Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dae
dank meme
Pronouns: They/them

not to break up the party but i saw this tweet and now i’m getting conspiracy vibes.

thoughts?

update: just realized what the tweet that one was replying to meant (basically showing that the text message was sent before pinof 9 even though the time they did yoga was in giving the people what they want ) this is even more suspicious
Last edited by dae on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Accept that you don't really have to know everything and why"
mm_sunny1993
spork

A perfect way to end my birthday tbh :ribena:
I loved everything about it but I almost died at the whale noises because my best friend and I always send each other the whale emoticons when we are bored or when we had good food and it was just a strange coincidence.
Off to rewatch it again because I think I missed a few bits.

Them wearing the pastel hoodies tonight :stan: can't wait for the m&g pictures.

edit: @dae they do look the same to me. They just cut a few messages off in the end that they didn't want to include and read out.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

This video is the best thing that has happened to me in, like, a month :sobs: :garbage: :elephant: :rainbowsparkle:

I've already watched it twice and wow, I just have to say this tour's bus content is so much better than the last one's... The whale noises, domestic texts to each other when the other one's away, the conceptussy, the dramatic parfait reading, ALL OF THE FOOD STUFF (100% can relate) but most of all, I'm dying at Phil being the one to suggest names for the Furry Throwdown video, we're really living in wonderful times when he's back to showing his naughty side like at the beginning of his youtube career :happytears:
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

@dae i think they might've done yoga classes before GTPWTW, dan mentioned yoga moves in pinof 9, i don't think it's something suspicious at all.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I love seeing the editing software with the clips in the timeline, it’s an interesting glimpse behind the scenes. Also Phil looking soft and cute in the purple hoodie. They both look so good in the video too, as does the bus in its monochrome aesthetic. Cute how squashed up close they’re sitting, shoulders overlapping and everything ;) I loved the dramatic music and reading of the parfait text and the whale noises digesting on separate couches. Good to finally hear the context for the pain places text, I’d assumed it was about a massage, but yoga makes sense.

Gah, I’ve just seen the first meet and greet pics and they both look stunning in the pastel hoodies. Dan in the light pink... :faint:
George
sad dimple

So apparently tbc dates aren't happening? A quote from Dan: "the final tickets are out, ain't gonna be no more shows added". Or did I get that wrong, and the tbc's already added are happening... :hmmm:
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
pilotlight
#relatable

I hardcore relate to the overeating and making nonsensical beached whale noises to each other from separate couches. :lol: Very funny vid. The content wasn't really surprising, but it was neat that they were willing to share it with us.

The bareback adventure title was...something. :shock:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

George wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:50 pm So apparently tbc dates aren't happening? A quote from Dan: "the final tickets are out, ain't gonna be no more shows added". Or did I get that wrong, and the tbc's already added are happening... :hmmm:
He’s said that a few times, he means in America cos they added a date in Florida, I think. It doesn’t mean the tbc dates.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Quality content and my thirst is quenched. Can we talk about their faces when Phil mentioned getting out their old phones?!? Like I know it would literally never happen, but I would pay SO MUCH MONEY for fetus phan texts
susan2
rainbow nerd

That video was so great!! It's on the re-watch list already. I loved that sprinkled amongst the the conversation about the tiny window was them politely trying to get the other to make the effort to come to their hotel room - it felt like you come to me, na you come to me, haha.

I'd never seen those texts from TABINOF that someone posted here recently, and was initially horrified to learn that Dan doesn't text in lowercase. In that moment everything I thought I knew was blown apart. My faith has now been restored in the beauty of a lowercase text.

...I wonder what Phil was looking for originally that he sent Dan a year ago :hmmm:
flarequake wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 pm I love seeing the editing software with the clips in the timeline, it’s an interesting glimpse behind the scenes. Also Phil looking soft and cute in the purple hoodie. They both look so good in the video too, as does the bus in its monochrome aesthetic. Cute how squashed up close they’re sitting, shoulders overlapping and everything ;) I loved the dramatic music and reading of the parfait text and the whale noises digesting on separate couches. Good to finally hear the context for the pain places text, I’d assumed it was about a massage, but yoga makes sense.

Gah, I’ve just seen the first meet and greet pics and they both look stunning in the pastel hoodies. Dan in the light pink... :faint:
Yeah that subtle change from "work them" to "stretch them" certainly makes things a lot clearer :lol:
George wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:50 pm So apparently tbc dates aren't happening? A quote from Dan: "the final tickets are out, ain't gonna be no more shows added". Or did I get that wrong, and the tbc's already added are happening... :hmmm:
The description box still mentions "TBC"...so hopefully they're still trying!
(Though surely Montreal is unlikely to be July/August now....does that mean they're going to have to come back separately in September if they're doing it?!)
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

So, I'm having an emotional day and this video made me think back to the dark past, I wish I could go back in time to 2012/13 and show myself this video like "see, they're gonna be totally fine, you don't need to worry so much about these two dumb boys, they're gonna be fine"
*Happy tear*
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I had low expectations going into this video and am so glad I was wrong - I've already rewatched it and love every minute of it. I've always said that I prefer gaming videos to main channel and I don't actually think that's true anymore - I just prefer videos were Dan and Phil are being more authentic and I have to say that other than "Drawing viewers" DnP are really trying to deliver this year.

I've seen the typical drama on tumblr about bed discourse and tbh I don't care if they share, sleep in separate rooms, or even sleep in separate hotels-the fact that they want to be in each other's company even when they are on their own is very endearing. I also noticed that none of the texts discussed separate rooms at home but anyways...

The other thing I took from this video is that there are probably a lot of times in their videos when they bring something up like with the "pain places" text and out of context people assume it means something else and blow it up (although Phil acting shocked in Pinof when we know he sent the text is kind of funny) Truly a great video. I give it a 10/10 and hope for more.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

They did that. They delivered on a perfect and cute as hell video. Very educational as well, it's like I just got a crash course in Dan and Phil's daily life. The whale noises and conceptussy were my fave ones. Oh, and the yoga conversation. Them almost sitting on top of each other on that bench also really did it for me~~

I'm so happy and soft rn, because this video made it so clear how much their lives are intertwined and in the year of our Lord 2k18 they're just completely fine with showing us that?? And they're not being weird or uncomfortable about it all??¿¿ Sometimes it feels unreal, like 2012-13!me wouldn't believe this.

Thanks for feeding us boys. :love2: I'll always be a bit thirsty, but at least I'm not hungry anymore. :thumb:

3rd rewatch here we go!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
susan2
rainbow nerd

Also, I'm gonna need a "Dan's top 10 dips" video in my life.

He is, after all, a person of elephant and refined tastes.
One minute was not enough...we need the finer details Dan, about ALL OF THE DIPS.

:dh: "Condiments are love, condiments are life" :dh:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay, well I clearly have too much time on my hands:

convo one: animal emoji (29 december 2017)
convo two: pee glasses (no date shown)
convo three: bareback adventure (no date shown but circa 9 march 2018)
convo four: regretti the spaghetti (no date shown but phil was away + implied sickness)
convo five: big night in/fix sex (no date shown but that pic was posted to ig 12 march 2018)
convo six: sock band (no date shown)
convo seven: corgi alert (no date shown but if they weren't watching together presumably also while phil was away?)
convo eight: anime boys in towels (no date shown)
convo ten: dog having its mouth pinched (no date shown but that video was posted 1 april 2018)
convo eleven: radical conceptussy (no date shown but presumably from dan's family visit in early april)
convo twelve: dan's leg wounds (no date shown but after the tour set was finalized)
convo thirteen: flooded hotel room/tiny window (12 june 2018)
convo fourteen: paint fumes (no date shown but post tour beginning since they're in a hotel)
convo fifteen: exhaust fumes in bus (2 july 2018)
convo sixteen: thanos deleted it (no date shown)
convo seventeen: granola parfait (no date shown)
convo eighteen: dog humping blanket (no date shown but after 2 july 2018 since they were in the tour bus)
convo nineteen: i'm hungry bitch hurry up (no date shown)
convo twenty: pigeon seed (no date shown)
convo twenty-one: man fell down stairs (no date shown but they were in an airport)
convo twenty-two: pain places/yoga (no date shown but prior to nov 2017)
convo twenty-three: all the dips (no date shown but they were at home? maybe?)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:34 pm Okay, well I clearly have too much time on my hands:

convo four: regretti the spaghetti (no date shown but phil was away + implied sickness)
convo five: big night in/fix sex (no date shown but that pic was posted to ig 12 march 2018)
convo six: sock band (no date shown)
convo seven: corgi alert (no date shown but if they weren't watching together presumably also while phil was away?)
convo eight: anime boys in towels (no date shown)
convo ten: dog having its mouth pinched (no date shown but that video was posted 1 april 2018)
convo eleven: radical conceptussy (no date shown but presumably from dan's family visit in early april)
convo twelve: dan's leg wounds (no date shown but after the tour set was finalized)
convo thirteen: flooded hotel room/tiny window (12 june 2018)
convo fourteen: paint fumes (no date shown but post tour beginning since they're in a hotel)
convo fifteen: exhaust fumes in bus (2 july 2018)
convo sixteen: thanos deleted it (no date shown)
convo seventeen: granola parfait (no date shown)
convo eighteen: dog humping blanket (no date shown but after 2 july 2018 since they were in the tour bus)
convo nineteen: i'm hungry bitch hurry up (no date shown)
convo twenty: pigeon seed (no date shown)
convo twenty-one: man fell down stairs (no date shown but they were in an airport)
convo twenty-two: pain places/yoga (no date shown but prior to nov 2017)
convo twenty-three: all the dips (no date shown but they were at home? maybe?)
I was hoping someone would do this - should have known we could count on you!
pearshaped34
morning quiff

dae wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:05 pm not to break up the party but i saw this tweet and now i’m getting conspiracy vibes.

thoughts?

Maybe I'm wrong but when you take into account the whole chat (there was more to it than shown in that screenshot) I do think what's on Dan's screen matches.

But if you want a conspiracy theory that still doesn't mean it's real because if they had faked this and wrote a script of texts just for purpose of this video then surely they'd also have sat and text them back and forth to each other. Mostly because they are using their phone to read their "script" so the easiest way to do that would be to actually have it on there. :tinfoil: :

(I don't personally believe this is what happened mind just for the sake of argument if it was faked I still think they'd have really had it on their phones to read off.)

Also Dan mentioned again in this video that he likes to binge on cheese when Phil isn't there and I still find this tidbit interesting because I don't get why his friend and roommate not like cheese/being lactose intolerant would stop him eating it. Particularly when they are ordering separate meals to be delivered and not cooking a shared meal.
Like how close does Phil like to get to you Dan where the fact you've ate cheese bothers him. :tinfoil:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm pretty sure what happened is that Phil screenshot the conversations he wanted to include and sent the screenshots to Dan, which is what would be on Dan's phone, then further edited them to clean it up and be exactly what they were comfortable sharing in the video during the editing process. I mean, it's not like it actually matters to Dan if Phil sends him screenshots that contain things they won't want the audience to see, so there'd be no reason to edit them to be identical beforehand.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:34 pm Okay, well I clearly have too much time on my hands:

Dan confirmed he'd seen Shape of Water in his liveshow on 20th Feb.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i thought it was obvious that dan was scrolling through screenshots on his phone -- if they were both going through the actual conversations while filming, it would be a looong session of scrolling, discussing, and "wait, were are we now? november 13th?" followed by endless scrolling. my impression, too, was that phil had probably sent dan a pre-selection and they were going through these while filming, reading them out loud to see what would be the funniest. so what we saw on screen, what dan saw on screen, and what phil saw while scrolling through the conversation were three different things.

i loved the video A Lot, but i do hate that they keep bringing back "yee" because i haven't been free from that since 2011 or so and i just...want to forget fkdjkdfj

edit: (what alittledizzy said while i had this tab open and didn't properly read through the added replies, sorry!)
thank's you were great
dancy
procrastinator

I do find that "pain places" text convo a bit weird. Phil said he scrolled back all the way to when Dan first got his new phone but that's not quite true since this conversation actually happened before that in November when he still had the iPhone 7. In the PINOF 9 bloopers video they were asked to read out the last message they had sent, which in Dan's case was "ask her about your pain places and work them" (this time it's suddenly "stretch" instead of "work"?) and then Phil acts surprised and says "What does that mean? Her pain places?" (as if it wasn't him who Dan texted that to smh). It's not that big of a deal but it doesn't completely add up.

Anyway, I did REALLY enjoy the video though and am probably gonna rewatch it for the third time after this :D Maybe we'll get a gaming video in the next few days too as it's been over a week since the last one. I hope they'll have a nice day off tomorrow after having to perform six shows in a row. I'm guessing they'll fly to Toronto?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

dancy wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:38 pm I do find that "pain places" text convo a bit weird. Phil said he scrolled back all the way to when Dan first got his new phone but that's not quite true since this conversation actually happened before that in November when he still had the iPhone 7. In the PINOF 9 bloopers video they were asked to read out the last message they had sent, which in Dan's case was "ask her about your pain places and work them" (this time it's suddenly "stretch" instead of "work"?) and then Phil acts surprised and says "What does that mean? Her pain places?" (as if it wasn't him who Dan texted that to smh). It's not that big of a deal but it doesn't completely add up.
actually now that you mention it, you are right. The timestamp on Dan's animoji text was in December and the Pinof conversation was a month before. Also Phil's last text was something like "i'm on my way down" . Not a big deal like you said but I'm just assuming they pulled a typical dan and phil and tweaked the conversation in pinof. It's kind of like Phil having the plant shovel from the calendar photoshoot under his "bed" and Dan being surprised that Phil has a hard bed frame - I don't believe those are genuine moments of discovery, just overacted things to suit their narrative
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I was looking through Phil's replies about the video, and this one pretty much confirmed that the Montreal date really is a no go :(
hello9217
flower crown

dancy wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:38 pm I do find that "pain places" text convo a bit weird. Phil said he scrolled back all the way to when Dan first got his new phone but that's not quite true since this conversation actually happened before that in November when he still had the iPhone 7. In the PINOF 9 bloopers video they were asked to read out the last message they had sent, which in Dan's case was "ask her about your pain places and work them" (this time it's suddenly "stretch" instead of "work"?) and then Phil acts surprised and says "What does that mean? Her pain places?" (as if it wasn't him who Dan texted that to smh). It's not that big of a deal but it doesn't completely add up.

Anyway, I did REALLY enjoy the video though and am probably gonna rewatch it for the third time after this :D Maybe we'll get a gaming video in the next few days too as it's been over a week since the last one. I hope they'll have a nice day off tomorrow after having to perform six shows in a row. I'm guessing they'll fly to Toronto?
I think the reason that they are different is that dan being dan mis-spoke and said work instead of stretch :shrug: . Also Phil would still have all their text convos on his phone because he got a new phone earlier. I'm guessing what happened is that while phil was scrolling through their texts he went back further and saw that one and thought it would be a funny inclusion. And yeah it's really not unlike dnp to kind of over-exaggerate things in videos. Like in the 'will dan and phil survive Australia' dan goes overboard in reacting to the kangaroo costume and then in a ls after it he said he knew about it beforehand. It's just what they do for entertainment purposes.
ratlad
angel bean

maybe phil had older convos with dan in his phone before dan got a new one/switched numbers. maybe dan used the same simcard but deleted old texts but phil kept his. it'd make sense if phil had the old chatlogs and dan didn't.
and the "on my way down" text phil sent from pinof 9 was a text he sent, not dan. dan sent the yoga text. it makes sense to me :shrug:
also, dan said: "have we tweeted that out?" after they read the "pain places" text, so it must've sounded familiar to him.

edit: @hello9217 oop, we are on the same page, my friend! (i'm feelin less alone)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl