Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:45 am
Today's show sounds like it was...a lot, I guess. Between the set breaking, the weather conditions, the apparent rose thing, and "Mr and Mrs Phan", it seems like an actual clusterfuck of stuff happened today. I'm really interested in what we'll get from the audio though.
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:48 am
Phil's question: What imaginary sport would Phil get a medal in?
- competitive houseplant killing
[loki.]
Quoting this because you can really feel the sheer anger in that one word. I hope he takes an indefinite break from it asap for dizzy's sanity.
Same. Same, yes.

While I'm impatiently waiting for more spoilers from tonight's show to come out, can we talk about how Ian McKellen followed Dan and Phil on twitter? An anon on tumblr gave me a heads up. They are his latest two follows on twitter so I'm thinking it might have happened today? And just like... awesome but... why?!

greenergrass
stress mushroom

So the Phantastic phacts section is back?! I hope it's back for good! I wonder why they got rid of it in the first place
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Is it too bold to say...Gandalf ships it?

No but really, its bizarre to think of Sir Ian McKellen stumbling upon them online but I guess that...could have happened?
I know he's really supportive of queer people in entertainment, so maybe that's why he gave them the follow?
???
(Or maybe he just loves the bants)
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
hello9217
flower crown

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:20 am
So the Phantastic phacts section is back?! I hope it's back for good! I wonder why they got rid of it in the first place
It looks like they took out dan, phil, or a rat and put in phantastic phacts because of the set being broken but I wish they would keep the latter in and leave the former out.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

<3 <3 <3
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 am <3 <3 <3
that's.... good as fuck....
moooOooRe dIPs
i love bfs teasing each other
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Elemancy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:21 am
edit: I also just realized I was *editing tips* briefly and now I'm a glabella and if that had anything to do with having 69 posts before I am honestly over the moon about that detail
Haha, why yes, *editing tips* is the rank for 69 posts. And who knows, there might be some other easter egg ranks to look out for.

And, good luck with your ticket! I'm sure it will be fine, but in your shoes I'd totally be a stress monkey too. :platonic:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

:rofl: :stan: <3
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, Dan's face in that ig story is so cute. We stan a condiment king.
starwatersong
phabergé

Just thought this tweet and the resulting images were really cute. <3
Last edited by alittledizzy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The Mr. and Mrs. Phan part of the show last night was cute, but man I am just living for the multiple cute references to their history and little domestic stories they've shared in the shows from the past few days. They genuinely seem like they're just in a good mood in this recent string of shows.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:58 pm @somethingsketchy maybe offer the third hoodie as a prize for a future fundraiser or charity drive on here? I hope your strings stay sturdy. Also yes, take some deep breaths and go to bed. (If it was an appropriate time to do so here I totally would).
I would gladly offer the hoodie for a fundraiser if international postage rates here weren’t insanely high. :roll:
kavat wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 pm @somethingsketchy I agree with @autumnhearth, i would keep the extra one for a fundraiser or sell it for charity. That way it's like IRL donated it for a good cause and you have no reason to feel guilty (you don't now either but brains are bad like that some times). And hmu if you ever need a swedish proofreader <3
Look, I was actually this close to messaging you to ask for help when this happened because I didn’t want to explain the situation to any of my IRL friends. Then I decided to go for the antisocial option and Google the answer myself, which is just classic me behaviour. Why ask for help when you can be sad and alone instead?

Don’t give me any ideas, I actually need someone to proofread my Bachelor’s thesis (COUGHwhenIfinallygetaroundtoactuallywritingitwhichIshould’vealreadystartedinJanuarybutdidn’tCOUGH)...
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:46 pm The Mr. and Mrs. Phan part of the show last night was cute, but man I am just living for the multiple cute references to their history and little domestic stories they've shared in the shows from the past few days. They genuinely seem like they're just in a good mood in this recent string of shows.
have they shared any cute stories in the one from last night? but yea oof, they're very very cute and happy and ::((( <3 recently i love it all

im hoping for the video phil tomorrow..,.,,, pls it's all i could think about...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:46 pm The Mr. and Mrs. Phan part of the show last night was cute, but man I am just living for the multiple cute references to their history and little domestic stories they've shared in the shows from the past few days. They genuinely seem like they're just in a good mood in this recent string of shows.
have they shared any cute stories in the one from last night? but yea oof, they're very very cute and happy and ::((( <3 recently i love it all

im hoping for the video phil tomorrow..,.,,, pls it's all i could think about...
Here are a couple of my favorite bits from last night!

How is life on the tour bus? Do you want to kill each other yet?
D: Yes. Okay, good question!
P: I've actually not been travel sick, which is cool.
D: Which is a miracle for Phil.
P: I thought I was gonna be looking out the window like this [presumably makes a sick expression] while everyone was on their laptops.
D: I thought it was just gonna be like ten weeks of Phil projective vomiting on me, so it's an up from what I expected.
P: But it's all been fine. We watched the classic 90s movie Speed last night.
D: We did.
P: It was fun.
D: We also watched The Bodyguard the other night, so we're having a great itme on the bus, playing some violent games of Mario Kart.
P: Yes. The Mario Kart has been intense. That's like a 4D experience, though. Dan keeps winning because I'm just like - woah! Woah! I don't know what's happening!
D: Yes, indeed. I feel like Phil might actually snap and murder me at some point though.
P: I might.
D: So I'm formally saying I want some of you to rescue me.
Phil! RIP to your emo fringe. Do you feel more confident now? Does anything else make you guys feel more confident?
P: Well, I definitely actually feel more confident with my - uh, quiff.
D: Yes. Do you even remember what Phil looked like with emo hair? It wasn't that long ago, but I'm like - that was twelve years ago. I see a photo of Phil with a fringe and I'm like, who is that? I don't get it?
P: And that's the thing - I wore ripped jeans for the first time.
D: He did! What is it gonna be next?
P: I don't know!
D: Phil is on a roll.
P: I am.
D: The next thing he's gonna say - guys, I'm a furry. Okay. It's gonna happen.
P: I think it's just a sign that you should push yourself out of your comfort zone every so often.
D: Definitely. And if there's something like a feeling, like oh I feel like I want to do this but it might not work out, or I don't know if people would like it - you just have to go for it.
P: Just give it a go! Go for it!
D: If something would make you happy, do not care about what anyone else thinks, okay. You do something because it makes you happy, like Phil and his new quiff.
P: Yes.
I just posted the audio of that second bit on tumblr here.
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:33 pm

P: I thought I was gonna be looking out the window like this [presumably makes a sick expression] while everyone was on their laptops.
D: I thought it was just gonna be like ten weeks of Phil projective vomiting on me, so it's an up from what I expected.
D: We also watched The Bodyguard the other night, so we're having a great itme on the bus, playing some violent games of Mario Kart.
P: Yes. The Mario Kart has been intense. That's like a 4D experience, though. Dan keeps winning because I'm just like - woah! Woah! I don't know what's happening!
D: Yes, indeed. I feel like Phil might actually snap and murder me at some point though.
Phil! RIP to your emo fringe. Do you feel more confident now? Does anything else make you guys feel more confident?
D: Yes. Do you even remember what Phil looked like with emo hair? It wasn't that long ago, but I'm like - that was twelve years ago. I see a photo of Phil with a fringe and I'm like, who is that? I don't get it?
P: I think it's just a sign that you should push yourself out of your comfort zone every so often.
D: Definitely. And if there's something like a feeling, like oh I feel like I want to do this but it might not work out, or I don't know if people would like it - you just have to go for it.
D: If something would make you happy, do not care about what anyone else thinks, okay. You do something because it makes you happy, like Phil and his new quiff.
aawww !!!!! im here for dan complimenting phil all the time and im EXTREMELY here for phil being and feeling more confident! a true model.
yeetussy
glabella

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Dammit I’m soft :happytears: :happytears:

I’ve been having such a bad day and I needed this. I’d feel even better if I had that new AP video but,, Honestly Phil talking about his confidence and Dan supporting him wholeheartedly and unabashedly will never ever get old to me. Phil’s needed this confidence and I wish he was braver sooner, my bb would’ve been prospering as a model even more by now ( also those damned tour promo photos and the viewers picked my outfits would’ve been droolworthy but who’s counting )
ratlad
angel bean

is phil wearing a Vans x Marvel shirt in his ig story? what a little nerd.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Cheeky sh*t, Phil. Love Dan’s voice in the background.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Lmao yikes @ the surprise rize "liveshow"

Edit: I spoke too soon.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:18 pm Lmao yikes @ the surprise rize "liveshow"

shhhh don't break it by mentioning it! I hope someone manages to screen record this or did this happen and then only show it omce the first lot of people left? So confused, mine seemed live but then wasnt.
Last edited by lilabet on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Amiaw
interactive introvert

i hope they give notice before they go live in the future.

Also: cute phil like
liola
rankussy

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:18 pm Lmao yikes @ the surprise rize "liveshow"

Did that last like 5 minutes or is my app just showing me an ended stream when it's still going
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I didn't catch much of that because I'm at work and the wifi is kind of terrible but all I really got from it was that they tried new drinks and Phil had too much caffeine :shrug: I think I did catch them saying they were going to try to do them every Tuesday or Thursday, though. Hopefully someone managed to record it!
liola wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 pm Did that last like 5 minutes or is my app just showing me an ended stream when it's still going
Yeah, from what it gathered it was very short.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

4 minutes long? Didn’t even bother recording it. (I missed the notif btw, I joined after updatedphan’s tweet)

- Phil merch in late July, bar any big production errors
- They’re in Richmond and the venue is pretty.
- “Say hi to the *insert name* groupchat” (x10)
- Phil bought an aloe vera drink? “Like water, with chunks” -Phil
- He also bought an energy drink with 100mg of caffeine and advertising it has “a bowl of leafy greens” and is strawburry flavored.
- They have a M&G now, bye.
Just remembered: They bought a gaming laptop and plan to film on the bus, though probably sharing a seat.
Last edited by sonicgreen on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hello9217
flower crown

They weren't live for long. All they talked about that I caught was how weird group chat names are, phil's new video and sharing a small seat (it was glitchy at this part so could be wrong), the many drinks phil has bought, phil merch end of july. They also said something about tuesdays and thursday (maybe live shows then?)