Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:35 pm @watsonian (or anyone else who knows, for that matter) where did dan say that phil is the one choosing the thumbnail of the vids while dan is the one choosing the name? when i saw your post it seemed vaguely familiar but i don't remember from where
They may have talked about this in other videos or liveshows, I'm not sure, but the quote I'm thinking of is from the Sims series in 2015.
1:18 P: We could just do an episode called 'Dil moves onto the boat.'
D: Catchy name, Phil.
P: Decorating a boat?
D: This is why I name the videos and Phil does the thumbnails.
Ataraxia25 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:35 pm
liola wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:30 pm @watsonian as someone who watched the entire show after the clip, I always thought Dan got flustered because of the slight pause between lion and babe that Phil seems to do, and how he turns to look at Dan in that moment which makes it seem like it's directly addressing him. There's no denying Dan got really flustered and there's been another instance even recently (the fundal height moment in Louise's pregnancy video) that leads me to believe "babe" is a definite pet name between them. So I guess I'm still a believer of "that's a cute shippy moment"
i agree on that! i already thought they used 'babe' as a pet name (because of louise's video) but after watching that clip i'm even more convinced! and i also see it as a cute phan moment! does anyone know if this kind of thing - one of them being flustered because they thought it was meant for them - happened with other nicknames?
I will have to go back and watch their pregnancy video with Louise! I think you all might be right about the pause, kind of like the Sims video that just came out, and Phil thinking Dan means to say 'Dil' because he didn't pause for long enough.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

oh thanks @watsonian, just watched the clip, i had totally forgotten that bit haha
:gayaf:
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

Lion babe won't even be ripped from my cold dead hands because that's a flustered mess if I've ever seen one, and Phil is a cheeky poker faced bastard who loved using the radio to tease us, and Dan.
Forever missed rip (lion)baby come back

While we're demoning, have you taken a moment today to smile until your face hurt? Or cry over two English millionaires and their world tour adventures?
If not, I have just the thing for you. Cheesy, but effective ;) :ribena:

eta: oh no superdemon activated :happytears:
Also, why do I only seem to post irrelevant observations or yt videos smh :|
Last edited by phanfckingtastic on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

watsonian wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:49 pm
(This comment has no central theme at all.)

smh phil
Does anyone else get scared for past!Phil and past!Dan? Like, whenever I see something old and they're putting on their fireplace I'm like ASDFJKLSAFDJSA NO YOU HAVE 3 GAS LEAKS
Past!Phil's just out there leaning out windows to take pretty pictures and I'm

Spoiler for PJ's theater/live show?

I didn't know PJ was doing a theater/live show about space but it looks kind of amazing and apparently Chris is going to be in it. From what very, very little I know about Chris(I have the impression he doesn't enjoy phandom or fans so I don't follow him) he seems like a lonely person and I like thinking the "Fantastic Foursome" whatever that was are still supporting each other.
Hopefully Dan and Phil will get to go to the show when they finish their own!

dan's mouth
Someone posted a bunch of YouTube gaming channel thumbnails of Dan making the same face and I'd just like to remind everyone that, according to Dan, Phil makes the thumbnails and Dan names the videos. So Phil just sees Dan's mouth make that particular shape and thinks "yep that's what the people want right there." No shade it's a great face it can do what it wants.

lionbabe
Finally, If you've literally ever watched a compilation of cute Phan moments you've probably seen this clip from the radio:
Which is commonly interpreted (including by me) as Dan thinking Phil was calling him babe on the radio when it's actually the name of a band followed by Dan being an awkward blushing mess. So I was surprised when I watched the full radio show and Dan and Phil discuss the name of the band, LIONBABE, immediately before they play it.
http://youtu.be/3bnh2fO3IWM?t=8m15s
With that context it seems less likely that Dan was confused by the name of the band as Phil had just said it in his Deep Voice 3 minutes before. Although then you have to explain what Dan's awkward and blushing about. I wondered what others thought: if you saw the clip before you saw the full show or the other way around, if you think Phil has called or calls Dan babe, or any other thoughts people have on this really!

I'm not trying to poke any anti-phans with a stick, so I hope I haven't worded that poorly. :love1: I check the 'long term, committed relationship' box of the Phandom Survey and little moments that show up in cute phan compilations have nothing to do with that, but I'm always a bit put out when context makes something cute and coupley seem less cute and coupley.
Did people not know the context about it? That radio show is not even three years old, I think most of the people who first speculated that Dan was reacting to 'babe' did so after having actually seen the full thing. I think most of us took it as Dan being flustered and cute re: Phil saying babe because of some kind of nickname related teasing that happened, either during the song break (wherein you can't hear Dan and Phil) or based on something previous.

(Really glad you posted the full clip though! It's definitely good for people who hadn't seen it to see the full convo.)
ratlad
angel bean

but what i find interesting in the "lion babe" clip is that after dan blushes, phil mouths "babe" in the mic.
i think dan was caught off guard slightly and for a split second heard phil say it like: "that was lion, babe." cause then dan turns to phil wide-eyed and pauses silent for a moment and then starts blushing and laughing nervously.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sonicgreen
woodland creature

ratlad wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:20 pm but what i find interesting in the "lion babe" clip is that after dan blushes, phil mouths "babe" in the mic.
Nah, I think Phil started to form the word, "maybe" then let Dan finish speaking to say his sentence "maybe one of them[...]".
citizen_erased
truth bomb

phanfckingtastic wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:39 pm While we're demoning, have you taken a moment today to smile until your face hurt? Or cry over two English millionaires and their world tour adventures?
If not, I have just the thing for you. Cheesy, but effective ;) :ribena:

eta: oh no superdemon activated :happytears:
Also, why do I only seem to post irrelevant observations or yt videos smh :|
aw thanks I was already having an Emo Lonely Moment in the middle of the night, this was just what I needed to make it even worse :happytears:

For real though, my own perpetual loneliness/sadness aside, I'm just glad that these 2 have whatever it is they have and that they share it with the world. Whether it's friendship or romance or whatever, it's a special and rare kind of relationship most of us never get in our lifetimes and since I've given up all hope for myself, I'm happy I get to live it vicariously through them.
Vsoftdnp
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Hi someone please help me
I'm planning to make a playlist consisting of my piano covers on songs dnp like to give to them at ii (I'm going to the hk show and it's on 18/9)but there's a slight problem
I know DnP like Panic's Fever, so I searched for piano sheet music and shocker, only less than half of the songs have piano sheet music. The rest have guitar tabs, but I do not have the ability to learn guitar in three weeks :/
I also do not play by ear or have perfect pitch so even though I've been playing piano for nine years, I have never been trained to transpose music to score.
So I'm turning to idb to ask for help. If you know of any Fever piano scores besides Camisado, Sins, Intermission, Time to Dance, But It's Better, please please please send it to me
If you know about any music that dnp have said they liked over the years, please send it to me too. My tumblr is @vsoftdnp
Thank you in advance uwu I really hope that I can accomplish this, even if it's rushed.
I'm getting tired of this war of hearts
This competition that has no end
Do me a favour and cut the ties with that side-eyed glare of yours
That cuts through minds and wills
karma_yeah
philussy

citizen_erased wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 am

I'm just glad that these 2 have whatever it is they have and that they share it with the world. Whether it's friendship or romance or whatever, it's a special and rare kind of relationship most of us never get in our lifetimes and since I've given up all hope for myself, I'm happy I get to live it vicariously through them.
I couldn't agree more! Well said. I love :deppy: , they are a special pair.

Loved the compilations. Officially full of the feels now . . . :happytears: :garbage:
What goes around, comes around Image
starwatersong
phabergé

While we're sharing cute videos and waiting for content, I hadn't seen this short one before today and thought it was adorable. Hopefully they learned more words after their tour! :ribena:

Phantasy
woodland creature

starwatersong wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:04 am While we're sharing cute videos and waiting for content, I hadn't seen this short one before today and thought it was adorable. Hopefully they learned more words after their tour! :ribena:

Ahh...such good content out of that skate party! Absolute fav is Dan helping Phil out of his skates from Anthony’s story...
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

"did someone say cute dnp recs?"

me, going through my favourites on youtube to find some cute vids to link here:

ANYWAYS! videos under the cut cz its quite long

the entirety of this is the quality married content that i didnt know i needed

still love the look on dans face and his short gasp when phil asked the question, also molly answering it while looking at dan? i mean, phil was the one who asked but why look at dan instead? gee idk :shrug:

i love sugar baby dan

everything.

i know the video in its entirety is wonderful, i still love the "two furries tied to a bed" part solely for the fact of dan blushing from embarrassment and phils face hurting from his own laughter (3:05)
ok ill go now before i go full demon
"you are next to me in my life"
Ataraxia25
flower crown

what a nice thing to wake up to! all these videos i hadn't watched in a long time! my faves are always the bloopers and the 'spoiled child' video
@ame the first video is so disturbing when it's edited like that :lol: like yeah IS HE OKAY? haha
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

ratlad wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 am whos sitting across from dan in the pic he posted to twitter?
is it duncan? he dyed his hair light blonde recently :hmmm:
It’s the guy from their management who has been on tour with them. Whenever D&P go anywhere he/Marianne/security seem to be lurking somewhere.

This is the guy I’m talking about, you can see him in the background:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
ratlad
angel bean

missemma wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:53 am
ratlad wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 am whos sitting across from dan in the pic he posted to twitter?
is it duncan? he dyed his hair light blonde recently :hmmm:
It’s the guy from their management who has been on tour with them. Whenever D&P go anywhere he/Marianne/security seem to be lurking somewhere.

This is the guy I’m talking about, you can see him in the background:
ohh okok, thank you!!!!
i miss dnp + duncan and mimei tho ;(
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Domestic :kissyrat:

Is that red thing in Phil's pile Dan's hoodie with the white stripe?
Mainly, why is Dan's pile so small? Do they just throw away the merch they wear? Do they wear it once and put it back with the rest to be sold to unsuspecting phannies?
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
liola
rankussy

That picture just slapped me in the face with how domestic it is. I'm imagining months from now, they're back at their house, a picture like this comes. Even better, a second story of one of them next to a bed, hunched over to fold clothes while the one taking the picture complains how their folding skills need improvement. The phandom goes crazy. I die of heart attack. It's beautiful.

Anyway. :happytears:
phanfckingtastic wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:35 am
Is that red thing in Phil's pile Dan's hoodie with the white stripe?
Mainly, why is Dan's pile so small? Do they just throw away the merch they wear? Do they wear it once and put it back with the rest to be sold to unsuspecting phannies?
I'm assuming they don't just wear something then put it in the laundry pile straight away? Especially the stuff they wear for only a couple of hours. I also thought that red thing was Dan's hoodie.

The shibe socks though!! Dan why are you withholding them from us, show us you coward!!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Totally here for the domestic content! Not entirely sure why they bothered to sort it though, since it'll probably all get washed together. Still, if I can't get more cute date content, I'll take more of this in a heartbeat!

Also, to jump on the vid bandwagon I wanted to share this fanvid, which is one of my faves. It has a lot of clips not normally in vids, and I love seeing them slowly getting older as the video goes on. Cute, cute, cute.
autumnhearth
senpai

Ok Cornelia posts an amazing nature photo and Phil post laundry... and yet it’s cute, especially the socks. I was just thinking yesterday how do they keep their Calvin’s straight especially with hotel laundry (conclusion: they don’t).

Thanks for solving that mystery @missemma when I took a second look yesterday I was prettt sure Marianne was the second person in the reflection so that makes sense. Plus Duncan posted something with a Japanese friend just two days ago.

Not that I want them out of the main, but did you know there’s a whole thread for favorite fan videos? Beautiful stuff, maybe you all could add the ones you shared here, so they can be found again easier viewtopic.php?f=7&t=593
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, just the first of those edits is enough for me. I need to be less tired before I feel much more sappy.

For what it’s worth, Vsoftdnp, I’m sure they’d love just one piano cover, or a few, if you can’t find many of them. That’s a really cool idea :thumb:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

They live!
Last edited by phantastically-avg on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Frick me, Phil looks good. New jacket again? Also looks good. Fancy lift is fancy, hope it wasn’t terrifying to see the ground drop away.
hello9217
flower crown

I :love1: hate :love1: you :love1: Idk how phil can make that sound like a term of endearment but he can
Ataraxia25
flower crown

oh god phil looks so amazing... oh god! they seem to be having so much fun! the 'i hate you', phil's little squeal when he jumps, them having fun in NZ........ :happytears:

edit to say that phil is doing much better than me, i went to something like that once and i was so so afraid to just stand on the glass panels like the ones in their story, i could never jump on one.
Last edited by Ataraxia25 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
autumnhearth
senpai

Aww we got an ‘I hate you’ and that does look like a new jacket, he’s wearing the sparkly zebra stripe jumper underneath it and he needs to tie his shoes as there was more of a danger of him tripping than breaking the glass (he jumps so delicately).