Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm confused now. I hate timezones.

(what a great top of the page post wow good job me. it's true tho.)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

I assume they did but I still am questioning whether they verified that with dnp. Not only is that midnight the day of a show, which will be hectic since the shows got combined and m&g is doubled, but dnp said Thursday last week as when the next rize show will be.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I think I got it!
I noticed I was also confusing the am pm thing because I forgot if the 12 pm is noon or midnight as we don't use am/pm here :lol: :roll: (I know how they work but the 12 hour specifically I always forget because of the way we learn about them) :oops:
Thanks for the help @Catallena and @watsonian!! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm definitely dubious about whether they're really gonna do a midnight liveshow, especially with that doubled up meet and greet the next day. I wonder if they are just unable to flex the contract beyond certain points? Like maybe Rize doesn't want the odd times and deps are left with no choice?
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

hey there ive been not posting as often as i want to ugh im sorry

but the spon video today was a blessing and i couldnt stop laughing at dan doing a mpreg impression and the jokes him and phil kept making
:transheart:
ratlad
angel bean

coffeepenguin wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:28 pm What. The. F... Did. I. Just. Watch. I mean, seriously, what was that, many things deppy do in videos can be written down as "giving people what they want" or simply being high on sugar, but here I'm just lost for words :shock: In this video, Phil was just brilliant, filter what filter, while Dan, it feels like, has been recently reminiscing about his failed dream of doing theater. It's all for the best, I'll die a happy penguin :philtrash: :dead: If only they could be this bold and they could write and produce a real comedy act instead of doing a tatinof 2.0 with a particular focus on shaming the phandom.

Also, smh at Dan not knowing his AoT canon nore how the male genitalia are depicted on classical sculptures, his final joke doesn't work, you couldn't kill anybody with how small it is :roll: :lol:
their next stage show should be "The Story of Dan and Phil: THE MUSICAL"
where they reenact every major event from the time they started talking, to meeting to all of their dates adventures etc... in song form.

this is a joke. i'm kidding. unless im not and y'all actually agree, then in that case, hell yeah.... it's a bad idea.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

hi hello have i mentioned how much i loved the "eye rolling" parts in the video? well, this person made a gifset of those moments and gave it the most perfect caption and now im cackling :rofl:
also yikes at the possible midnight liveshow.....are they....going to be okay? actually, im at a loss time and date-wise right now (i just embarrassed myself to a parent at work today cz i thought it was still august) so someone tell me they actually will be doing a liveshow at a proper time cz that sounds pretty exhausting considering their manila m&g is right around the corner
"you are next to me in my life"
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Some fun tumblr likes from Dan
(link)
(link)

I recommend going through his likes too because he's liked some really gorgeous art. But I love that they're out here liking cute, 'shippy' (for lack of a better term rn) art, and I'm always here for them acknowledging furry stuff.
edit: they watched the sunset and fireworks together? for the second time this tour? ugh <3
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
hello9217
flower crown

Are they really not in Manilla? Like they have to be right and these are just delayed? Because if they are flying this morning and then have to stay up until midnight to do a liveshow and then have a show the next day then damn good luck.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The fireworks story is majorly delayed. When you search 'sydney fireworks' on Twitter, you'll see that the last fireworks were on the 10th.
I say they're definitely in Manila right now.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Catallena wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:46 am The fireworks story is majorly delayed. When you search 'sydney fireworks' on Twitter, you'll see that the last fireworks were on the 10th.
Doesn't that say the 11th? 6-8pm on the 11th in Sydney was around 17-19 hours ago, so from last night (it's 1pm on the 12th in Sydney currently). I may be entirely wrong lmao, I can't do maths.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

captainspacecoat wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:07 am
Catallena wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:46 am The fireworks story is majorly delayed. When you search 'sydney fireworks' on Twitter, you'll see that the last fireworks were on the 10th.
Doesn't that say the 11th? 6-8pm on the 11th in Sydney was around 17-19 hours ago, so from last night (it's 1pm on the 12th in Sydney currently). I may be entirely wrong lmao, I can't do maths.
it does, i just can't type at 5 in the morning :thumb:

point still stands that i definitely think they're in manila rn or at the very least on their way.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

I had to wait all goddamn day to watch this video, and it nearly killed me. But it didn't disappoint! Here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed was the reflection in the window. Later on, I noticed the colored pillows in the reflection, and I was briefly amused that they were in two consecutive videos until I remembered that this was the same hotel room that the last video was filmed in.
  • [0:20] Dan compares himself and Phil to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake because they're both wearing denim jackets. Of course, he makes sure everyone knows that he’s “goth Britney Spears.”
  • [2:24] Dan’s mpreg story. Noteworthy quotes include Dan called the titan a “giant naked man” at [2:46], and Phil said, “Titans don’t have reproductive organs” while Dan said, “Love. True love.” in the background at [3:00].
  • [4:44]
    Dan: I love being bitten on the entire nonspecific crotch. That’s great. How powerful… Is it like a full on Raticate? Like, ju… Cuts it in half. Okay, great.
  • [5 48]
    Phil: Whenever you say something is questionable, I don’t trust it, Daniel.
  • [6:05] Dan’s cannibalism story. At [6:27]:
    Dan: Yeah, but, if I season it well enough, then I’ll get that TripAdvisor review.
    Phil: Don’t go full cannibal.
  • [7:13]
    Dan: *takes wine bottle* I’m gonna need this.
  • [7:15] Close up on Phil laughing with an...interesting expression on his face.
  • [8:14] Dan’s story of a scarf knitted by a grandma. It almost sounds like he has personal experience with such an article of clothing.
  • [8:42]
    Phil: Fine. Well, listen to this, materino. You are on the dragon. You’re on the dragon. You reach around, and you…
    Dan: *gives Phil a look of disbelief*
    Phil: You pull out...
    Dan: *takes a fake pull from the wine bottle* Oh, God!
    Phil: Pull out one of the dragon’s teeth.
    Dan: *loses his shit*
  • [10:59] Phil's story of David and the giant scorpion.
    Phil: And it hasn’t had any lovin’ for a while, okay.
    Dan: Oh, God. Are we really…? *laughs*
    Phil: So, I whack out my Michelangelo's statue of David.
    Dan: Oh, for… *laughs*
    Phil: Known to have a perfect butt. Everyone knows it’s been carved in marble. People talk about that butt in history books.
    Dan: It’s got a...it’s got a perfect everything.
    Phil: Yeah, so, the scorpion doesn’t wanna look at me any more. He just hovers over to the statue, and I’m like, “Ha ha! It’s a statue!” And then I pull off Michelangelo’s leg and whack him ‘round the head with it until he is a pile of scorpion mulch.
  • [11:42]
    Dan: Wow! Phil killed the giant scorpion with a marble penis.
    Phil: I… No, I said leg!
    Dan: There we go. It’s [unintelligible] Yeah, well, that’s not what everyone was thinkin’ about.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room

ame wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:09 am
itasca00 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:19 pm
ame wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:52 pm @ratlad ok but....what if dan has been throwing us red herrings all along...what if....hes not only a lizard....what if he is a HUGE ass fire lizard? what if hes a dragon?

think about it. his old name "danisnotonfire"...because dragons cant burn. him being a furry is because in actuality he likes to hoard warm, adorable, furry living beings and who else is warm, adorable and furry? PHIL.

the conspiracy board is growing, we must go deeper !!!!!!!!!!1!!!111
I think we can add this [3:53] as strong evidence in favor of your "Dan is a dragon" hypothesis. I mean, he's basically already admitted it.
:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: interesting how dan "wants" to be a dragon while phil wants to "own" one.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm, the mystery continues
Bonus timestamp: Did anyone else notice how Dan mimed being a dragon at [7:38] of the latest video? Because I know I sure did...

Amiaw wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:52 pm
If this liveshow actually happens, it will be in the middle of the work day for me, and I'm definitely strongly considering watching it anyway.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Catallena wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:09 am it does, i just can't type at 5 in the morning :thumb:

point still stands that i definitely think they're in manila rn or at the very least on their way.
Haha all good, I feel that!! And agreed, I for sure think they're at the very least well on their way to Manila, if not there already.
lesterchuu
philussy

@itasca00 i mean, with the way these evidence keeps popping up, this theory might as well be a fact. daniel howell, who? i only stan the youtuber celebrity DrAgoN from now on
ratlad
angel bean

aww, dan's likes :blackheart:
remember the lingerie bunny dnp art that he liked? i love thinking about that, such good art. and the one where he's blushing over phil's quiff with *kill bill sirens*
now this one is just blatantly a heart eyes howell drawing. love it all.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Phantasy
woodland creature

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:37 am Some fun tumblr likes from Dan
(link)
(link)

I recommend going through his likes too because he's liked some really gorgeous art. But I love that they're out here liking cute, 'shippy' (for lack of a better term rn) art, and I'm always here for them acknowledging furry stuff.
edit: they watched the sunset and fireworks together? for the second time this tour? ugh <3
Honestly, forget everything else, if you truly want “giving people what they want” just look at Dan’s likes across various platforms...Between the Phan art on Tumblr, some of which are downright romantic alluding, and his insta likes which are 90%+ queer representing (not to mention his twitter likes), he’s living his best gay life and I am LOVING IT.

Another cute one...
autumnhearth
senpai

ame wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:27 am hi hello have i mentioned how much i loved the "eye rolling" parts in the video? well, this person made a gifset of those moments and gave it the most perfect caption and now im cackling :rofl:
also yikes at the possible midnight liveshow.....are they....going to be okay? actually, im at a loss time and date-wise right now (i just embarrassed myself to a parent at work today cz i thought it was still august) so someone tell me they actually will be doing a liveshow at a proper time cz that sounds pretty exhausting considering their manila m&g is right around the corner
I was gushing to @ratlad earlier about how damn pretty Phil Lester is when he rolls his eyes. Such delicate yet striking facial features. David whomst? (Also you’re not going to beat any beasts with that marble penis, even if the dude I’d 17 ft tall.)

I also remembered on the rewatch that Dan asking Phil why he always had to spice things up, led to interesting thoughts. ;)

Ohh most of those Tumblr likes are really soft. :love2:
lesterchuu
philussy

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:46 am I was gushing to @ratlad earlier about how damn pretty Phil Lester is when he rolls his eyes. Such delicate yet striking facial features. David whomst? (Also you’re not going to beat any beasts with that marble penis, even if the dude I’d 17 ft tall.)

I also remembered on the rewatch that Dan asking Phil why he always had to spice things up, led to interesting thoughts. ;)

Ohh most of those Tumblr likes are really soft. :love2:
hmmmmmmmmmmm interesting indeed..........................gee, whatever could it mean.............. :ribena:
(does anyone else keep track of all the "kink" references theyve mentioned over the years? cz i used to but now ive lost track but what you said right now DEFINITELY DID NOT make my dumbass brain link those two thoughts together nooooo totally noooooot)
itasca00
moon room

ame wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:55 am @itasca00 i mean, with the way these evidence keeps popping up, this theory might as well be a fact. daniel howell, who? i only stan the youtuber celebrity DrAgoN from now on
I think it's obvious that this is just a fact about himself that he wants known. DrAgoN...what an incredible suggestion! I sense a second rebrand coming!
dancy
procrastinator

The video? Absolutely delightful and have already rewatched it. :tu: Dan and Phil? Confusing as heck. So, they were still in Sydney yesterday night watching the fireworks? And looking at the available flights, it would seem they're currently not even in Manila yet (unless they didn't have a direct flight and left yesterday night or whatever). Weird, I really thought they would've wanted to spend more time there but they'll already have to leave on the 14th to go to Singapore. And they had Rize announce that they're doing a liveshow at midnight when they have a busy day ahead? Alright, you do you, boys :|
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm still confused by the liveshow hour. Is it 6,5 hours from when I'm posting this? Time zones confuse the heck out of me...
As for them doing the show at midnight their time, I mean, yeah it sucks for them, but I'm sure they can manage on little sleep this one time. It's probably not the first time either, they're both night owls, I can imagine them staying up late on a lot of nights. Though it's odd that they would agree to something like that, perhaps this really was enforced by Rize.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I honestly can't wait for the liveshow because this whole 'they were/they weren't still in Australia yesterday' is driving me nuts. Please dnp give us answers.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Where are Dan and Phil? To quote Dan after the Puerto Rico affair: maybe we don't need to know where they are all the time. I don't think we can anyway, there's so much ways they can hide or delay and personally I'm not that interested whether they stayed a day longer or not somewhere on a worldwide tour. If it gave us some incredible insight or changed the meaning of something they did maybe I'd be more interested, but this just seems like a logistical move, maybe they want to throw off airport visitors and if that's the case I say good for them in knowing how to keep us all confused :mrgreen:

The video Enjoyable but nothing really set it apart. compete, cry, bant, repeat I found the most remarkable thing the reflection of their filming setup in the window. Not the first time we see glimpses of it, but in this video is was really noticeable.
If I see them sitting on and looking at the camera like that, joking away in the video, I'm always reminded by how an 'unnatural setup' it is vs. how 'natural' they make it appear on camera. It always feels like they are conversing with you, as if they are sitting across the opposite side of the table. In reality they are looking at a red dot and have become masters of making the whole video look like a completely natural interaction. I found it interesting, I hope that maybe some day they would pull some of the 'third wall' away and would do an in depth special about everything involved in the production process. Some day :lol:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly