Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Damnit i knew this would happen. Anytime i decide to actually be social and hang out with friends d&p seem to think its the perfect time to do a ls/upload :roll:
Speedygonz33 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:25 am That liveshow was great but I’m still salty that we aren’t getting a new Dan video until September or October like why does he set months when he knows he’s probably not going to have time or decide not to? It bothers me
i think its more to encourage/ put pressure on himself to have a video by then. sometimes it helps to have a deadline. i'm very on team let him upload when he's ready, but i can see how its frustrating for others as well.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

While we wait for my laptop doing it's best to render the Rize show, why don't we vote for a fabulous new thread name? :cheer:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Phantasy
woodland creature

What a lovely little liveshow—Phil was so sassy and assertive! Funny how he joins in the chorus of questions about Dan's next video(s)—makes me wonder if Phil ever brings it up in private or tries to encourage Dan when he’s in a creative rut/ overthinks his content (or is lazy).
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

Speedygonz33 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:25 am That liveshow was great but I’m still salty that we aren’t getting a new Dan video until September or October like why does he set months when he knows he’s probably not going to have time or decide not to? It bothers me
Maybe I heard it wrong but I thought he was just joking. Like he said there will be a new dinof in "August, September, or October." He's not giving it an exact month because when he does people put so much pressure on it and I think he finally get's that now. And then phil following it with saying that dan is still on the gaming channel so at least you can still see him. He's was just saying there will be a dinof whenever he feels like making a dinof
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i feel like dan's next upload will be a step forward in the right direction for him personally, he and phil seem... careful talking about it so i don't want him to rush it or film before he's fully ready.
i found dan to be completely fine in the liveshow today, i know sometimes i come off as dry irl even when i'm doing okay :shrug:
i found them really cute back and forth!

i just remembered a good moment: when phil suggested that him and dan move out of their current apartment and just live in the tour bus instead... yes i'm aware it wasn't serious, but the suggestion of just living in a tiny bus together makes me soft. not even a "im gonna move out and just live on the bus, bye dan". fully just assuming dan would come with him, ugh.
:happytears:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
knq
lava lamp

It drives me crazy not to be able to skip backwards every few minutes to listen to the same bit repeatedly until I feel I have fully absorbed what they've said and am emotionally and physically prepared to be exposed to the end of the sentence. Does anyone else do that with Dan and Phil's videos? They're just so much. They are more than I can process in the time it takes them to speak in the loveliest ways.

I'm so thankful to @Catallena and @sonicgreen for stepping in where Rize fails.

Dan, doing his soft and soothing voice at the end there--I appreciate that so much. It made me feel safer and better. It made me feel good about Dan, too, because I go back and I watch old live shows and he's so young and he can hardly acknowledge his own suffering never mind anyone else's or the impact he can have. He's grown so much and it makes me soft.

Because I am still watching those old liveshows (thank you and excellent work on the masterpost by the way, @lefthandedism! It's so organized now omg.) I want to share a parallel I noticed from the DANHATTAN YouNow in 2013. Back then, Dan told people his Draw my Life would be up but it wasn't yet. Dan talks about when he might be able to get it up by. And Phil. Phil asks the audience to "bare with Dan" and when it's brought up a second time makes the same point as today--that you can still see Dan "This is like a live video though, isn't it? They're seeing you, they're talking" in the liveshow.

