Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

ratlad wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:05 pm
edit: havin a quick look again and i'm not sure if that's actually deodorant or a chocolate bar. not sure if the other thing was boxed water either. anyway, i dare dan to make a "What I Bought At Whole Foods Haul! *EMOTIONAL*"
video.
lol i think it is deodorant!! 'every man jack' deodorant in the scent sandalwood to be exact and i am disturbed that i recognized it lmfao.

also seeing:
-‘flow’ boxed alkaline spring water
-rice dream rice milk which looks like it’s stacked on top of almond dream almond milk
-at least 4 bottles of some kind of orange soda drink
-toms toothpaste
-some sort of ‘fresh juice’ in pink and also yellow
-a little packet of cookies and then another box of cookies
-dish soap
-two bottles of fiji water
-bioderma micellar water (coupled w the toner someone said they saw im loling that these two are always so concerned about their facial skincare regimen)

what a great post for the top of the new page sjdfskdlfs
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 pm Okay Whole Foods shoppers, now is your time to shine. What all did he buy??
There is (quite literally) a Whole Foods in my backyard and it was hard to recognize a lot of that shit. I see what looks like Virgil’s soda (probs orange cream). Also Tom’s makes natural toiletries, so that’s prob toothpaste. A couple of Fresh juices. Rice milk. Kashi and/or Cascadian Farms cereal (they’re the only white boxes I can think of).

And now, since I’m on mobile, I’ll stop.

Also 100 points to Leela for sliding in with way more than I could manage before I posted. This game is entirely more fun than I’d like to admit.
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama

rizzo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:02 am Also 100 points to Leela for sliding in with way more than I could manage before I posted. This game is entirely more fun than I’d like to admit.
<3333

lol, it is embarrassingly addictive isn't it? i am embarrassed about how long i just sat there staring at some blurry pixels. i am still staring it as i eat dinner and i think i also see:

-biena roasted chickpeas in the flavor salted caramel
(https://bienasnacks.com/products/salted-caramel)
-seaweed bath co. purifying detox body wash
(https://www.instacart.com/whole-foods/p ... 12-0-fl-oz)

k im gonna go like get a life now bye :thumb:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

nihilist-toothpaste wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:40 pm
ratlad wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:05 pm
edit: havin a quick look again and i'm not sure if that's actually deodorant or a chocolate bar. not sure if the other thing was boxed water either. anyway, i dare dan to make a "What I Bought At Whole Foods Haul! *EMOTIONAL*"
video.
lol i think it is deodorant!! 'every man jack' deodorant in the scent sandalwood to be exact and i am disturbed that i recognized it lmfao.
lol don't be too disturbed bc i instantly recognized the deodorant too. my ex used to use it and it smells so good

i also saw what looks like a box of cereal (kashi?) and some chips but i'm not sure of the brand
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

y'all are super sleuths i love it :stan:
also i don't mean this in a rude way but i got second-hand embarrassment from dan filming at the checkout with people behind him, he's bold and brave for doing that.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Philena
blobfish

The chips are Terra Sweet potato, I do believe!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

tbh I blame 'Just For Laughs' for taking up the entire city for like two weeks. I feel for the Montreal people though :( (hopefully there will be more news about the other tbc dates soon)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 am tbh I blame 'Just For Laughs' for taking up the entire city for like two weeks. I feel for the Montreal people though :( (hopefully there will be more news about the other tbc dates soon)

I... do not like this tweet. There were probably folks that forewent other tour dates, choosing instead to wait until Montreal and literally half a tweet is what they get?

IDK. Not my cup of tea. I'm sorry Montreal folks. :(
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:06 am
obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 am tbh I blame 'Just For Laughs' for taking up the entire city for like two weeks. I feel for the Montreal people though :( (hopefully there will be more news about the other tbc dates soon)

I... do not like this tweet. There were probably folks that forewent other tour dates, choosing instead to wait until Montreal and literally half a tweet is what they get?

What else could they say, though? Not that I entirely disagree, it's pretty crap for Montreal people, but I think he probably wanted to put it out there now so they can acknowledge it's not happening in the Rize stream without it taking over the whole thing.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:17 am

What else could they say, though? Not that I entirely disagree, it's pretty crap for Montreal people, but I think he probably wanted to put it out there now so they can acknowledge it's not happening in the Rize stream without it taking over the whole thing.
You're right in that a tweet ahead of time is a good idea, but this tweet in particular didn't really sit well with me. I recognize that I'm being nit-picky but it just reads like:

"Tour is so fun! Get tickets, guys! btwwerenotgoingtomontrealafterall :D :D :D "
ratlad
angel bean

i just got a notif that dan posted a story but i went to click nd nothing is new >:-| ?
im suing.
autumnhearth
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:02 am
Are there any references here besides Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? I only watched the first season and it wasn’t really my cup of tea.

Cheers to you shopping sleuths! I’ve been curious about that brand of deodorant.
autumnhearth
senpai

Nevermind, I found the lyrics and vaguely remember it. Of course Dan quotes an ode to penis. Sorry for the double post. Google ‘Peeno Noir’ if you’re curious.
starwatersong
phabergé

At least there's (finally) some closure. I was going to try for VIP in Montréal (didn't get it in Toronto). I definitely feel bad for the people who decided they would rather forego the six hour trip to Toronto (which was sold out very quickly) to wait out the French tickets. Also feel bad for anyone on the East Coast.

"I hope we can visit another time" is a little rough when Dan has stated multiple times that this is the last time ever to see them.

:shrug:
fieldoflovers
living flop

I know we've moved on from discussing Dan's channel but I sometimes wonder how Phil feels about Dan's channel. Like from the DNA video, we know Phil sorta pushed or encouraged Dan to upload something and if he felt the need to do that then I'd be curious about whether Phil is annoyed at that. I'm not saying that Dan doesn't work hard but Phil films and edits his own videos and often is editing stuff for the gaming channel as well as doing the spon/ promo side of their jobs and I wonder how they divide that up, because it def comes off as Phil doing more work.

I understand the massive amount of pressure that Dan is under with any new video, but I think that pressure grows the longer he waits to upload. I'm not envious of the amount of expectations he has to face with every video. Like some people want him to make videos that deep and important, some want comedy, some want dan to make a 2012 type video so I get it. But I wonder why it needs to be so all or nothing, if he doesn't have the time/ energy to make a proper dinof video then why doesn't he maybe make something less highbrow on danisnotinteresting? Like we know he wanted to make a candle haul and videos of that nature but then changed his mind,,, I'm just kind of tired of this, i'm sorry this post is so salty, i think if I had liveshows I'd be fine

People were willing to watch Dan recommend anime and I love that video because its something easy for him to make and it gives us insight into his taste and it was just nice, I just wanna tell him that we'll be fine if he makes something that isn't scripted or has a sketch because we're suprised to him for him not his stories.

In other news, at least dnp are doing a liveshow tomorrow, i won't be able to watch but I hope they have some good tour stories
knq
lava lamp

fieldoflovers wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:59 am I know we've moved on from discussing Dan's channel but I sometimes wonder how Phil feels about Dan's channel. Like from the DNA video, we know Phil sorta pushed or encouraged Dan to upload something and if he felt the need to don’t that then I'd be curious about whether Phil is annoyed at that. I'm not saying that Dan doesn't work hard but Phil films and edits his own videos and often is editing stuff for the gaming channel as well as doing the spon/ promo side of their jobs and I wonder how they divide that up, because it def comes off as Phil doing more work.
I think as Dan’s partner Phil’s going to have a different perspective than someone who’s a fan of his content.

I don’t remember much about the DNA video other than that Phil suggested it and Dan originally wasn't going to do it, then changed his mind. If they did talk about it as if Phil pushed for Dan to do that video, I wouldn’t trust that overly much. Dan often “blames” Phil or the audience for things he actually wants to do. It’s a Dan thing. I don’t believe there’s anything other than defensive humor behind it.

Dan and Phil’s major joint business ventures are their tour, their gaming channel, and their merch company. Dinof is not that. It seems to be a platform for creative self expression (which Dan struggles with) more than anything. If Phil was annoyed with Dan for not making more videos on dinof I’d just be shocked and confused. They’re so much more accepting of and so much better to each other than that. It’s what I love about them.
jestbee
crusty sponge
Pronouns: She/her

I spent my morning replaying that insta story and only managed to work out the toothpaste. Then I realised that you guys over here probably had a wealth of information, and I was right!

Did anyone work out what that little spray bottle with the yellow label is? Is that one of the face products?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:39 am Nevermind, I found the lyrics and vaguely remember it. Of course Dan quotes an ode to penis. Sorry for the double post. Google ‘Peeno Noir’ if you’re curious.
Oh, Daniel Howell :roll: we stan a 12-year-old (whoops, easy insult in this Phandom). I looked up the lyrics and realise I’ve seen that episode, but it was a while ago.

Not making it to Montreal is such a shame especially only being able to announce it days after one of the other Canada shows. Not everyone would have been able to travel to Toronto or Vancouver instead, even if they’d known way earlier. Gah, what can they do. There are a lot more concerned people in Mexico and Brazil in his replies on Twitter than there are people in Montreal, but still :(

Well done, pixel-detectives. It’s interesting to hear which skincare products they’re buying.
George
sad dimple

I'm not blaming Dan for not making videos during the tour, that shit is exhausting. I was exhausted after just going to 2 back-to-back shows. :bedtime: However, he could have filmed something beforehand, and his bae is filming during the tour.... And didn't Dan say he had a weird day of scripting like 4 videos, where are they?

Considering the tour ends mid-September, they probably take a few weeks off after that to re-charge, and we MAY be getting Gamingmas (are we tho? It's a lot of hard work after the tour), that only leaves October and November for the regular upload schedule. The way Dan talked in a liveshow, I'm not expecting a new dinof before that. I just hope it's something else than Halloween baking... :sideeye:
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
ratlad
angel bean

i'm thinking back to a liveshow in early 2017, before the move im pretty sure, dan mentioned phil suggesting easier video ideas. i don't think phil gets annoyed at dan's lack of content, i think he understands and is just encouraging/letting him go at his own pace.

speaking of liveshows
i really hope someone records the entire thing today cause i have therapy and shopping to do so idk if i'll be home to catch it.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

ratlad wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:05 am speaking of liveshows
i really hope someone records the entire thing today cause i have therapy and shopping to do so idk if i'll be home to catch it.
Yeah, me too. 6pm is peak family/kid time, so I’m definitely not going to be able to watch live. Anyway, I got rid of Rize because it spooks me, I was never quite sure if my front camera was on, broadcasting my multiple chins from an unflattering angle, and also my iPhone instantly went red hot whenever it was running. Delet.
ratlad
angel bean

^ oof, yeah it overheats my phone too, like a BUNCH. i feel like my fingertips have some sort of magic powers now.
dancy
procrastinator

rizzo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:25 am
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:17 am

You're right in that a tweet ahead of time is a good idea, but this tweet in particular didn't really sit well with me. I recognize that I'm being nit-picky but it just reads like:

"Tour is so fun! Get tickets, guys! btwwerenotgoingtomontrealafterall :D :D :D "
Yes, the tweet rubs me the wrong way as well. It's short and rushed, could've absolutely done without the promo and there's no acknowledgement from Dan in the form of a retweet or even a like. I mean, I know Twitter isn't the best place for detailed statements but they could've written something more thorough on the tour website and I'm going to be disappointed if they don't actually acknowledge it during today's liveshow. Gotta say I'm somewhat surprised by the lack of damage control though but that's definitely for the best. I'm sorry to those who were planning on going to this show and I'm holding out hope that they can still make it to Brazil and Mexico.

When it comes to DINOF, I'm kinda past the point where I'm really expecting a video anytime soon and instead I'm just wondering what goes on in Dan's head. A month ago he said he'd try to film something while he was home and that obviously hasn't happened. What really happened to the video he planned on uploading in June? Why has he only uploaded 3 videos + a trailer this year? When does he actually plan on filming something again? Does he wish he'd make more videos or does he not really care? Is he happy with the type of content he's produced this year (and previous years)? What are his goals, does he even know what he wants? I know there's probably a bunch of reasons for not uploading that go beyond not having enough time due to the tour (procrastination, anxiety, lack of motivation/creative energy etc.) but well... I like clarity and frankness. Also, it's funny how some people earlier mentioned Dan following in the footsteps of two Youtubers he looked up to (Natalie Tran and Charlie McDonnell) in terms of having inactive channels because that's literally what Nathan Zed is doing as well (who has named Dan as one of his inspirations) :lol:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

autumnhearth wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:39 am Nevermind, I found the lyrics and vaguely remember it. Of course Dan quotes an ode to penis. Sorry for the double post. Google ‘Peeno Noir’ if you’re curious.

black penis, no less
#phandivorce :lol:
art in avatar by lily