Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

amberblogslife wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:16 am
But, and here comes the controversial part (please don't come for me), I do think they know bloody well that phan gets them views and thus money. So I have a hard time believing some of the banter, because my cynical ass likes to doubt how 'real' it is. That's no shade to them at all, they would be stupid not to use their connection to get views, but it does leave me in this weird 'yes/no/maybe so' mindset when it comes to phan being a real thing.
I tend to agree on the ‘mystery’ aspect to improve views/buzz, but from the perspective of thinking they are together. Nothing like an unresolved puzzle to keep interest alive! it’s a loop that I can’t close and that means i’ll stick around.

Out of interest, when did they join their management and when did Dan (since Phil never really commented either way) stop denying Phan so vehemently? Any correlation there? Is that too cynical? probably?

Having said all that, I always come back to Occams Razor when it comes to their relationship; they are millionaire adult men who have lived together for 8 years in 3 different flats. I know central London is expensive but they have zero financial need to flat share. They apparently spend 99.9% of their time together (seriously, they spend much more time together than I do with my husband, even allowing for time spent at work). They regularly post cute pics of each other all over social media. If they’re hinting at a relationship that isn’t there purely to improve views then they are consummate professionals!
Edit: oh god, apologies for the vast amount of waffle at the top of the page
Last edited by LadyLackless on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anya.
first-time poster

Malmö Airport is tiny with very few departures. If you're in the south of Sweden and planning to fly anywhere you usually take the route through Copenhagen airport. Takes like 20 minutes.

They must be on their way home, I can't imagine they'd want to go sightseeing now when the EU tour is done. What do they have, like a week long break before they go to the US? Ugh, I know they're making a lot of money from this tour and I'm sure they're enjoying themselves but they're literally living my worst nightmare. My introverted ass would have had a complete mental breakdown over the lack of privacy, control over my own schedule, and home-cooked food... Glad they've got a few days at home now!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Just a friendly reminder that regular discussion doesn’t have to be under spoiler tags. :lol:
opendoor
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

LadyLackless wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:04 pm
I tend to agree on the ‘mystery’ aspect to improve views/buzz, but from the perspective of thinking they are together. Nothing like an unresolved puzzle to keep interest alive! it’s a loop that I can’t close and that means i’ll stick around.

Out of interest, when did they join their management and when did Dan (since Phil never really commented either way) stop denying Phan so vehemently? Any correlation there? Is that too cynical? probably?

Having said all that, I always come back to Occams Razor when it comes to their relationship; they are millionaire adult men who have lived together for 8 years in 3 different flats. I know central London is expensive but they have zero financial need to flat share. They apparently spend 99.9% of their time together (seriously, they spend much more time together than I do with my husband, even allowing for time spent at work). They regularly post cute pics of each other all over social media. If they’re hinting at a relationship that isn’t there purely to improve views then they are consummate professionals!

Thank you for mentioning Occam's Razor, I feel like this discussion needed the razor...and that sounds creepier than I intended. Or does it.

I know this is a public forum, and people should talk about whatever they want to :thumb: but this isn't my favourite discussion, because it happens so very often, and I never read an alternate phan-theory, and think 'yes this is the most logical conclusion from their history and actions'. They always seem convoluted, and not based on very much, when there's a much simpler and substantiated conclusion to come to.

I also agree with what Ratlad said that whenever new "phan proof" (and I can't really believe I typed that in 2018) appears, people start voicing doubt. Which I don't understand...

I'll admit for a moment I genuinely wondered if they were crossing The Bridge purely because of the TV show. I may have actually over-estimated how nerdy these two are, my God.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

opendoor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Thank you for mentioning Occam's Razor, I feel like this discussion needed the razor...and that sounds creepier than I intended. Or does it.

I know this is a public forum, and people should talk about whatever they want to :thumb: but this isn't my favourite discussion, because it happens so very often, and I never read an alternate phan-theory, and think 'yes this is the most logical conclusion from their history and actions'. They always seem convoluted, and not based on very much, when there's a much simpler and substantiated conclusion to come to.

I also agree with what Ratlad said that whenever new "phan proof" (and I can't really believe I typed that in 2018) appears, people start voicing doubt. Which I don't understand...

I'll admit for a moment I genuinely wondered if they were crossing The Bridge purely because of the TV show. I may have actually over-estimated how nerdy these two are, my God.
same, but also i was raised by a very cynical and paranoid person so i sorta understand how people can reach for such conclusions. (i once got in trouble for going to the opening for a new mall that was built cz my mom thought some terrorist is gunna bomb it....which sounds not plausible when you consider the fact that we were still living in a small rural province back then; i was alive tho) it may sound riddiculous if you simply look at the basic logic, but to them the fear is something much more organic.

now im speaking from personal experience since im like this for some big things in life, people have trouble looking at the simple answer, no matter how appealing it may be, because to them, there will ALWAYS be a catch. but the thing is, its not always the case.

anyways, do you guys have some iconic deppy quotes? i need it for...........science
"you are next to me in my life"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ame wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:29 pm
opendoor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:48 pm

same, but also i was raised by a very cynical and paranoid person so i sorta understand how people can reach for such conclusions. (i once got in trouble for going to the opening for a new mall that was built cz my mom thought some terrorist is gunna bomb it....which sounds not plausible when you consider the fact that we were still living in a small rural province back then; i was alive tho) it may sound riddiculous if you simply look at the basic logic, but to them the fear is something much more organic.

now im speaking from personal experience since im like this for some big things in life, people have trouble looking at the simple answer, no matter how appealing it may be, because to them, there will ALWAYS be a catch. but the thing is, its not always the case.

anyways, do you guys have some iconic deppy quotes? i need it for...........science
I feel like the catch here - and what some people might just want to protect themselves against - is that this isn't actually a puzzle to solve. Don't get me wrong; I love puzzles and there are enough aspects of Dan and Phil that feel like one to intrigue me - but Dan and Phil aren't static. They're two real people and if you assume they're together you also take on the assumption that one day they might not be. Personally I'm okay with that; life is life, whatever happens happens. I think Dan and Phil stand a very above average chance of being together long term, but someone who is just so set on not wanting to be disappointed that they they'll reject the pleasure of enjoying two people's relationship while it happens out of fear that they'll be crushed when it ends kind of... makes sense, to me.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Looks like they've touched down in London. It's weird to think that the rize liveshow is in 2 days (good luck to anyone who tried to watch that, as I bet it's going to be a shit show and a half), and that the American tour starts in a week. I do hope they get well rested this week though. It'd be unfortunate if they came to America already sick.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the bois r headin home !!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alastor
placenta

Phil left a comment on Tessa Violet's new song, "Crush". Not that it matters, I just like when he interacts with other youtubers.
hello9217
flower crown

Trust me I am such a cynical person so I get what people are saying about keeping the ambiguity keeps the viewers but I honestly don't think dan and phil could ever win out in this situation. They say that they are not together and never have been together-a large majority of the phandom stop watching. They say that they are together- people from the phandom leave who were only here for the speculation and they also lose followers from more casual viewers who don't want to watch "the gay youtube couple." It just sucks all around. I like where we are now. They seem more open and just seem very happy.

I'll respect the opinions of everyone thinking dan has a secret boyfriend but I will also add my own opinion of I think that sounds unlikely. People can do long distance and keep a relationship so I'm not using the fact that he's on a world tour with Phil as proof that he can't possibly have a boyfriend. I'm using the fact that Dan and Phil have lived together for 8 years and both have enough money to live separately if they wanted to. I'm using the fact that Joe and Caspar moved out after two years saying they became "too old" to have a roommate and that going to a meeting and also having to live with each other became too hard to balance-things that have never effected dan and phil. Phil himself even said at a show that he wouldn't want to have move in with a celebrity because he's too old to have a roommate. I'm using the fact that they continue to go on holidays together with both friends and family and have said how much they are enjoying traveling the world. Do you not tease your significant other? Dan says that living with Phil is such a burden as they sign their lease on their third apartment together. They are entertainers in front of the camera. They joke and mock each other as I myself do with my girlfriend. If it genuinely hurt Phil then we wouldn't see it because it would be edited out.
human
dan hand trash

alastor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:15 pm Phil left a comment on Tessa Violet's new song, "Crush". Not that it matters, I just like when he interacts with other youtubers.
Is anyone able to provide a screenshot please? 8-)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

human wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:39 pm
alastor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:15 pm Phil left a comment on Tessa Violet's new song, "Crush". Not that it matters, I just like when he interacts with other youtubers.

it really is nice to see <3
knq
lava lamp

rizzo wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:48 pm

I have somehow managed to click on Phil's YouTube icon all this time without realizing how old it is until just now. Wow that's trippy. Fetus Phil is communicating with us from the past. :illuminati:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

http://pseudophan.tumblr.com/post/17500 ... -this-with

Excuse me, I'll be over here with my eMoTiOnSssss :happytears:
obvsly
#relatable

Nanalew edited the music video so I'm not surprised to see that Phil commented but it's still super nice of him :love1:

(Maybe this doesn't belong here but I really love this song and the video and I think it's much better than anything Emma Blackery put out lately. Oops.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obvsly wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Nanalew edited the music video so I'm not surprised to see that Phil commented but it's still super nice of him :love1:

(Maybe this doesn't belong here but I really love this song and the video and I think it's much better than anything Emma Blackery put out lately. Oops.)
Phil's known Tessa since 2008, and I'm pretty sure he met her irl in 2009 somewhere, so I don't think Shawna directly has anything to do with it. He's just generally good about supporting fellow og youtubers.
sparkle
blobfish

(just in case he uploads before I can get home from work. Ha. Not gonna happen)

This is your daily request from Sparkle for a new dinof video.

I'm v excited to catch up on everything I've missed in the last 2 days too.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
ratlad
angel bean

i feel a dan video coming soon... i feel it in my wig... next couple of days...

pleas
edit:
@sparkle no joke, while writing this, i was waiting for you to post something about a video lol
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

@pseudophan im both "aww thats sweet" but also "goddamn ill pee my pants if i see these two tol cryptid youtubers at night in a ghost town"....ngl id do the same as op

@ratlad same, i think dan will eventually upload his video around their break from touring, also probs phils merch will be dropping too? i aint a psychic but it seems logical that way
"you are next to me in my life"
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

a lot of people are talking about when dan's next video will be and it reminded me of when i first found the boys on the gaming channel (april 2016) and i went to their individual channels and was deeply confused when i saw how many videos dan had on his channel. i looked so long for a different channel that was his 'main' one because i couldn't possibly believe that he had so little videos and so many subscribers and i had to be missing something haha. i wonder if any other people who have found them relatively recently thought the same thing.

it's also interesting because after following them for a couple of years now i don't really enjoy dan's videos that much anyway and prefer him on other platforms so i've actually answered my own question from my past self of 'how is he so famous when there are hardly any videos to watch'.

did that even make sense i'm rambling
ehhh
banned

So obviously they're not really going to get married, but I wonder what they will do. Will they make a video referencing the joke? Maybe the April fool's video that year could be like "We got married! Yes, Phan is real, here is the footage of our wedding! And then it's just a twenty minute slideshow of photos of Dan looking disappointed in us like "srsly? wat did u expect?" or stock images of weddings, but with emotional music playing as if it's their wedding photos. Or will they not like us talking about it and go kinda quiet... We will have been waiting for so long and talking about it so much so I hope they won't just ignore it. But I want to know what are everyone else's predictions, What will Dan and Phil really do in the year 2022?
ratlad
angel bean

dan introduced his furry boyfriend on his ig story
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i know it's just a stuffed animal and not a real life man but...it feels bold. implying a boyfriend on one of his main accounts, dan is really not holding back. we love pride month 20gayteen.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

phil’s story is just so funny and domestic i can’t (also i have a thing for dan’s ankles)
:gayaf:
Flomy
sofa crease

I'm loving those IG stories! It's good to see them home again, that looks like a relaxed evening watching football.

(I received the pink hoodie today and it's so nice and soft and the colour is lovely I'll be living in this thing from now on. :love2: )