis is just something that happens from my experience? Like sometimes its hot and you want to be naked in your own home. Sometimes you need your besties help to take that fire nude. Is that really not normal? Does that just make me and my friends weird? I'm actually curious not just trying to be anti
When I lived with my friend we definitely saw each other naked on occasion. I think the thing that I'm proud? excited? (whatever the right word is) about is that dan actually said it. I think they are in a relationship so no shit they have seen each other naked. I mean sex is one of the three things that makes dan happy. But dan actually saying it in front of people is something that is shocking.
Yeah, in my opinion the shocking thing here isn't that Dan's seen Phil naked but the fact that he actually told us about it. Why would seeing someone naked even have to say anything about your relationship with that person? I've seen plenty of strangers naked in dressing rooms.
Though I do think this is also an iffy comparison. Being naked on own sofa as a casual semi-permanent while playing video games knowing the person you live with will stroll in and see you isn't the same as someone in a dressing room. The latter is functional, the former is 'I know you aren't gonna mind seeing my dick out or my ass sweat on this sofa we both sit on.'
Okay, I just reread what I wrote and realised it somehow managed to come across as saying the exact opposite of what I was going for??? Like, I don't actually disagree with you, I just had a brain flub in the middle of writing my previous post.
so_cheesy
butt chair

It's VERY obvious that DP are together, they just don't say it out loud. But I swear to god the discussions after every 'hint' like the naked playing thing can be so obnoxious, when people act all superior like "SEE I called it!!! phanti whomst???" Just... Chill out, it's okay. This is why people despise us lol.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

For anyone that wants to hear the naked Fortnite reference:
somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:20 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:11 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:09 pm
hello9217 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 pm
KatjaZoe wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:15 pm
I'm so sorry i don't want to be the buzzkill no one asked for but i can't stop thinking about this lol. I know this is def a Moment if you already think they're together and its fun and exciting and i'm not trying to take away from that.

But its just strange to me when things like this happen and the main reaction is "yup there no way Just Friends would ever do that".. Because I do? Idk living with my best friends and seeing them naked on a basically daily basis is just something that happens from my experience? Like sometimes its hot and you want to be naked in your own home. Sometimes you need your besties help to take that fire nude. Is that really not normal? Does that just make me and my friends weird? I'm actually curious not just trying to be anti
When I lived with my friend we definitely saw each other naked on occasion. I think the thing that I'm proud? excited? (whatever the right word is) about is that dan actually said it. I think they are in a relationship so no shit they have seen each other naked. I mean sex is one of the three things that makes dan happy. But dan actually saying it in front of people is something that is shocking.
Yeah, in my opinion the shocking thing here isn't that Dan's seen Phil naked but the fact that he actually told us about it. Why would seeing someone naked even have to say anything about your relationship with that person? I've seen plenty of strangers naked in dressing rooms.
Though I do think this is also an iffy comparison. Being naked on own sofa as a casual semi-permanent while playing video games knowing the person you live with will stroll in and see you isn't the same as someone in a dressing room. The latter is functional, the former is 'I know you aren't gonna mind seeing my dick out or my ass sweat on this sofa we both sit on.'
Okay, I just reread what I wrote and realised it somehow managed to come across as saying the exact opposite of what I was going for??? Like, I don't actually disagree with you, I just had a brain flub in the middle of writing my previous post.
No worries, I got you! :D lmao I just reread my reply back and I should never try to post anything from my phone. So many words omitted.
ratlad
angel bean

lmfao i love that, so did he mention it in the show twice? cause it sounds like it.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

so_cheesy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:34 pm It's VERY obvious that DP are together, they just don't say it out loud. But I swear to god the discussions after every 'hint' like the naked playing thing can be so obnoxious, when people act all superior like "SEE I called it!!! phanti whomst???" Just... Chill out, it's okay. This is why people despise us lol.
Yeah, I don't know why we need to spend pages on a topic we've visited a lot. The phan(ti) discussion is so old. There will always be idiots, don't argue with them. Just earlier I was thinking about a troll that was on the forum some time ago who said some mysterious things and how everything would become clear soon, and everyone was arguing with that person. It's a waste of time.
Let's not act like a lot of people are still on the fence about phan. There's a couple of idiots/trolls/people who don't get it who are riling up everyone on purpose. Don't feed 'em.

Honestly my only thought about the Fortnite comment is "sweaty balls on couch?!?". We should focus more on that.
obvsly
#relatable

Seth Everman is at II and I'm way too excited about it. You think they invited him or he went on his own?
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

obvsly wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:55 pm Seth Everman is at II and I'm way too excited about it. You think they invited him or he went on his own?
id be delighted if he went there on his own accord. i dont follow seth's stuff much but i do know and like his stuff so to think that he likes dnp as well is nice
"you are next to me in my life"
hello9217
flower crown

obvsly wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:55 pm Seth Everman is at II and I'm way too excited about it. You think they invited him or he went on his own?
He went to Tatinof as well. I would think they invited him because him and dan seem to at least be aware of each other online and have a mutual respect for one another.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:50 pm Honestly my only thought about the Fortnite comment is "sweaty balls on couch?!?". We should focus more on that.
Yes. The fact that it's not even their couch is pretty yuck in my opinion, however despite that I'm ridiculously happy at how quick and casual the mention of it was.
This is amazing. My day has improved by at least 70%
apathy
sad dimple

Sunshine wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:45 pm Also, what level of naked are we talking? Genuinely starkers, or has he got underpants on? I just can’t imagine sitting anywhere without clothes on and being comfortable for any length of time.
I’m still getting caught up, but Dan is the guy who said things like “I’m naked from the waist down” in live shows and I thought we’d kind of generally taken it as code for only wearing underwear with his shirt. So yeah, my first interpretation of Phil being naked was “sitting in underpants” as we already know they commonly do that. :shrug: But who knows what that couch has seen.

This comment is unrelated to any opinions on their relationship or familiarity with each other’s nudity, just my personal slight skepticism at Dan being completely literal with this particular statement.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
so_cheesy
butt chair

Oh yes. Dan and Seth, aka Deth, my favourite depressed internet homo pianists :stan:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Mod note:

This forum is for everyone to express their opinions, no matter if it's a topic that's been covered before or an opinion that you disagree with. We welcome debate and a civil back and forth from people with differing perspectives.

(Now back to ball sweat and Seth Everman.)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:23 pm Mod note:

This forum is for everyone to express their opinions, no matter if it's a topic that's been covered before or an opinion that you disagree with. We welcome debate and a civil back and forth from people with differing perspectives.

(Now back to ball sweat and Seth Everman.)
Is this in regards to my post?
I'm sorry if it came across too aggressive (I was actually considering editing it 10 min after but then the discussion had already moved on) or as if I implied people weren't allowed to post.
I just don't get why people can be so invested in the phan discussion in 2018. But I'm also in a mood and I should probably stop posting and get off the internet. Sorry.
ratlad
angel bean

yeah the first thing i thought last night when i seen the discourse on tumblr was: "that's gay" and "they're renting the furniture......"
i don't feel shocked or phased any more rather than just, like, dan,,,why...

also i would die for an insta story with seth but i know that won't happen so i'll just sit here instead, birdwatching from my window.
knq
lava lamp

ratlad wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:49 pm lmfao i love that, so did he mention it in the show twice? cause it sounds like it.
I think when Dan says "see, I told you" he's referring to the "violent" part of "a naked, violent Phil playing Fortnite." :shrug: Difficult to interpret without the photo.
firsttimeposter
living flop

lefthandedism wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:37 pm
jaej wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 pm honestly i just feel so, so little actual chemistry between them that isn't blatantly 'this is what fans want to hear' that no amount of "but 8 years ago this happened!!" makes me feel strongly that they're together when i used to be very certain they were like i just don't see it without delving into folder of decade old screenshots and deciding to make up the few years since then
I'm just so interested in the opinions of people who used to think they were together/probably together, and now firmly think they are not. All opinions are valid, and no one's gut feeling is more accurate than anyone else's, but I haven't gotten a clear sense of why anyone has changed their mind in that direction.

So: can anyone who feels more certain now that Deppy are not together say why? I'm curious!
Hmm idk, I feel like I'm quite a paranoid person, so every time dan rolls his eyes at Phil I'm like "hmm I'm leaning towards not thinking they're together", I know it's silly but I get so paranoid over the smallest things with them.

It is pretty apparent that dan is queer, and I don't doubt for a minute that Phil is too, but as a grand relationship I just feel that it isn't quite right. We have 2013 phil who often talked about wanting to go on dates and flirting with his hairdresser, and we have dan who doesn't necessarily seem attracted to Phil (said something about Phil's lips being ugly or smth in an ii show, though I wasn't there so someone confirming it would be great lmao). Idk, it's just a feeling I guess, but I don't think they're together.

It's more of a recent thing that I feel dan is annoyed at phil Constantly, in videos on Phil's channel and the gaming channel in particular.
And with people responding "what about the 2009 tweets?!" well, I guess you have a point, but the tweets and comments from dans side seems a whole lot like the comments regular YouTube fans leave their "idols" (lol). Like "I have a crush on you" might just be from a young, gay dan, who didn't actually know phil back then but who was just a YouTube fan. He also used to be quite vocal about having a crush on paperlillies, and they've been friends for almost as long as dnp have, so the similarity there doesn't really seem like a coincidence to me.

I'm not an anti though, as I still get exited over the cute moments between them. It's kinda like religion; I reaally wish I believed in a god, but unfortunately, I can't force myself too. Dnp would be incredibly cute as a couple, but I just don't see it.
kavat
pastel persona

My thoughts on the are they/aren't they topic are like this. If I see 9 things that imo point to them being a couple and 1 thing that doesn't, I'm still going to base my opinion on the majority of those things. 10% is not going to negate the other 90%. If it was 50-50 or even 60-40 I would be pretty unsure, but if I look back on the past couple of years it's, in my book, more like 95-5. Now, if I look back at the past 9 years it might be more like 80-20, but it still ads up to a lot more in the Probably A (closeted) Couple Column. But thats just me :)
liola
rankussy

firsttimeposter wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:42 pm
lefthandedism wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Hmm idk, I feel like I'm quite a paranoid person, so every time dan rolls his eyes at Phil I'm like "hmm I'm leaning towards not thinking they're together", I know it's silly but I get so paranoid over the smallest things with them.

It is pretty apparent that dan is queer, and I don't doubt for a minute that Phil is too, but as a grand relationship I just feel that it isn't quite right. We have 2013 phil who often talked about wanting to go on dates and flirting with his hairdresser, and we have dan who doesn't necessarily seem attracted to Phil (said something about Phil's lips being ugly or smth in an ii show, though I wasn't there so someone confirming it would be great lmao). Idk, it's just a feeling I guess, but I don't think they're together.

It's more of a recent thing that I feel dan is annoyed at phil Constantly, in videos on Phil's channel and the gaming channel in particular.
And with people responding "what about the 2009 tweets?!" well, I guess you have a point, but the tweets and comments from dans side seems a whole lot like the comments regular YouTube fans leave their "idols" (lol). Like "I have a crush on you" might just be from a young, gay dan, who didn't actually know phil back then but who was just a YouTube fan. He also used to be quite vocal about having a crush on paperlillies, and they've been friends for almost as long as dnp have, so the similarity there doesn't really seem like a coincidence to me.

I'm not an anti though, as I still get exited over the cute moments between them. It's kinda like religion; I reaally wish I believed in a god, but unfortunately, I can't force myself too. Dnp would be incredibly cute as a couple, but I just don't see it.
okay I'm sorry but this just makes me go ??? Like...It's not just about tweets from 2009, what about their entire history, the VIDEO, the not having other partners thing and Idk the blatant ways they include each other in their lives?

Idk guys you might not see it but I don't understand why a thing like Dan rolling his eyes at Phil must mean that he's annoyed at him and thus not his partner? Or a roasting joke about his lips a confirmation that he must CLEARLY not be attracted to him? Like talk about reaching.

This conversation is always so boring we keep going in circles. Can we just appreciate their openness with us and this blessed content mood they seem to be in?

Also just because idk I'm petty I guess I just spent the weekend with my best friend and her girlfriend here in Stockholm and she complained how someone at a family gathering asked if her girlfriend was actually just her friend and she was like "why would I bring a friend to a family thing it's obviously my partner" and I couldn't help but think about the on going discussion about dnp lol
Can't believe the European tour is over!! I wondering if they're going back home asap or not. I would think they wanna chill at home for as long as possible before going off to the U.S. Please boys, it'd be nice to have that European tour highlights video now, along the trailer and the dinof video :(
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’ve not really been feeling the naked-on-the-couch business cos tmi, didn’t really need the mental image tbh, but
what the heck is wrong with Phil’s lips, Daniel Howell? Phil has lovely lips. Cheeky git.