Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

I definitely didn’t sneak off to a different part of my building earlier today to hide from my coworkers and watch this live. Definitely not. (But if I did, I wouldn’t feel bad. I worked a twelve hour day today, and I deserved that break, damnit!)
  • [-0:13] (This happened before the recording started.) They write the push notification. “Dan and Phil in Manila” doesn’t fit, so Dan insists on this instead:
  • [2:16] Phil’s customs story.
    Dan: Phil almost immediately got deported, like, literally failed immigration.
    Phil: She said, “Where’s your hotel?” And I was like, I don’t actually know where I’m staying.
    Dan: “It’s in...the city.”
    Phil: I said, “I’m in the city.” She’s like, “Yeah, but, like, what’s the address?” I was like, “It’s on my phone.” And she’s like, “No, it’s okay. It’s fine.”
    Dan: “So, okay. So, so, what are you doin’ here?”
    Phil: And I was like, “I’m doing a show.”
    Dan: “Wha--Where are you doing the show?”
    Phil: “And I’m doing the show in Manila.”
    Dan: “But wha--what’s the name of the theatre?”
    Phil: My mind went blank about the name of the theatre.
    Dan: “What’s the theatre? You’re performing a show, are you? What is it?”
    Phil: I was like, “Is it the Kia Theatre?”
    Dan: “Alright, what’s the address?”
    Phil: “*stutters* Manila Street?”
  • [3:28] Dan does a cute rewind noise. Phil does his at [6:30].
  • [5:54] This is a weird story...
    Phil: Did you know that if you are ever stood in a field and your hair starts to stand on end by itself, you’re probably about to get struck by lightning.
    Dan: Which is exactly what happened to us when we were stood outside the Google headquarters in London.
    Phil: That did happen to us!
    Dan: Who remembers that [unintelligible]? Who remembers that?
    Phil: It’s out there.
    Dan: Exactly.
    Phil: The truth is out there.
    Dan: And then it was in the news.
    Phil: It was in the news. No one knows what happened, but now we have some electrical powers that we don’t know about.
    Dan: It’s all the ions from demonetized videos...
    Phil: Bzzzzt! Bzzzzt! Bzzzzt!
    Dan: ...being collected for nefarious purposes.
    Phil: Dan, they’re listening.
    Dan: Um.
    Phil: [unintelligible] They can hear you. Should we rewind again?
    Dan: Algorithm protect me!
  • [7:28] A new Sims video is coming. They’re very excited about it. Among other things, they say it’s a “doozy.”
  • [7:38] Dan says they’ve actually filmed “a couple” gaming videos. So we have more to look forward to.
  • [8:08] They both edited the last gaming video. I don’t know why, but them both editing the same video kinda blows my mind.
  • [10:06] Dan rants about how long the flight from Sydney to Manila took and how the flight length doesn’t make sense.
  • [10:13] Some fun globe hand motions. Phil tries to hypnotise us, and Dan pushes his hands away.
  • [11:12] Story of how Dan tried to replicate the noise of the plane. It drove Phil crazy.
  • [13:21] Phil shows us some freckles he got from laying by the pool.
    Dan: Phil got that D.

Dan: Did you enjoy the D vitamin? Yes, Juanita!
    Phil: I did! I lapped it up.
    Dan: *makes a face*
  • [14:24] Martyn rocked the cable car they took in Australia, and Phil didn’t like it.
  • [14:39] Dan makes a beautiful face.
  • [14:44] Phil was stabbed by a plant, and he freaked out. He also poked a plant that he was specifically told not to touch, and it drew blood. Silly Philly.
  • [15:48] It sounds like we’re lucky Dan and Phil are still alive! They went to a beach that was closed the next day because a four meter long crocodile was spotted there. Dan calls crocodiles the “wasps of the sea.”
  • [21:23] Referring to having three viewers on the screen at the same time:
    Dan: That was a goddamn hoot right there.
    Phil: I know, I was like, I felt like we were on the Brady bunch.
  • [22:53] They’re still working on the TBC dates. They sound hopeful about them!
  • [23:37] Phil shows his Russian visa picture. The Indian visa photo is apparently funny:
    Dan: We both look like Bollywood villains in those photos.
  • [25:01] They’re planning on having a liveshow next week. Maybe it will be Monday in Hong Kong, maybe it will be Thursday in Mumbai, or maybe it will be back when they’re in London. They want to try to do one more while they’re still on tour, though.
  • [25:26] Dan says the next Sims video will be coming in “the next couple days.”
  • [26:12] Phil’s struggle to properly end a liveshow continues.
Edit: Timestamps at the top of the page again?
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

@itasca00 hello timestamping buddy :laptoprat:

While it only explains about 10% of dnp’s strangeness, this is what they’re referring to in the lightning story.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

@watsonian Why, hello there! 👋

I knew they must have been referencing something they had talked about online before, but I don't remember that video at all! I may have never even watched it before... Thanks for posting it!
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Amiaw wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:08 am
Stakhanov wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 pm Dan's latest twitter like. Not as sickeningly sweet and cute as some of his other likes but i found it very interesting, it doesn't just feel like a "lol this is my brand" I think it's more of a genuine reflection of how he might have felt (last night)
I think that is very "on brand" for Dan. If we are looking at his likes though and analyzing them though then i find his tumblr likes (also from yesterday) pretty telling - he liked some nice phan art that had him gazing fondly at phil and some other lovely art and in the last few days on instagram he also liked some lovely anniversary posts where people were gushing over their long term partners. Now it could be that he just saw some posts and liked them, maybe he didn't really have a reason, but if we are looking at "off brand" likes then I would say sappy love posts are more likely to be from the real Dan Howell.
I distinctly remember he said in one of his liveshows that he would like to use his tumblr account and all of his social media accounts to support more fanart, and he really did start picking up the pace and liking more fanart. So I think he just appreciates the art for the art. Much of the popular art posts seem to make it to his eyes but it's a mystery to me exactly how he browses these sites. Does he check @'s directed at him? Can he filter out the ones that have a certain amount of likes/retweets. Does he search for tags for entertainment?

I agree the tweet is very 'on brand' but I find it unusually explicit, bringing up loneliness and suggesting he's got nobody to cuddle up with in bed. Most of his 'on brand' Dannie Darko tweets just express a vague desire to die, as you would associate with teen emo culture in the mid '00s. It's always impossible to tell with Dan what exactly he likes just because he finds it humorous, what he does because he thinks it fits his online persona and what is really Dan.
If he did feel weary and blue that night, I hope it was a one off night and not an indication of more to come.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Stakhanov wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:38 am I distinctly remember he said in one of his liveshows that he would like to use his tumblr account and all of his social media accounts to support more fanart, and he really did start picking up the pace and liking more fanart. So I think he just appreciates the art for the art. Much of the popular art posts seem to make it to his eyes but it's a mystery to me exactly how he browses these sites. Does he check @'s directed at him? Can he filter out the ones that have a certain amount of likes/retweets. Does he search for tags for entertainment?
This reminds me of something i noticed when re-watching ditls recently. At the beginning of one (i'm p sure it was the london ditl) when they're eating breakfast and on their laptops, Dan was browsing the danisnotonfire tag on tumblr. Obvi this was years ago, but the fact that it was one of the first things he checked online at the beginning of the day makes me think its likely that nowadays he still checks his tag at least occasionally.

eta: i went back and checked and i was right, it was the london ditl. you can see a pretty clear shot of his screen at 1:25 where it says "tagged/danisnotonfire" in the address bar
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

🎶 The straws are aliiiiiive with the sound of deniiiiiaallll 🎶

So happy for Manila fans that the day has finally come, I hope they enjoy both vips and the show.

Speaking of
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
knq
lava lamp

Marianne and Charlie and that security guard whose had his arms crossed in the background for months but whose name I still don’t know are back!

I wonder if it’s strange to have affection for these people who I know nothing about and who haven’t chosen ‘fame’ the way Dan and Phil have, but I figure they’re an integral part of bringing Interactive Introverts to the world and I’m allowed to love them for that alone.
Also Dan and Phil are awake and at the right venue so things are going well!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

phanfckingtastic wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:38 am Speaking of
This is absolutely fine. :happytears:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

KatjaZoe wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:32 am
Stakhanov wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:38 am I distinctly remember he said in one of his liveshows that he would like to use his tumblr account and all of his social media accounts to support more fanart, and he really did start picking up the pace and liking more fanart. So I think he just appreciates the art for the art. Much of the popular art posts seem to make it to his eyes but it's a mystery to me exactly how he browses these sites. Does he check @'s directed at him? Can he filter out the ones that have a certain amount of likes/retweets. Does he search for tags for entertainment?
This reminds me of something i noticed when re-watching ditls recently. At the beginning of one (i'm p sure it was the london ditl) when they're eating breakfast and on their laptops, Dan was browsing the danisnotonfire tag on tumblr. Obvi this was years ago, but the fact that it was one of the first things he checked online at the beginning of the day makes me think its likely that nowadays he still checks his tag at least occasionally.

eta: i went back and checked and i was right, it was the london ditl. you can see a pretty clear shot of his screen at 1:25 where it says "tagged/danisnotonfire" in the address bar
Aha ok that's an interesting observation. Yea, they've done two Dan & Phil vs Tumblr vids, they are generally quite aware of what's going on in the fandom. You could say they do their own market research. Which would be a nicer way to frame their late night browsing binges ;) If i made vids and could make it my job I sure would be curious what people are saying and making too. It think the effects are a bit double. On the one hand I think it's good that they know what up in the most engaged, most vocal/expressive part of their audience. On the other hand, I do think it warps their view a bit about what their audience at large might think/ like about their channels and guides them in certain directions.
But I think they've long ago decided to focus on their most engaged audience. Makes sense in a lot of ways I guess. That's how you do successful world tours and sell merch. On the downside, you're a lot more bound to the perceptions and expectations of your most hardcore audience, even if it disagrees with the content your would yourself prefer to make etc.
liola
rankussy

Stakhanov wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:38 am
Amiaw wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:08 am
Stakhanov wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 pm Dan's latest twitter like. Not as sickeningly sweet and cute as some of his other likes but i found it very interesting, it doesn't just feel like a "lol this is my brand" I think it's more of a genuine reflection of how he might have felt (last night)
I think that is very "on brand" for Dan. If we are looking at his likes though and analyzing them though then i find his tumblr likes (also from yesterday) pretty telling - he liked some nice phan art that had him gazing fondly at phil and some other lovely art and in the last few days on instagram he also liked some lovely anniversary posts where people were gushing over their long term partners. Now it could be that he just saw some posts and liked them, maybe he didn't really have a reason, but if we are looking at "off brand" likes then I would say sappy love posts are more likely to be from the real Dan Howell.
I distinctly remember he said in one of his liveshows that he would like to use his tumblr account and all of his social media accounts to support more fanart, and he really did start picking up the pace and liking more fanart. So I think he just appreciates the art for the art. Much of the popular art posts seem to make it to his eyes but it's a mystery to me exactly how he browses these sites. Does he check @'s directed at him? Can he filter out the ones that have a certain amount of likes/retweets. Does he search for tags for entertainment?

I agree the tweet is very 'on brand' but I find it unusually explicit, bringing up loneliness and suggesting he's got nobody to cuddle up with in bed. Most of his 'on brand' Dannie Darko tweets just express a vague desire to die, as you would associate with teen emo culture in the mid '00s. It's always impossible to tell with Dan what exactly he likes just because he finds it humorous, what he does because he thinks it fits his online persona and what is really Dan.
If he did feel weary and blue that night, I hope it was a one off night and not an indication of more to come.
Sorry just butting in to say I'm 99% sure that was Phil who said that in a liveshow last year, not Dan. Dan has always liked lots of fan art across the platforms, Phil specifically said he would've liked to use his tumblr more but had gone over the whole "cute dog reblog" phase and would've liked to start showcasing some art (and he did for a while reblog some and not just like)
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Stakhanov
haru pillow

I can't look it up now at work :| and i hate going through hours of their liveshows just to find that one relevant quote but I think Dan said it too. It's a good while back. Maybe i'm totally mistaken, but I don't even watch Phil's liveshows with rare exceptions and I can hear his voice saying it. But memories are always tricky no doubt about that :sideeye: I'll try find it (maybe later today when I get home) and link it if i find back.

Yes he certainly liked fanart years back to but he does like it a lot more frequently now. I'm glad he enjoys it. He's helping me build that fanart folder :mrgreen:
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Something isn't quite right here :sideeye: Awaiting more info...
Ablissa
pastel persona

My friend showed me this picture on twitter, and I haven't seen the original post, but I'm just like ??? context??? I really wonder how that m&g went down.

autumnhearth
senpai

Thank you @rizzo for the ls recording! And thank you @watsonian and @itasca00 for those great timestamps, there were definitely things I missed. I loved the mood they were in, sleepy Phil was trying his best and adorable and Dan was very enthusiastic. I was both chill and energetic and I’ll probably end up watching it again.

Dan has said recently (in response to the burlesque bunny fan art) that he will like anything that makes him smile/laugh. I think that applies both to his Tumblr and Twitter likes. I don’t think that loneliness post is a reflection of his (then) current lonely mood, I think he just found humor in it.

Wow it still amazes me how bold some fans are.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm sure Dan was super lonely in that single king sized bed in Palm Cove. My heart goes out to him, only able to express his loneliness through twitter likes that only his fans with truly objective vision see is the real him. The rest of us plebs will just go about lapping up the fanservice like Phil laps up the D. But not Dan's D - because Dan is too lonely for that.

I can't embed but their insta stories today are fucking adorable and idk why but Dan's bad typing in the last taste test one totally cracked me up.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean but if you scratch away the sarcasm I think you have an unfairly negative view of fans who don't have your "truly objective vision", calling them plebs and suggesting they're just all about Phil making a joke about lapping up the D.
Dan and Phil have truly ruined vitamin D for everyone :mrgreen: They can barely go a week without making some kind of joke or pun about "the D", it must be a constant orgy over there :-)

Hm, I'm very curious to find out if they will be playing with the regular set tonight. We'll find out soon enough I guess. If there's differences in the set, their whole explanation for cancelling the show on the 12th needs revisiting, because that wouldn't make any sense anymore, unless new information and context surfaces.
liola
rankussy

Or they have sex with the regular, which seems to be kind of a thing for long term couples with sexual desires and attraction for each other but that's just an opinion I guess

An orgy is truly more logical, especially if we consider the obvious love of Dan for casual sex and partners, truly

Phantasy
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:27 pm I'm sure Dan was super lonely in that single king sized bed in Palm Cove. My heart goes out to him, only able to express his loneliness through twitter likes that only his fans with truly objective vision see is the real him. The rest of us plebs will just go about lapping up the fanservice like Phil laps up the D. But not Dan's D - because Dan is too lonely for that.

I can't embed but their insta stories today are fucking adorable and idk why but Dan's bad typing in the last taste test one totally cracked me up.
Dan demanding Phil to “stick it in your mouth” is my new everything.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

You think an orgy is truly more logical? Interesting take. I'm not sure what to think If they were a couple they look very happy together and I don't see to much that would suggest they are in an open relationship and comfortable with it. That's a valid choice ofc, it's just that only a small minority of couples tends to organize their relationship like that so it would be unusual. No way to tell really. Another assumption a lot of people carry (and i would) is that their relationship is basically good and they've never split up or aren't in some kind of flashlight relationship.
Dan strikes me as a pretty sensual guy, but then everything I know of him is warped by what he decides to put out there as entertainment. It would be a bit creepy really if in real life he would make the same amount of puns/sex jokes a minute as in the video's we get :lol: One thing that looks a lot more likely to me, as I know plenty of real-life examples, is that Dan and Phil are guys who talk and joke about sex like they're full time gigolo's without their talk being much of genuine reflection of their actual sex life. If they walk the walk again I'm kind of scared because the BDSM/furry/fetish jokes are of the charts :twisted:
liola
rankussy

Stakhanov wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:18 pm You think an orgy is truly more logical? Interesting take. I'm not sure what to think If they were a couple they look very happy together and I don't see to much that would suggest they are in an open relationship and comfortable with it. That's a valid choice ofc, it's just that only a small minority of couples tends to organize their relationship like that so it would be unusual. No way to tell really. Another assumption a lot of people carry (and i would) is that their relationship is basically good and they've never split up or aren't in some kind of flashlight relationship.
Dan strikes me as a pretty sensual guy, but then everything I know of him is warped by what he decides to put out there as entertainment. It would be a bit creepy really if in real life he would make the same amount of puns/sex jokes a minute as in the video's we get :lol: One thing that looks a lot more likely to me, as I know plenty of real-life examples, is that Dan and Phil are guys who talk and joke about sex like they're full time gigolo's without their talk being much of genuine reflection of their actual sex life. If they walk the walk again I'm kind of scared because the BDSM/furry/fetish jokes are of the charts :twisted:
How does it make you feel that I genuinely have no idea if your post is serious or not? I don't mean it to be rude but I genuinely cannot understand if you have fun trying to be the one person with the opposite opinion going against anyone and overlooking what someone is saying.

You're the one that implied they must have orgies or there's no other explanation, and I'm just reminding you that no, the logical reason for them talking so much about sex is that they have that much sex. Which is something long term couples do, despite what society would make one think

I'm sorry but it's kinda tiring to have a conversation when it looks like you're completely ignoring the logical points some people bring out

lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

phanfckingtastic wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:38 am 🎶 The straws are aliiiiiive with the sound of deniiiiiaallll 🎶

So happy for Manila fans that the day has finally come, I hope they enjoy both vips and the show.

Speaking of
first of all, how dare HE
Ablissa wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:39 am My friend showed me this picture on twitter, and I haven't seen the original post, but I'm just like ??? context??? I really wonder how that m&g went down.

and secondly, ?????????????????????????????????????????????i need answers??????????????????????
"you are next to me in my life"
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Your exact words @liola :
"An orgy is truly more logical, especially if we consider the obvious love of Dan for casual sex and partners, truly"

Well excuse me for taking your words at face value here. I thought you were genuinely suggesting that as an option. It's not an impossibility after all, there are swinging couples out there and we know shit about their private lives. If we are going by what they have formally said themselves, they're not a couple. I get that's not how the vast majority of regular posters see their relationship, but I interpreted your statement with an open mind and coming from a totally different understanding of what would be their assumed 'nomal sex life'
So not to be rude but how do you feel that I took that as your actual opinion and not as meaning the exact opposite, which you now ask if I'm serious about?

I don't see what I'm overlooking here. Where did I ever say orgies where the only explanation? That was in response to a post which I, unlike yours, did interpret sarcastically since it contained a lot of hyperbole such as: "The rest of us plebs will just go about lapping up the fanservice like Phil laps up the D. But not Dan's D - because Dan is too lonely for that. "
So yea, in responded to that in similar vein thinking Dan and Phil surely must have a wild sort of sex life, with orgies and all, if Phil lapped up the D but not Dan's because he's lonely... not sure how my previous comments about Dan's like are supposed to be connected with something Phil said - in jest, i'd say- in the Rize stream but ok, it's always fun to speculate about their private lives. That's what half of this forum is anyway, we're all just picking and choosing what we think and believe their lives are like, and that's half of the fun for many too I imagine.

So ok, I stand corrected. Apparently you meant it totally sarcastically and wanted to point out that you believe they talk about sex that much because they have sex that much and that's what long term couples do but your logical point was not really clear since you stated the opposite. I wasn't ignoring you in the least though and in the interest of speaking clearly let me say that I think your opinion has merit, if I thought they were a couple to start with, but certainly not that logical that no other hypothesis is possible.
A whole lot of couples end up and continue with one or both partners cheating after all and unless you have special information that let's us verify what actually happens in their bedrooms we have precious little besides our imagination and perceptions of them to go with. After all if we're strictly being logical, they have said they DON'T have sex and aren't in a relationship. And they are the only ones who can know.
You don't believe them, that's fine, but if you already start from the assumption they're lying and you just know that's reality and that really they are closeted and must be a long-term couple having normal long-term couple sex, you're already way past the point where I think all the points you make are so logical I must be ignoring them to bring up another possibility.
liola
rankussy

Considering we've been interacting for months on this forum and I've stated my belief that they are indeed in a Long term loving romantic relationship multiple times, even "arguing" with you on it on multiple occasions, I think you pretended to not understand my sarcasm. Which is fine, we can both be petty here.

I think people lie when it comes to protect some thing they value and I like to look at the bigger picture made of actions that are not simple Twitter likes that every single one of us make even if something has nothing to do with us but is just funny. So yes, I can look past the obvious lies they've told, or do you also want to tell me you believe they met through a mutual friend because they said it a couple of times even though there was proof it wasn't like that and they themselves stopped lying about it at some point?

Re-read the posts and notice you were the first person to talk about an orgy and my comment was a sarcastic reply on how you'd rather joke about them having orgies than accept the possibility that people try to protect some things that they care about by lying and hiding, and Dan and Phil are nothing but humans who make mistakes and can definitely lie for a good cause, while I don't actively think they're horrible people trying to manipulate their fans for money and views as you constantly seem to imply.

EDIT to say that communication via writing can be hard and there are specific nuances and phrasing that help with sarcasm and my double use of the word truly was there to help conceive the sarcasm. This whole comment, however, is nothing but me expressing serious frustration.

Just to be clear.

knq
lava lamp

Oh my gosh their instagram stories this morning are everything.
That little interaction at the end makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it and I don't even know why.
D: Out of ten, man!
P: Six!
D: ... Cool.

Also 'put it in your mouth' and 'yaass' but I feel from an artistic standpoint that their blowjob references lose comedic impact with overuse. :ribena:

Double edit about the ring photo: nevermind :shrug:
Last edited by knq on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

:coffee: what is the mood for today, folks?
also phil is wrong about chocolate covered mangoes. those are good as hell.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl