Phanfiction recs to warm us on lonely nights

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

LOL thanks for the rec ickle, there is a lot of Phil. ;)

Also so glad I looked here for recs! I can't wait to read the fic dizzy rec'd about pride!!! My eyeballs are ready.
actions speak louder than words
DryCereal
koi pond

Blanket rec for all y’all to go read EVERYTHING posted for the Pride 2018 Flash Fic Fest.

All of it. Go. Now. ;) <3
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Since it's complete now, I highly recommend checking out strangers by waveydnp. It's such a beautiful fic and everything about it makes me feel a ton of mushy emotions.
corgisocks
placenta
Pronouns: he/him

hi um i wrote a thing. it’s a tour fic about when they were in denver and it may or may not be esoteric? but idk i tried https://corgisocks.tumblr.com/post/1753 ... 3/audacity
(i do not) have the courage to exist
sonicgreen
woodland creature

corgisocks wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:56 pm hi um i wrote a thing. it’s a tour fic about when they were in denver and it may or may not be esoteric? but idk i tried https://corgisocks.tumblr.com/post/1753 ... 3/audacity
Nice!
Just thought I would add in an alternate link, because the Tumblr one didn't work for me.
Audacity
corgisocks
placenta
Pronouns: he/him

sonicgreen wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:09 am
corgisocks wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:56 pm hi um i wrote a thing. it’s a tour fic about when they were in denver and it may or may not be esoteric? but idk i tried https://corgisocks.tumblr.com/post/1753 ... 3/audacity
Nice!
Just thought I would add in an alternate link, because the Tumblr one didn't work for me.
Audacity
here it is i think i may have linked to a reblogged version that got deleted or something; this one should work!
(i do not) have the courage to exist
kavat
pastel persona

If you are in need of some pure super sweet fluff: Parent ph(f)an by rosaflagephil.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Not sure if this will warm anyone on a lonely night as it is pure soul-wrenching angst, but Four Little Words by Phandomsub is incredible https://phandomsub.tumblr.com/post/1757 ... ttle-words

It’s a WIP but only 2 parts and part 2 is apparently in progress.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

LadyLackless wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:12 am Not sure if this will warm anyone on a lonely night as it is pure soul-wrenching angst, but Four Little Words by Phandomsub is incredible https://phandomsub.tumblr.com/post/1757 ... ttle-words

oh my god why did i read this it's so good and hurts so much and wowwwwwwwwww i need part 2 now
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:29 pm
LadyLackless wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:12 am Not sure if this will warm anyone on a lonely night as it is pure soul-wrenching angst, but Four Little Words by Phandomsub is incredible https://phandomsub.tumblr.com/post/1757 ... ttle-words

oh my god why did i read this it's so good and hurts so much and wowwwwwwwwww i need part 2 now
Sorry!! :? Isn’t it great tho?
It had me feeling a lot of Feels about Things and the morality of what you share and what you keep to yourself in a long term relationship. Without wanting to be spoilery, characters could have made different choices in this relationship and everything would have been ok. Is it more morally correct to leave things buried and not to cause unnecessary pain or is The Truth more important than anything? So, so interesting! I’m eagerly and nervously awaiting pt.2!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Phandomsub's not smutty fics are definitely underrated!
I don't use Tumblr and this doesn't appear to be on Ao3, so will you make a post when part 2 comes out?
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon

LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 am

Phandomsub's not smutty fics are definitely underrated!
I don't use Tumblr and this doesn't appear to be on Ao3, so will you make a post when part 2 comes out?
Sure! I had to delete the tumblr app as it was eating my life, but I do ‘manually’ check in on a few people like phandomsub as she seems to only periodically batch upload to Ao3 and I’m a greedy bitch for her fic :)
DryCereal
koi pond

Really?! Noone else has rec'd @dizzy's latest yet?

You should be ashamed of yourselves. :x

Also kay-okay's 10,000 emerald pools and knlalla's insta story cuteness i'm currently loving <3
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

There would be so many stories to rec, so it was difficult to narrow them down to a number that was manageable to type in a post on my phone.

Firstly, adorkablephil just finished her scifi AU fic, in which Phil is a filmmaker and Dan is a computer virus. It’s such an interesting and unique concept, and the story is well-written.

The Body Electric (rating: M, words: 22.4k)

She also just started this super interesting historical AU story, in which Dan and Phil are radio presenters at the BBC in the 1930s.

The Roles We Play (rating: G, work-in-progress)

Secondly, one of my fave fic writers dragonlisette is back after not having posted for a while. They posted a drabble collection last week and a one shot of Dan having a depressive episode at the Lesters’ house and interacting with Phil’s mum yesterday. I’ll admit I still haven’t delved into the drabbles because I’ve unfortunately been too busy to keep up with all the AO3 notifications, but the one shot I did read and it was lovely.

year in our lives (unpublished drabbles from 2017) (rating: G, words: 10.3k)
even while the dust moves (rating: G, words: 2.4k)

Coincidentally, commonemergency/nihilismdan also posted a lovely family one shot. Instead of being about Dan interacting with Phil’s family, it’s about Phil interacting with Dan’s mum, which is a topic that’s not explored enough in phanfic in my opinion.

pick a place to rest your head (rating: G, words: 1.7k)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Just here to recommend Wifey by transdimensional_void. It's a really gorgeous wlw story where Phil, who works at the Apple store, falls for a girl named Dani who works at the MAC store. It's so sweet and lovely, and definitely one of my absolute favourites, and I seriously recommend giving it a read.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon

obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:49 pm Just here to recommend Wifey by transdimensional_void. It's a really gorgeous wlw story where Phil, who works at the Apple store, falls for a girl named Dani who works at the MAC store. It's so sweet and lovely, and definitely one of my absolute favourites, and I seriously recommend giving it a read.
Seconded! I read this whole thing in one sitting last night and it’s gorgeous
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i'm here to rec kay_okay's latest work : who you are and who you've been

it's sweet, a little bit hot, and so so fluffy and funny. :love2:
:gayaf:
liola
rankussy

Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:32 pm i'm here to rec kay_okay's latest work : who you are and who you've been

it's sweet, a little bit hot, and so so fluffy and funny. :love2:
absolutely doubling up the rec because this was so so gorgeous and sweet and fun! Truly give it a go and you won't regret it.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

This is a super cute travel fic with lots of romantic moments and I love it. From London to Paris by animad.
Winston
flower crown

The new Bingo fic by queerofcups is amazing. "build our walls, aluminum". It's beautifully written and the imagery is so powerful. It's a good thing it's a short fic because if it was long/chaptered people may die from the intensity of it. I literally teared up even though it isn't outrightly sad. It is scary in a perfectly subtle creepy way that really is more effective, imo, than outright horror. If you can handle alien abduction fics read this immediately it is just an amazing piece of writing I truly can't say enough to do it justice.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/16059110

note: it has been so long since I have posted anything on here that I cannot for the life of me remember how to link it inside the text so I had to go this way. (sorry I am inept at the basics all over again :napsta: )
Winston
flower crown

:sobs: UGH!! I edited my last post (see above) but then went to post it and it was deleted as i was "no longer able to edit or delete. So sorry about the double post but I have to!

Anyway, I also highly recommend When we try new things by CapriciousCrab. It's wonderfully written and just so real. The communication and realness of the relationship between two adult humans who love each other is so well written. The second part actually made me cry. The fic is not a sad fic, however, but the emotions are intense. :love1:

Also, side note about the Bingo fic fest, I am so happy Phandomficfests thought of this one, not only are we getting such wonderful fics, and the potential for soooo many, but also it is a lot of fun to see people maybe step out of their comfort zones. I can't wait to see all that this fest produces! Thanks for thinking of this fest, it's utterly brilliant! :stan:
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added link
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

kavat wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:20 am This is a super cute travel fic with lots of romantic moments and I love it. From London to Paris by animad.
+1 i deeply recommend, just finished it and it was AMAZING
(so thanks @kavat for the rec :hearts: )
:gayaf:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I've embedded my post on tumblr about this fic here because it says everything I need it to say and all the links are there, but I seriously urge everyone to check out this fic, which you now have several links to.
(link if the embedding doesn't work)
kavat
pastel persona

Hi hello there, I'm here with a couple of recs for your gloomy autumn evenings.

Forever frozen still by Agingphangirl. Phil is a wedding photographer who has lost his spark, Dan is a cynic wedding planner who doesn't believe in love. Lots of pining and sadness but with a lovely ending.

Let go of the reins by Natigail. Dan gets a summer job at the Lester stables, even though he knows nothing about horses. A lovely story about falling in love with your friend while also falling in love with horses (I'm not a horse person but it was still very cute).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

play 1950 by waveydnp- a cis f/f genderswap au, the first of a multi-part story where Dee and Fi are best friends. I'm so intrigued to see where this one goes.

are you going to age with grace? by clicketydick - A fic about Phil and insecurities in growing older.

zig zag boy by vvelna - Phil is a magician and Dan is his assistant.