Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:42 am
ratlad wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:33 am what texts did they show in tatinof? i haven't watched all of it or bothered looking at spoilers at the time.
They're on pg 195 of tabinof and under the cut are screenshots for reference/anyone who's curious and hasn't seen them!

thank you so much!!!
they're so cute

re: "fan service"
funnily enough, that term makes me want to roll my eyes back so far into my skull as well. it's weird, whenever dnp do something nice and cute and they share it with us, people are so quick to say it's just "giving the people what they want"
like yeah, we wanted ig stories, but we aren't forcing them to post anything in particular.
i guess you can consider that fan service, but they've said multiple times that they actually enjoy doing them. or is that just them telling us what we want to hear?
:tinfoil:
my opinion (shocking!!): not everything they do is for us! not everything they do is a lie! they're not the type of people who base all their decisions and life around other's, that sounds like a miserable way to live.
the phandom, despite common misconception, isn't just full of naive, impressionable, young and immature kids.
i truly don't think we're being deceived like people tend to think, can dnp not be more open or comfortable without people calling it "queerbaiting" or "fan service"? i think it's the 'too good to be true' mindset people like to hold once something good happens or if they see a group of people enjoy something.
let people enjoy where dan and phil are at in 2018. being more open with us is their own doing, it isn't "fan service" to do anything that suggests they,,, *gasp* like each other.............

tl;dr - we're not delusional.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:30 am (Speed insta story for reference)

I can't believe how soft this insta story is making me feel ugh. It's just domestic and lovely.
Oh god, i'm now craving young Keanu (i love you Matrix)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

sonicgreen wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:49 am I'm glad dnp had a day off to film. I'm thinking the crew is on a separate bus, some of the merch squad posted cute photos from their day off including face masks on the bus. Do we know for sure? (it doesn't really matter, i'm just curious.)
The crew is definitely on a different bus - their bus looks newer than DnP's but less homey. Not really a spoiler but putting under a tag because tour related and I haven't used the tag today

SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

The upcoming AP video sounds nice to me.
As long as it entertains me, and I reckon it will I have no problem with any vid tbh. But then I don't watch youtube for arty videos.

I'm with you @ratlad, the term fan service makes me want to roll my eyes as well.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

At the show, did they only say what the video would be about or did they also confirm that it would be posted today?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm At the show, did they only say what the video would be about or did they also confirm that it would be posted today?
They said it would be up "this week", so I'm expecting it probably some time between Friday and Sunday. Dan also said that they would be reading their texts from the start of this year (I think some one was wondering that too? Either way it's in the audio).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A couple of Dan likes from twitter:
knq
lava lamp

One of my fandom tabs is just a twitter search for recent photos posted along with the words Dan and Phil, and usually it is actually all phandom stuff, but today there's a tweet of a Corgi named Phil by a guy named Dan and I'm laughing.
Is that funny to anyone other than me, I don't know, but Phil the Corgi is cute af either way. :lol: :love1:
kavat
pastel persona

They like to release merch on Fridays (several times after I've had a few drinks after work and end up drunk buying stuff) so my guess is Phil merch on Friday and video with spon on Sunday?

Troye's tweet made me lol :D
alien
procrastinator

watsonian wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 pm One of my fandom tabs is just a twitter search for recent photos posted along with the words Dan and Phil, and usually it is actually all phandom stuff, but today there's a tweet of a Corgi named Phil by a guy named Dan and I'm laughing.
Is that funny to anyone other than me, I don't know, but Phil the Corgi is cute af either way. :lol: :love1:
aww yes that is so cute and funny!
loonyradish
living flop

watsonian wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 pm One of my fandom tabs is just a twitter search for recent photos posted along with the words Dan and Phil, and usually it is actually all phandom stuff, but today there's a tweet of a Corgi named Phil by a guy named Dan and I'm laughing.
aww this just made my day, thank you for sharing! what a cute coincidence <3
Ablissa
pastel persona

I can't see this one posted here yet and Phil looks so @%$@#$@ cute it makes me want to cry. Phil. WHY U SO PERFECT :happytears:
autumnhearth
senpai

^ sooo perfect, soo precious. I just want to kiss that forehead and those cheeks!
I mean... :? . . . :oops:

Oh and Phil the Corgi is super cute too :love2: (I could have played that off the other way around, but I’m honestly not that cool)

Speaking of Twitter likes, I meant to share this a couple days ago, but I really love the shaving ad that Dan liked:
We stan a feminist :love1:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I don’t know what the deal with Dan and Phil’s merch store is, but every time I try to throw my money at them, Something Happens for me to need to contact them and always for a different reason. They’ve always responded quickly and made everything right, but I don’t know if I should laugh or cry at this latest case.

I bought some tour merch in Stockholm and naturally put the items in the washing machine when I got home. The t-shirt I’d bought was the perfect size for me after the wash (which is a miracle because I’m too tall for most fitted t-shirts and my shoulders are too narrow for most unisex ones), so I had no complaints about that. I’d also bought a hoodie, and it turned out that the hoodie string was very poor quality because one end of it had unraveled in the wash, which just shouldn’t happen after I’d worn the hoodie for a total of one hour.

Now, this isn’t something that I’d usually bother to make an official complaint about because the damage was purely aesthetic. However, a couple of days later I was having A Very Bad Day and seeing the hoodie on the drying rack just made me lose it, and I found myself writing an email to the Swedish merch company that had been selling the tour merch in Stockholm. I debated between contacting them and contacting IRL, but it was their name on the receipt, so I went with them.

(As a sidenote, I’d like to clarify that the email I ended up sending was polite and friendly because I’d had to stop being angry for 20 minutes to Google the correct way to express in Swedish that my hoodie string had unraveled because that’s not a thing anyone usually needs to learn to say in a foreign language, and the only registers I’m in any way proficient in are everyday Swedish and academic Swedish.)

The company responded to me a couple of days later (I’d approached them on a weekend) and told me that they’d only been responsible for selling the merch, which had been provided to them by Dan and Phil’s merch team. They forwarded my complaint to an IRL employee, who instantly promised to order me a replacement hoodie, which was very kind of her because I honestly would’ve been fine with them just acknowledging the situation and sending me consolation stickers for being a whiny baby. They even sent the replacement item through a courier service as a next day delivery!

Now, the thing that makes me unsure of the appropriate reaction to all of this is that today, exactly one week after I’d received the replacement hoodie, I got another delivery from Dan and Phil Shop in the regular mail, containing the exact same hoodie! I’ve now got three hoodies (that I can’t even wear at the moment because it’s too hot) and I’m frankly feeling guilty about complaining in the first place. I know that our favourite millionaires can afford to accidentally having an extra hoodie sent out, but I don’t want to be one of those customers that complain just for the sake of complaining. I’m having a crisis over this even though I probably should just stop thinking and go to sleep.
autumnhearth
senpai

@somethingsketchy maybe offer the third hoodie as a prize for a future fundraiser or charity drive on here? I hope your strings stay sturdy. Also yes, take some deep breaths and go to bed. (If it was an appropriate time to do so here I totally would).
lilabet
philussy

I am sad. Who knew after the Euros I'd be so into football.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Fazbaz
dank meme

Hi I just wanted to come on here and say that I love how Dan almost always says 'thank you Phil' when he hands him the camera at meet and greets <3 I mean it's nothing groundbreaking but still really sweet :)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, matching shorts, they fit so well.
sparkle
blobfish

hello. I am Having A Week (translation: I got called a lesbo at work today and because i'm the only white girl i got told to get 'extra extra mild' food like a. fuck you for being a homophobic dick, and b. fuck you for being a racist piece of shit, and c. bitch can handle her spicy food, i'm lactose intolerant its not like i can chug milk if it gets too hot - and i'm still waiting on IKEA to sort their shit out so I can actually move into my new house)

I'm v. glad that Phil is uploading soon - honestly i'm excited. Phil, to me, is like the human equivalent of a Lush bath using all the Snow Fairy scented stuff. It's not high class, it's not going to win you any favour with the #bathart lot, but its damn fucking good, will make you feel better, and will cover you in glitter. And you'll smell like candy floss. Whatever he makes, its funny, it might not be classy but its got heart, and its damn good.

I need that right now.

ugh i'm so in love with Phil.

i promise i'm not dan
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
kavat
pastel persona

@somethingsketchy I agree with @autumnhearth, i would keep the extra one for a fundraiser or sell it for charity. That way it's like IRL donated it for a good cause and you have no reason to feel guilty (you don't now either but brains are bad like that some times). And hmu if you ever need a swedish proofreader <3
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon

sparkle wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:14 pm Phil, to me, is like the human equivalent of a Lush bath using all the Snow Fairy scented stuff. It's not high class, it's not going to win you any favour with the #bathart lot, but its damn fucking good, will make you feel better, and will cover you in glitter. And you'll smell like candy floss. Whatever he makes, its funny, it might not be classy but its got heart, and its damn good.

I need that right now.

ugh i'm so in love with Phil
Sorry you are having a bad time and hope your week gets better and Ikea get their shit together so you can move in to your new place!
This is a lovely and accurate description of Phil’s content. Sometimes you just want a fluffy hug video, they don’t all have to be high concept art masterpieces (Yes, Danis, I’m looking at you)
+1 on the Phil love :love1:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Elemancy
butt chair

I second the request for an AP video to finally have a pleasant distraction, only because this whole issue I spoke about before regarding my tickets still has me on edge. I don't know if it's gut instinct or just my anxiety ramping up my ability to worry to the max, but I'm going to be calling my venue directly tomorrow to make sure I can pick up my ticket in person without a problem like ticketmaster said I could because I still have trust issues regarding my experience. Back when I first realized about the change of delivery and reviewed my order, for some reason the shipping option that had been selected for me said 'canadian shipping' but I live in the U.S. When I called last week to ask why, the ticketmaster rep said it was probably just an automatic form email that had been sent to me and to disregard it because the shipping address would be the one associated with the card used for purchase. Sounded great at the time, but now with the tickets never having arrived and me having had to call back to quickly change delivery to will call at the last minute I just worry about more miscommunications possibily happening.
Granted, there's worse things going on in the world and maybe I'm worrying too much over nothing, but I don't have the opportunity (money) to attend events like this very often, which makes this a rare treat I'm very much looking forward to and I'd just like to be able to attend without incurring that much of a headache over it.
I just don't want to be told one thing and have something else happen to then be shown away at the door on the day of...

I also realized when I wrote about this the first time I kept saying The Venue like it was a haunted house whose name shall not be spoken. It's NJPAC. (so if anyone has tickets to this event which never arrived, please call them directly or call ticketmaster to discuss your options and avoid my current emotional dilemma. If I have any more pertinent updates I'll post them here in case anyone else might be in the same boat. Also, thanks @alittledizzy for including my post in the new thread so others would be able to see it.)

So, what I'm saying is, a video about texts and two lads on a tour bus with bonus quiff and 'one butt cheek energy' would be a great cure for what ails me right about now.

edit: I also just realized I was *editing tips* briefly and now I'm a glabella and if that had anything to do with having 69 posts before I am honestly over the moon about that detail
:dildo:
sweetlyphan
delia smith

:prideheart2:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Today's show sounds like it was...a lot, I guess. Between the set breaking, the weather conditions, the apparent rose thing, and "Mr and Mrs Phan", it seems like an actual clusterfuck of stuff happened today. I'm really interested in what we'll get from the audio though.
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:48 am
Phil's question: What imaginary sport would Phil get a medal in?
- competitive houseplant killing
[loki.]
Quoting this because you can really feel the sheer anger in that one word. I hope he takes an indefinite break from it asap for dizzy's sanity.