IDB Phandom Watch Fest #1 - Video Discussion

A permanent home for threads that will no longer be updated.
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Hey everyone!
This is our first Phandom Watch Fest. It will be sort of a test run and will hopefully be repeated soon!
Here is the thread with more information about this project: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1531
In this thread we will discuss the videos we watched, so keep project discourse and suggestions in the above thread please!
1. We gather here on the forum at one of the times listed below
2. Watch both the videos (feel free to make notes/timestamps as you're watching!)
3. Come and discuss on the forum
Schedule:
First group - start the video at 2:10 PM BST leaving time for everyone to make it here
Second group - start the video at 8:10 PM BST
The times don't suit you? Watch the videos today and come chat at any hour!

Videos:
The theme is newer vs older DAPG videos that have low views.
Discuss the differences, make timestamps or notes, list what you like or don't like - just chat! :)
- Newer video: Two RATS In The Kitchen - Overcooked 2!
- Older video: We Play Charades But This Time It's Phil's Turn

IMPORTANT!
Make sure you turn off Adblock and watch all the ads!

If you want to tweet while watching, that's totally okay, but please mostly discuss here!
I propose the hashtag #phandomwatch if we're using something :D

Lastly, if you were here and watched the videos with us, please let me know which time suited/didn't suit you by voting in this poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/16597952

All that said, discuss the videos below!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

IM SO EXCITED!
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Me too!!!! :)

I forgot to add this in the first post so I will add it here, this is handy if you don't know what time BST is.
http://www.timebie.com/timelocal/britishsummer.php

If you need help shoot me a PM!
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Hi!!! We about ready to start?
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Yeah! I hope we're all ready, let's start at 2:10 as I said in the first post in case someone comes in late :) so 7 more minutes!
kavat
pastel persona

Yay! I got my coffee, I got my snacks, I'm ready! :cheer:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm excited! :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ablissa
pastel persona

Okay, if you're here, start the first video nooow! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nv4x9pVIAY :cheer:
Remember to watch all the ads!
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Ok, just finished Overcooked. Are we going straight on to Charades, or discussing Overcooked first?
Ablissa
pastel persona

opendoor wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:37 pm Ok, just finished Overcooked. Are we going straight on to Charades, or discussing Overcooked first?
Let's go straight to Charades, otherwise the thread will get messy I think! But if you want to start discussing that's fine of course :) I'm watching Charades rn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kO_I-K88p8
hello9217
flower crown

Ok I finished them both because I have to head to work so I started at 2 so I'll leave my thoughts.

Overcooked: Firstly that intro and ending is fantastic. I hope that as they come back from tour gaming they managed to keep that laid back attitude they had.
I find this video so funny because during the second level they actually did really good without dan shouting but for some reason dan's like well screw that I'm going to start shouting again. Phil is so easily flustered so this obviously doesn't work. Even when dan was quiet, Phil could still barely do the level, but at least he didn't set anything on fire.
I know people disliked this video because of how stressful it is and I get that but I think dan and phil are so funny that it makes up for it. Their dynamics are polar opposites, dan strives off being in command and shouting orders while phil crumbles. It also makes me miss the overcooked livestreams, even though they became redundant after awhile.

Charades: Idk why but I remember disliking this video when it first came out. As I was re-watching it I cannot for the life of me remember why. It's so funny! Phil absolutely sucks at charades but he's cute enough that it makes up for how frustrating it is. He flails his hands around, mouths the words, and sometimes uses his lateral thinking to act out the prompts, which doesn't always work out. Also makes me really happy that he ditched the fringe
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

here is my clusterfuck of thoughts, sorry it's messy

overcooked 2
-poor phil during the 7th minute, he is so so stressed by dan
- 10:14 phil can't talk and 10:17 dan can't talk and the reactions when phil does it and when dan does it are very different i never realised

charades
- 0:48 : phil almost poking himself in the eye while trying to say "mental symbiosis" hahahaha
- the fringe is terrible in this quiff universe
- 2:17 phil miming someone lathering themselves in soap is way too cute
- 3:44 dan's accent when he says "tardis" and even the words before that
- on the overall, phil is WAY TOO CUTE in this video, is it even legal? maybe i should call the police
- omg this is like the fifth ad for a beauty product i want to die a little bit
- 6:36 "this was freaking between" i could listen to it over and over again
- 7:48 I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT PHIL MIMING SOMEONE SKATEBORDING! this is the best content of 2017 (with a cute "shut up" afterwards)
- phil's explanation of his whole thinking-miming process is... pure gold

also, i don't know what everyone is thinking but this was so funny! this phandom watch fest was such a good idea :love2:
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm done with both the vids and wow, I forgot how much I enjoyed both of these <3
I made timestamps for both as I was watching (my first timestamps woo) but I'll also say some general things about them both:

Overcooked 2
I really enjoyed Overcooked when they were doing livestreams. Dan gets super screamy, in this one too, and Phil is a flustered mess trying to accomplish something. I wonder if this is their real gaming dynamic in games like this or it's played up for the video, I guess it's a bit of both. They really need to stop skipping levels when playing games though :D
I don't get why this has such low views, maybe it's the stress factor (or maybe it's the general state of their channel, aw...), but it's a fun game and it's clear they like it.
0:43 – Dn discriminates people that don't use Celsius. I mean I get it, I also don't understand Fahrenheit.
1:39 Dan is doing some free #spon for Harry Styles. Phil wants to go on tour with him.
2:10 "one of our favourite games" I want the gaming livestreams to come back 
2:51: is that really what you wanted to say Dan
3:18 the intro ends. Only three minutes in <3
3:50: I'm not sure what Dan just said but it was definitely inappropriate so I like it.
4:35 "putting their willies in dead food" "…what did you just say" followed by the cutest laugh ever.
5:03 "I'll stir your mums yeast" I saw it coming and I still cringed. I wonder what their mums tink about this
5:23 they went there. They really went there.
5:45 someone please write this enemies to lovers AU where Dan is Gordon Ramsey and Phil is his disgruntled employee that hates his screams.
7:20 OMG DAN SDFKHLSDKFHSD STOPPP
7:48 PHIL CAN'T WORK UNDER THESE CONDITIONS
8:00 "can we tone down the Gordon Ramsey by six" yes Phil I'm with you
8:12 "you can be my panda slave" there is a furry joke in here
8:30 tour bus accident reference
9:20 Dan is being obnoxious about taking instructions from Phil and I'm living for it.
9:53 you you you + cute giggles aww
10:29 "I'm just the plate hoe"
~11:00 I forgot how many ads there are and how long they are. I feel like I am contributing to their forever home
11:30 awful ratatouille pun that I love
11:55 Dan is in charge and I'm scared
12:58 SCREAMING IS HAPPENING
13:10 MORE SCREAMING good thing I'm wearing headphones because my dog would freak out
13:40 "twatatouille" and Dan thinks the algorithm will deem this video inappropriate

14:08 "just slowly massage me with your words" I think we'd all prefer a different kind of massage Phil
15:19 "you wash plates, that's a good Phil job right now" wow Dan. I'm sure Phil can cook perfectly well, or at least order Domino's :D
15:52 screamingggggg
16:13: DAN. IS. NOT. ON. FIRE
16:43 they will do a asda vs sakdjas if people want it. I do want it. Please give it to me
16:55 how long did they film this for it got so dark
17:15 pause and browse the suitcase. I'm having flashbacks
17:30~: RIZE IS DEAD where are the competition winners tho
18:25 Dan this is some serious babuse. Leave my baby Philly alone :'(
Charades
Oh my god where do I start. I think this vid is literally perfect aside from Phil's fringe. Dan is super sassy in it and Phil is trying his best & laughing at Dan's weird interpretations (to be fair Phil is not doing the best job with the charades lmao). Lots of cute touches and looks and just asdjkasdash gamingmas 2017 was a blessing
0:05 "boob kings" um
0:44 Oh god I forgot how much I love the quaff
0:55 Dan doesn't want to play for things and assures Phil he can have takeaway whenever he wants. Phil still wants to earn it. Cute shoulder hitting thingy
1:43 I love Dan's hair in this video
2:04 Dan is too good at this. Phil's shower rubbing was so good :')
2:37 getting stabbed while eating chocolate sauce doesn't sound that fun but Phil would probs take one for the team
3:30 that took way too long but Phil was pretty rubbish at it too hahah
4:25 "do I know it? have I read it?" of course Phil would know that
4:50 more shoulder hitting. Phil mouths the answer, gj Phil
5:50 POOR PHIL IS SO FLUSTERED while Dan is taking the piss
6:19 Phil keeps mouthing things
6:26 omg Dan cute giggle
6:44 "Phil is a big panicky flustery mess" that's exactly like Overcooked then
7:15 Phil's giggle :') Dan's smile :') I'm crying :')
7:33 I'm sorry but they both look so cute in this vid I have a hard time focusing. Loving the eye contact as well
8:25 Phil idk what you are trying to do but keep doing it
8:40 Phil is getting majorly insulted
9:10 Phil trying to show "perfect" and Dan is not having any of it
9:45 Phil is ugly, disappointing, cringe… DAN I'M GONNA FIGHT YOU
10:01 THIS IS SO CUTE DAN WAS JUST TROLLING HIM ZSKFDHSDKJ
10:19 Now Dan wants to earn this.
10:39 so much sass in this vid I love it
10:54 this is the closest we've come to a hug in recent years and I feel deprived
11:13 "who chopped off my penis" omg dan
11:37 "dan and phil naked burning in a fire – the musical" I would not watch that
12:10 I'M LAUGHING SO MUCH I forgot how much I loved this video
Comparison between the two:
Charades is not that old, but there are some differences. Namely THE FRINGE (this is like the 3rd time I'm mentioning this but it's important to me okay)
Their moods seem a bit different as well, or rather the general tone of the video. Overcooked is more stressful, Charades is filled with playful bickering and sass. More touching in Charades as well - I forgot how extra they were during Gamingmas.
On the other hand, comparing these two vids makes me realize how much they got us used to their attitudes. A year ago we were all most likely freaking out, now I was just like "cute video"

What are your thoughts everyone? :) A few questions to get a discussion going:
1. Which video did you like better?
2. What do you think is the difference between them almost 1 year ago and now?
3. Do you remember watching Charades when it first got released?
4. Have you watched Overcooked more than once since they posted it? Does it stress you out or make you laugh?
opendoor
rainbow nerd

I watched Overcooked really recently by coincidence, so I didn't get that much out of it this time, but I remember finding the "I am on the top, Phil is on the bottom" part funny, mainly because Dan giggles after, and the round when Phil takes charge and then gets so stressed he can't speak: "you...you...you...you...you". Also when Phil sets the whole hot air balloon on fire is pretty good. I'd definitely like an Overcooked Dan vs Phil. They would absolutely do better if Dan didn't make things so goddamn stressful, but I think he knows that and just does it in the vids for the comedy.

As for Charades, it's such a good vid. There are so many quotable moments, I did a few timestamps.

6:15 Dan guessing "our apartment" is cute don't @ me. :garbage:

6:29 Phil losing it after Rock and a Hard Place (smh Dan I totally got that one on the first watch) "THIS WAS BETWEEN, this was between, this was FRICKIN' between!"

I love how Dan got "perfect" from Phil right away.

11:34 "Dan and Phil naked burning in a fire: the musical" The Saving Private Ryan bit is fckn hilarious, Phil's gesturing is truly awful.

11:46 "There's always a person called Ryan, it's like, a name" a beautiful Phil line.

Finally 12:30 "We'll see about your whole hole-naan situation." ;)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Oh god, I had forgotten how much fun the Overcooked video was? Like, I remember loving it when it came out but it's not a video I have rewatched a lot, maybe 'cause it stresses me out a bit.
Anyway, the intro was SO GREAT. I love that we've reached a place where they can just ramble for minutes without a care in the world, lmao (and it makes me crave a video where they just talk to each other for as long as they like without having to play games, please @ dnp).
My favourite part was when Phil was in charge because he was a panicky mess and Dan was a petty lil' bugger and I live for that. Also the ending with dnp showing us the suitcases completely messed up (that's the Content I signed up for :tu: ) and even though I'm totally Phil in that situation, the fact that Dan let Phil mess up his suitcase like that is the greatest proof of love, imo. I would have decked him, are you kidding me?

One thing that struck to me is how Dan has been continuing those whole top/bottom jokes this year and how different his behavior is depending in which channel those jokes take place. In the GTPWTW video, he was kind of 'done' and 'challenging' when he said 'top or bottom, Phil?' while in Overcooked he just was having the time of his life with explaining which one of them was where. If that's not the biggest metaphor of how different Dan is on dinof and dapg, i don't know, man.

THE CHARADES VIDEO. ICONIC. LEGENDARY. A MASTERPIECE, IF YOU WILL. I love that video so so much, it's definitely in my top 10. It's one of those videos that properly make me laugh out loud, since it has some gems like:
- Dan's face while Phil was trying to skate;
- The whole 'between a rock and a hard place' bit ("please phone the rock for christmas" ajakdskdsk)
- Phil pointing at himself for the word 'perfect'
- THROW THE DIARY PENIS DAN AND PHIL, i swear I LOSE IT every time i get to that part, it's just too funny

I loved the Charades video more for the reason I said above, and I watched it when it first got released, but I always try to watch their videos as soon as they get uploaded.
I didn't notice too many differences between the way they were in those two particular videos - if we don't count Phil's fringe (seriously, I cannot believe he used to have a fringe, it feels like so long ago already) - but I'd love if they played Charades again for comparison. Gamingmas 2018, maybe? Pleaaaaaase.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I only watched Overcooked 2 a while ago, Dan is so annoying when he starts repeating everything at top speed. I'd want to smack him. Poor Phil not getting anywhere trying to be in charge. When he has time, he can be bossy, but not like that, I guess.

Oh god, charades. Phil and his naan holes. Dan is so cheeky, that smirk right at the end, the letting Phil carry on with the last one despite getting it 10 seconds in. I guessed along with half of them and Phil is so out of the box, I didn't get many. I thought private was secret. Phil's so into it, though, he's so incredulous that Dan didn't get what he meant. Dan's parting shot of "never reading suggestions again", all right, mate, just cos you didn't get it, not so mind-melded after all, eh ;)
kavat
pastel persona

Let's go, Overcooked!
There's so much going on in the first 20 secs. Phil hurts himself, Dan hits Phil, tickling funny bones (v cute Dan laugh at 0.21).

44 degrees Celsius is inhumane, oh my god. But them trying to figure out the weather app is adorable.

They are just rambling on about nothing. There's a fake bird in the room. Mountains. They want to go on tour with Harry Styles.

Who made that fanart of them as overcooked characters? I don't think I noticed that before?

Good dog content. Good toast content. "Butter me, big teezy" excuse me what?

Rats are running the food truck, they immediately identify with the characters. "I'll stir your mums yeast" can Dan just not speak thank you. They don't care for the plot at all. Dan makes a top/bottom reference and makes himself laugh. Smooth. Phil is either ignoring him or just not listening, either or is plausible.

The game is so stressful to follow, Dan is just shouting and Phil is just awful, I feel bad for their neighbors. I'm as stressed as Phil after two minutes of gameplay. That look after mentioning panda slave? Unnecessary.

Dan gets so snarky when Phil is supposed to tell orders. YouyouyouyouYOU, cup/cut, Phil is a mess and dan is just this-guying all over the shop. Dan is such a toddler, jesus christ. Cute face shove though.

They keep with the rats because they are trash. Everything is on fire and nothing is okay. "Slowly massage me with your words" is this Phil's idea of bedroom talk?

Ah, the picture of their suitcases turned inside out. I wonder how closely they examined that picture before deciding it was okay to show. Also that tv is standing very dangerously.

Rize spon, RIP. And then they end by throwing controllers at each other, they are literal children.
Alright, Charades!
Oh god, boob king. I'd forgotten that. Or repressed it. It's also so weird that Phil has the fringe, he's like a totally different person.

Phil needs to spice things up, this time with naan in his hole. Sure.

Phil's showering makes it too easy for Dan. Also shoutout to Dan for calling out problematic male geniuses. Cute doctor reenactment. Phil does that mouth tentacle thing he does for like every other creature but Dan gets it, because of course he does. But he doesn't get the rock one which is understandable, I know what it's supposed to be but I have no idea what Phil is doing. "You're a big panicky flustery mess" cute.

Phil's skating is so awful, I'm mad. "You're a fucking heffalump, you" adorable. Phil's way of showing "Perfect" is 100% to annoy Dan and I'm here for it. More grabbing. Saving private Ryan is sooo frustrating to watch, I could never do charades with Phil.
They are both pretty stressful and frustrating to watch actually. The first one because Dan is just shouting all over the place, and the second one because I would never understand Phil's moves, I'm frustrated on Dan's behalf. I think I liked Overcooked more as a live stream game, but this video has just so much of them just being them. It feels a lot like Dan and Phil in their natural habitat, just blabbering on about nothing for like five minutes before the game even starts. They were way more straight to the point in the charades vid.

I prefer Overcooked to Charades, mostly because it's just too frustrating to see Phil flail about things I don't understand.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I loved reading everyone's opinions <3 Please vote in the poll if you watched now so that we know which times are good for the future! https://www.strawpoll.me/16597952
The next round is at 8 PM BST, but feel free to watch in the meantime if you won't be around!

Ok first of all: I love how we all collectively hate the fringe. The Quiff is the best thing that happened to me in my entire life. I also quoted a lot of posts so I'm putting it under a spoiler to not take the entire page lmao, but I hope we will have some more discussion going!

In my earlier post I asked some questions, if you feel like answering them then here they are:
4. Have you watched Overcooked more than once since they posted it? Does it stress you out or make you laugh?
hello9217 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:51 pm I know people disliked this video because of how stressful it is and I get that but I think dan and phil are so funny that it makes up for it. Their dynamics are polar opposites, dan strives off being in command and shouting orders while phil crumbles. It also makes me miss the overcooked livestreams, even though they became redundant after awhile.
I agree!! Dan does stress me out like hell, but honestly if I were the one in Phil's place I'd be failing and laughing just like he is. It's clear Phil doesn't really mind it (even tho he tries to get Dan to chill) because he's just breaking down laughing. I wish the livestreams came back with any game at all, they were so damn great.
Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:58 pm - on the overall, phil is WAY TOO CUTE in this video, is it even legal? maybe i should call the police
- omg this is like the fifth ad for a beauty product i want to die a little bit
I'm crying. Yes and yes for both of those. Phil was so adorable (but Dan too, with his giggling and pretending to be done with it all when he's in fact laughing). And I got so many ads and each was like 30-50 seconds long. I really hope this is going towards their dog fund
opendoor wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:10 pm I'd definitely like an Overcooked Dan vs Phil. They would absolutely do better if Dan didn't make things so goddamn stressful, but I think he knows that and just does it in the vids for the comedy.
I do wonder if they will do a D vs P of this game, considering the amount of views it got. I would love to see it though. Do we think Dan would actually let Phil play though, or just scream wildly even in a vs mode?
(+1 on it being for the comedy - it's a funny dynamic even if Dan is a bit extra)
glitterintheair wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:24 pm One thing that struck to me is how Dan has been continuing those whole top/bottom jokes this year and how different his behavior is depending in which channel those jokes take place. In the GTPWTW video, he was kind of 'done' and 'challenging' when he said 'top or bottom, Phil?' while in Overcooked he just was having the time of his life with explaining which one of them was where. If that's not the biggest metaphor of how different Dan is on dinof and dapg, i don't know, man.
This is such a good point and I never even noticed. I feel like DAPG is the place where they both act more like themselves, which is why I'm not worried about the future of the channel. It's clear they still enjoy it, so they will keep using it for as long as they feel like.
kavat wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:35 pm I prefer Overcooked to Charades, mostly because it's just too frustrating to see Phil flail about things I don't understand.
I love that! I actually prefer Charades, because Phil is adorable and Dan seems to mostly find it endearing. But yeah, I think I would go insane if I were to play charades with Phil lol, I would never get anything right ever. These two really have some sort of a psychic link.
flarequake wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:34 pm I only watched Overcooked 2 a while ago, Dan is so annoying when he starts repeating everything at top speed. I'd want to smack him. Poor Phil not getting anywhere trying to be in charge. When he has time, he can be bossy, but not like that, I guess.
It's really interesting actually, they have a completely different way of "leading". It makes me wonder how they behave in a work environment for example, if one has to call the shots, which one of them would have the final word.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm so slow but I finally watched both videos and I really enjoyed myself :D

Overcooked notes and commentary:
Even before rewatching I already know that the award for best video intro of the year definitely goes to this one! Four glorious minutes of mess. :lol:

- Poor clumsy Phil gets no sympathy for hurting himself.
- Dan giggling at his own joke about tickling funny bones is really cute.
- Deppy are becoming old men who don't know how technology works.
- We might not be able to see the pretty mountains, but the lighting in this video pleases me. They look human and stuff.
- Dan says Phil might shove the joycon into his... ear. Phil has other ideas about that.
- Of course Phil was the weirdo kid putting torches in his mouth.
- Self aware kings. No need to stop talking boys.
- How often do you think that they just excitedly point out dogs to each other?
- I think Deppy's biggest kink is breakfast foods. Whether it's stolen cereal, buttered toast or pancakes, it really gets them going. :pancakes:
- Necromancy has nothing to do with putting your dick into food items Daniel.
- I have a feeling that whiny Dan complaining about Phil 'spoiling' things happens a lot.
- Phil appreciating a good pun among all the bad ones in this video.
- The actual gameplay for this game is so stressful. Not helped by Dan's screaming and Phil being... Phil.
- Dan is right, that salad better come with a bomb vinaigrette and even then it probably wouldn't save it. :|
- These two are both completely useless in any high stress situations.
- I'm offended on the behalf of Gordon Ramsay.
- Still amazed at Dan sleeping through that accident with the tourbus :')
- Phil is a stumbling mess. Dan is a little shit about it.
- you YOU you YOU lol the editing
- Dan whining about being called out on stumbling over his words as if he didn't do the exact same shit TWICE 5 seconds earlier. And remaining salty enough about it in editing. Bless him.
- So many bad puns.
- Dan gonna go Capitalester and demand a refund.
- Dan dies within the first few seconds. Phil sets a lot of shit on fire. They might wanna go back a few levels.
- They have disappointed the dog :(
- Dan just can't leave the Shrek references alone huh?
- Everything Is On Fire. Except Dan.
- I wonder if we'll get that Dan vs. Phil soon.
- I love Dan shaming Phil for being messy.
- Rize less stressful? In what world? That app took 10 years from my life.
Charades notes and commentary:
I was surprised that this one hadn't hit a million yet but at least it's pretty close. I'd almost feel Christmassy if I didn't have my fan on.

- Moths want Phil to get his tiddies out. :ribena:
- Dan has had it with Phil playing for things he's gonna do anyway.
- Dan was really impressed by Phil's shower rubbing.
- Phil thinks being covered in chocolate sauce while getting stabbed sounds like fun. Unexpectedly today's video theme ended up being weird (food) kinks.
- Phil imitating a flying police box SURPRISINGLY doesn't help.
- Phil knows stacks of books! How many copies of Ready Player One does he have? :hmmm:
- It's nice to hear about some other green creature instead of Shrek.
- Phil really almost went mad when doing Between A Rock And A Hard Place, but tbh I wouldn't have gotten it either.
- I feel like Phil uses that impression for almost every animal so I'm impressed with Dan guessing a bird at all.
- The DvsP board just wants a conclusion to its series boys. You can't blame it.
- True friends call you ugly.
- Doing the cup song would probably be more effective than this mess but at least Dan got it somehow.
- What else could be perfect? Oh Philly. In a few months you'll be switching to quiff and then we'll know the true definition of perfection. :loveeyes:
- I actually don't think Phil did that badly for the last one, Dan just didn't guess the right words despite getting close at times.
I have rewatched Overcooked once or twice since they posted it, pretty soon after it was posted. But I don't think I ever rewatched that charades video. That late into Gamingmas there are just so many videos that I get kinda overwhelmed and end up not rewatching anything lol.

Before watching I actually thought I'd like Charades more for some reason, but it turned out that Overcooked reigned supreme. You just can't beat that intro, I really wouldn't mind if they did that more often. Aside from that intro, the video has a pretty high pace which does me feel a bit stressed while watching them fuck things up, but ultimately it's fun. Watching the slower vibes of Charades right after it was nice though. We picked a perfect pair! :tu:

I actually don't think that there are that many differences in their behavior a year later, because imo Gamingmas 2017 was basically a teaser for what was to come. The biggest difference is probably Phil's quiff (the fringe omg it really does look even worse than I remember) and how it has made him more confident and stuff, but we could already see that confidence peaking through last year. The Phil from back then is a man is confident enough to slowly gather up the courage for a pretty drastic change in his life that has was very nervous about. And it only got better from there. :love2:

Something that's interesting is how both of these videos were made during busier times than usual; Gamingmas and tour. I kinda wonder which one they think is more stressful?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

I already answered a few of these but here are my thoughts a bit more structured.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 1. Which video did you like better?
I must say Overcooked! The banter in the beginning, the innuendos, Dan calling out Phil's bagage mess, Phil just completely breaking down under the pressure. Love it. I don't love Dan's shouting, but I'll take it. Charades is just 80% frustrating, 10% Dan being a little shit and 10% me hating the fringe. There's a reason why I haven't rewatched that.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 2. What do you think is the difference between them almost 1 year ago and now?
I think both gamingmas and the tour videos generally have the same vibe. They are relaxed with their guards down a bit because there's a lot going on, they filmed several videos on the same day etc. But dear god, I'm so thankful the fringe is gone.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 3. Do you remember watching Charades when it first got released?
Yes, and I remember not like it very much because of how badly Phil did. Also, I don't like charades in general, there's too much secondhand embarrassment involved.
Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm 4. Have you watched Overcooked more than once since they posted it? Does it stress you out or make you laugh?
I usually rewatch their videos the day after they come out, so I probably did that. But it's too recent for me to have rewatched it for fun, I tend to go for something I don't have that fresh in memory.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Love the responses! <3 It's nice to see some in depth discussion about these two videos. I'm really enjoying myself, hope you will be up for doing this again in the future!
Reminder - round two starts at 8:00 PM BST, that's 1h 15 mins from now. Don't worry that there are already a few posts here, just come and discuss if you're watching! The discussion should ideally start anew with the second round :)

Catallena wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:57 pm Before watching I actually thought I'd like Charades more for some reason, but it turned out that Overcooked reigned supreme. You just can't beat that intro, I really wouldn't mind if they did that more often. Aside from that intro, the video has a pretty high pace which does me feel a bit stressed while watching them fuck things up, but ultimately it's fun. Watching the slower vibes of Charades right after it was nice though. We picked a perfect pair! :tu:

Something that's interesting is how both of these videos were made during busier times than usual; Gamingmas and tour. I kinda wonder which one they think is more stressful?
I loved your commentary so much <3
While as a video I liked Charades better, I echo you and the others that loved the intro of Overcooked. Tbh I just love when deppy talk between each other with little to no regard for the audience, because ultimately, I am here for their dynamic and I love hearing them speak. This is a bit like when they tune us out in joint live shows, honestly my favorite thing.
And I totally agree!! It probably wasn't intentional, but we picked two videos with a somewhat stressful vibe, but Charades was still pretty chill. Happy coincidence :D

Hmm I would guess the tour was more stressful per se, but Gamingmas must be kinda taxing on them because they don't have the set, "forced" times and days to do things, it's about getting themselves to do the work without procrastinating.

@kavat I just have to agree with everything you said about the fringe. Not only was the fringe bad, but it was worse in recent years (imo) than in like 2014. Quiff Phil is such a blessing. I'm going to go stare at his insta selfies now. :ribena:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Hey everyone, I hope some people are here for round 2! :cheer:
We will play the first video at 8:10 BST (leaving time for everyone to get here): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nv4x9pVIAY
Then the second video right after: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kO_I-K88p8

Post your thoughts, commentary, timestamps, anything you like! Remember no adblock & watch the full ads!

There are also a few questions to get a discussion going, feel free to add your own!
Lastly please vote here to tell us which time suited you better - it will help in the future! https://www.strawpoll.me/16597952
Last edited by Ablissa on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

im ready with my food :tu:
"you are next to me in my life"
Ablissa
pastel persona

If you're here, start the video nooow! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nv4x9pVIAY
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ablissa wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:50 pm @kavat I just have to agree with everything you said about the fringe. Not only was the fringe bad, but it was worse in recent years (imo) than in like 2014. Quiff Phil is such a blessing. I'm going to go stare at his insta selfies now. :ribena:
And let's not forget those horrible shaved sides that, combined with the fringe, created a lethal combo that upset me for a long time. Dark times.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.