Dan & Phil Part 75: @philsthiccbooty

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I just want to thank the lord for another I hate you moment
:happytears:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:36 pm edit to say that phil is doing much better than me, i went to something like that once and i was so so afraid to just stand on the glass panels like the ones in their story, i could never jump on one.
Same. Blackpool Tower has one. I was so afraid to stand on it I ran over it from one side to the other... straight into a steel beam. Head first. I actually did literally see stars. LOL
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Sorry to double post, but missed the editing window and I wanted to share.
"Perks of working at Orbit is meeting so many interesting people. They looked so familiar, but I only realised after I had been serving them for about an hour that they were the Youtubers Dan and Phil. 😂
They seemed so legit, and down to earth, and even tipped me $50 too! Definitely a rewarding night up at the Sky Tower."

ETA: The boys do live their skybar dates.
Last edited by phantastically-avg on Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

SKYBAR DATE NIGHT. i'm dead, im on the floor. it's cute and soft. and they seem to be very nice clients all the time (i think it's a very generous tip, but i don't really the 'tip etiquette' for NZ! i guess it's because it was a super expensive meal so you give a super expensive tip?) anyway i love them.
:gayaf:
lilabet
philussy

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:33 pm SKYBAR DATE NIGHT. i'm dead, im on the floor. it's cute and soft. and they seem to be very nice clients all the time (i think it's a very generous tip, but i don't really the 'tip etiquette' for NZ! i guess it's because it was a super expensive meal so you give a super expensive tip?) anyway i love them.
Hmm New Zealand doesn't really do tipping at all. The only time you do is at a really fancy restaurant which I don't think this was. It's more in the middle.

If they went with three courses they would have spent about 80-100 each (so about £50). Yes I looked at the menu :shrug: So they tipped about 25% which is pretty good. This is on the assumption they were there on their own.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Ataraxia25
flower crown

@lilabet thank you so much for the explanation! thanks also for the prices because i kinda looked for them on the skycity website but didn't find them and i was doing something else so thanks :D
im not really familiar with how much you're 'supposed' to give when it comes to tips but for me, yeah, 25% it's very very good :shock:
but tipping is different in every country so i guess that's why i'm so shocked haha
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

Aw, it always warms my heart to hear they're nice people irl. And their sky bar tradition is so cute :hearts:
And that waiter is cute too.

I was convinced it was like a group dinner though, even thought I heard Mimei's laugh in one of those clips but maybe I made it up in my head. Does she keep her sm updated? (I don't follow her, as you can tell)

When was the last time a "proper date" with just the too of them was confirmed? Singapore? wow I'm a terrible stan, got no details or memory lmao
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
lilabet
philussy

@Ataraxia25 yeah I had never tipped in my life before moving to the UK except putting change in the jar at coffee shops. I kind of expect D&P to tip because they can afford it and its something they're used to. It was good but not astoundingly generous. I also forgot to factor in drinks which I'm sure they had.

Also they got admission to the sky tower itself included. Bonus moving restaurant as well.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i'm always here for phil's fashion choices! a style icon tbh. love the new jacket, love the date, love the stories, love that dudes ig post :love2:
also that red thing in phil's laundry pile looks like underwear maybe? i forget which video, maybe this year's easter baking vid that he wore them? (i sound so creepy)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Date night, good for them. Also that desert looked great <3
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That’s an interesting menu, but I can’t tell if Phil’s dessert is the chocolate mousse with orange. The crackly red stuff isn’t on the description. It looks really good, I’d be curious to try it. Lucky waiter all around.
lilabet
philussy

flarequake wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:57 pm That’s an interesting menu, but I can’t tell if Phil’s dessert is the chocolate mousse with orange. The crackly red stuff isn’t on the description. It looks really good, I’d be curious to try it. Lucky waiter all around.
It is. It's designed to look like a jaffa which is a chocolate sweet with an orange hard coating.
Phandom Gives
Phantasy
woodland creature

I wonder if Jason the Sky Tower Server will get a special mention in a live show like Chan the Border Agent. ;)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

lilabet wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:09 pm
flarequake wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:57 pm That’s an interesting menu, but I can’t tell if Phil’s dessert is the chocolate mousse with orange. The crackly red stuff isn’t on the description. It looks really good, I’d be curious to try it. Lucky waiter all around.
It is. It's designed to look like a jaffa which is a chocolate sweet with an orange hard coating.
Ohh, I see, I was thinking just of Jaffa oranges.
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Gosh. Phils new jacket. The I hate you. The unison Yaaas at the desert. I feel blessed.
knq
lava lamp

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:28 pm They live!
Dan's toes curling through his shoe-slipper things is super cute. (That or he gets violently pulled back/upward but I'm assuming toe curl.) I kind of want shoes like that. Honestly, I just want all my clothes to be pajamas that can pass off as work/school/shopping appropriate.

Speaking of which, on like my 126th rewatch of the Final Google Fued video I noticed Dan is wearing his Game of Thrones pajama bottoms both before and after the pizza intermission, so now I wonder if he went down to the lobby in those. And Phil is wearing black skinny jeans both before and after the pizza intermission. And the bed is made up differently after the intermission so I assume they had their pizza on the bed.

So basically I'm shaming-but-secretly-admiring Dan for wearing pajamas in public and/or just-plain-shaming Phil for wearing jeans in bed in private.

Also I've decided that when fetus-Dan said he was a romantic person depending on the definition of romantic, he was referring to getting up and fetching things. Every time they go fetch something for the other during a LS or video it's like the most difficult, greatest sacrifice they've ever made. They're so strange and cute. I'd make a video compilation of just dnp getting each other things if I had any idea how to edit videos.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

oh how i love waking up to a skybar date insta story....the "i :love1: hate :love1: you" gave me an extra life

also @Ataraxia25 yep the video edit is weirdly hilarious tho and it perfectly encapsulates my emotions watching the compilation edits lol
"you are next to me in my life"
autumnhearth
senpai

lilabet wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:33 pm SKYBAR DATE NIGHT. i'm dead, im on the floor. it's cute and soft. and they seem to be very nice clients all the time (i think it's a very generous tip, but i don't really the 'tip etiquette' for NZ! i guess it's because it was a super expensive meal so you give a super expensive tip?) anyway i love them.
Hmm New Zealand doesn't really do tipping at all. The only time you do is at a really fancy restaurant which I don't think this was. It's more in the middle.

If they went with three courses they would have spent about 80-100 each (so about £50). Yes I looked at the menu :shrug: So they tipped about 25% which is pretty good. This is on the assumption they were there on their own.
Ugh that is exactly the kind of menu I look for when picking out a place for a birthday dinner or anniversary, jealous. Dan’s second lift story (going down) was really aesthetic. And Phil looked so happy and fond to have been pushed by Dan :cry:
karma_yeah
philussy

Now I want a food tweet from Phil telling us what else they had to eat . . .

(it's almost dinner time here)
What goes around, comes around Image
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ughh just gonna pop @Catallena's story compilation in here because damn I love their skybar outings.

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That compilation was honestly one of my favorites to make, and I've made 100+ of them by now. Sign me the fuck up for anything that has them saying those three magic words to each other.

:love2: I. :love2: Hate. :love2: You. :love2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ataraxia25
flower crown

it's 5am, i can't sleep and something's bothering me : i can't remember exactly phil's mom shoes superstition. according to kath, you must not put new shoes on the table or any shoes at all?
sorry i'ts the only thought in my head rn
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:25 am it's 5am, i can't sleep and something's bothering me : i can't remember exactly phil's mom shoes superstition. according to kath, you must not put new shoes on the table or any shoes at all?
sorry i'ts the only thought in my head rn
Phil has this tweet, and Dan made a joke in the festive DITL about new shoes on the table, but I can't really tell?

Edit: someone replied to the original tweet with this,
japhan
smol bean

hi, stereotypical lurker > poster here. :D
i've been casually watching dnp since 2013 and got a lot more interested in them in late 2013 when i decided to make a tumblr account and :phangoggles:. but i spent almost two years or so lurking on gg (and PHANTARAY) and having a phan blog on tumblr until like mid 2015 when i started losing interesting in dan and phil mostly because i wasn't too interested in the book and tour & felt a little suffocated by it. but real life stuff started taking over a lot of my time too, which probably accounted for some of the lost interest.
so yeah i religiously watched dan and phil for a while in 2013-2015, but hadn't watched more than dan's diss track (which shook me to my core honestly) for the past couple years. until a couple months ago dan and phil play cards against humanity showed up in my youtube recommended and i really had to watch because i remembered a discussion once about if phil would ever change his innocent humor/branding and wishfully thinking about cards against humanity on the gaming channel one day, so when i saw that video i was like MY WISH CAME TRUE. watching the video the whole time i was shell-shocked over post-baking universe dan and phil.

i spent the last couple of months catching up on everything, which was kind of like discovering them again. so safe to say i'm phan :garbage: again.

so anyways, i really liked ame's post a while ago about them slowly exposing us to phan related stuff and it really got me thinking about how much has changed and wondering about the future for them. not only relationship-wise, but career-wise too. like will dan's main channel stay dead? will AP ever re-brand? will they keep presenting things on stage (not necessarily a stage show, but being hosts/small performers in bigger events)?

i really think that dan's going to make some kind of video about sexuality and then turn his channel in another direction, especially with what he said in the last top dan memes video about it maybe being the last. i don't know if anyone has seen exurb1a on youtube, but i noticed that dan follows him on twitter too and he makes interesting videos about the universe with cynical humor that reminds me of dan's. some of dan's other youtube recommendations/possible creative inspirations like contrapoints make me think that dan is unhappy with his content even after the rebranding.

i think that they will keep the gaming channel after the tour as they somewhat enjoy it and it's a good source of $$$, but i'm so lost on what will happen to amazingphil content far into the future? and will they keep the insta stories at least sometimes?

so in conclusion, i just really want future talk because it's been keeping me up at night :love1:
:blackheart:
autumnhearth
senpai

Welcome (back) @japhan :japhan: I can imagine what a shock that must have been. I’ve got very little coherent thoughts on the future here at 6:30am. I just popped on to say you guys got your wish for them hanging out with Mimei!