Phil being supportive and his own form of protective over Dan's uploading schedule is something that's been there for at least 5 years. And like, this sweet perception that Phil seems to have that seeing Dan and talking to him or hearing him talk is really all anyone could want, why worry about DINOF when Dan's right here? Which isn't how Dan and many fans think about it because art and quality thresholds and so on, but Phil just seems very in love saying like, look everybody it's Dan! Surely all of your needs are satisfied by Dan being Dan? Phil is satisfied. What more could anyone want from Dan other than his existing, right? :love1:

I might be talking nonsense. It's been a difficult week. Old liveshow under the cut but generic warning for pre-2015 boys.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

watsonian wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:37 am Phil being supportive and his own form of protective over Dan's uploading schedule is something that's been there for at least 5 years. And like, this sweet perception that Phil seems to have that seeing Dan and talking to him or hearing him talk is really all anyone could want, why worry about DINOF when Dan's right here? Which isn't how Dan and many fans think about it because art and quality thresholds and so on, but Phil just seems very in love saying like, look everybody it's Dan! Surely all of your needs are satisfied by Dan being Dan? Phil is satisfied. What more could anyone want from Dan other than his existing, right? :love1:
it really speaks of their personality, while dan is more vocal and assertive, phil is more quiet and behind-the-scenes. this reminds me of that fan meet and greet video where they were asked to embrace each other for a picture. phil gave dan a quick look to ask if he was ok with it, and that to me shows how he was very aware of dans comfort levels and limits (they both do for each other!). while i was mildly uncomfortable with the video itself, i do find that it showed us a snippet of themselves that we rarely see. in a way, you could say he was protective of the fact that he didnt want dan to have an uncomfortable experience.

anyways, its so much easier to find clips of dan being "protective" of phil simply because its much more obvious when he does it: dan ranting about the gym trainer, about the youtube challenges phil had made but wasnt credited, dan stepping up to talk to the angry dad during that signing, etc. but for phil, you have to look at it from a different lens. think about all the times there had been some sort of drama, most of the time phil was the one doing damage control (dont quote me on this, i cant find an example at the top of my head and most of the time they employ the "ignore" tactic too so). he is also been really outspoken about "talking it out whenever theres conflict" and i interpreted that as a hint to dan like "hey, lets talk about whats bothering you, im here". in a way, phil wants to protect dan from whatever darkness thats hurting him.
"you are next to me in my life"
autumnhearth
senpai

Oh @watsonian what a lovely observation. I’m going to bed now, but I look forward to watching the ls in the morning. And I’m definitely happy for Dan and Phil just to exist.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Lol I'm so here for Phil's innuendos
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

WEE WOO WEE WOO IT'S HERE!! :stan: :stan: :stan:

Five hours of rendering kinda had me rocking back and forth in the corner at various points during the night, but we did it. Everyone say thanks to my laptop for not dying, and the heat for not allowing me to sleep anyway so that I was able to do this. :thumb:

If you enjoyed this video give it a thumbs up, click subscribe and hit the bell icon to be notified whenever I upload a new video!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Catallena wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 am WEE WOO WEE WOO IT'S HERE!! :stan: :stan: :stan:
Five hours of rendering kinda had me rocking back and forth in the corner at various points during the night, but we did it. Everyone say thanks to my laptop for not dying, and the heat for not allowing me to sleep anyway so that I was able to do this. :thumb:

If you enjoyed this video give it a thumbs up, click subscribe and hit the bell icon to be notified whenever I upload a new video!
the fABulous Catallena, everyone! :stan: <3 :love2:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

sonicgreen wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:45 am
Catallena wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 am WEE WOO WEE WOO IT'S HERE!! :stan: :stan: :stan:

the fABulous Catallena, everyone! :stan: <3 :love2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

That liveshow was godtier content. Phil was so flirty and Dan was all over the place in the best way and they seem tired but from that tiredness that comes from doing something you love. I don't know man I just really am in love with 2018 deppy, they just make me SO soft and I can't wait to see what 2019 brings.

