Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

What did I even watch? Wow.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

okay, all the raving about the video on here has convinced me to use my data and watch on my phone over lunch. If I go over on data this month, I blame all of you :p
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

A beautiful and hilarious mess, actual top notch content. I really wish they would've been able to do more videos on tour in hotel rooms rather than pre-filmed ones because their energy in these has been amazing. Together with Overcooked, this video is easily on of their best this year.

Let's do commentary so that I have an excuse to watch it a third time! I haven't done one of these in so long.
- You know it's gonna be good when they start of on a minute long tangent about robots and privacy.
- Also Dan with the Live Your Truth thing again, why do I have a feeling that will end up on merch someday?
- Phil looks for his phone. Dan has Big Brat Energy. :roll:
- Dan searched Ligma and I swear I can hear 13 year old boys snickering everywhere.
- If Phil is willing to not make you pay for his merch you take that shit Daniel.
- As a person who rarely ever remembers her dreams, I'm always very intrigued about Phil's weirdly specific dreams.
- Bickering and playing rock paper scissors over who has to collect their pizza delivery. I love these idiots so much. :love2:
- I don't even like Mukbangs but D&P doing one is something I really wanna see now.
- "Men can be milked." DAN'S FACE LMAO. He's not wrong tho. 8-)
- I agree with Dan, that song is shite.
- Dan wiggling his eyebrows like the disturbs me greatly.
- "This is the least relatable experience of my life." Me about Dan's videos.
- I love Phil's "oh it's all about pop culture" because it so him. Phil's pop culture exposure seems to be mostly through Dan (see also their conversation about the Ariana album in the liveshow).
- Dan asking Phil who the ice cream heretic is. Gossipy brat. :lol:
- Phil is gradually getting more irritated about flopping as this video goes on.
- Phil shushing Dan's loud ass mouth. :love1: :love1: :love1:
- Dan's irritation with Phil clicking away the answers results in violence to prevent him from doing it again. Touchy boys tho.
- Dan acting like he didn't Google that first answer a million times in 2009 oOoOhhhhh I went there.
- Phil has a minor breakdown about a game. Doesn't have to scream about it. Dan should take notes.
- A L L O R N O T H I N G. Dan is not here for it. :(
- Anyone gonna slowmo gif of Phil biting his lip while Dan is talking and take it out context?

I enjoy the Google Feud videos because the bants are always out of this world, so I do actually hope that this isn't the end. Phil can find a different way to punish himself.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
greenergrass
stress mushroom

omfg that was hilarious. I can't wait to watch again at home on my laptop and when I have time to rewind and rewatch parts, but oh god that was so fucking good
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Wow, okay remind me to never watch any of their videos while distracted on the first watch. I missed so much! And I totally thought I was going to hold off on rewatching the video until I got home from work, but everyone's comments and all the gifs on tumblr made me succumb to the rewatch (thank god I was alone at work for a bit so I actually could watch it lmao). Anyway, I did some lazy timestamp-y things of my favourite bits that I missed the first time around because this video was actually loaded with so. much. good. shit.
0:41-lmao Phil immediately going to being naked. Glad that he's still making sure we know.
2:55-Phil going straight to nipple piercings. I can't believe I missed a nipple mention on my first watch, but it's always great be to reminded of his nipple kink
4:25-Phil talking about his many game show ideas. Sign me the fuck up. Very relevant to the discussion from a few days ago too.
4:49-Pizza intermission. Probably my favourite part of the video. There's way too much to talk about in the minute or so that this goes on for, but it's all great.
5:58-"Men can be milked" Thanks for that Phil.
9:32-Phil leaning into Dan's lap?? More on that later.
9:43-"We gotta poke ourself in our own eye" We get it. You're the same person. You're each other's literal other half's. W e g e t i t (still makes me feel like this tho :happytears:)
11:04-"Why do they call it spoons" This bit made me laugh so hard. I mean, the whole video made me laugh really hard, which I definitely didn't realise when I was at home and probably laughing distractedly instead of at work and trying to suppress it so the people in the law firm across the hall don't think I'm insane. Anyway this bit was fucking sweet.
11:41-"I'm going to kill you to death" My exact feelings about being a fan of them right now. They're going to kill me to death.
12:09-Phil raising his fist. It's just cute, and I love how right before they cut it you can see him move to bop Dan's jaw.
12:15-Dan "restraining" Phil. I mean, this was just cute, and another great Giant Toddler Dan moment.
14:52-Phil trying to bring it back with an all or nothing was really amusing to me.
15:20-Phil starts to say "I'll lick..." before looking around and trailing off as Dan rambles. I don't know where he was going with that, but I'm glad it's there all the same.
15:26-Phil...leaning into Dan again?? But this time a lot further down?? What the fuck?? I'm here for it though.
Some things that are recurring in the video:
-Dan being a toddler. Idk what mood either of them were in, but because Dan is so fucking loud and dramatic we got a lot of toddler action, like with that weird valley girl accent.
-Their expressions through the whole video were fucking amazing. Especially Phil. I love watching their faces when the other one is talking. I did this at my ii show too, and I can only conclude that by doing it for like 4 years now and once irl that it's just fascinating to watch. And Phil's expression/lip bite at the end? What the fuuuck??
-Dan just...keysmashing with his mouth?? I love it. There's no other way to describe it too. Somehow he's managed to speak keysmashing.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:03 pm -Dan just...keysmashing with his mouth?? I love it. There's no other way to describe it too. Somehow he's managed to speak keysmashing. [/Spoiler]
I've been calling it his alien-garbling voice but i think this is a better description
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Fuck that video was amazing. I laughed so much. So many funny and flirty moments. I'll definitely re-watch tomorrow.

If I actually believed they'd film a video high, then I'd say they were high. But I guess I don't believe they'd do that, so I'll opt for Ludicrously Tired and/or sugar high.

I liked the liveshow too, especially the segment about the island. The "Bear Lake" bickering was funny and "Horrible boy" is definitely entering my...lexicon.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
fieldoflovers
living flop

Everyone has said some great things but I'd like to humbly add Phil's lipbite towards Dan at the end,, wow, he was in a mood, all that nipple talk must've done something for him ;) sorry i'm for this post
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ohh, yes, retrieving a pizza from the lobby makes much more sense (room service doesn't usually do whole pizzas or call the room, duh, me).

Dan's valley girl accent is a leftover from his Jessica and Becky days. Classic. He could totally bring them back.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

opendoor wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:23 pm If I actually believed they'd film a video high, then I'd say they were high. But I guess I don't believe they'd do that, so I'll opt for Ludicrously Tired and/or sugar high.
i did think dan's eyes looked a bit red :tinfoil: :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

KatjaZoe wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 pm
opendoor wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:23 pm If I actually believed they'd film a video high, then I'd say they were high. But I guess I don't believe they'd do that, so I'll opt for Ludicrously Tired and/or sugar high.
i did think dan's eyes looked a bit red :tinfoil: :lol:
And they were in Vancouver after all... (lmao sorry I couldn't help but jump on)
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

just watched the video during my break and dear lord it was really.......something. there were moments where my mind went to places but most of the time im just grinning from ear to ear. its ok guys, im used to being a third wheel by now...
"you are next to me in my life"
susan2
rainbow nerd

oh my gosh - the forum's moved so fast - i'm loving reading through everyones posts :D

that video was awesome, top quality, so many great moments. i liked how relaxed it felt. perhaps being out of their usual space has helped make the videos less structured, in a good way. and google feud always brings up some random interesting topics.

[2:16] did phil really just show his phone screen complete with recent searches....dayum that's a confident man
[2:54] is there a compilation throughout the years of how many times phil talks about nipples...cos jeezus
[3:32] lol, gonna need an update on whether auntie sandra really got that bit of her hand pierced or if phil dreamt it
[4:26] ooh another game show mention....hope someone's keeping note of these ;) (and yaaas phil!)
[4:48] a glimpse of phil's phone voice, that little "hi" was so cute aww
[5:18] phil's wearing his merch socks. [random merch side note, i kinda hope one of dan's later merch releases has a collaboration with young minds. i just love that he's working with them and passionate about that and look forward to seeing the ways in which he develops that relationship going forward].
[5:58] "men can be milked" - i was thinking it...you were thinking it...phil was thinking it. there are still moments like that where i'm kinda taken aback that he chose to keep that in, but i'm so glad we're there.
[6;53] "i wish i were a millionaire" capita£ester strikes again :money:
...im just randomly imaging here how cool it would have been if phil had made the money thrown out during his diss track spendable on amazingphilshop.com

[9:11] "a tampon, see i said" ...did he? they must've edited out phil talking about swimming with tampons...content i didn't know i needed
[9:41] dan daring to bring up peru, whilst they continue to ignore mentions of brazil and mexico....a brave man
[10:00] "the eu" lol at phil cracking out the political bants
[10:26] aww don't worry phil, it's not just you, i hate cheese too
[10:47] "who is this person" wow dan calm your beans
[11:09] i'd just like to give a shout out to phil here for keeping up with his hair dying routine all tour - that must be seriously tedious and exhausting

i didn't know mukbang's were so popular until reading the comments here - i hope y'all get one! i can't get into them personally - watching people chew really icks me out. “I mean, if you stop to think about chewing—like, what it really is. How people just do it. Like, in public.” (<- any mscl fans?!)
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

yall this video was really something omg. i loved it so much.
:transheart:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Dan hated I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker, so obviously he's cancelled now, bye. I loved the video, I'll need to watch it again to process all of that.
koalaselfie
living flop

"Why do they call it spoons" Dan's response to this made me LOL so much :lol: Bless Phil :love2:
My fave parts:
- All of the random zooms and edits, mostly on Dan's face - hilarious! :rofl: "shiingleees"
- Dan's sarcasm throughout and bratty attitude - top notch :tu:
- Phil leaning into Dan's lap twice
- Phil nearly bopping Dan on the nose/chin
- The eye-effing in the "I'm going to kill you to death" part (11:39-11.42 :ribena: )

They must have been on a sugar high or something; what an incredible video :)
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

The moments that stood out most to me:
  • [2:38] Dan's weird merch noises
  • Somehow, I was surprised when Dan referenced a Prince Albert piercing [2:55]? But not when he referenced a "Lady Door" piercing [3:12].
  • [6:25] Lol, nice save there, Philly.
    D: Well, you can go up to that bull and try to milk it, but you ain't gonna get what you want there.
    P: It's gonna kick you in the face. *looks from camera to Dan*
  • [7:49] What does this even mean?
    D: Just cop out when you get to the neck. Same.
  • [9:46] Ooooh, deep.
    D: How to get out of safe mode.
    P: What?
    D: In life.
  • [11:25] I love how Dan paused, then continued to make quieter noises after Phil shushed him. It was really cute!
  • [12:20] Dan's Valleyspeak
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
knq
lava lamp

I was sipping from a glass of orange juice when Phil hung up the phone and said “She says you’re an idiot.” I snorted orange juice up my nose. Phil wasn’t projecting his voice so I wasn’t expecting that at all. Somehow that just makes it funnier. “No I can’t. I don’t have legs” is a strong second funniest line for me in a video that probably made me laugh more than anything else this year. I’m trying to figure out why and it’s definitely something about Phil’s tone/not changing his tone at all that I find hilarious. I think because he’s talking to Dan instead of the camera during that minute. I love that they left that in. I don’t even mind that I got orange juice up my nose. Much.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ohmygod i love all the timestamps you guys, and yeah i think im not alone when i say "my mind really went to places" during the entire video. they are just so......relaxed and unapologetically flirty? im so happy they kept the entire pizza bit because its those moments that we used to never see the light of day...but now they just left it there and its really adorable to see two grown men fighting over who gets the door and who stays.

also the innuendos. is it even fair to call them innuendos when its not even an allusive remark, rather theyre being very direct at most times? i was surprised to hear dan mention prince albert piercing because...wowee, also the milking part...can i just say that my mind totally weNT THERE? also all the times phil leaned in towards dan's lap...im 100% convinced this is a common habit ever since the ancient phan days but now it seems more frequent simply because they chose to show us and not hide it. i love it :garbage:
"you are next to me in my life"
autumnhearth
senpai

Umm so, I wasn’t so sure about this at first, I thought Phil must have smacked Dan’s arm. It sounded like skin on skin, but after watching it on a loop...
The louder smack comes first, then a soft pat just as Dan’s shirt moves... Thoughts???

Oh why is it an image and not a video on here?

http://martisun.tumblr.com/post/1772864 ... ts-a-smack
sonicgreen
woodland creature

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:49 pm Umm so, I wasn’t so sure about this at first, I thought Phil must have smacked Dan’s arm. It sounded like skin on skin, but after watching it on a loop...

The louder smack comes first, then a soft pat just as Dan’s shirt moves... Thoughts??
I noticed Phil must have tapped Dan’s shoulder because his sleeve moved a little, but I don’t think any audible noise(s) came from that. I think the first noise was Dan removing his weight from the chair, and I don’t hear a second one? In Martisun’s clip I think the second sound is the beginning of Dan’s next word— just cut off.
It’s at 5:21 for full context.
yeetussy
glabella

After watching it again and again I think it might be Dan’s hand unsticking from the chair. Ik if you have your hands on those seats for a while it’ll do that.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i literally slapped my own ass 5 times to compare the sounds to that video, rip my dignity.
but it sounds like a clicking after he took his hand off the chair.
but they definitely do slap each other's asses on a daily basis.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Guess who’s back, back again, Emma’s back, tell a friend! I’ve returned after a few months of being so depressed I couldn’t face anything but I think I’m feeling better and wow what a first post to come across:
ratlad wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 am i literally slapped my own ass 5 times to compare the sounds to that video, rip my dignity.
I missed you guys.

What a fantastically fun and hilarious video. I really hope it’s not the last one they do of this series! Phil saying he can’t go to get the food because he has no legs and his face during it is my favourite section by far. They are just so funny together and I bet they do this kinda shit about every decision. I miss D&P, they really made me laugh last night and I’ve rewatched the video about 3 times now and each time it’s made me smile.

I cannot believe the tour has less than a month until it’s over. The time has gone SO quickly. I wish I could afford to go and see it once more! Any millionaires around who want to pay for me to go to Singapore? 😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

ratlad wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 am i literally slapped my own ass 5 times to compare the sounds to that video, rip my dignity.
but it sounds like a clicking after he took his hand off the chair.
but they definitely do slap each other's asses on a daily basis.
you're the best, i admire your dedication to the subject :rofl:
also, i agree, i think it's just the sound of dan's hand this time but they DO slap each other's asses on a daily basis like @ratlad said yeah
:gayaf: