Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

det395 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:26 pm
How did I never know Martyn did music?? I bet that was another thing that made him the super cool big brother in a young envious Phil lmao. Is there any evidence of his music anywhere or does it seem like a personal hobby thing? "for ourselves" like she said.
There are a bunch of videos and a soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/mookentooken/tracks). I don't know for sure if he's done gigs more recently than 2015.

Just an addendum to my previous post, they started interacting on Twitter at the end of 2009 and claim "They first crossed roads in several London club cellars in the beginning of 2010." So it sounds like they either fudged the timing and met in clubs in late 2009, or talked on Twitter first but told people professionally that they met in clubs.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Mod Note: Hey guys, just a reminder that this thread should be about Dan and Phil and anything relevant to them. I know the lines are a bit blurred re: Martyn & Cornelia, but if you want to chat about them further, I'd recommend creating a thread in the "Other Fandoms" section of the forum. :thumb:

I could go for a video tbh. :tumbleweed:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I'm dying for a video. please, feed us.
:contentdrought:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

It's like 3am in Australia, I don't think we're getting anything today :(
kavat
pastel persona

The boys don't post a video in a few days and this turns into a Martyn&Cornelia forum, I approve :lol:

Video would be wonderful. Maybe tomorrow evening for them, afternoon for europe?

Personal ramble below:
I just started a new job and this company works a lot with influencers. This week we did the biggest collaboration so far, with the UK's biggest influencer (yeZ that one). I did the mistake of counting what that would do to the Six degrees of Kevin Bacon theory, that you are maximum six people removed from anyone on earth. Right not I'm four steps from deppy (my colleague>manager/agent>the Influencer (Z)>dan and phil) and somehow that just feels too close. Even if I watch them so much and think we would get along the fourth wall has cracked just a little and it's... weird. I like them from a healthy distance but I can't really put my finger on why it feels so strange to know that they are a little closer than before.

Sorry to ramble, have a nice friday :ribena:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Please Depz, feed us soon. I need distraction :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Phandumb
smol bean

Catallena wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:34 pm Please Depz, feed us soon. I need distraction :')
Same. 😔
-Angel 💜
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i miss the DanAndPhilGAMES Youtube channel... wonder where she's been for the last 3 years...
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

kavat wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:32 pm Personal ramble below:
I just started a new job and this company works a lot with influencers. This week we did the biggest collaboration so far, with the UK's biggest influencer (yeZ that one). I did the mistake of counting what that would do to the Six degrees of Kevin Bacon theory, that you are maximum six people removed from anyone on earth. Right not I'm four steps from deppy (my colleague>manager/agent>the Influencer (Z)>dan and phil) and somehow that just feels too close. Even if I watch them so much and think we would get along the fourth wall has cracked just a little and it's... weird. I like them from a healthy distance but I can't really put my finger on why it feels so strange to know that they are a little closer than before.

Sorry to ramble, have a nice friday :ribena:
i think i empathize with this a lot and i have an idea as to why this may be. i work as a daycare teacher - as a general rule, we are not allowed to add families to our social media (or vice versa), unless they had already left or graduated from the center, to maintain a professional relationship. so when the kids i had taken care of had left the center and their parents added me on my personal facebook.....its just.......weird. like, were close and have a friendly relationship. buts still weird, because this time, im not showing myself as their child's teacher, theyre seeing me as myself who happens to be a teacher.

and thats the thing, a friendly professional relationship requires you to keep limits and boundaries between both sides. as teachers, we know a lot of information about the families: where they live, family dynamics, childrens medical info, etc., so that we could provide them the best care, all while maintaining a friendly and open communication with them. HOWEVER, we are expected not to share those information to outside sources since itll be a breach of privacy. in the same way, we are sorta like that to deppy. as fans, we know them all too well. case in point: phan directory. whether you believe they are in a romantic and sexual relationship or not, we still cant ignore the fact that 2009 phan existed, and its not really something we could easily talk about to people outside the phandom (shoutout to all the moms and dads who have no idea who deppy is but got dragged into watching ii by their children). even if we do, its usually done with slight ambiguity.

so yeah, technically, we fans have some sort of friendly professional relationship with dnp. and theres usually an invisible boundary (aka. the fourth wall) separating them from us, so if that line is blurred or broken, its when that weird feeling of "is this ok?" sinks in because youre no longer just their fan, theyre seeing you as yourself who happens to be their fan. (could also be the reason why some people get starstruck during m&g even though they tried to come prepared) but thats just my understanding of it.

ANYWAYS;

when will AP, dinof DH, and dapg return from war? im am thirsty for a viddy
"you are next to me in my life"
Phantasy
woodland creature

Now that Troye’s album Bloom is out I’m looking forward to Dan’s review. I’m sure it’s going to be a near spiritual experience for him—hopefully some strong “enter me, Troye” vibes.
As soon as Troye posted this photoshoot pic with him as a ginger, I knew Dan would be all over that!

mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

posterity
Ablissa
pastel persona

Susannah wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:51 am posterity
I know that we'll never know but I'm still frustrated by this. I guess I'm too invested. I want to obtain this insignificant piece of knowledge!!! I bet it was something about merch, or tour, or anything... Why am I even speculating... :lol:

Anyway...
Deppy, please have mercy. I want a video, preferably a Hobbiton DITL. If you can't deliver that, then give us the cake scene or the Vegas vlog. :twisted:
ratlad
angel bean

yaaayy they filmed vids !!
and my guess for the "secret" is that phil told tyler about tabinof and the tour.
kavat
pastel persona

Thank you @ame! That makes a lot of sense. It just blurs my reality a little.
ratlad wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:37 am yaaayy they filmed vids !!
and my guess for the "secret" is that phil told tyler about tabinof and the tour.
Tabinof was announced five months before their collab so it can't be that. Big hero 6 and the 7sc app had also already been announced. I'm not sure what other project it could be? I mean I know what the demon in me likes to think the secret was, but other than that I have no idea.
ratlad
angel bean

kavat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 am Thank you @ame! That makes a lot of sense. It just blurs my reality a little.
ratlad wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:37 am yaaayy they filmed vids !!
Tabinof was announced five months before their collab so it can't be that. Big hero 6 and the 7sc app had also already been announced. I'm not sure what other project it could be? I mean I know what the demon in me likes to think the secret was, but other than that I have no idea.
oof, okok... my demon is thinking the same thing, but idk if phil would be comfortable with tyler making a whole deal out of it for the audience. maybe phil told him an embarrassing story, but i don't see tyler reacting that way to something like that so idk. i do wonder why he did decide to bring attention to it again...
phanfckingtastic
living flop

It's cute to see their suitcases in their room, gives me a warm feeling to witness their little mobile home in action as they make their way through the tour. I'm so bored I hope we get the video today or tomorrow.

-

Unpopular opinion apparently, but I really like Tyler and I loved those collabs, especially Phil's. Forever frustrated that we have no video with the three of them together, especially in this wonderful 20gayteen.
I think given the context and their expressions it would make sense that Phil told Tyler some anecdote related to a topic of the video, like an embarrassing moment or something not very pg that he wouldn't share in his channel.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
knq
lava lamp

Phandom has made me needy. I swear I spent years in the Sherlock fandom being perfectly happy. But also omg yay they’re filming a gaming video I wonder what it is? Please don’t be sims anything but sims.

I wonder if it’ll pick up the wild mood of the other hotel room gaming videos, or if two days of sleep and a bit of time off will have mellowed them back out to a more standard dynamic sadly lacking in pizza intermissions.

Rolling my eyes at Tyler. Friends who go around announcing they know secrets are friends you do not tell ‘secrets’ to if you have any sense of self preservation. Phil and Tyler aren’t so much friends as buisness collaborators mutually benefiting from each other, but I reserve my right to eye roll anyway. I like a good eye roll.
phanfckingtastic
living flop

A FullDemon™️ thought:
I always forget that Phil's dad is artistic because he's mostly brought up in the phandom as the guy demanding Phil became more "manly" or whatever, but he had drawn some Buffy thing for Phil years ago, right?

So what I'm getting at is, do we think d&p have any phanart made for them by Nigel Lesty himself? :o
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives Update

Phils 32nd birthday drive is up and running on justgiving http://bit.ly/PG-Phil32. I’ve set the goal for £6,000 which I’m sure we can meet as we managed to raise £8,705.75 in just a month last time around.

This time we have 5 months so just think of how much we could raise. Let’s make some dreams come true!

When you donate please make sure you include your username and social media handle so that you are entered into anything we have planned. Further details about these sorts of things will be announced by our social media as they are confirmed.

Also while it isn’t the focus right now Dans 28th birthday drive is also up http://bit.ly/PG-Dan28. Just in case you want to donate to both at the same time.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Planning by the seat of their pants :shock: so much notice :roll:
lilabet
philussy

I bet the set has been delayed somehow.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

flarequake wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:34 pm Planning by the seat of their pants :shock: so much notice :roll:
I hope this isn't a "we didn't sell enough seats so let's combine shows" situation, because that's a bit... ick. Also, I feel bad for anyone who was traveling in for the 12th and possibly leaving that night or the next day. Ridiculously late notice.

I love Dan and Phil, but I 100% don't love how they book their tours. The poor TBC folks... :(
Amiaw
interactive introvert

rizzo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:51 pm
flarequake wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:34 pm Planning by the seat of their pants :shock: so much notice :roll:
I hope this isn't a "we didn't sell enough seats so let's combine shows" situation, because that's a bit... ick. Also, I feel bad for anyone who was traveling in for the 12th and possibly leaving that night or the next day. Ridiculously late notice.

I love Dan and Phil, but I 100% don't love how they book their tours. The poor TBC folks... :(
There was a tweet going around saying that the show for the 12th was sold out but it's hard to say if that is really the case since it is dnp but I can imagine it really is something to do with logistics. With Manila being the impetus behind the whole tour I would guess that they would have done everything they could have to perform on both nights. Regardless, I feel for those who have travel plans that aren't flexible
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh boys. As always, 1.5 stars out of 5 for communication.

I can't believe it's already September and there's still nothing about the TBC dates. :sideeye:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lilabet
philussy

rizzo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:51 pm

I don't think it's that as they performed some pretty empty shows in the US. It could be that someone's Visa is delayed, the set will be stuck in transit for longer than expected etc. With the amount of work to amend all the tickets, VIPs, refunds I doubt it'd just be because it didn't sell enough. Although I'd be interestiny to see how they are going to merge them and make a bigger show.
Phandom Gives