Rize is still a nightmare but it has given us a couple of really great live shows so far so I'll forgive it for its shittiness :stan:
watsonian wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:37 am
Phil being supportive and his own form of protective over Dan's uploading schedule is something that's been there for at least 5 years. And like, this sweet perception that Phil seems to have that seeing Dan and talking to him or hearing him talk is really all anyone could want, why worry about DINOF when Dan's right here? Which isn't how Dan and many fans think about it because art and quality thresholds and so on, but Phil just seems very in love saying like, look everybody it's Dan! Surely all of your needs are satisfied by Dan being Dan? Phil is satisfied. What more could anyone want from Dan other than his existing, right? :love1:
This is such a lovely observation it made my heart flutter. Being protective of each other is one of their main distinct traits but it's so true that you could almost miss Phil's ways if you weren't paying attention to the smaller details. It reminds me a lot how they show their appreciation/affection, Dan is a talker but Phil is more of a doer, it reminds me of Phil ordering food and milkshakes for Dan the night before posting the depression video :happytears:

However I gotta say that it did seem like Phil had somewhat of an idea of the video Dan is going to make, which isn't surprising at all, so I have a feelings it's more than a generic dinof to fill the void and it has somewhat of a point. We'll see, for now I'm not missing main channel videos that much, im really happy with live content and gaming videos
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I had to pause the liveshow when Phil said they went to a rooftop bar. When did they ever not go to one? :lol:

Thanks so much to @sonicgreen and @Catallena! 😘
japanophil
tol bean

huge thanks to @sonicgreen and @Catallena for the ls! it would be so much better if bloody rize allowed more space so the stupid animated stickers didn't cover phil's face all the time, it's so annoying
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

The liveshow was a lovely thing to wake up to (for the second time, anyway. I woke up at 4.15am to find Phil’s midnight tweet). His voice was so lovely and deep and I love his “I wanna hold the phone” and then “you can have it back now” :roll: His loud “bye!” at the end really broke through Dan’s calming bit, was funny. The beginning with the “wildlife sounds” prompt was too. I thought he meant the silence on purpose as if it’s really quiet out there, but nope, just Dan not clocking the cue.

I hope they get some good questions for the Q&A. I’ve only thought of one so far.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

first of all, thank you to @sonicgreen and @Catallena <3 you should have seen my face when i woke at 4am to see that i had missed a liveshow that happened in the middle of the night (for me)! so really, thank you so much, you rockstars!

@watsonian, like everyone else here i loved your post, it was sweet and so very true!

i also totally agree with @ame
ame wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:38 am anyways, its so much easier to find clips of dan being "protective" of phil simply because its much more obvious when he does it: dan ranting about the gym trainer, about the youtube challenges phil had made but wasnt credited, dan stepping up to talk to the angry dad during that signing, etc. but for phil, you have to look at it from a different lens. think about all the times there had been some sort of drama, most of the time phil was the one doing damage control (dont quote me on this, i cant find an example at the top of my head and most of the time they employ the "ignore" tactic too so). he is also been really outspoken about "talking it out whenever theres conflict" and i interpreted that as a hint to dan like "hey, lets talk about whats bothering you, im here". in a way, phil wants to protect dan from whatever darkness thats hurting him.
concerning the damage control part, the only example i have at the top of my head is when phil made the ‘exposing our instagram explore pages’ after the whole ‘living my truth’ debacle.

thought what is this story of dan stepping up to an angry dad during a signing?
:gayaf:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Loved the ls, this is probably my favourite of the recent Rize ones they've done. Thanks so much to everyone who's been recording, editing and uploading!

I need to go back and have a second watch soon, but I must say, this is one of my favourite underrated moments is the latest instance of bitey Phil.
direct link if it doesn't show. Though Tumblr isn't currently loading people's blogs either so...
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I missed bitey Phil when I watched it, cute moment.
autumnhearth
senpai

Bless you @Catallena (and @sonicgreen of course) I had hoped you had gone to bed, please take a nap today if you can. I just finished watching and it was just sooo nice. I remember last year when I always wanted them to do joint liveshows, but then when we got them I was disappointed because they seemed on edge/guard, but these tour ones are so lovely.

There were a few moments I paused and rewatched, like Phil explaining to Dan that he just meant he was starting the countdown on Twitter and that it wouldn’t interrupt their gaming video. Also the silent bit when Dan was telling Phil they weren’t going to take pictures for his profile right then. And the coffee talk when Dan said he didn’t doubt for a second that Phil would still order whatever extra speciality drink was featured at Starbucks.

But yeah so many little moments including the little bite above thanks to a relaxed Phil and chill Dan. It was a bit surreal hearing Phil ask if the June video was ‘something the phandom started’. And that ending. I’m going to go brush my teeth and hyrdrate. (Though it won’t be minty because I have anise and fennel toothpastes, and charcoal too but that’s only twice a week.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm timestamping the video right now but the whole countdown bit at 12:23 to around 12:45ish is is fascinating to me. I feel like it's an example of Dan feeling contradiction a lot more keenly on camera and how he has minor shutdown moments when he's faced with something he gets wrong/misunderstands and it's in front of people he's not super comfortable with.

P: I said countdown. Count. Down. Might start tomorrow.
D: Alright. Sure. Fine.

Not that I think Phil was being overly harsh - nor do I think that kind of response is outside the realm of what's comfortable to them normally. But live in front of thousands of people isn't 'normal.' Dan's reaction actually reminded me of how he faltered visibly when he couldn't get the speech jammer game with Cat and Phil. Phil's reaction is likewise similar; I think he realizes that he hit a nerve with his tone toward Dan and he immediately backtracks in both instances, like he's trying to soften it without calling attention to it.
starwatersong
phabergé

One of Dan’s likes on Twitter:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Not that I think Phil was being overly harsh - nor do I think that kind of response is outside the realm of what's comfortable to them normally. But live in front of thousands of people isn't 'normal.' Dan's reaction actually reminded me of how he faltered visibly when he couldn't get the speech jammer game with Cat and Phil. Phil's reaction is likewise similar; I think he realizes that he hit a nerve with his tone toward Dan and he immediately backtracks in both instances, like he's trying to soften it without calling attention to it.
I just now watched the LS (i crashed the moment i got to bed last night) and wOw this part was really interesting to me??? thank you for putting words to it, i watched it like 4 times. It felt really stern?? but in a soft mumble??
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Ah man I can't wait to get home and watch the liveshow! You all are making me so pumped for it, sounds like a great one with lots of both cute and interesting moments. So thankful to those who recorded and uploaded it, you guys rock.
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 pm I'm timestamping the video right now but the whole countdown bit at 12:23 to around 12:45ish is is fascinating to me. I feel like it's an example of Dan feeling contradiction a lot more keenly on camera and how he has minor shutdown moments when he's faced with something he gets wrong/misunderstands and it's in front of people he's not super comfortable with.

Definitely an interesting moment! I think they both startled each other a bit. Right before the merch question, Phil wants to talk about keeping the bus. He turns from the camera to face Dan, Dan clearly looks at Phil out the corner of his eye, and then Dan shuts his eyes and keeps right on talking about how pretty the bus is.

D: It's such a pretty bus.
P: It is. *turns toward Dan* Could we just take it back to London?
D: The aesthetic was so on point.
P: Hey.
D: It just made me so happy being there.
P: Let's get rid of our apartment and just--
D: Shiariley said Phil merch.
P: Oh!

I have no theories as to why, but Dan doesn't want to address Phil's joke about keeping the bus, and that makes me wonder if maybe they hadn't planned to talk about Phil merch but Dan saw an opportunity to change the subject in the chat and took it. Phil's clearly unprepared to say anything about the merch right then. Que them disagreeing about when the countdown to merch release might start, Dan withdrawing, and Phil deciding it's a good time to give Dan back control of the camera and clarify that by countdown he means a tweet saying "a few days left."

I'm always excited to read your timestamps, Mandy! Now that you've reminded me of the speech jammer video I need to go rewatch that. :loveeyes:

@starwatersong that is the healthiest and gentlest tweet I have ever seen in Dan's likes and I am ;_;