Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

Looks like D&P held a m&g at the airport wow how nice of them and not at all fucking creepy of the stalker ‘fans’ who just happened to be there in a fucking group, totally cool :thanks:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

fancybum wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am Looks like D&P held a m&g at the airport wow how nice of them and not at all fucking creepy of the stalker ‘fans’ who just happened to be there in a fucking group, totally cool :thanks:
Yep, Dan looks thrilled in the 4th pic here and not at all like he’s been cornered into an impromptu m&g during his downtime
apologies for likely twitter embed fail, I’m on mobile
Last edited by alittledizzy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Ugh... I posted about this back around the Warsaw show, there were groups of people walking all around all sorts of touristy locations, searching for them, sitting at their hotel etc. Of course the airport too. Luckily for the boys, Warsaw is not that interesting and they never found them (at least not the people I heard of). Either way it's creepy.

Yes, I understand wanting to see them. I'd honestly give a lot to see them again because they're lovely. I would never group up with other people and almost ambush them at an airport though...
liola
rankussy

Just tweeted this and came here to wonder if anyone else thought how really not casual that look. They look cute as hell but like, they must be on tight schedule and having a full m&g with multiple pics and videos with an entire group must not be the best.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

That sucks. Dan and Phil were very gracious, as always, but at least one of the girls came with a note and what looks like a bracelet? for Phil. Like maybe, just maybe it was a coincidental run in and she had those in her backpack for VIP tomorrow... Anyway, they’re back in Singapore, that’s nice. All my dreams for a DITL are probably dead. They could have a day on both sides of their last three shows (for now). Maybe Mumbai, maybe. Or I guess Hong Kong. Or a make up Singapore DITL... probably too much to hope for.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

George wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:06 am
ame wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:30 am so, hes not kissing phils perse........
I have nothing intellectual to add, but the fact that perse literally means ass in my native language made this too funny.
woke up to this comment, now im brimming with laughter thanks

and for fan cultures in general, i could never agree with people intentionally "bumping" into a celebrity as if thats not called stalking at all...sure, if it was genuinely by accident, then thats fine - even then, if it happened to me, id either ask if they are busy or just not approach them at all. as a high-functioning depressed introvert with a baggage of anxieties, i know how tiring it feels when you bump into someone who wants to talk to you after a long day of work where you spent about 95% of your energy interacting with many people. i can only imagine dnp, who already have a tight schedule, feeling really exhausted. let them catch a break :/

(also is it just me or does the smilies work at all today? when i tried on clicking on it does nothing)
"you are next to me in my life"
littlemx
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: they/them

i checked the thread replies from the airport tweet and they rushed to the airport from school and waited around for quarter of an hour so... not an accidental run in :roll:

edit: just realised this is my first post. hi everyone! i've been a lurker for a couple months
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I saw this on twitter, it makes me wonder even more why they cancelled the first show now seeing as they had no set anyway....
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:05 pm Anyway, just dropping by to say that all my fears were unfounded. There wasn't even much rain today. The show went on despite our fears. I also did the m&g, and was so nervous, I made them wait because I wasn't able to prepare my phone to screen record meeting them (They were so patient with me). They're really tall (seeing as I'm just 5 ft exactly, they seemed like giants to me. I didn't even reach their chests and I was wearing heels already). :lol: Phil is so gorgeous irl, I almost swooned when I saw him. The show was awesome and I almost lost my voice shouting. :tu: This is just the happiest day of my life! I hope the memories stay with me forever. The stress of the past few days was worth it and more. I haven't been active here and in the Phandom in general for the past few months, but seeing them irl reminded me of why I loved them and this community so much. Hopefully, this will be the boost I need to return to the Phandom. :ribena: :platonic: Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day.

From the formerly bitter Filipino Phannie who is now a very satisfied, estatic, and overflowing with happiness Filipino Phannie. <3
Aww this is lovely :love2: welcome back, hopefully you'll stick around.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The lack of set on the 13th makes me actually believe more that it was set related. If they knew they wouldn't have it by the 12th but thought that maybe it would show up on the extra day then they gave it their best shot.

But of course, there could have been other factors.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:52 pm The lack of set on the 13th makes me actually believe more that it was set related. If they knew they wouldn't have it by the 12th but thought that maybe it would show up on the extra day then they gave it their best shot.

But of course, there could have been other factors.
I really don't believe the set was a factor, there was other shows that they didn't have half a set, or a whole set i think they were really tired and just cancelled a show personally, or booked flights which only gave them a few hours rest and they used logistics as an excuse
hello9217
flower crown

There are a lot more replies about the show last night but I think these two are the most important. I really don't see dan and phil, who performed a show with less than 50% of seats sold and did another outdoor show where it rained and half their set didn't work, would cancel a show just because they were tired. Especially given how many days off they had before this show where they could relax.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

hello9217 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:16 pm
There are a lot more replies about the show last night but I think these two are the most important. I really don't see dan and phil, who performed a show with less than 50% of seats sold and did another outdoor show where it rained and half their set didn't work, would cancel a show just because they were tired. Especially given how many days off they had before this show where they could relax.
I want to agree but like you said, they performed shows with less than 50% of seats sold and in the rain with the set not working, so why would the set not being there really stop them. If they rented screens they could have done so for both nights...
dc34
glabella

missemma wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:33 pm
hello9217 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:16 pm
I want to agree but like you said, they performed shows with less than 50% of seats sold and in the rain with the set not working, so why would the set not being there really stop them. If they rented screens they could have done so for both nights...
I think its what alittledizzy said, they probably assumed they wouldn't be getting it for the 12th, but were getting it for the 13th so they merged the 2 shows but then the full set wasn't there. The two instances you mentioned contained the actual set and for the second one the rain didn't start till I believe only 1 or 2 hrs before the show started, so canceling it the last minute wouldn't have been good.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

oh fucking yikies mcgee, airport stalking... stop that.........
apparently it wasnt a coincidence, they said they rushed down to the airport at 6... :?
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
sonicgreen
woodland creature

littlemx wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:13 pm i checked the thread replies from the airport tweet and they rushed to the airport from school and waited around for quarter of an hour so... not an accidental run in :roll:

edit: just realised this is my first post. hi everyone! i've been a lurker for a couple months
:welcome: Thanks for posting!
Yeah, I'm never a huge fan of the airport "meet ups". Luckily there have been a very rare few this tour- where it felt like they were being ambushed weekly during TATINOF.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

i could never do that and i understand the desire to meet them. i REALLY do! but... what's best? to never meet them or to actually stalk them when they are busy trying to catch a flight? i mean, you have to live with the fact that you BOTHERED two people but most importantly, you BOTHERED the two people you say you love the most and all! shouldn't you be wanting the best for them? even if it means backing off?
:gayaf:
animad
squish

phanfckingtastic wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:38 am
okay so sorry for bringing this back but i've been thinking about it and i'm honestly kind of surprised with the phandom's reaction to it. when i first saw it i cringed because asking them, especially to their face, that kinda question is a no-go to me because, imo, that is asking about something personal and something could make them uncomfortable (and myself tbh, then again i have zero desire to meet them and any interaction i did have with them would make me uncomfortable)

This isn't hate towards the person, just me wondering about boundaries and if anyone else had a similar reaction or am i just overthinking?
fancybum
senpai

animad wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:44 pm
okay so sorry for bringing this back but i've been thinking about it and i'm honestly kind of surprised with the phandom's reaction to it. when i first saw it i cringed because asking them, especially to their face, that kinda question is a no-go to me because, imo, that is asking about something personal and something could make them uncomfortable (and myself tbh, then again i have zero desire to meet them and any interaction i did have with them would make me uncomfortable)

This isn't hate towards the person, just me wondering about boundaries and if anyone else had a similar reaction or am i just overthinking?
lol I thought this was going to be about the m&g photos with the ring (was it meant to be an engagement pose, or..? The cringe got me and I had to scroll away before getting any context) but this seems ok to me. The fan was talking to Dan about how they both reacted as fans; relating their experience of meeting D&P to Dan's experience of meeting Phil, which seems like safe and neutral territory since it's no secret that Dan was a Phil fanboy and he hasn't shied away from that at all, especially in recent years. If the fan took it into relationship territory ('wow how bad did you want to bone Phil when you finally met in person') uh.. that'd be a different story. I guess it's kind of in a realm of things they don't discuss that much in specific terms though, so it seems a little bold (of the fan to ask and of Dan to answer), but overall I think it's pretty harmless and generic. But cringe isn't really something we can control, so I respect your reaction lol.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
autumnhearth
senpai

Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:41 pm i could never do that and i understand the desire to meet them. i REALLY do! but... what's best? to never meet them or to actually stalk them when they are busy trying to catch a flight? i mean, you have to live with the fact that you BOTHERED two people but most importantly, you BOTHERED the two people you say you love the most and all! shouldn't you be wanting the best for them? even if it means backing off?
I agree with you, I just bolded the above because from a brief look some of the girls profiles, they seem to meet lots of celebs (mainly bands) and one of them said something about younger her would be so excited (I’m paraphrasing but I took it as they aren’t as important to her now as they used to be). So :shrug: maybe it’s a hobby. :roll:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:24 pm
animad wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:44 pm

lol I thought this was going to be about the m&g photos with the ring (was it meant to be an engagement pose, or..? The cringe got me and I had to scroll away before getting any context) but this seems ok to me. The fan was talking to Dan about how they both reacted as fans; relating their experience of meeting D&P to Dan's experience of meeting Phil, which seems like safe and neutral territory since it's no secret that Dan was a Phil fanboy and he hasn't shied away from that at all, especially in recent years. If the fan took it into relationship territory ('wow how bad did you want to bone Phil when you finally met in person') uh.. that'd be a different story. I guess it's kind of in a realm of things they don't discuss that much in specific terms though, so it seems a little bold (of the fan to ask and of Dan to answer), but overall I think it's pretty harmless and generic. But cringe isn't really something we can control, so I respect your reaction lol.
I'm just gonna go the +1 route to fancybum's response. Acknowledging Dan as a fan of Phil's feels fine to me; Phil Trash #1 is his origin story and all that. But I also get that some things will make people cringe that seem fine to other people and that kind of scenario could easily take a step to the side into discomfort if the wording were a bit different or their reaction a bit more uncomfortable. I watched it the first time kind of preparing to cringe, and pleasantly surprised when it didn't happen.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:28 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:41 pm i could never do that and i understand the desire to meet them. i REALLY do! but... what's best? to never meet them or to actually stalk them when they are busy trying to catch a flight? i mean, you have to live with the fact that you BOTHERED two people but most importantly, you BOTHERED the two people you say you love the most and all! shouldn't you be wanting the best for them? even if it means backing off?
I agree with you, I just bolded the above because from a brief look some of the girls profiles, they seem to meet lots of celebs (mainly bands) and one of them said something about younger her would be so excited (I’m paraphrasing but I took it as they aren’t as important to her now as they used to be). So :shrug: maybe it’s a hobby. :roll:
i didn't check her profile but thanks for the details! :) then i agree with you, since you said she seems to meet 'lots' of celebs, it kinda looks like it's a hobby!
and if they're not as important for her, than why bother? maybe it's just my perspective but i could never understand why going out of your way to meet someone (and bother them in this case) if they're not that important?
im sorry if i sound harsh, it just makes me so mad! this is so rude and so inconsiderate
:gayaf:
ratlad
angel bean

i really cannot believe that the tour is almost over. right before it began i felt like it was gonna be extremely slow, but we got some good content and interactions.
this is the first time i could actually talk to friends consistently and get excited about dnp without feeling like an annoying outcast! i never really found a comfortable place in the phandom where i was interested in sticking to before last year when i began lurking on here.
i felt like i was always just watching from afar for 7 years and going in and out groups for a bit. i can't wait to spend the holidays (including halloween) actively discussing cute dnp shit with u all. why did i just decide to be sappy at 6:30 pm? dunno. i had a rough day and i am taking it out with softness.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ratlad wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:25 pm i really cannot believe that the tour is almost over. right before it began i felt like it was gonna be extremely slow, but we got some good content and interactions.
this is the first time i could actually talk to friends consistently and get excited about dnp without feeling like an annoying outcast! i never really found a comfortable place in the phandom where i was interested in sticking to before last year when i began lurking on here.
i felt like i was always just watching from afar for 7 years and going in and out groups for a bit. i can't wait to spend the holidays (including halloween) actively discussing cute dnp shit with u all. why did i just decide to be sappy at 6:30 pm? dunno. i had a rough day and i am taking it out with softness.
+1 to all of this

i mean, most of me is excited that the tour is almost over mainly because its pinof season (also halloween baking, gamingmas, etc.) im ready to soak up all that juicy content. also its really fun being able to freely talk about dnp and not have to explain their background or filter myself.
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean

ame wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:35 pm
ratlad wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:25 pm i really cannot believe that the tour is almost over. right before it began i felt like it was gonna be extremely slow, but we got some good content and interactions.
+1 to all of this

i mean, most of me is excited that the tour is almost over mainly because its pinof season (also halloween baking, gamingmas, etc.) im ready to soak up all that juicy content. also its really fun being able to freely talk about dnp and not have to explain their background or filter myself.
yes exactly!!!! even thinking about summing up who dnp are to me is exhausting bc theres.. so ..much. i only have one person i can talk about dnp to irl and that's my sister lmao. she doesn't even watch them but she knows the very basics of their history and thinks of them as cute long-term boyfriends. where is the lie?
her girlfriend watches them but i don't talk to her much cause they're long distance so i feel like i don't know her well enough to scream about them with her.

i can already feel the warm fuzzy feelings leading up to all of the things they have in store for us
animad
squish

@alittledizzy and @fancybum for explaining, I had not thought of it like that. definitely makes me feel better about it, I'm glad the interaction seemed respectful even if it's a little close to that line for my liking still.

(Though definitely not as close as that ring photo OR stalking meeting them at the airport lol)