Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Ablissa wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:37 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:33 pm That was tragically short but I'm not unhappy with it.

(I am, however, unhappy that they said only one more liveshow. I know we had the whole convo recently and everyone said they want regular liveshows but I just feel like the options here are 'rize vs nothing' not 'rize vs return to normal solo ones' and I'm gonna miss the fuck out of regular weekly content.)
I don't know, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I really don't think that Rize will let them off the hook already, surely they have a contract for these live shows. That, if nothing else, should make it happen. I hope...
But of course their moods will be different once back home, we will get less anecdotes and more music, shows etc. I will definitely miss tour content.
If Rize was strictly tour sponsorship, and it seems like it was, then I think the terms of the sponsorship will only carry through the tour.
hello9217 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:39 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:33 pm That was tragically short but I'm not unhappy with it.

(I am, however, unhappy that they said only one more liveshow. I know we had the whole convo recently and everyone said they want regular liveshows but I just feel like the options here are 'rize vs nothing' not 'rize vs return to normal solo ones' and I'm gonna miss the fuck out of regular weekly content.)
Idk. I feel like they are definitely done with rize live shows once tour is done but I feel like dan will go back to doing live shows (maybe youtube live shows) but they probably won't be weekly. Maybe bi-weekly. I really can't see Phil going back to do live shows though, except maybe once a month.
Yeah, that's pretty bleak me since Dan liveshows are the ones that I don't get anything pleasant from. I think at best they'll both do one liveshow a month, though. Dan wasn't exactly doing them regularly before tour.
knq
lava lamp

I recorded while I was watching as a backup. Not too sure about my sound quality--and I block all the fans who are talking--and I'm about to leave for work, so hopefully it worked out for @rizzo ! If not let me know later today. :tu:

@alittledizzy We may be thinking of different parts of the LS, but Phil said this didn't feel like "the last liveshow on tour. I hope we can do one more on tour" after suggesting their next show might be from London, which sounds to me like there's a possibility they'll do more from London. Probs only for as long as they're required to for Rize, but hopefully that's a few!

I cannot express my love for dnp or the liveshow because I really should have left for work 5 minutes ago ugh. :| Will have to pick apart everything I loved later, as usual!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i liked this live show, it was nice! they seemed okay!

i know i shouldn't hope but i'd love for phil to go back to doing liveshows because he really soothes me and tells us about his life! i love dan but his liveshows makes me anxious, the rambling and all make me so nervous.
also i find them super long, and i much prefer short liveshows, that'd be my dream. twice a month a 20-min liveshow from phil and same for dan
:gayaf:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

We're missing about a minute just at the start of Truth Bombs (because my computer's an asshole), but I've got the #content and it's going up in ~17 minutes soon-ish lol! :)
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

There's loads of things I liked about the liveshow but I can only think about how anxious I'm about the TBC :lol:
I didn't think at all that they would happen expect the worst kind of thing and I doubt they would do more than 1 or 2 shows here so I'll 100% have to get plane tickets and the way they talked about it makes me think there's a bigger chance of it happening... I'm stressed, they better give us a big window of warning (2 weeks minimum) because I will not waste all my savings in last minute plane tickets
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I'm very curious about their "plans" for the tbc dates. I don't see how it would make financial sense for them to go back to London and then travel back to Brazil and Mexico at a later date unless they did both of the shows together and the shows sold well.

If they plan on doing them after Mumbai that will be interesting too because it will put them back at home around the start of October which probably means we won't get any content from them again until closer to the end of the month which I'm okay with as long as we get Spooky Week and Baking but I don't foresee any live shows for that month.

With the live shows- I honestly don't think Dan will stop them because he needs to be able to talk to the audience and get that real time connection/validation but I am sure they will be every 2 weeks or even once a month like they were before. Phil will probably do one when he knows he has too - maybe around his birthday, possibly during gamingmas, but I don't think he wants to go back to regular content.

Looking back on last year they didn't give any hints that they were going to be stopping live shows but it does seem like a conscious decision that they made. With the gaming streams they didn't discuss it with the audience but there was a stream where Dan said something about only having a couple of streams left which leads me to believe that they have a timetable/plans for the things that they do..I just wish they'd be a little more transparent with us about big changes so we can adjust to them.
dancy
procrastinator

Amiaw wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:34 pm I'm very curious about their "plans" for the tbc dates. I don't see how it would make financial sense for them to go back to London and then travel back to Brazil and Mexico at a later date unless they did both of the shows together and the shows sold well.

If they plan on doing them after Mumbai that will be interesting too because it will put them back at home around the start of October which probably means we won't get any content from them again until closer to the end of the month which I'm okay with as long as we get Spooky Week and Baking but I don't foresee any live shows for that month.

With the live shows- I honestly don't think Dan will stop them because he needs to be able to talk to the audience and get that real time connection/validation but I am sure they will be every 2 weeks or even once a month like they were before. Phil will probably do one when he knows he has too - maybe around his birthday, possibly during gamingmas, but I don't think he wants to go back to regular content.

Looking back on last year they didn't give any hints that they were going to be stopping live shows but it does seem like a conscious decision that they made. With the gaming streams they didn't discuss it with the audience but there was a stream where Dan said something about only having a couple of streams left which leads me to believe that they have a timetable/plans for the things that they do..I just wish they'd be a little more transparent with us about big changes so we can adjust to them.
I highly doubt that they would do the TBC dates right after Mumbai seeing as that show is in less than two weeks. I don't know what the rules are in regards to how long in advance events need to be announced but I can't imagine them giving people that little time to buy tickets and make travel plans and whatnot. Not to mention that Phil said the next live show could possibly be in London, meaning they plan on going home after their last confirmed show. If D&P end up going to Brazil and Mexico (which I hope they will of course), I definitely think it'll be at a later time.

When it comes to liveshows, I think there's only one more on Rize to go, which is rather unfortunate in my opinion as I ended up liking these liveshows a lot more than I thought it would. I hope they will do more joint ones in the future because otherwise I'm afraid we won't end up seeing Phil live all that much anymore and as for Dan, fortnightly/monthly sounds about right.

I'm also curious as to what will happen to their main channels... I know Dan has confirmed he'll make a video sometime after the tour but will he make any other ones this year? And what about Phil? He hasn't uploaded in an unusually long time either, why? When is his next video and will he go back to the schedule of roughly one video every two to three weeks?
hello9217
flower crown

Amiaw wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:34 pm I'm very curious about their "plans" for the tbc dates. I don't see how it would make financial sense for them to go back to London and then travel back to Brazil and Mexico at a later date unless they did both of the shows together and the shows sold well.

My guess is that they will do them at a later date like they did last with Tatinof. If I remember correctly they released the Tatinof films and then did the European leg of the tour. I honestly don't see the tickets selling that immensely well, depending on how much time they leave between putting the tickets for sale and putting on the show.

They did talk about the gaming streams after the fact. Phil said in his first ls this year that they stopped them because he didn't like the quality of them and he felt like with how much they put into them they weren't getting enough out of it. Ik dan said that because of how busy he was this year that live shows would be sporadic and then phil kind of piggy backed off that answer but I really don't see phil going back to them/mentioning why his stopped.
fieldoflovers
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:02 pm
(Thanks to @rizzo!)
Thanks for the upload as always!
Last edited by lefthandedism on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: put video under spoiler
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I wish Dan cared as much about his YouTube channel as he does about his A-level geoography.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Sorry folks! Notification privacy concerns meant the video had to be taken down. Will update if/when it goes back up.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:21 pm I wish Dan cared as much about his YouTube channel as he does about his A-level geoography.
I had to try very hard not to grossly laugh on a bus when I saw this omg

And I agree with @hello9217. I was thinking that maybe they'll do the shows in November or December like European tatinof too (or possibly in 2019 but that seems extremely unlikely). It's so up in the air, though, and I really hope they're not putting false hope into anyone.
George
sad dimple

Now that everyone is used to joint liveshows, maybe they could continue doing those after the tour? One joint liveshow in a month, while it's not what I want, it's better than nothing. :shrug:

And I wonder if they are planning on doing the same II show if tbc dates get pushed back a lot? If they publish the show somewhere fairly soon (all that editing talk suggested so), do people want to go to a show they can watch beforehand? And it's not like every show is that different...cough...
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Hey guys. So never thought my ass would say this. And I’m actually scared to mention it on here Because I don’t ever post a lot. But today I got it In my head I’m going to try!! And write a fic. Iv had an idea for a few months but because I have trouble writing what I have in my head into a story I never thought I’d get anywhere. But I really wanna try even if it’s just for me as an outlet. Now I didn’t know if this would be okay to post on here or the fanfic currently reading chat? But I just wanted to know if anyone on here loves reading and being critical but in a helpful way. I need that I need someone to say no that’s not good take that out because it’s just not good. I know what the Fic is I’m writing and I have the first chapter outlines just need to spend a day I’m off work writing it up and adding as much detail as possible. I get it if anyone not interested it’s okay if no one is :D I guess I just don’t know where to start so if anyone wants to give me advice of just direct me in the right direction I’d appreciate anything. Thanks guys carry on as normal
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

:dh:
Phantasy
woodland creature

I got so nervous when Dan brought up the indoor/outdoor AirBnB, and had a sinking suspicion that he wanted to make the point that he had no control over the booking and was more-or-less just tagging along with Martyn (and Cornelia) just so he could fit in a Phan denial and mention something about there not being enough beds or having to sleep on the couch. But, nope, he just wanted to give a moth update.

I’m so so so happy there hasn’t been back tracking or casual phan denials in ages, they really are living their lives much more transparently. (but the mild pessimist in me hopes I’m not being lulled into a false sense of calm!)
Ablissa
pastel persona

Phantasy wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 pm I got so nervous when Dan brought up the indoor/outdoor AirBnB, and had a sinking suspicion that he wanted to make the point that he had no control over the booking and was more-or-less just tagging along with Martyn (and Cornelia) just so he could fit in a Phan denial and mention something about there not being enough beds or having to sleep on the couch. But, nope, he just wanted to give a moth update.

I’m so so so happy there hasn’t been back tracking or casual phan denials in ages, they really are living their lives much more transparently. (but the mild pessimist in me hopes I’m not being lulled into a false sense of calm!)
This is me. I literally held my breath as he was talking, I was sure something would go wrong, but... no. It was all fine. No mentions of beds or anything. If they were aware of people figuring out where they stayed, Dan said nothing to counter it. I really love them these days.

@Secretstanner That's awesome that you decided to write a fic! I'm not a beta reader, but if you ever need someone to just discuss ideas with, or give you some general advice, feel free to PM me or poke me on tumblr (phanbliss). I'm on sick leave so I have a lot more spare time, so I'll be around quite often :)
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Dan's latest twitter like. Not as sickeningly sweet and cute as some of his other likes but i found it very interesting, it doesn't just feel like a "lol this is my brand" I think it's more of a genuine reflection of how he might have felt (last night)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Ablissa wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:02 pm @Secretstanner That's awesome that you decided to write a fic! I'm not a beta reader, but if you ever need someone to just discuss ideas with, or give you some general advice, feel free to PM me or poke me on tumblr (phanbliss). I'm on sick leave so I have a lot more spare time, so I'll be around quite often :)
Thank you. You’re so kind just to discuss idea would be prefect. Sometimes you need a bit of back and forth with someone. I follow you on tumblr so I’ll message you there because I have trouble with this site. Thanks again <3
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Stakhanov wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 pm Dan's latest twitter like. Not as sickeningly sweet and cute as some of his other likes but i found it very interesting, it doesn't just feel like a "lol this is my brand" I think it's more of a genuine reflection of how he might have felt (last night)
I think that is very "on brand" for Dan. If we are looking at his likes though and analyzing them though then i find his tumblr likes (also from yesterday) pretty telling - he liked some nice phan art that had him gazing fondly at phil and some other lovely art and in the last few days on instagram he also liked some lovely anniversary posts where people were gushing over their long term partners. Now it could be that he just saw some posts and liked them, maybe he didn't really have a reason, but if we are looking at "off brand" likes then I would say sappy love posts are more likely to be from the real Dan Howell.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

annabanana
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:14 am
catching up on the dnp events of the day and i can't believe it took like 8 hours for someone to mention the "lapped it up" comment :lol: :lol: my mood toward 2018!dnp is contasntly just whiteguyblinking.gif

they are really out there just living 20gayteen to the fullest :prideheart:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i love that phil calls 'em "freckies" i do as well lol. i add "-ies" to a lot of stuff casually.
sockies. snackies.
it's so much cuter when phil does it though :lilheart:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Finally had time to catch up on the past 48 hours of posts and videos! Enjoyed the bucket of doom video, worth another rewatch when I'm not so tired just for the bants. Thank you @rizzo for the Rize recording!! Short and sweet live show, but sleepy Phil was really cute (2 hour jet-lag I'm crying).
I'm wishing safe travels on everyone attending the Manila show! I'm dealing with the impending American hurricane rn so I feel you.
:love2: :thumb:
knq
lava lamp

*To make these timestamps match up with the IDB Rize upload subtract about 45 seconds from the timestamp. They should match up better with the recording under the cut.
0:05 Stream begins with Dan and Phil looking somewhat unshaven and also singing.
0:30 Phil tries to write "Dan and Phil in Manila" in the push notification but writes "Dan and Phil in man" instead. Dan makes him send this for obvious reasons.
1:10 Dan's response to the question "What's up?" is "Not Phil."
1:35 Dan logic: the statement "Dan and Phil are in Manila" works in writing but then if you read it it wouldn't have worked so he said "Phila." P: Yeah.
2:40 They arrived in Manila via plane, boat, canoe, or tandem kayak. You decide.
3:45 Phil and also the entire Phandom: Is it the Kia Theater?
4:10 Dan makes a rewind noise at Phil's request.
4:20 Dan made Phil go first through immigration because "Phil's a good person who usually knows where he's going."
4:35
Immigration lady but also literally everyone to Dan: Are you with him?
D: Yep.
5:10 Dan pronounces kamilka from the chat as "Maleekla-bla-bla-kamalabalkabab or someone"
5:40 Dan got moist. Phil got moist. Phil is still moist. Moist.
6:05 They saw lightning from the plane. Phil asks if it's safe for a plane to be hit by lightning. Dan assures him it is.
D: It might make all the lights turn off briefly or something but you're fine.
P: You're fine?
D: You're fine.
6:25 Phil discourages Dan from writing the mpreg story. Male pregnancy is Phil's branding okay.
7:00 Google/lightning conspiracy
D: It's all about ions from demonetized videos being collected for nefarious purposes.
P: Dan! They're listening.
7:10 Dan and Phil feel personally victimized by cars honking in Manila.
7:54 P: *honk*
6:05 Sometimes the driver honking their horn is Dan's mum.
8:20 Phil tries to stop Dan from spoiling the next Sims video. We are deprived of the full impact of Phil's eyebrow raise due to Rize stickers on his face, but Dan is not.
8:30 Dan giggles nefariously about something that occurs in one of the gaming videos but doesn't spoil it.
8:40 There's "troughs and peaks galore" in the Sims video. Phil has a way with words.
8:55 They both edited the last gaming video. Dan thinks they edited it too much. Phil's proud of his owl.
9:25 They liked The Bodyguard
P: Watch it! Maybe you could open it in a tab.
D: ...This is an app.
9:40 The multiple screens life
D: I'm like, Switch, laptop, phone. Hello? I am the internet.
P: *while making a finger square over his face cuz Dan did it first* I am the internet!
D: I get my Switch and I go "Hello? Mario?"
10:00 Being funny reminds Phil of other things that were funny. We circle back to talking about Dan's impromptu mpreg fic. Jeff!
10:55 They attempt to explain their flight. Phil makes a globe. Dan makes a second globe. They have two globes and no one knows why. Picture the globe(s). You are getting sleepy. Or maybe that's just Dan and Phil.
11:10 Phil suggests licking Antarctica.
11:35 Phil was ready for Dan's pop quiz. Go Phil.
12:00 On the flight Dan went crazy and then drove Phil crazy by harmonizing with the plane/engine noises.
12:25 Phil tried to get Dan to shut up by saying a woman was annoyed. The woman wasn't annoyed. Phil was annoyed.
12:45 Dan wants to talk about scary bugs again. Phil leans back and looks So Done. Damn those Rize stickers for robbing us of Phil's full expression.
13:00 Dan complains about their Airbnb while Phil explores all the ways "rainforest" and "beach" can be combined into one word. P: It was brainforest... Rainbeach... Beachforest.
13:45 Dan wants to say he had a good time despite the bugs but he's just seen the word "moths" in the chat and he needs to tell us that there were in fact moths at the Airbnb. After a short brain reboot, he claims to have adjusted to the moth/mosquito lifestyle.
14:10 Phil lay by the pool and got freckles and dick.
P: I lapped it up.
14:25 Philtosynthesis
14:35 yaaaasssssss
14:45 One day they traveled on all forms of transport except unicycle.
15:10 Matryn still rocks cable-cars.
15:30 Phil tells Dan that Dan had a great time. Dan does a cute shoulder thing. Dan agrees he had a great time.
15:31 Phil got attacked... by a plant.
16:00 It is now unclear whether Phil was attacked by one (1) plant or two (2) separate species of plant.
16:20 They didn't see a python but they did see a branch.
16:50 One day they sat on the beach, had an ice cream, and didn't see a crocodile. They could have seen a crocodile though.
16:35 Phil facts: Crocodiles don't eat tourists.
17:40 Hold on they have to Google what animals to be scared of in Manila
P: Do you know what the answer will be? Which is the answer for all places.
D: What?
P: Humans.
D: Wow. That is. That is some deep shit right there, Phil. Oh my god.
18:40 I'm not sure what animal Phil's pretending to be but it wants to bite Dan.
18:45 Dan has some volume issues
P: I could just have a little microsleep now.
D: DON'T!
19:10 Coming soon to Dan and Phil Games: oxbow lakes.
19:20 Dan's disaster threshold is very low.
20:00 - 24:00 fan interaction
22:20 Dan looks at Phil while laughing and it's cute.
23:30 This interaction is equally cute:
D: I wanna drag one more person. Can we do that?
P: Can we get five?
D: This. Can we? My. My thumb is too fat.
P: Your thumb.
D: Phil, help.
Phil, already helping: Dan, what's wrong with you?
24:30 Dan would like us to appreciate once more that Phil is blessing us with his presence when he could be sleeping. Valid.
24:50 Dan is pleased by how many words sort of sound like Phil's name
D: Phil is gonna fill Manila with his phila.
P: Wow. You need to stop.
25:25 Remember that giveaway thing? Dan and Phil plan on remembering next week.
27:50 Next week's Rize show might be Monday in Hong Kong or Thursday in Mumbai or when they're back in London. Phil says this doesn't feel like the last tour liveshow so probably/hopefully before London.
28:45 They were saying goodbye but they stop to appreciate the username "stupendous goose."
29:00 Phil closes the app with a mildly concerning crashing noise.