Dan & Phil Part 76: i can't i don't have legs

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i burst out laughing when the greatest plot twist of the century happened at the end.
i would have also made that same mistake unknowingly tbh.
that's our dan.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

The video made me actually laugh which doesn't happen much with the sims, but I definitely have to rewatch because the only thing I was focused on is how fucking gorgeous Phil looked, a whole nutritious meal, 100% organic, delicious.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I feel like I was just talking the other day about how Dan and Phil probably get sent loads of free shit and they literally never talk about it. And now... here we are. A $2,100 laptop.

What's that like? Like... I'd like to live that life.

Anyway. This was a really lovely and hilarious video. I can't believe Dan dropped the wrong Pancake off in space. I was CACKLING.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

the second part was funny, the end was.... magnificent! (even tho i thought when they went in space that dan had made a mistake) i feel like i laughed like i never laughed before while watching a sim video
dan stop saying 'what did we do' it's what do YOU do !!

phil giggling at his own boob joke was amazing (even more when he's been saying even more innuendos recently without laughing that much, no?)

nice video, i'm gonna rewatch the end right now
Last edited by Ataraxia25 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:gayaf:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I can't watch this, I keep having to rewind the first 10 seconds over and over because I forget to listen to them and only pay attention to how f****** beautiful they look :loveeyes:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

This video was the ultimate proof of something I've always thought: their funniest Sims vids are the ones where they end up messing with the Pancakes. I laughed out loud when they realized they sent the wrong one into space :rofl:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
phanfckingtastic
living flop

My thoughts on Phil are pretty much always:

I mean how beautiful does he look in that vid?
What a naturally funny man omg and I love how Dan follows him in videos, in terms of mood and tone. The bit about the alien's boobs was a perfect example. :lol:

(Can I say though that I'm bored af of the sims? I love the many anecdotes and insight it has provided and the teen gay drama episodes got me back but now there doesn't seem to be a lot more left to do, idk. I want them to start a new series.)
-

Out of so many tweets this tour, this one especially made me almost tear up. It makes up in my mind this image of a child Phil expectantly meeting his newly born soulmate, and for some reason destroys me.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
random
crusty sponge

Posting after lurking so much feels v weird lol. Anyway I really enjoyed this video. When they were hinting about something **crazy** happening, I kind of was hoping for a death in the family for the #drama. Or maybe another alien baby lol. So, when there were only 4 minutes left in the video and nothing super out of the ordinary happened I was like "Hmm", but then they left Eliza in space and I died laughing.

You guys are talking to a ghost right now. Hi, my name is [died laughing].
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I was so glad when Phil realised Dan’s mistake, that was so funny. Also the boobs :roll: They both look gorgeous and Phil’s shirt is hella pretty. Razer laptop, phew. Those are pretty. The alien planet was fun, I love the mushrooms and glowing pools. Fun video, especially Dil showering in the rain and Dab not batting an eyelid.
chatterbox
tol bean

I really enjoyed this video!
Cute outfits! Phil looks good in black! (I feel like they’ve been coordinating their outfits a lot more often recently and I love it – obviously matching D&P hoodies in the marshmallow roulette vid and Phil merch in the last Sims vid but also white in the Google Feud vid, red/bright colours in the Dumber Ways to Die vid, denim in the Bucket of Doom vid, and now this)

[3:45] Complaining about spending £20 on a Sims expansion pack as if they weren’t literal millionaires playing it on a £1700 laptop that they got for free.

[4:58] Yes Dan call out that stupid unecessary gendering of inanimate objects!

[5:19] Phil the nudist/exhibitionist living vicariously through Dil

Phil reminiscing about his childhood ([3:05] teletext penpal and [7:52] pneumatics) and Dan making fun of him for being old is always really funny to me.

[10:05] Heart eyes/ love eyes moments are so commonplace now they barely feel worth pointing out but Phil’s soft voice just made this moment Too Cute.

[11:30] DnP making jokes about boobs was really… weird. Just weird. I’m so used to all the dick jokes by now that this somehow seemed more risque.

[20:03] Such a good and funny plot twist! Like the Sims is usually only worth watching for the bants, but I feel like this video actually had some pretty entertaining gameplay/plot as well.
Last edited by chatterbox on Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

That video was awfully hilarious. Great thing for me to wake up to as well. I'm so here for the incessant innuendos (what we're not going to talk about is how I actually laughed at Phil saying the alien had 'ET' sized boobs) that just seem to be on a steady climb with every video, and the ~crazy twist was funny and definitely a them thing to do. I love how Phil immediately went for showering in the rain when they went to interact with it too. I honestly think I saw my life flash before my eyes in the half second clip where Phil leaned back and moved his hands down before he touched wood on the table as I tried to piece together why he was doing that.

On the topic of free shit- seeing that made me think about how they really do probably get sent so much free stuff--especially when taking into account the fact that I see creators with a fraction of their sub count getting free shit (solicited and unsolicited) all the time--but they never talk about it? Idk if that's been talked to death on here before, but they hardly ever talk about free stuff companies send them unless it involves some kind of anecdote, which I find kind of interesting.
knq
lava lamp

Irrelevant comments:

Is Phil's hair wet, full of gel, or being subjected to weird lighting? Because I'm getting flashbacks to 90s spiky gelled hair and I am not okay. That is a part of my life I never want to relive.

Which hotel is this? Are they sitting on lawn chairs?
ratlad
angel bean

knq wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:18 pm Irrelevant comments:

Is Phil's hair wet, full of gel, or being subjected to weird lighting? Because I'm getting flashbacks to 90s spiky gelled hair and I am not okay. That is a part of my life I never want to relive.

Which hotel is this? Are they sitting on lawn chairs?
my guess is the Brisbane 74th* floor hotel they shared with m&c

also, pétit does not have an 'e' at the end of it if we're speaking french here, Daniel.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Petite would end in an e if it's referring to someone female, but Pettit is a different word.
yeetussy
glabella

Blah blah good gaming video yadda yadda boobs comment

Okay now that I got that out of the way: G O D PHILLY IS A BEAUTIFUL, BEATIFUL MAN

I want to officially thank that hotel for the best lighting ever because I’m actively drooling sksijshsjd
Ablissa
pastel persona

The video was good, I didn't even know you could go to space in The Sims. I don't think the Eliza thing is that big a deal, if they go to play as the Pancakes, can't they just order her to go home? I loved them throwing shade at the fact that the weather expansion is reaaally expensive.
Phil did his little "hitting Dan" thing again, and considering the amount of times we've seen him do it in videos, I'm starting to wonder if this is something he does in his daily life outside of camera. It's a cute thought <3

Honestly, I spent most of the video just staring at them. They both look beautiful in their monochrome, matching outfits and Phil's shirt is perfect. His hair is perfect. His whole face is perfect. Phil is perfect.

Anyway, yeah, prior to posting I edited this like 5 times to not sound like a crazy phillie but I guess that is what I am now and I have to own it.
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Two things:

- Phil's legs/shoulders in that photo confirm we've had enough of the jokey calendars and if they truly want that forever home soon, they need to release an artsy suggestive 2019 calendar (I mean if insipid twink ass Troye S. does millions of those photo shoots... :sideeye: ). Trying not to be too superficial bc Phil's absolutely the whole package (in every sense ;) ), but come on, give us serious lethal model!d&p, just once!

- Thank god tour is almost done because the spoilers are great but also not enough. I'm going to need the ii film like, next month. k, thanks. :tu:
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

lmao the alien boob part was hilarious. I love how amused phil gets by his own jokes, and also dan's reaction to that joke
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Quick and dirty highlights from me:

- Phil's pointing out that Tabitha is Dalien's mum and biology isn't the most important thing.
- Dan assuming any roleplaying teen Phil would have done would have been gay (the you be Spike, I'll be Angel comment).
- Dan asking Phil if 'we' bought this.
- Dan rejecting the gendered chairs.

[
chatterbox wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:11 pm I really enjoyed this video!
Cute outfits! Phil looks good in black! (I feel like they’ve been coordinating their outfits a lot more often recently and I love it – obviously matching D&P hoodies in the marshmallow roulette vid and Phil merch in the last Sims vid but also white in the Google Feud vid, red/bright colours in the Dumber Ways to Die vid, denim in the Bucket of Doom vid, and now this)

[3:45] Complaining about spending £20 on a Sims expansion pack as if they weren’t literal millionaires playing it on a £1700 laptop that they got for free.

[4:58] Yes Dan call out that stupid unecessary gendering of inanimate objects!

[5:19] Phil the nudist/exhibitionist living vicariously through Dil

Phil reminiscing about his childhood ([3:05] teletext penpal and [7:52] pneumatics) and Dan making fun of him for being old is always really funny to me.

[10:05] Heart eyes/ love eyes moments are so commonplace now they barely feel worth pointing out but Phil’s soft voice just made this moment Too Cute.

[11:30] DnP making jokes about boobs was really… weird. Just weird. I’m so used to all the dick jokes by now that this somehow seemed more risque.

[20:03] Such a good and funny plot twist! Like the Sims is usually only worth watching for the bants, but I feel like this video actually had some pretty entertaining gameplay/plot as well.
Also love these timestamps!! :tu:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh dear, Daniel :rofl: Philip, what hath you wrought. That paint looks like blood, but I’m sure it wasn’t really that painful.

+1 vote for the suggestive calendar. I realised the other day we’re on September, the year has gone fast.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ok, I normally hate the sims but this video got some good laughs from me.
The little mumbled, "did we pay for it?" was hilarious, those packs are so expensive :lol:
Also genuinely laughed at the Eliza mistake.
(+ some phil thirst because he was looking like a whole Meal today oops)
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

I must say, waking up to a brand new DanAndPhilGAMES video is a great way to start the day! I’m also surprised it actually came so soon after the last one. Here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed was that Dan is a shiny boy today. The hotel room also looks nice and spacious.
  • [0:00] Dan has a very low opinion of worms.
    Dan: *does a dorky dance move*
    Phil: Hello, DanAndPhilGAMES worms…
    Dan: Okay, wow, that’s offensive. Calling them limbless, eyeless, dirt-nibbling, slime...
  • [0:44] Phil’s still talking about threesomes.
    Dan: ...forever altering the Pancakes household to have two Elizas.
    Phil: Double Pancake action in that house... It’s what I said last time.
    Dan: Exactly. Th--That w--That was--That was on the--the shelf that you’re not supposed to…
    Phil: You know. You know. Look at Bob’s eyebrow raise.
    Dan: No, Bob remembered which Eliza was the real one.
  • [1:50] Dan talks about how everyone thought The Sims series would end. This was initially jarring to me because I always think of The Sims as a series that will never end. But, of course, all things must end eventually, and Dan likes to think about and discuss such things.
  • [2:46] Their reaction to the news that Dab has a penpal. My reaction to their reaction was, Woah, calm down, guys! Writing someone a letter is not cheating. For goodness's sake! Also, Phil has a fun story about a childhood penpal on Teletext.
    Phil: Who is this penpal? Does Evan need to hear about this?
    Dan: Dab, you have a P.P. on the side-izzle that you’re not telling us about? Who are you roleplaying with on the internet?
    Phil: I once had a penpal.
    Dan: Did you roleplay with them? [unintelligible] “I’m gonna be Angel. You can be Spike.” *snorts*
  • [3:52] Dan and Phil on the weather expansion.
    Dan: Did we pay for it?
    Phil: Yeah.
    Dan: How much was it?
    Phil: A lot.
  • [3:59] Dan and Phil on God.
    Dan: God is saying, “It’s--:
    Phil: He’s not!
    Dan: “Look, it’s raining.”
    Phil: Do you know what God is saying?
    Dan: What?
    Phil: Hey, Dan and Phil, you forgot transformation of the day again, and I’m gonna leave a comment saying you forgot it.
  • [4:59] Theirs and theirs chairs.
    Phil: Put it next to it. It’s like a his and hers.
    Dan: That is litera--Oh, yeah. ‘Cuz we love gendered chairs. Don’t we?
    Phil: Just put the gendered chair down.
    Dan: Oh, you get to sit on the blue chair. The blue chair. *gags?* That’s my opinion.
    Phil: Oh, my gosh. Dan for President.
  • [5:28] Dil exposes himself to the neighborhood, and Dan has apparently already decided that Dab and Evan are going to get married.
  • [7:52] Phil’s...interesting story of doing pneumatics at school.
  • [9:04] Dan sticks his tongue out, then screams. I love me a good Dan scream.
  • [9:56] What is happening here?
    Dan: He’s literally going down the Doctor Who method of sticking your screwdriver in the screen and then “bloopity bloop” it did the thing, and now it works.
    Phil: I mean, it worked for Doctor Who.
    Dan: It did work for the Doctor.
    Phil: *brings his fist close to Dan’s face* “Bloopity bloop” Oh, and look. Now Dan is better.
    Dan and Phil: *stare at each other*
    Dan: *makes a (explosion?) noise*
  • [10:59] Dan screams again. :D
  • [11:25] Dan and Phil on boobs.
    Phil: I think it’s “Petite.” It’s not “Pettit.”
    Dan: It’s not spelt “Petite.” That is “Pettit” right there. I love that Dab--Dalien is just like...
    Phil: They are not petite pe-tits anyway. Are they?
    Dan: *looks at Phil*
    Phil: They’re very voluptuous.
    Dan: I was gonna call you out, but, I mean, Jesus Christ.
    Phil: Wow.
    Dan: I don’t know what they got going on on that alien planet, but...
    Phil: Size double E-T.
    Dan: ...they are--they are [unintelligible]. Ugh, shi--f--.
  • [21:11] Dan loses it after he realizes that he’s sent Eliza instead of Erika to the alien planet (for good?). There’s more screaming. :D
  • [22:51]
    Phil: And before we go, you might want to talk about this thing on your head. *taps Dan’s hat* As, the tour merch is on dan and phil shop.
    Dan: Right. Okay, I thought you were talking about my hair or something, and I was going to get offended.
  • In the video description of the last gaming video, merch links for both Dan and Phil were danandphilshop.com, which I thought was weird. This video, Dan’s is shop.danielhowell.com, but Phil’s is still danandphilshop.com. They also say tour merch is available at danandphiltour.com. Someone’s been awfully careless with their links...
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I loved that video with my entire being. :rofl: <3

My unfunny commentary:
- Oh cool a gaming laptop! Just the thing they need for all those Flash games. :thumb:
- A few episodes ago we were just waiting for Dab and Evan to get it on and now we watch Dil turn into an evil genius. As The World Turns is quaking.
- Keep Your Holes And Wood Touching To Yourself. An inspirational Pinterest wall quote.
- lol plz you don't care for Dalien. The only Sim you give less of a shit about is Tabitha.
- Babes, just because you two have no human interaction other than with each other doesn't mean Dab and Evan gotta be that way.
- "This is gonna make me sound old." lol fuck I guess kids these days really wouldn't know what Teletext is huh?
- This video is worth it for the exchange about the price of the weather extension alone. Dan seems to have caught some of Phil's... quirks. :moneybath:
- bUt PhIl YoU cAnT sEt DaN oN fIrE!!!!!11 cAuSe hE's DANISNOTONFIRE!! xDDDDDDDD
- The game trolls Deppy by turning a chair into a nicer chair. That's what you get for complaining about the price of the extension, you rich bastards.
- omg D&P are really gonna be the type of parents who allow their kids to skip class for bullshit reasons.
- The theme of this episode is Phil Is Old.
- I always wonder what Kathryn thinks of the 'your mum' jokes.
- Phil is still trying to make Dan a better person uwu true luv.
- "They are not petire tits anyway are they?" uhm he didn't just-
- "Size double ET" :dead:
- Why is Phil excitedly hitting Dan so darn cute?
- Glad that they still remember their humble roots of fighting random chicks in bars.
- Those British colonizer genes are strong huh.
- That squid thing is creepy as fuck.
- Game is still trolling with chairs. They should sacrifice some more money from their house with koi pond fund and buy another extension to appease the EA Gods. :shrug:
- L M A O they left the actual Eliza instead of the clone. The Pancakes deserve better neighbors tbh.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Swiping this from my favorite source of Dan and Phil introspection, @idk.
Damn this is so true. It's one of those things where it's like, read between the lines, but the print between those links is like neon lit bolded and underlined.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Absolutely loved the video, mainly for Phil’s comment about the tits (& the fact he used the word tits and not something more childish). I simply love it when he covers his face with his hands and does the childish laugh. More of this Phil every video please. Also 10/10 for the shirt.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: