Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

I'm just posting because @alittledizzy said she wants someone to post something so she doesn't double-post.
Also: I see ii a week today. I'm so excited!
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lmao ty @bluntedclaws!

I actually did and my post ended up bottom of the last page so I'm gonna be a brat and quote it here:
I posted the Orlando transcript last night (and Clearwater will be up in a bit!) but I found this question interesting.
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:08 amHey Phil. I'm in my last year of college - can't ask you about this, sorry Dan. I'm scared to move back in with my parents because I have no job lined up and what if I'm there forever?

D: Oh god, okay. I go home for Christmas and I'm like, get the hell out. Three days and I'm like like, nooo.
P: First of all - college is such a busy, stressful time and you've got so much work, you've got like end of year assignments and projects. So much going on in your head, I don't think you should really be thinking about 'what about the next few months.' You should just focus on finishing it.
D: But it's [??] next week! Ahhh! Yeah.
P: Allow yourself to have a couple of weeks to de-stress, because your brain is going to be so full of everything you won't even be able to think about getting a job. So just let yourself have a mini holiday.
D: But then - that's basically what you did, which is sit around eating cereal for a year, decide to become an artist[?], and then everything works out in the end! But honestly, what you did Phil, was you decided to not stress about you know, getting a job in editing or english language or whatever-
P: No.
D: You decided to just pursue your passion-
P: I did.
D: - which was youtube, and then this happened. That's the moral of the story.
P: So I'd say yeah, do whatever you feel passionate about and I'm sure that you'll make it if you do that.
D: Hopefully your passion isn't cannibalism.
P: Yeah. Hope not.
I'm not sure I can recall Dan ever commenting so clearly on what Phil did after uni - the 'eating cereal for a year' part. It's always been pretty obvious how much Dan leaned on Phil during his uni breakdown but it's funny to think how instrumental Dan might have been in Phil deciding to take a job or not take a job, since Dan was pretty much in Phil's life from the time Phil finished uni. He would have been there through each step as Phil got potential job offers and worked out what it was he really wanted to do.

Or maybe there wasn't much conversation at all, maybe Phil really did just eat cereal and by the time he finished his six month supply of family sized Crunchy Nut youtube had fallen into his lab and he never had to stress over it. Anyway, where's that Phil autobiography?

(I'm also cringing at Phil's advice but I think the fact that I didn't have parents who were in a position to welcome me back in and foot the bill after college makes it seem impractical to me. I think for someone who does have a family able to support them, his advice probably makes a lot of sense and probably does lend toward mental stability more than nonstop panic and stressing.)
And in more tour related news, I don't think they're gonna be sleeping on that bus for a while. I just did a little bit of googling and here's their travel distances for the next week:

augusta ga to greensboro nc - 3h53m
greensboro nc to richmond va - 3h5m
richmond va to reading pa - 4h21m
reading pa to newark nj - 2h9m
newark nj to uniondale ny - 1h12m
(day off)
uniondale ny to toronto- 8h55m
(day off)
toronto ca to hartford ct - 7h47m

They already have a general 2 am to 10 am sleep schedule I think, so that seems to lend fairly well to them traveling on the bus immediately post-show and maybe winding down and getting ready for bed (which would explain things like Phil saying he brushed his teeth on the bus, on a night we know they didn't sleep there) then heading straight into a hotel and spending the actual night there.

I also have a hunch they'll fly New York to Toronto and Toronto to Hartford since those are substantial trips with a day off between them but if they were going to spend a long stretch on the bus I guess those would be it.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

hello ive been slacking on visiting this forum sorry

but i just want to say i very much enjoyed the new dan and phil games video even if it was just geoguesser. it was cute. i do wish they'd play more longer games but they're on tour so it's understandable that they can't
:transheart:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Dan please, no. Go back to being inactive on twitter I don't want this (I get the sentiment, I just hate the bde meme)
realeyesrealize
living flop

obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:55 pm Dan please, no. Go back to being inactive on twitter I don't want this (I get the sentiment, I just hate the bde meme)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I like how all the replies to this tweet are just variations of 'sure jan.'
autumnhearth
senpai

Sigh. I think I can accept every reply except this one:
There’s a balance between edgy and soft and he still hasn’t found it.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I sometimes really judge Dan's taste in men tbh.

( Phil is an outlier. Obviously.)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
knq
lava lamp

@alittledizzy that quote caught my attention as well, mostly because there’s a range of jokes they make about themselves and how they choose to present themselves, and ‘guy sitting on a sofa eating cereal for a year before deciding to become an artist’ is not one I’ve ever heard them apply to Phil. I like it, regardless of how representative it actually is it’s just fun to think about different interpretations of character like that. Phil’s CapitalLester business savvy Dad branding doesn’t really align with sofa sitting, cereal eating ~artist, yet they’re both based in some fact.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

A joint amazingphil video is on the horizon!
autumnhearth
senpai

Well that could certainly explain the ‘clenched butt energy’ :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So they've finally abandoned that silly two chairs nonsense? I mean, it's about time. The second one has been superfluous for a while now.
liola
rankussy

Phil, you silly man, you don't need to explain to us that Dan will basically sit on your lap, y'all do that already on a normal basis :shrug:

Really really excited for the video though! Also love how it's an amazingphil video and he just assumes everyone won't find anything weird by the fact Dan is in it. Casual :tu: <3
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

only used one cheek
i don't know why that's so funny to me
i wonder when the video will be up!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

“used only one cheek”, thanks for the info Phil. Good point, that that might explain the tense clenching and reminds me of Dan telling Phil and Louise in the not worth watching video that his masseuse included his ass.

Shame he replied to that tweet with shrivelled heart energy as the original big heart tweet had it. I guess a heart and soul full of roses and marshmallows isn’t on-brand.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:38 pm
- houseplant murdering
P: No!
D: Oh yes! If that was a sport, Phil would be the world record holder, trust me.
P: Too soon!
[and then the loki joke makes it's grand return. thanks for giving me a week off of it, dan]
okay I've only done 3 transcripts, but I'm fairly positive that there was not one loki joke in any of those shows (unless I was so traumatized that I blocked that out). So I'm super amused that Dan seemed to spare me, but continues to torture @alittledizzy like this. Thanks daniel, I owe you one.
loonyradish
living flop

Really excited for the video!! It might have been only 3 days since the last (gaming) vid, but it feels so much longer (who am i kidding, it always does)

I'm also wondering when they'll do another ls? I thought they had said they wanted to do weekly liveshows while on tour, but it seems like I misunderstood something?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

whatdoiknow wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:38 pm
- houseplant murdering
P: No!
D: Oh yes! If that was a sport, Phil would be the world record holder, trust me.
P: Too soon!
[and then the loki joke makes it's grand return. thanks for giving me a week off of it, dan]
okay I've only done 3 transcripts, but I'm fairly positive that there was not one loki joke in any of those shows (unless I was so traumatized that I blocked that out). So I'm super amused that Dan seemed to spare me, but continues to torture @alittledizzy like this. Thanks daniel, I owe you one.
He really did spare you! There was a houseplants reference in the show I actually attended but he didn't name drop Loki specifically, I considered it a half win. But I guess Loki is back in full rotation now.
annabanana
sofa crease

idk if it's just me but a red shirt on phil looks strange to me today since he has been wearing a lot of black/neutral colors recently.

i am excited for the video and hopefully it will be a quick one to edit! maybe the video will coincide with his merch release. i'm also guessing this means phil (and lbr also dan) didn't film a video during their break at home before the US tour.
loonyradish wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:23 pm Really excited for the video!! It might have been only 3 days since the last (gaming) vid, but it feels so much longer (who am i kidding, it always does)

I'm also wondering when they'll do another ls? I thought they had said they wanted to do weekly liveshows while on tour, but it seems like I misunderstood something?
i rewatched the rize fail stream yesterday and they definitely said they were planning to do them weekly (if not more frequently). however its been ~3 weeks since that show. i don't think dnp have mentioned anything about livestreaming since then and there was just that one tweet from rize about dnp streaming in the coming weeks. so much for 'we can just hop on younow since they are owned by the same people' :lol:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

loonyradish wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:23 pm Really excited for the video!! It might have been only 3 days since the last (gaming) vid, but it feels so much longer (who am i kidding, it always does)

no I think it's Rize that misunderstood a whole lot of things, including but not limited to how ready their app actually was.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I saw that Alfie did it and the replies underneath his tweet about it were nothing but people complaining that they couldn't see/couldn't hear/it kept cutting out. I can't figure out why Rize didn't start ramping up to this earlier.
loonyradish
living flop

annabanana wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 pm idk if it's just me but a red shirt on phil looks strange to me today since he has been wearing a lot of black/neutral colors recently.

i am excited for the video and hopefully it will be a quick one to edit! maybe the video will coincide with his merch release. i'm also guessing this means phil (and lbr also dan) didn't film a video during their break at home before the US tour.

i rewatched the rize fail stream yesterday and they definitely said they were planning to do them weekly (if not more frequently). however its been ~3 weeks since that show. i don't think dnp have mentioned anything about livestreaming since then and there was just that one tweet from rize about dnp streaming in the coming weeks. so much for 'we can just hop on younow since they are owned by the same people' :lol:
Ah, glad to hear I didn't imagine that :lol: I hope they aren't delaying it just because Rize is having trouble, even though it seems like it. What a waist of livestream opportunities :(

Also, now that you're saying it, it would make sense to post the amazingphil vid along with the shop going online!
apathy
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 pm I saw that Alfie did it and the replies underneath his tweet about it were nothing but people complaining that they couldn't see/couldn't hear/it kept cutting out. I can't figure out why Rize didn't start ramping up to this earlier.
Pure speculation obviously, but my guess would be that marketing/management/accounting doesn't listen to the tech department very well and other similar internal problems, especially if they're panicking about surviving at all. They've had YouNow for 6-7 years at least and it still breaks and crashes sometimes. And it's not trying to grab video from every person online, so I'd expect Rize needs a higher investment than even that. Servers cost money and they're probably already in the hole with building this project. I get that they're trying to survive against YT and FB and Twitch, but they're fighting against some deep pockets who could build this better and faster if they think the idea has any merit, and then they've got nothing.

I do wonder what the sponsorship terms are though. Since they're missing weeks now, will they be required to do more later and continue after the tour to meet some kind of quota? If they were told after the first attempt that the deal was purely for Rize shows, that'd explain why they can't be bothered with YouNow in the meantime, even if it's the same company. Maybe I'm being cynical though. :shrug:
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
Elemancy
butt chair

I just wanted to give a heads up and say after checking my email last week and sorting through promotional mail that wasn't delegated to my main inbox I noticed that my venue for the II show had unexpectedly changed the way I receive my tickets from will call to standard mail. (When they were initially purchased there was no option for delivery other than will call)
The venue had apparently printed them and sent them out two weeks ago. However, I didn't receive them though i should have already and had a feeling I wouldn't in time for my show since the venue sent another email yesterday saying I should have received the tickets by now. so i called ticketmaster and they changed the delivery method back to will call. (Also because it was the only option available and they couldn't process it via email delivery)

If I hadn't checked I'd never have known I was meant to expect them in the mail. I wanted to let other people know to doublecheck their ticket orders and verify how they're meant to be receiving them if they haven't yet already so they don't run the risk of missing out on the show over a small technicality.

I'm going to go back to melting in a puddle now
:dildo:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie