Dan & Phil Part 77: getting that d........vitamin

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ratlad wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 pm they are cuddling under the fuzzy blanket together. im legally allowed to throw anyone who disagrees with me into the sun.

u know that picture dan showed in his Living My Truth video, where he's on his laptop on the couch, under his blanket? phil took that pic and he was also resting his head on dan's lap. nobody can change my mind, especially after all of the candid bf ig stories we got on tour from them. phil takes pictures of dan when he's not looking because he! is! pretty!
your posts has the same energy as this post:
liola wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:10 pm Since there isn't much to talk about, I present to you the new reason for my death and despair, as I cry into my hands at the loss I'm experiencing. Oh Phil, if you only had listened to your audience way, way sooner :wahh: :wahh: :wahh: :wahh: :wahh:

EDIT: why does the tumblr embedding feature hates me so much?
i just had to do a double take cz ive been so used to seeing phil in a quiff that ive totally forgotten his emo fringe, so when i saw these edits i just went "oh cool its a nostalgia post" as if hes had it since forever

but you know.....we couldve had it all
"you are next to me in my life"
Vsoftdnp
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

werewolfdjh wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:25 pm Anyone else think DNP are going to snap, and we'll enter a new era?

For example, the first "era" (with llamas, lions, etc.) ended with TATINOF (which was kind of a celebration of that first "era"). When they came back, we saw a change in content - and a change in Dan and Phil themselves (more mature, a different wardrobe, different hair). Once Mexico/Brazil II happens, do you think Dan and Phil will change themselves and their content again?

I saw a theory on Twitter (if anyone can link it, that'd be great! I can't find it :oops: ) that Dan's next video will be titled "Giving the People What Dan & Phil Want. Dan's last two videos were called "Giving the People What They Want" and "We Gave The People What They Wanted", so it would fit in well with his last uploads. Additionally, in the ii show
one of the questions was "Should the people get what they want or what Dan and Phil want?"
or something along those lines, so that might be foreshadowing to a new era where they're more honest.

On a different note, do you guys think Dan & Phil lost a lot of fans due to middle school girls aging out of the phandom or becoming k-poppies, leaving the older fans behind?

Your post got buried under all the money talk lmao :lol:
Anyways
I do believe that this could be a possible future Dan video, but Dan has said in a rize liveshow (was it rize one or two idk i just remember the lag) that he has loads of ideas, just not the time/motivation to film them
If this is the opening of a new era, it sure looks like it, what with ii ending and them picking up instagram stories? I don't see a significant change coming though, it's very vulnerable to present every little thing of yourself to the internet
these few months will probably be them experimenting and figuring out what they want to do after ii
the future is full of possibilities
I'm getting tired of this war of hearts
This competition that has no end
Do me a favour and cut the ties with that side-eyed glare of yours
That cuts through minds and wills
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

Vsoftdnp wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:40 pm
werewolfdjh wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:25 pm Anyone else think DNP are going to snap, and we'll enter a new era?

For example, the first "era" (with llamas, lions, etc.) ended with TATINOF (which was kind of a celebration of that first "era"). When they came back, we saw a change in content - and a change in Dan and Phil themselves (more mature, a different wardrobe, different hair). Once Mexico/Brazil II happens, do you think Dan and Phil will change themselves and their content again?

I saw a theory on Twitter (if anyone can link it, that'd be great! I can't find it :oops: ) that Dan's next video will be titled "Giving the People What Dan & Phil Want. Dan's last two videos were called "Giving the People What They Want" and "We Gave The People What They Wanted", so it would fit in well with his last uploads. Additionally, in the ii show
one of the questions was "Should the people get what they want or what Dan and Phil want?"
or something along those lines, so that might be foreshadowing to a new era where they're more honest.

On a different note, do you guys think Dan & Phil lost a lot of fans due to middle school girls aging out of the phandom or becoming k-poppies, leaving the older fans behind?

Your post got buried under all the money talk lmao :lol:
Anyways
I do believe that this could be a possible future Dan video, but Dan has said in a rize liveshow (was it rize one or two idk i just remember the lag) that he has loads of ideas, just not the time/motivation to film them
If this is the opening of a new era, it sure looks like it, what with ii ending and them picking up instagram stories? I don't see a significant change coming though, it's very vulnerable to present every little thing of yourself to the internet
these few months will probably be them experimenting and figuring out what they want to do after ii
the future is full of possibilities
i think theyre onto something with the "new era". while the change is not sudden, it is something that they have already been slowly getting us accustomed to. (is this dejavu cz im pretty sure i made a post about this already). so no, its not a "significant change" as compared to how they behave now - maybe just a minor change - but compared to 6~7 years ago? definitely a BIG change. like i said, theyre already gradually letting us get used to how things currently are so any new video alluding to this change will just set things in stone. if you think 20gayteen is wild, boy, 2019 is probably going to snatch our wigs.

i definitely think that seeing how dan is heavily into themes and insisting "the proper order" of things, he will continue or even conclude his recent real talk videos with something - more likely a video. he does have a flair for trilogies (the top dan memes, dan and phil crafts, etc.) and i believe that he will upload a third and final installment that ties "trying to live my truth" and "daniel and depression" together into a cohesive story. the reason why i feel like he keeps pushing back his next upload is that i think this video is that conclusion. sure, he may have lots of other ideas that he could easily record and edit, but if i try to put myself into his shoes, i feel like this is his way of making sure that he prioritizes this "third" video first. not allowing himself to create other possibly easier content is a choice that he actively made.

as for phil, it does seem a little suspicious that he hasnt uploaded anything for a while. still, this could be because they were busy with the tour but i do see a shift in his channel's relationship with openness. his quiff video may or may not be the catalyst, but it is certainly the start. he is now more open and confident with himself which is a sight to see indeed (goddamn it dan, you lucky boy) who knows what the future holds?

DISCLAIMER: i do not know what this next dan video is going to be (i can have guesses but ultimately, im not a psychic), and i will wait patiently for both og them to upload when the time is right. everything is just a speculation of mine and ill die whenever they upload regardless because its been 84 years dad
"you are next to me in my life"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I feel like this liveshow clip from 2013 is simultaneously a throwback and also still incredibly relevant to what kind of roadblocks Dan's struggling with now.

The thing is, with my videos, like my personal video style - once I've addressed a topic like, once I've made a video about something, I can never make a video about it ever again. You know what I mean? Because like I'll make a video about - whatever, reasons why Dan's a fail, and I'll tell all of you about my personal experiences with it, and I'll share some opinions and try to make a couple jokes. But then once I've made that video I can't ever go back. Because I've done it. So I was looking at this video and I was like - is this, is this everything I ever want to say about this thing? So I decided no, it's not good enough yet.
starwatersong
phabergé

Wow, took me a second to realize what was different about the pictures — I have become happily comfortable with Quiff Phil. <3 :stan:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Lovely. I didn't expect Dan to break his radio silence (though it's only been a day; I expected longer), but I guess you gotta spon that spon.
kavat
pastel persona

I'm mostly surprised he was up so early in the morning, but I guess the jet lag is to thank for that :bedtime:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

kavat wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:12 am I'm mostly surprised he was up so early in the morning, but I guess the jet lag is to thank for that :bedtime:
Same!

Or they are super busy with the movie already? Aiming for the cheesy release date of October 19th?
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:16 am Aiming for the cheesy release date of October 19th?
:shock: That would be perfect! But do they have enough time?
liola
rankussy

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:16 am
kavat wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:12 am I'm mostly surprised he was up so early in the morning, but I guess the jet lag is to thank for that :bedtime:
Same!

Or they are super busy with the movie already? Aiming for the cheesy release date of October 19th?
Speaking of cheesy, I imagined them posting it instead of pinof so that next year will be pinof 10 for the 10th anniversary

Yes, I'm sappy
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ablissa
pastel persona

liola wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:24 am
Same!

Speaking of cheesy, I imagined them posting it instead of pinof so that next year will be pinof 10 for the 10th anniversary

Yes, I'm sappy
They wouldn't dare skip pinof. The phandom would go insane :lol:
But honestly, if they release the movie on the 19th we will all go insane too. That would be so perfect.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Ablissa wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 am They wouldn't dare skip pinof. The phandom would go insane :lol:
But honestly, if they release the movie on the 19th we will all go insane too. That would be so perfect.
I have been idly wondering if they will do anything ‘special’ for Pinof 10. The hype is real and it’s still 2 months away :lol:
liola
rankussy

Ablissa wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 am
liola wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:24 am
Same!

Yes, I'm sappy
They wouldn't dare skip pinof. The phandom would go insane :lol:
They would never but one can dream, don't break my heart like this Abli :'(((

I dont wanna hype pinof, I'm just hoping for some cuteness and some gayness. So, typical

Ablissa
pastel persona

liola wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:52 am
They would never but one can dream, don't break my heart like this Abli :'(((

I dont wanna hype pinof, I'm just hoping for some cuteness and some gayness. So, typical
I'm sorry! <3
And to both you and @LadyLackless, I am always hyped for pinof, but I try not to get my hopes too far up. Pinofs are always good (at least the last few years), and every time around pinof time, I see people posting ridiculous expectations. I don't like to do that, I just wait and enjoy what comes. I would love it if they did something extra special for pinof 10 though, of course.

Anyway, a little unrelated rant: I kind of regret going on twitter more often, because there is drama about Dan following a photographer on instagram: Eli Russell Linnetz (don't visit at work, nsfw pictures)
Makes me wonder if either of the boys will ever be allowed to as much as look at a picture without everyone losing their marbles.
kavat
pastel persona

They are cheesy and last year they released Truth Bombs on October 19th. The movie would be great but that's a pretty tight time frame, I thought maybe TBC tickets would be released then? But we just have to wait and see :)

And I'd somehow forgotten that we're so close to pinof 10! Any bets on how many times they will refer to it being 10 years because they can't count? :D
glitterintheair
phillluminati

kavat wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 am And I'd somehow forgotten that we're so close to pinof 10! Any bets on how many times they will refer to it being 10 years because they can't count? :D
They're just itching to say that they've been in each other's life for a WHOLE DECADE and want to brag about it, leave them alone!!
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
kavat
pastel persona

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:48 am
kavat wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 am And I'd somehow forgotten that we're so close to pinof 10! Any bets on how many times they will refer to it being 10 years because they can't count? :D
They're just itching to say that they've been in each other's life for a WHOLE DECADE and want to brag about it, leave them alone!!
They really do like to brag about it, who am I do deny them that! But every year they go "omg pinof 8, it's been 8 years" but... No, that's not how it works, lads :facepalm:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Ablissa wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:02 am
Anyway, a little unrelated rant: I kind of regret going on twitter more often, because there is drama about Dan following a photographer on instagram: Eli Russell Linnetz (don't visit at work, nsfw pictures)
Makes me wonder if either of the boys will ever be allowed to as much as look at a picture without everyone losing their marbles.
yeah i saw that and it actually made me very uncomfortable to see every little thing linked to sexuality like that (i know it can be paradoxal because i'm talking about nudes) i saw people linking it to the boys' sexuality and it is infuriating
:gayaf:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ataraxia25 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm
Ablissa wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:02 am
yeah i saw that and it actually made me very uncomfortable to see every little thing linked to sexuality like that (i know it can be paradoxal because i'm talking about nudes) i saw people linking it to the boys' sexuality and it is infuriating
It's a celebrity photographer, of which Dan follows a few. Sometimes art is just art :shrug: people need to move on
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Hmm. Looks like Dan's been poking around. :shrug:
liola
rankussy

I wonder if Adrian being exposed on yYouTube as well made him want to do something about it or he just had time to snoop around now that he woke up at a functioning human being time?

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:37 pm I wonder if Adrian being exposed on yYouTube as well made him want to do something about it or he just had time to snoop around now that he woke up at a functioning human being time?
Yeah, idk? It kind of makes me happy though. I mean, I love the compilations, don't get me wrong. But I also am fine with Dan having regrets about things he's said in the past and wanting those comments less accessible. I don't hold that against him at all.
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:38 pm
liola wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:37 pm I wonder if Adrian being exposed on yYouTube as well made him want to do something about it or he just had time to snoop around now that he woke up at a functioning human being time?
Yeah, idk? It kind of makes me happy though. I mean, I love the compilations, don't get me wrong. But I also am fine with Dan having regrets about things he's said in the past and wanting those comments less accessible. I don't hold that against him at all.
That will eventually end with there being 0 content from him since he ends up regretting just about everything though.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:47 pm
That will eventually end with there being 0 content from him since he ends up regretting just about everything though.
... true. True.

I guess these feel different because I feel like they'd be specifically hurtful to other people and that might be the motivation for removing them. Otherwise, yeah. We're gonna have a Dan that exists only in the most recent three months or so.
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:51 pm
fancybum wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:47 pm
... true. True.

I guess these feel different because I feel like they'd be specifically hurtful to other people and that might be the motivation for removing them. Otherwise, yeah. We're gonna have a Dan that exists only in the most recent three months or so.
I kinda agree with you, it's obvious that not of those comments come from a negative look on a situation while he was experiencing said negative thoughts and I'm glad he's actively stepping out of that. Which doesn't mean they're deleted altogether, it's the internet after all, but he's taking action and that must mean something. I wonder if this will ever eventually tie in with that third-saga video we were speculating here earlier on