Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Popping back cos I forgot to say the ig stories about leaving the bus are adorable, especially Phil's hop down which turns out not to be a very long way at all. Goodbye, Princess bus of dream and bants. Lauren also has an ig story with her dog running up the aisle, it's really cute.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Some late and perfunctory Rize liveshow timestamps:

:10 - The Saga of Phil's Penis and the Coffee
:25 - Embarrassing Bodies: My Penis was Burnt Off
:39 - They're doing the liveshow in front of a waterfall, and also Dan is bad at wilderness noise cues.
1:15 - Phil is stressed over Dan ripping the wifi password paper off the wall, then Dan sticks it onto Phil. The sky is blue, water is wet, Dan and Phil flirt like schoolyard kids, nothing new here.
1:38 - Babuse
1:47 - Official concert filming in LA; eleven cameras pointed at them.
2:15 - Dan makes Phil slow it down and do some setting establishment; they complain about the heat. Literally. For an entire minute. The heat.
3:44 - They went to a rooftop bar and got some drinks; there were so many posers there but they'll come back to that. The heat convo is too important.
4:00 - Phil has a whole crotch situation happening and he does a really cute laughing thing with his head back against the sofa.
4:25 - Dan talks about a couple of the hotels they've been to being party hotels. Lots of bros/cougers and couples having long instagram photo shoots in the pools.
4:56 - They were downing the tacos. "With some friends." (I'm intensely curious as to whether the security guy goes with them places like that.)
5:25 - I know kids grow up so fast but when did they actually become a middle aged couple? Expressing their horror and outrage at today's youth playing beer pong and interrupting the bar music?
6:22 - Phil thinks the old lady was probably reading Twilight.
6:34 - Back to the tacos. They were transcendent.
6:46 - They're filming the show Thursday; we'll hear more soon. Show will be out sooner rather than later and it will be accessible for lots of people.
8:00 - Phil is becoming a cappacino person. There's no way to timestamp this segment that will adequately express how fucking adorable their coffee conversation is. You just gotta watch this part.
9:10 - Haircuts; they hadn't had them since end of May. Phil had a rat tail.
9:29 - Phil wants to hold the camera; Dan starts to tell us Phil likes being in control then trails that sentence off.
9:58 - Warning not to hold things up after the show when it's being filmed. There's already plans. And stuff.
10:48 - Dan starts to read out "wet and wild" then pretends he missed it and didn't see the rest of it.
10:55 - Gaming video last night, this video has the longest intro out of any DAPG. "We were really on something."
11:30 - They say they're gonna try and do some tour bus gaming, and only have a couple days left on the bus. Dan acts unsure if they're driving to Vancouver or not, but later in the liveshow they confirm that it's their last night sleeping on the bus.
11:41 - "We'll have to say goodbye to Princess."
11:54 - Phil wants to get rid of their apartment and take the bus back to London.
12:00 - Annual Phil merch update. Countdown starts tomorrow.
12:15 - Dan protests it starting tomorrow because they have other things happening.
12:23 - "I said countdown. Count. Down. Might start tomorrow." Sassy Phil living.
12:37 - Slightly sulky Dan. "Alright. Sure. Fine." And Phil attempting to explain again in a way that just seems like he's trying to soften the snark at Dan.
12:54 - Smores in Nashville.
13:29 - Dan falling; Dan can't remember when it happened but Phil does. He didn't break his foot.
14:25 - Emoji eating interlude.
15:07 - They saw Mission Impossible.
15:39 - The June video; Dan explains what it is. Hearing Phil reference 'the ph/fandom' is weird. I'm weirded out.
16:26 - Phil defending Dan going with the flow re: posting videos on his main channel, and telling people that they can see Dan on the gaming channel.
17:05 - Popcorn; Phil ordered it assuming they'd share and Dan wanted his own, with butter.
18:04 - Phil says he likes a mix (of sweet and salty popcorn, in the UK) and Dan shoots him down telling him that he always orders salt. Phil likes it because he can "satiate himself with a big... gulp."
18:22 - Phil starts to tell a story and Dan interrupts him to respond to something in the chat.
18:35 - Phil: "Can I say what I wanted to say?"
18:43 - People sat in their seats in the cinema.
19:19 - Pea crisps.
19:51 - Peas in the trap.
20:00 - To save Phil from himself they are being given healthy snacks.
20:40 - Thomas Sanders mention
20:47 - They talk about the show that they're filming; Phil won't say it and lets Dan announce the post-show q&a.
22:09 - Dan's twitter profile pic convo.
22:42 - Bitey Phil.
22:47 - Dan pretentiously explains what a twitter profile picture is for him.
24:05 - BTS mention.
25:02 - Melbourne show is currently the biggest.
25:28 - Final tour bus sleep.
25:39 - Phil's lost his favorite hair product, starts talking about his hair then says "That's boring." and stops.
25:54 - Rize giveaway.
26:41 - They clearly got a memo from Rize saying to promo the app features more.
25:51 - Dan interrupts Phil and gets Eyebrow Raise of Doom; promptly shuts up and lets Phil talk.
27:42 - Dan starts his calming end of show voice.
alien
procrastinator

Afunnyworld wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:30 pm Apparently the fire alarm went off at one of the shows. Their reaction was interesting
This happened at the Phoenix show and I was in the 5th row thinking about how much power they have over the audience because it really felt like everyone was holding their breath waiting for dan and Phil to say something about what was going on. I will say that after meeting them that day one thing that surprised me about them is how cool and calm they actually are.
Also the money that dan shoots into the audience during Phil’s diss track didn’t work at the Phoenix show so I’m glad they figured it out lol. I think just a single dollar came out and it was kinda sad lol
Last edited by lefthandedism on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tag
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Evening42 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:58 pm An interesting piece of trivia: In the Rize show last week Dan and Phil mentioned talking about conspiracy theories and the Dyatlov Pass mystery which gave Phil nightmares. About 3 weeks ago the podcast channel “Stuff you should know” posted an episode on the Dyatlov Pass mystery which makes me wonder whether Dan listens to those podcasts. The “Stuff you should know” podcasts, and especially this one, are really interesting (although a warning that this one is particularly gruesome).
Bringing this post back from the first page because I meant to reply to it yesterday and got distracted. Dan being the one telling horror stories and Phil not loving it so much surprised me, because we know that Phil is the one who is really into the whole horror genre. I wonder if for Phil it's just a delineation between loving fictional horror scenarios and feeling too freaked out by real life ones? Like he wants to be scared in a manufactured setting, but he doesn't want to be afraid of things actually happening to him/people in his life.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:45 pm
Afunnyworld wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:30 pm Apparently the fire alarm went off at one of the shows. Their reaction was interesting
Interesting indeed! Phil makes sure right away that his ear monitors are in in case he'd be given an instruction via that.

Though I am very sure that they have been trained for this. As the performers, they have the strongest influence on the audience and can help to avoid a stampede if anything were to happen or if they had to evacuate.
I was here and this was interesting, the fire alarms/lights were going on for a good 30 seconds before they even addressed it- (i really wasn’t sure if it was part of the set for a good second?? )then they played it cool. According to the merch crew’s IG stories, the alarm continued to go on and off after everyone had left the venue and they were tearing down the set.
felucca
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:07 pm
Evening42 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:58 pm An interesting piece of trivia: In the Rize show last week Dan and Phil mentioned talking about conspiracy theories and the Dyatlov Pass mystery which gave Phil nightmares. About 3 weeks ago the podcast channel “Stuff you should know” posted an episode on the Dyatlov Pass mystery which makes me wonder whether Dan listens to those podcasts. The “Stuff you should know” podcasts, and especially this one, are really interesting (although a warning that this one is particularly gruesome).
Bringing this post back from the first page because I meant to reply to it yesterday and got distracted. Dan being the one telling horror stories and Phil not loving it so much surprised me, because we know that Phil is the one who is really into the whole horror genre. I wonder if for Phil it's just a delineation between loving fictional horror scenarios and feeling too freaked out by real life ones? Like he wants to be scared in a manufactured setting, but he doesn't want to be afraid of things actually happening to him/people in his life.
That's an interesting observation. I think Phil actually believes a bit in the supernatural? I remember this Halloween liveshow from 2012 that has both Dan and Phil telling the viewer scary stories. But while Dan re-tells creepy pasta, Phil opts for a real life story that he claims happened at his family's summer house, saying it "converted" his family och convinced him ghosts could be real.

31:37

Summary for those who don't wanna watch:
Phil's parents got a summer house in Isle of Man, but staying in that house always made Phil feel uneasy. His dad kept having this dream about an old woman with long white hair standing at the edge of his bed. One night when he woke up, the woman was actually standing there, staring at him. But when he woke his wife up the woman disappeared. This happened 3 more times to Phil's dad, and everyone thought he was going mental. Then Phil's aunt borrowed the place. They never told her about the old lady. When asked afterwards if she'd experienced anything strange while staying there, she said she woke up one night and thought there was *dum dum dish* an old woman with long white hair standing by the edge of her bed. They ended up having an actual exorcism done where a priest blessed the house - and never had any problems again.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
Evening42
dank meme

felucca wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:32 pm
That's an interesting observation. I think Phil actually believes a bit in the supernatural? I remember this Halloween liveshow from 2012 that has both Dan and Phil telling the viewer scary stories. But while Dan re-tells creepy pasta, Phil opts for a real life story that he claims happened at his family's summer house, saying it "converted" his family och convinced him ghosts could be real.

Phil's parents got a summer house in Isle of Man, but staying in that house always made Phil feel uneasy. His dad kept having this dream about an old woman with long white hair standing at the edge of his bed. One night when he woke up, the woman was actually standing there, staring at him. But when he woke his wife up the woman disappeared. This happened 3 more times to Phil's dad, and everyone thought he was going mental. Then Phil's aunt borrowed the place. They never told her about the old lady. When asked afterwards if she'd experienced anything strange while staying there, she said she woke up one night and thought there was *dum dum dish* an old woman with long white hair standing by the edge of her bed. They ended up having an actual exorcism done where a priest blessed the house - and never had any problems again.
I think that’s possibly true that Phil is more scared of real life horror. Certainly his dream of running through the snow escaping from something terrible and friends falling and him having to save them is nearly exactly what happened in the Dyatlov Pass story, and it’s interesting that that is what scared him about the story rather than all the other gruesome and weird things about the story. Having to save and rescue friends from horror is maybe the most scary thing?
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Evening42 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:48 pm

I think that’s possibly true that Phil is more scared of real life horror. Certainly his dream of running through the snow escaping from something terrible and friends falling and him having to save them is nearly exactly what happened in the Dyatlov Pass story, and it’s interesting that that is what scared him about the story rather than all the other gruesome and weird things about the story. Having to save and rescue friends from horror is maybe the most scary thing?
I'd say that that's almost definitely the case -- right now I'm remembering a nightmare he spoke about in a liveshow sometime last year, in which he and his family were trapped/got kidnapped inside a taxi cab because of him (iirc they didn't want to take a cab but he convinced them to, or something like that) and he was trying his best to get them out of the cab but couldn't. I can't remember which specific liveshow this was, but if I find it I'll drop it in here! It definitely solidifies to me that he finds being responsible for others getting hurt or suffering extremely scary, as that seems to be one thing that pops up a lot in his dreams(/nightmares)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 pm
Evening42 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:48 pm

I'd say that that's almost definitely the case -- right now I'm remembering a nightmare he spoke about in a liveshow sometime last year, in which he and his family were trapped/got kidnapped inside a taxi cab because of him (iirc they didn't want to take a cab but he convinced them to, or something like that) and he was trying his best to get them out of the cab but couldn't. I can't remember which specific liveshow this was, but if I find it I'll drop it in here! It definitely solidifies to me that he finds being responsible for others getting hurt or suffering extremely scary, as that seems to be one thing that pops up a lot in his dreams(/nightmares)
Oh man, you're totally right. That immediately makes me think of his roller coaster dream video from 2008 where he talks about how he woke up crying because he accidentally killed everyone on it by not pushing the right buttons to lower their harnesses.

hello9217
flower crown

snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 pm
36:26 of this liveshow
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lmao apparently they're late for the meet and greet?
knq
lava lamp

I'm not over loving that Rize show. I hope to never be over loving that Rize show.
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 pm 1:15 - Phil is stressed over Dan ripping the wifi password paper off the wall, then Dan sticks it onto Phil. The sky is blue, water is wet, Dan and Phil flirt like schoolyard kids, nothing new here.
The time honored traditions of Dip and Pip. <3 These are still 100% the humans who drew cat whiskers on each others faces in their first ever video together. And whose early liveshows are all Phil putting stickers and stars on his face and Dan showing up in last 15 minutes to get stickered up too. At which point Phil has no problem taking a sticker off his own face and sticking it to Dan's, 'cause Phil shares like that.

How are they 90 years old and also 6 at the same time?
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 pm 2:15 - Dan makes Phil slow it down and do some setting establishment; they complain about the heat. Literally. For an entire minute. The heat.
3:44 - They went to a rooftop bar and got some drinks; there were so many posers there but they'll come back to that. The heat convo is too important.
10:55 - Gaming video last night, this video has the longest intro out of any DAPG. "We were really on something."
Dan and Phil are a special kind of wonderful when exposed to the heat. This Rize show, the gaming video they just did, and even the Geogussr vid on the hottest day last year in London. Dan seems aware of it too, going by the 'on something' comment and his commentary on both those videos:
GeoGuessr: I don't know why I was so extra in this video it must have been the heat I apologise - Dan
Overcooked 2: honestly is it even a gaming channel if over half the video is us laughing about completely unrelated topics and arguing i’m not sure but here is a new upload on danandphilgames where we shout at each other a lot i hope you like it i thought it was funny
I would hope for more heat-induced bants if I weren't genuinely afraid one or both of them would end up with heat stroke at some point.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I really hope their show goes smoother than this M&G lol. I wonder Phil got lost looking for sweets again
hello9217
flower crown

Apparently they had soundcheck before the m&g instead of after it and then they just went missing lmao. I have full faith in Marianne finding them.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

According to Twitter, they've arrived.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

i might be in the minority here, but as a person who's trying to avoid iispoilers and doesn't get a chance to watch liveshows, i'm starting to feel a bit bored. it's been three months since we had a proper dinof video and five months since we had a solo one and i really, really miss dinof. dan, come back?? please?? i know i'll be seeing your show on sunday week but i'm really feeling the content drought. overcooked 2 was pretty amazing but i wish dan would resurrect the channel that made him famous, you know?

:please:

okay i'll go back to lurking until sunday week kthxbye
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Susannah wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:36 am i might be in the minority here, but as a person who's trying to avoid iispoilers and doesn't get a chance to watch liveshows, i'm starting to feel a bit bored. it's been three months since we had a proper dinof video and five months since we had a solo one and i really, really miss dinof. dan, come back?? please?? i know i'll be seeing your show on sunday week but i'm really feeling the content drought. overcooked 2 was pretty amazing but i wish dan would resurrect the channel that made him famous, you know?

:please:

okay i'll go back to lurking until sunday week kthxbye
Ooh wow, props for trying to avoid spoilers. I can definitely see how that's frustrating! I don't really think it's a content drought if you're voluntarily abstaining from the content they're putting out most regularly, though. They've done really well with weekly liveshows and with at least one gaming video a week, plus the ig stories daily.

But it's definitely valid to want a Dan video if you like Dan's channel best. Maybe it is accurate just to say there's a dinof drought, lol. Wouldn't hold your breath on the drought ending, though - Dan did address the lack of dinof in the last liveshow. He said he doesn't plan on making a video until September at the earliest but maybe October. Or November. And then they both agreed that it's not like Dan is missing, since he's still on the gaming channel. I think in Dan's eyes/both of their eyes regularly outputting some kind of content whilst also on tour should be enough. They don't seem overly concerned with making sure every channel is active, just that they are active regularly on at least one channel between them: the gaming channel.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Show spoiler for tonight!
Why yes I am clinging to every breadcrumb tweet.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 am
i hate them. i knew they would be Extra Demon for the filming.
:garbage:
Last edited by alittledizzy on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tags
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

And another:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 am Show spoiler for tonight!
i fucking hate these two dorks
honestly the only emoji that can describe us right now > :garbage:
"you are next to me in my life"
hello9217
flower crown

Now that filming is over, the real question is: will phantasitic phacts stay a part of the show?
Also heard the LA show was almost 4 hours long-I'm sure that was an experience.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ugh I'm soft for them :')
liola
rankussy

Why am I emo over two giants crammed together on a bed with two much food what the fuck and how are they able to stay glued to each other all the fucking time I'm truly amazed imma cry
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor