Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Daily appreciation for 2018 Phil being out there, living, thriving
EDIT: wow, great top of the page post there Lia :roll: :oops: :philtrash:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I freaking loved the new vid, it was nice watching them play a proper game for a change :lol: .

No but really, when I saw it was a #spon I was like 'meh' but it turned out to be hilarious and I just love when they work together as a team, it's one of my favorite things.

Also.. they said and did a LOT of stuff that would've made me scream into the void two years ago, but now i'm just accepting that this is the new normal and i'm living for it.

By the way, I need to see Phil in a maid costume, please and thank you.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m here for the Kawaii Boys/Kute Boys on Tour in their cosplay with guns. Glad that it was weirder than Dan had hoped. The gameplay/banter felt very natural, nothing forced nothing awkward even though it was a spon and the starting without clothes was a clickbait move. Good viddy!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

The title scared the life out of me when I saw the notification but I loved the video so much!
The line about role playing had me laughing out loud my poor dog had a jumpscare
definitively one to rewatch quite a few times
knq
lava lamp

I’m not sure why but I’m just not here for this especially sponny feeling #spon with its silly clickbaity title. I did appreciate how excited they were once they realized they were winning. Maybe I’ll like it more on a rewatch if I just skip the first half?

Really though:
4:00 D: wow look no fps drop on mobile
4:01 *visible fps drop*
:facepalm2:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

never in my life did i even predict dan and phil playing pubg and uploading it as a video, i legit thought they wouldve played the pc one but mobile sounds about right. and again, im reminded that dan is a pretty good gamer...i feel like i want to see him play more of the "mainstream" games (akin to what you see mark and jack upload - i know they have different preferences in the games they play, but you get my gist) just to see what he thinks of it. though, he probably plays a lot more in his own time and i wouldnt be surprised.

i can see that he is definitely knowledgeable in certain aspects with how he bob and weaves constantly so as not to be an easy target or how he aims and shoots rather than shooting aimlessly in a panic. he knows the basic strategies like keeping the door closed to trick other people that the house is empty etc. dan acknowledging how hard it is to win a chicken dinner on pc is actually legit since theres a lot more dedicated and experienced players there (not to mention the hackers).

phil on the other hand is most definitely a wild card. sure he plays other games too but i feel he is more of a mobile type gamer. its i want to see him in more competitive online multiplayer games /crosses fingers/ now i really wanna see them play pubg on pc....

in other news, i get it.
you guys are into roleplay sex. i understand.
please, i GET IT YOU GUYS I GET IT NOW STOP (no dont). :garbage:
"you are next to me in my life"
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Kute boys on tour? I’m living for this. My favourite video this year, love the game, love them playing it, love their bants. Also I loved the names at the end AmazingChicken and dinnerisnotonfire! So funny ❤️
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
starwatersong
phabergé

Word on Twitter is the video got demonetized — anyone seeing any ads?

:shock:
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

As others have said, this video was FULL of one liners. Here are some of my faves:
  • [1:37] Phil the pun master is here, and he's exposing some of his bare chest to us all.
    P: Also, I wore this specially because it is a pug T.
  • [2:19] A window into Dan's mind:
    D: I feel like I need a gaming mode but for life.
    P: What is that?
    D: So I can just turn it on, and, then, nobody can call me or text me. And then, also, my network is boosted mentally--
    P: Yes.
    D: --for the video game, lest I’m thinking about anxious things--
    P: That would be good.
    D: --like cringe attacks from ten years ago.
  • [2:46] Are you kidding me, Phil?
    P: Is there no crotch protection?
  • [2:54] Lots of nice facial expressions from dear Daniel.
  • [3:21] Dan thinks Phil is copying him.
    D: I see what message you’re trying to send here, and I’m taking it as a compliment. *smiles at the camera*
  • [4:34] Great expression, Phil. I love it.
    P: Holy crapola!
  • [5:16] Hmmm. No comment.
    D: Now, let’s just gaily drift forward.
  • [5:36] Really, Phil?
    D: I am now sprinting naked across half the map to try to find you.
    P: Save me, Dad!
  • [6:51] Dan and Phil: One singular entity confirmed.
    D: Dan and Phil: King of all battle royales.
  • [8:02] Okay. Yes. Good.
    D: I think we’re both very kinky right now, Phil.
  • [8:32] Dan and Phil role play.
  • [12:12] Dan and Phil who? I only know the Kawaii Lads.
    D: Don’t mess with the Kawaii Lads! That’s what our clan’s gonna be called.
    P: Is that our new gang?
    D: Kute Bois. With a “K.”
    P: Kute Bois on Tour.
  • [13:51] Dan leaves Phil hanging on a high five, so Phil smacks him in the head instead.
  • [13:54] Mmhmm. Sounds about right.
    P: What are you doing?
    D: I’m just appreciating your...thighs.
    P: Stop it!
    D: That’s a very high skirt. It kind of makes me feel uncomfortable. I don’t know how I feel about this.
    P: Don’t shame me and my outfit choices.
  • [15:48] Dan and Phil both scream after winning.
  • [16:17] Phil's heading home, and a dog is on his mind.
    P: Dog that I don’t have yet.
  • [16:47] Dan and Phil on the OnePlus 6:
    D: It’s one thicc bih, pe--Actually, well, it’s very--
    P: It’s a thin bih.
    D: It’s very skinny.
  • [17:14] Something to look forward to on DanAndPhilGAMES:
    D: We’ll be, like, cosplay gamers that wear schoolgirl outfits and maid outfits while streaming--
    P: Yes.
    D: Whilst also serving the pro gameplay, which is the niche that not many other people have managed to get in.
    P: Totally.
    D: The future of DanAndPhilGAMES. There you go.
  • [17:39] Some closing words of wisdom:
    P: Don’t shoot people while wearing anime costumes.
    D: But do look good in skirts.
  • Their merch links in the video description are again both danandphilshop.com. What the heck?
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
sweetlyphan
delia smith

starwatersong wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:25 am Word on Twitter is the video got demonetized — anyone seeing any ads?

:shock:
I think it did., no ads for me!
:prideheart2:
mamaphan
delia smith

I loved that gaming video. They just are playing and having fun and no filter. I giggled when dan said somthing to the fact of two naked boys fighting in a pool and immediately thought of when they were in Jamaica playing like mortal combat style Dan vs Phil in the water.

Can’t believe another tour is almost up. I do hope they can go to tbd places. What a ride this has been.
I don’t remember who talked about not being the super best live experience but it is harder when you are older to find people to connect to. Not that they are not there but just harder to find. I did talk to an amazing person in the merch line so it was nice to talk with them. But this show for me was mainly about me going and supporting and experiencing Dan and Phil. So I was so happy I went. And yes online I have so much more connections and I am so happy and thankful for every one of you.
<3
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

mamaphan wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:51 am Can’t believe another tour is almost up. I do hope they can go to tbd places. What a ride this has been.
I don’t remember who talked about not being the super best live experience but it is harder when you are older to find people to connect to. Not that they are not there but just harder to find. I did talk to an amazing person in the merch line so it was nice to talk with them. But this show for me was mainly about me going and supporting and experiencing Dan and Phil. So I was so happy I went. And yes online I have so much more connections and I am so happy and thankful for every one of you.
<3
+1 to this. i think just in general life things, its much harder to find and meet people you connect with and being a workaholic introvert doesnt help either.
"you are next to me in my life"
vogonsrock
squish

Re the demonetisation thing. I don't think videos that are basically just one long ad for one sponsor usually have adverts? At least they didn't used to. Ones that just mention a product or service but are otherwise about different things tend to have normal ads in them, but I didn't think the type deppy gave us on this occasion did. Things could have changed without me noticing and I could be wrong though. I hope it wasn't demonetised, it was a work of art <3
vogonsrock
squish

Sorry for double posting, I've just checked out their Dragon City videos which are basically the same sort of thing and they have ads in, so my last post was probably complete BS.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i think it was immediately demonetized even before fully uploading, just based the title alone.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I just watched the video and I gotta say.... it's been a long, long time since I've enjoyed content that much and it's amazing that it also happens to be #spon.

I'm consistently impressed with their choice of sponsors. They must get plenty of offers, but (outside of the occasional $$$$$$$ tinder) tend to go with brands that really fit them. I mean, they're obviously iPhone people through and through, but a phone with a gaming setting just seems so them.

That aside, I just really loved the whole thing. This. video. had. everything.
  • Really quality roleplay-related bants.
  • Dan's opportunity to shine like the gamer he wants everyone to know he is.
  • Their combined, genuine enthusiasm about the game. (And Phil's scream at 14:13. We don't hear that very often.)
  • Teamwork that was successful!! In a legit, non-flash game!!! We hear about this regularly (see: Mario Kart) but never actually get to experience it. And now I just feel ALIVE.
  • Supportive Dan. ;_;
I'm gonna go rewatch. It just made me giddy.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

"dog that I don't have YET" :happytears:
noodlebum
flower crown

If only this video came out a week or two earlier, kute bois on tour could've been the new thread title! :)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I ended up getting a lot of questions yesterday on tumblr about how much the guys make from spon videos... I was surprised by the range in guesses people had. I personally think it's gotta be at least six figures and up(I put them a few rungs below Zoella in what they can feasibly ask for and she's reported to get around 300k per spon deal) but some people thought it was more like 5-10k based on what people like Tomska have said.

Anyone have thoughts/insight into this?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:47 pm I ended up getting a lot of questions yesterday on tumblr about how much the guys make from spon videos... I was surprised by the range in guesses people had. I personally think it's gotta be at least six figures and up(I put them a few rungs below Zoella in what they can feasibly ask for and she's reported to get around 300k per spon deal) but some people thought it was more like 5-10k based on what people like Tomska have said.

Markiplier has done mobile game spons for $10,000 and donated the full amount (according to him) to charity and posted the receipt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABNPNDxVJhY and https://imgur.com/FdYMXTb

I think Zoella is on a quite different level than DAPG. I don't watch her, so can you tell me what deals she got that much money for? A single video thing or more of a partnership thing?
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:47 pm I ended up getting a lot of questions yesterday on tumblr about how much the guys make from spon videos... I was surprised by the range in guesses people had. I personally think it's gotta be at least six figures and up(I put them a few rungs below Zoella in what they can feasibly ask for and she's reported to get around 300k per spon deal) but some people thought it was more like 5-10k based on what people like Tomska have said.

Beauty gurus spons are paid way way more than regular vlog videos, particularly if it's a big company. Someone in the beauty community who is also a brand owner (Makeup Geek) recently reported how she was asked for 60k for a dedicated video by one top influencer, and I think it goes only higher from that.

I think I remember when Best Fiend was doing the big spons waves they would pay between 5-10k, but that's a small fee compared to other bigger companies. Considering how picky they are with spons I'm assuming a big company like tinder could be in the 6 figures, but their usual spons definitely lower, like 30k? Cause you're paying two highly influencial people and the number will definitely be higher than Tomska (who doesn't have the same traction with his audience)

EDIT: I forgot to mention the sponsored link, because I couldn't remember if there was one but there is, which means that on top of the fixed fee they got for the spon, they will get a percentage of every transaction made through the link.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Beauty SPONS would be way more likely to pay big than a sponsored video for a mobile game. Cosmetic products are Not Cheap, so those brands would be able to put way more into advertising costs. But estimating deppy get up to 6 figures for some SPONS feels sUPer high, but what do I know?

Keep on making that money, boys. :moneybath:
Ablissa
pastel persona

sonicgreen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:04 pm Beauty SPONS would be way more likely to pay big than a sponsored video for a mobile game. Cosmetic products are Not Cheap, so those brands would be able to put way more into advertising costs. But estimating deppy get up to 6 figures for some SPONS feels sUPer high, but what do I know?
I think they were advertising the phone, not the game? So I would guess that they may have gotten more money out of this than their usual #spon.
Six figures feels like a lot to me too, but who knows? They may not have the highest view counts of all youtubers, but they have a super dedicated fanbase. I usually download whatever it is they're sponning just to give them another hit on it.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ablissa wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:06 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:04 pm Beauty SPONS would be way more likely to pay big than a sponsored video for a mobile game. Cosmetic products are Not Cheap, so those brands would be able to put way more into advertising costs. But estimating deppy get up to 6 figures for some SPONS feels sUPer high, but what do I know?
I think they were advertising the phone, not the game? So I would guess that they may have gotten more money out of this than their usual #spon.
Six figures feels like a lot to me too, but who knows? They may not have the highest view counts of all youtubers, but they have a super dedicated fanbase. I usually download whatever it is they're sponning just to give them another hit on it.
Oops, yeah I forgot the video wasn't a spon for PUBG... You're right that it would be higher then.
Not in the market for a random phone so I totally glossed over the spon part of the video

edited to add: i clicked on their affiliate link and yeah, its a $600 phone- they definitely made more than they would for a mobile app ad. :shock:
Last edited by sonicgreen on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I remember there being a youtube guide of some sort that people in some sort of youtube community made (hank green I think, I can't remember who else). This is very vague lol but does anyone else remember what I'm talking about? Anyways I remember as part of that whole guide, there was a section on what youtubers should expect to make from spon videos. It was basically to help new youtubers figure out what they should be charging for spons, how the whole spon negotiation worked, etc etc. I can't remember what the general calculation was (and of course the guide specified that there were other factors and that the spon amounts could vary), but I do remember figuring out that deppy would most likely be making at the very least about 50k on their spons, up to possibly in the 100k level. Obviously this was just my guess based on the guide thing, but that's my answer to what my thoughts are. I'll try to find and link that guide when I'm not on mobile.
Last edited by greenergrass on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.