Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Dan is such a damn heart rob and I like how he tries to brighten our days with a nice pictures or gram (and so does Phil btw) but why do I always feel like he's feeling a bit ambiguous about it? Maybe it's just me. Sigh. I hope we get a video soon I'm happy for everyone going to the show but for people who don't have the chance/ people who've already seen them it's been months of slow content :( Especially on their main channels. Can we get a dinof vid before the end of 2012?
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:37 pm
watsonian wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:04 pm In the chronicles of How Dan and Phil Manage Meet and Greets, I thought this video was interesting/sweet/funny. The fan asks Phil if she can kiss him on the cheek. Dan says no. :love2:
It's reassuring that they're capable of setting boundaries in a polite or amusing way without offending fans, as that's a question that's been brought up here before. (I don't know how Dan manages to make the implication that a person has Ebola sound polite, but he does.)
i cant make out what dan says exactly? (or phil for that matter?) i’m shit at this
Here you go! I typed up the whole lil interaction, these M&Gs are so hard to understand over the loud music and all the chatter. It is under the tag below!
d&P: *talking over each other*
D: “That is a perfect recreation right there, seriously”
P: “Its so good! do you want me to sign this as well?”
fan: “Yes please!”
P: “Yeah sure”
D: “And did you want me to take a selfie for us?”
fan: *mumble*
D: “Of course I can[ ...] alright”
fan: *something about "cheesy smile pose"(?)*
[...]
D: “Aww so cute!”
fan: “Can I get one with Phil?”
D: “Yes of course, lets get one of you two”
fan: “Is it okay if I, like, kiss your cheek or [almost] kiss your cheek? Can I fake?”
D: “Uuh can’t do that in case you give him ebola”
P: “Err, *being talked over by dan* you could do like a, blow?”
fan: “oh okay, gotcha!”
[...]
D: “Ooh thats cute- yes. And one for us [alright].”
[...]
P: “There we go”
D: “Aw”
fan: “Thank you so much, thank you...”
D: “Aw, no worries”
fan: “...I just really quickly wanted to say, um, thanks for all the help(?)... *unintelligible over the loud music* ...and I appreciate you both...”
P: “Thats amazing”
D: “That means a lot”
fan: “Thank you very much”
D: “No worries!”
P: “Thank you so much!”
fan: “Thanks, bye!”
D: “Have a good time tonight!”
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

@yeetussy I totally get it, I hope you're feeling better now. Hope I didn't come off as harsh. I may not be the most frequent poster but I seriously love IDB so I feel v protective of it :lol:

Anyway, the boys apparently had a movie date night instead of uploading. I'm okay with that, but hope for a video soon.
bluewho
truth bomb

Stakhanov wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 pm Dan is such a damn heart rob and I like how he tries to brighten our days with a nice pictures or gram (and so does Phil btw) but why do I always feel like he's feeling a bit ambiguous about it? Maybe it's just me. Sigh. I hope we get a video soon I'm happy for everyone going to the show but for people who don't have the chance/ people who've already seen them it's been months of slow content :( Especially on their main channels. Can we get a dinof vid before the end of 2012?
Drought rant
I don't even hope for a dinof, dinof is dead :roll: I really feel like everything they are doing now is joint content- it's either gaming videos or joint liveshows or joint videos on AP :shrug: I don't really mind since the last few videos on dinof haven't even been that funny but I wonder if this will even pick up after the tour since it seems to me dan doesn't seem to like doing solo content anymore. Maybe he finds it stressful and lacks ideas idk.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I guess no one here is surprised by this....
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

bluewho wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:27 pm
Stakhanov wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 pm Dan is such a damn heart rob and I like how he tries to brighten our days with a nice pictures or gram (and so does Phil btw) but why do I always feel like he's feeling a bit ambiguous about it? Maybe it's just me. Sigh. I hope we get a video soon I'm happy for everyone going to the show but for people who don't have the chance/ people who've already seen them it's been months of slow content :( Especially on their main channels. Can we get a dinof vid before the end of 2012?
Drought rant
I don't even hope for a dinof, dinof is dead :roll: I really feel like everything they are doing now is joint content- it's either gaming videos or joint liveshows or joint videos on AP :shrug: I don't really mind since the last few videos on dinof haven't even been that funny but I wonder if this will even pick up after the tour since it seems to me dan doesn't seem to like doing solo content anymore. Maybe he finds it stressful and lacks ideas idk.
He's actually talked about this recently in an II show. I mean he's kind of joking but I do genuinely believe when he says that filming videos breaks him that he's not entirely exaggerating.
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:42 amAre there any differences between filming a gaming and a main channel video, do prefer either?
D: Yesss
P: Oo! I think there are differences, um-
D: Less of a existential crisis while filming The Sims.
P: Maybe.
D: Haha. Sometimes.
P: I think with a gaming video there’s more that could go wrong because your capturing from a video game.
D: Yes. There’s like a 50% chance that it will just break halfway through, be like great
P: Or the game won’t load, or something will go wrong, [most of the issues of?] us actually reacting/playing the game.
D: You say that but filming a video on my channel there’s a 50% chance that I will break.
P: True
D: So I don’t know how true that is.
P: Um, I quite like making both of them though
D: I mean the reason we started the gaming channel was because we spend all our evenings playing video games
P: Yeah
D: So we’d just like ‘why aren’t we filming this?’
P: I think that’s fun
P: It is fun. They’re both fun, but they’re both full of...
D: All or nothing’s and Dan vs Phil but that’s fine, (unintelligible) and it’s UNFAIR!
P: It’s the most important part!
D: Is it? What, you ruining our friendship? (Phil giggles) Okay.
I also find it interesting that filming gaming videos is more stressful to Phil. Does Dan just not find the technical errors are frustrating or is it still the case that Phil handles most of the technical equipment site of gaming video filming and Dan just primarily edits?
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

lefthandedism wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 pm I guess no one here is surprised by this....
I may have missed the announcement but I was happy to see that tweet and some confirmation that the whole show is being properly filmed. Hopefully they won't tardy the release to much.

~ Drought and dinof rant

Yea. I've been thinking they may be having a bit of burnout. Their channels have virtually been unchanged for 10 years. Looks like their creativity... is drying up a bit? I hope they resume to *regular* schedule once tour ends. A return to individual and regular liveshows please.
They said they wanted to do spooky weak and/or gamingmas right? So that's an encouraging sign. At the same time I think 'themed' events like gamingmas show how low their usual level of content output is. It shows they could film a video every day, or at least every other day, if they wanted too.
Post II will be an interesting period anyway as it will either mean a return to normalcy or maybe they embark on other projects as youtube is again put on the backburner. Or maybe they earned enough fuck you money and they'll organize one more bilbo baggins-style party where they literally disappear to greener hills where the people are scarce and the wifi is good :|
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
autumnhearth
senpai

jve wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:36 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:42 am
Do you have advice for moving in with a roommate for the first time? (Ooo) I don’t want the to hate me.
D: Wow. Ummmmm...
P: Borrow their cereal at any opportunity.
D: mmmm.... I’ve never not lived with someone who I don’t hate, so I can’t really relate to that
(Ohhhh’s from Phil and the audience)
P: I’d say that before you actually do like move in together you should probably have a chat-
D: Stalk them the Internet for at least six months
(Screaming from the audience)
D: if you find out they horrendous or completely awful then it’s kinda ok.
P: Well I think you should just have a chat with them and be like.. what do you wanna... do... like are you secretly a furry? Am I secretly a furry?
D: You need to get some common (unintelligible) Are we both secretly furries? Is this a thing now? You just need to get it out of the way. But honestly as long as you say like ‘let me know if I ever do anything that actually annoys you’, because if someone like leaves their socks in the corner and that ruins your life, you need to communicate-
P: Ok we need to-
D: Otherwise you’ll just strangle them with a sock in the night and that is worse than confronting them-
P: You don’t want to bottle this stuff up. Maybe when they’re arrive just like bake them a cake or something
D: (let’s out a huff of laughter) When did you ever make me a cake?! Ok that’s it, [bad friend (unintelligible) that’s our (unintelligible) relationship?] right there.
P: Right.
D: But you didn’t get me a cake!
P: I got you some Dominos pizza, like what do you want?

D: (unintelligible)
P: Uhhhhhnnn
I'm wondering if this was your favourite part, because it was definitely mine. It just seems like such an innocent and adorable domestic slice of life from back then. :hearteyes:
Yep! That’s the one! Thank you for quoting it, I’ve been out all day. I love that Phil brings up the furry thing this time. Especially as I’m someone who thinks that’s a lowkey dynamic in their relationship. Also the way Phil emphasized *do* in the hypothetical what do you want to do with your new roommate, it was very low, slow and deliberate.
whatdoiknow wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:49 pm Working on the Louisville transcript, and wanted to share this part here because I wasn't expecting Dan to actually choose this option. He made a joke out of it, but I also believe that this is what he'd actually choose if given this situation in real life:
Dan's dilemma: Phil is trapped in the Hunger Games, but Dan has to switch places to save him.
P: Dan.
D: What?
P: Are you gonna go in the arena for me?
D: Are we - how serious are we taking this?
P: This is a real situation.
D: Okay, well Phil, I need to ask you - would you want me to replace you?
P: What do you mean? You can't ask me that. This is your dilemma.
D: I'm just asking if - putting it on me, fine.
P: [sings the hunger games whistle]
D: Okay, after that, Phil is Philadeen. She's quaking in her [?]
P: Okay, well what then?
D: Um, honestly, I couldn't bear to watch you accidentally kill seven people by tripping over them or something so -
P: So you would do it!
D: I would do it! I would do it for you -
P: Awww. [crowd cheers]
D: You know, I'm waiting for death anyway, so that would work out.
Ahhh I love this. Our scenarios weren’t so serious, but when it comes down to it :love1:

@liola
yes please bring back phantastic facts and get rid of dan phil or a rat. The zoomed in bits in our show were even if the rats, but if a human hand and yellow background. It was a fun collab with Anthony, but let it die! I want more personal insights!
And mark me down as someone who only wants a new dinof when Dan is really feeling it. I’m totally happy with joint content.

Glad they could beat the heat in a movie theater, I wonder if they have any plans tomorrow. What an awful place to have two days off in August.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I don't think the ability to do something once a day for thirty days implies that it's something you can do every day, in perpetuity. That's like saying because someone that does sprints can obviously run a marathon every single day at their sprinting speed. They do a video every day for 25 days and then need two weeks to recover; that obviously implies to me that daily videos is not within their capacity. They do gamingmas during December because that's a time of heightened ad revenue.

I also don't think there's any reason to say the lessened output during tour means burnout? Before the ramp up to tour, in fact for all of 2017, we generally had two gaming videos a week plus regular main channel videos and liveshows. If all those stopped without there being another reason I would see the jump to conclusion of burnout, but that's not the reality we're in. There is a very obvious reason for less content and it's not that they don't want to be doing gaming videos, it's that they have to budget their time and energy while on an international tour. There's nothing wrong with wanting more videos, but catastrophizing why we're not getting them as some kind of indicator of their dedication to youtube seems irrational to me.

The bit of the show I posted indicates to me that Dan goes through a personal emotional process every time he makes a main channel video. Not every struggle means burnout. Sometimes it's just figuring out how to transition yourself that's hard, especially when you don't know what you want the end result to even be.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Now that I’m home from the ATL show and have had the time to form my thoughts into semi coherent sentences, I just want to say the show was genuinely so good. Seeing them come on stage was one of the most surreal moments of my existence and I spent 2 hours with my mouth wide open in awe. Those two nerds are truly something incredible and I just adore them <3

Also, shoutout to @alittledizzy for enduring my awkwardness before the show! :ribena:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:38 am Now that I’m home from the ATL show and have had the time to form my thoughts into semi coherent sentences, I just want to say the show was genuinely so good. Seeing them come on stage was one of the most surreal moments of my existence and I spent 2 hours with my mouth wide open in awe. Those two nerds are truly something incredible and I just adore them <3

Also, shoutout to @alittledizzy for enduring my awkwardness before the show! :ribena:
I'm so glad we got to meet up and hang out!! Honestly just getting to geek out with people at something like that totally elevates the whole experience. (Also awkwardness pfft you're fantastic, I had so much fun. And total props to your boyfriend for enduring all our conversation, you've definitely coached him well!)
Phantasy
woodland creature

Advancing the gay agenda 1 like at a time...
PJ’s pics from Brighton Pride...Image
Janelle Monae and Tyler Oakley’s latest...
autumnhearth
senpai

yeetussy wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:11 pm Phil retweeted some phanart (Idk how to embed it hhhhhh) and can I say it actually intimidates me how amazing the artists in the phandom are! Glad they got the recognition they deserved.
Ah I forgot to add this. I love it. Definitely worthy of a retweet:
(Also yay for boundaries during M&Gs!)
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:41 am
thestigdrivesamini wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:38 am Now that I’m home from the ATL show and have had the time to form my thoughts into semi coherent sentences, I just want to say the show was genuinely so good. Seeing them come on stage was one of the most surreal moments of my existence and I spent 2 hours with my mouth wide open in awe. Those two nerds are truly something incredible and I just adore them <3

I'm so glad we got to meet up and hang out!! Honestly just getting to geek out with people at something like that totally elevates the whole experience. (Also awkwardness pfft you're fantastic, I had so much fun. And total props to your boyfriend for enduring all our conversation, you've definitely coached him well!)
Haha he actually enjoyed the show as well!(aside from the screaming) he’s definitely a trooper after the HOURS of deppy footage and lectures I’ve forced on him to prepare for this.
yeetussy
glabella

@Ablissa and @ratlad it’s all good for now and you weren’t the one to stress me out b, it’s just been those types of health months, I’m afraid! I think now that I’ll have a schedule again I’ll be better :tu:

I really, really wish deppy would just stop radiating out of their faces and bodies, it makes me forget to be mad abt not seeing them live. Put the dimple away, Howell, and tame that quiff, Lester. please don’t it’s all I’m living on rn
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I posted the "philsthiccbooty" part of the Atlanta show on tumblr for anyone that wants to hear! And a direct link in case the embed doesn't work for anyone.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:00 am I posted the "philsthiccbooty" part of the Atlanta show on tumblr for anyone that wants to hear! And a direct link in case the embed doesn't work for anyone.
perfect, thank you. he didn't need to say it but he did and i respect that. he's just speaking the truth, i support it...
could this possibly be the name for part 75? lol.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:00 am I posted the "philsthiccbooty" part of the Atlanta show on tumblr for anyone that wants to hear! And a direct link in case the embed doesn't work for anyone.
thank you for this, i never knew i needed to hear this until now
"you are next to me in my life"
sonicgreen
woodland creature

So all the crew members are gawking over the Phoenix temperatures (hi yes i live here and its hell, a nice 122º) and I see they (or at least the merch team) flew here today. Do we know if dnp are in AZ yet? I'm assuming the tour buses are driving still?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

ratlad wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 am
perfect, thank you. he didn't need to say it but he did and i respect that. he's just speaking the truth, i support it...
could this possibly be the name for part 75? lol.
We'll be naming Part 75 in the next few days, so head on over and suggest it! The same goes for any other suggestions, of course. :ribena:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

@sonicgreen i worship you! thank you so much for the m&g transcript! <3
:gayaf:
liola
rankussy

Thanks I hate it!
Really Dan, was it necessary? Phil is thicc got it
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, Dan. He come up with that so quickly, but then Phil does have a cute butt. Would indeed make a good thread name.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So they did share one popcorn after all... I'm relieved for the sake of their health.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i never share my popcorn with anyone so i think it’s very cute that they did :happytears:

edit : apparently this is the explanation behind dan screaming ‘it hurts’ in the background of lauren’s insta story
:gayaf: